All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:45 am 

Schumacher forever#1 wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:
then

dat face. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: wasn't expected that at all! Looks like Sutil still hasn't forgotten his relationship with Lewis!

You would look like that too if you were driving a Sauber this year with Massa type luck. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:40 am 

HawaiiF1Fan wrote:
Schumacher forever#1 wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:
then

dat face. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: wasn't expected that at all! Looks like Sutil still hasn't forgotten his relationship with Lewis!

You would look like that too if you were driving a Sauber this year with Massa type luck. ;)

To me Sutil has always seemed like a driver who is extremely talented but has never really tried very hard. I don't see the ambition in him to win a title. It's too late now but there was a time about 2-3 years back when his stock was reasonably high and if he had made that extra bit of effort he might have been able to get himself a good drive. But he didn't. He seemed too taken with enjoying the privileges of a F1 driver. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it can't come at the cost of effort. Sutil stopped pushing, or at least that's how it seemed to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:48 pm 

I read that around L20 a stone got stuck in Alonso's RW and during the fight with VET he had even more problems (energy harvesting, braking) and Ferrari were even thinking about retiring him. Apparently they talked on the team radio with him regarding this stuff (but it wasn't shown on TV). Has anyone found a detailed explanation of ALO's problems?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:17 pm 

Not really, but watching the in-car footage, Alonso's straight line speed decreased from 300kph to 290kph from beginning to end in his battle with Vettel. Some sort of battery problem (assuming MGU-K) and a stalled rear wing with the lodged stone made him a sitting duck.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:24 pm 

VDV23 wrote:
F1creep wrote:
chican wrote:
Apparently after his pitstop the car wasn't behaving very well, he had to save fuel, the batteries weren't working well and there was some issue with his rear wing... he admitted that they were considering retiring by then.

Well then he was fortunate to score 8 points. That's Alonso. When things aren't going his way he will still salvage enough not to make the weekend a total waste. Alonso vs Bottas will decide the Ferrari vs Williams battle since the other two are totally useless at the moment. Williams definitely has a better package and Bottas is driving very well too so Alonso needs to keep pushing. He never does give up anyway.

The problem is how much the Williams looks. Bottas was slicing through the field with ease thanks to their top speed (I don't mean to discredit him) while Alonso had to pull outrageous moves all over the place. And from time to time Massa can actually finish a race while Kimi looks completely lost.

Nice picture! Very ironic.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:30 pm 

Great vids from Alonso onboard

http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2014/07 ... s-win.html

Magnussen onboard really cool

2014 Championship finish: 39th
2015 Championship finish: 28th

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:14 pm 

deSiRiuS wrote:
Great vids from Alonso onboard

http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2014/07 ... s-win.html

Magnussen onboard really cool

Thank you!

This looks INSANE 8O 8O The Ferrari I mean. Look at the first video, he's literally drifting around every corner 8O From the onboards (TR, RBR, Macca), the Ferrari looks the one with the worst driveability, by far (this could be because of the fuel load, though). Great stuff to watch, his line in the traction zones were funny but I guess that's a way to compensate for the lack of traction. Also, he gave Danny a lesson in opportunistic driving.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:57 pm 

Is Fernando Alonso a god or something? He must be

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:17 pm 

That was a good race and a great driver from him today, so close to the win and gave the team some good points :thumbup: :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:29 pm 

A2jdl wrote:
That was a good race and a great driver from him today, so close to the win and gave the team some good points :thumbup: :D

And put Ferrari back in 3rd in WCC.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:15 pm 

VDV23 wrote:
Is Fernando Alonso a god or something? He must be

Zeus - god of thunder, Pseidon - god of sea, Alonso - god of haste. :-Q

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:16 pm 

Class is permanent.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:22 pm 

would have been an epic win, but 2nd is still great.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:37 pm 

davidheath461 wrote:

The SC massively benefited Riccairdo and put him in position to win. Still, in normal conditions, Alonso never would have had the opportunity to defend his lead. He's still driving the fourth best car, which many (not in this thread) fail to acknowledge.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:11 pm 

jrwb6e wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:

The SC massively benefited Riccairdo and put him in position to win. Still, in normal conditions, Alonso never would have had the opportunity to defend his lead. He's still driving the fourth best car, which many (not in this thread) fail to acknowledge.

nah people know it's a poor car. they can see Kimi. they just expect this kinda stuff from Alonso. he does it all the time and you can only go on praising someone for so long. it gets tedious. he is numero uno in F1. people have made their peace with it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:43 pm 

F1creep wrote:
jrwb6e wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:

nah people know it's a poor car. they can see Kimi. they just expect this kinda stuff from Alonso. he does it all the time and you can only go on praising someone for so long. it gets tedious. he is numero uno in F1. people have made their peace with it.

A good reference point for the car is, I think, looking at Kimi's performances and that would be the position of the average driver in it. Looks like Ferrari have got the edge over Force India, but Mclaren seem to be getting better. ATM, I think it's fourth fastest just ahead of FI and Macca. It seems like the cooler conditions are better for Ferrari, podium for Alonso in China as well which I presume was cool enough. It's quite amazing, though, that he has not had a race that he drover poorly in. Him and Ricciardo are drivers of the first half of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:26 pm 

This is what driving 32 laps on one set of soft tyres looks like

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:40 pm 

Alonso is driving like he did in 2012, but with a car that is even worse. The man is like peak period Senna. He's that good. It frustrates me that Ferrari have tiddled his talents away the last few years.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:15 pm 

VDV23 wrote:

It makes me wonder if staying out two or three extra laps before the last stop could have been the difference maker. At the time though, Ferrari was probably worried about covering Hamilton.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:36 pm 

Look at the wing on the radiators...have some tyre marbles...simply awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:42 pm 

Great drive. Great defending.

MichaelSchumacher-★Scuderia Ferrari

Nico Rosberg Vs Lewis Hamilton- What A Battle

Last edited by azeem on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:45 pm 

jrwb6e wrote:
VDV23 wrote:

It makes me wonder if staying out two or three extra laps before the last stop could have been the difference maker. At the time though, Ferrari was probably worried about covering Hamilton.

Yeah, I was like, pit, Fernando! Hamiltons going to undercut you! Little did I know those few extra laps were crucial.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:55 pm 

jrwb6e wrote:
VDV23 wrote:

I think they were covering Rosberg who stopped before the pair of them

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:10 pm 

4. F. Alonso 115
12. K. Raikkonen 27

Alonso is 11-0...Its funny,in the winter testing some Alonso haters said that Raikkonen was better than Alonso,that he was going to destroy him...now that same haters say that Raikkonen is a bad driver,he is old(this last years he was fighting on the top) or the car doesnt fit well enought(never happened this in 11 years in F1)...other people say that the car is made for Alonso,of course,Alonso likes a car undriveable,with bad top speed,bad traction...the perfect car for Alonso must be a Catherdam or something like that...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:24 am 

Does anyone know what Alonso said in Italian after the radio congratulations. I heard "Ricciardo" and "Hamilton" but couldnt make anything else out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:30 am 

He said to the team that he couldnt do anything more because ricciardo and hamilton had fresher tires...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:36 am 

ynot22 wrote:
Does anyone know what Alonso said in Italian after the radio congratulations. I heard "Ricciardo" and "Hamilton" but couldnt make anything else out.

dogboy wrote:
He said to the team that he couldnt do anything more because ricciardo and hamilton had fresher tires...

Thanks for the translation Dogboy. Although I dont think Alonso owes anyone an explanation. He is carrying Ferrari again this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:45 am 

Fernando is now the only driver on the grid to have scored points in every race

He's also the only driver to have finished in front of his teammate at every GP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:13 pm 

mcdo wrote:
Fernando is now the only driver on the grid to have scored points in every race

He's also the only driver to have finished in front of his teammate at every GP

:thumbup: What a great drive by Fernando. Looking at the picture of his tyres, forgetting there is rubber pick up on them, there is no way that he should have been able to hold on to finish 2nd, but he did, & that is one of the reasons that I like him so much :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:05 am 

Happy birthday from Mclaren... :lol: :lol:
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/494014441433083904

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:07 am 

dogboy wrote:

Now that is bizarre

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:10 am 

I kinda want to believe that's just an innocent birthday wish, but the experienced F1 cynical side of me tells me it isn't

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:17 am 

RunningMan wrote:
I kinda want to believe that's just an innocent birthday wish, but the experienced F1 cynical side of me tells me it isn't

Didn't McLaren wish him a happy birthday last year as well?

Given how low McLaren have fallen in the past couple of years I wouldn't be surprised if they see this twitter message as their recruitment strategy :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:36 pm 

VDV23 wrote:
RunningMan wrote:

Didn't McLaren wish him a happy birthday last year as well?

Given how low McLaren have fallen in the past couple of years I wouldn't be surprised if they see this twitter message as their recruitment strategy :lol:

:lol: You could be right there. I do agree with mcdo that it is bizarre especially mentioning that the photo is Alonso driving their car in 2007. I know that 2007 was the only year he drove for them but, considering what happened that year, I would have thought that they would leave out any mention of the year :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:45 am 

Ferrari are doing a 3 part documentary on Alonso titled 'The Fighter', here's part 1:

http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/the-fighter

“I have often gone on record as saying that I think Fernando is the very best driver of his generation, if not ever. He’s that good."
- Rob Smedley

Favourite Driver: Fernando Alonso

Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:44 am 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:
Ferrari are doing a 3 part documentary on Alonso titled 'The Fighter', here's part 1:

:thumbup: Thanks for that, I've always found these interviews with Alonso interesting as he always says it like it is. People who don't like him tend to say that he is too arrogant, doesn't own up to anything being his fault etc but, when you watch interviews like this, he is always honest including admitting that some situations were his fault & he could have done better/different. I have supported only two drivers in recent F1 since the very first day they raced, & that is Michael Schumacher & Fernando Alonso. Although both of them could be/have been ruthless on track, I have always found both of them extremely interesting & honest in serious interviews. And I don't think it's because I am biased :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:49 am 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:

Thanks but the video doesnt work for me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:30 pm 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:

:thumbup: nice video, keep us posted for the rest cheers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:08 am 

Maranello, 13 August – The Fernando Alonso photo-story continues on ferrari.com. In today’s second chapter, the Spaniard looks back at a life of success and sacrifice, with highs and lows and his time with Ferrari in a round-up of photos that bring the words to life.

Part 2: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/formula-1

“I have often gone on record as saying that I think Fernando is the very best driver of his generation, if not ever. He’s that good."
- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:05 am 

Oh ya, in case you guys missed it. Ferrari's tribute vid to Alonso for his birthday 2-3 weeks ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxvmkzYH ... qt8MH--zGw

- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC