planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:53 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:57 pm 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:
Oh ya, in case you guys missed it. Ferrari's tribute vid to Alonso for his birthday 2-3 weeks ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxvmkzYH ... qt8MH--zGw

Thanks man. Awesome !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:58 pm 

When I watch this video I feel sorry for the whole situation. You can see LdM & Ferrari doing everything they can to cling to the best driver in F1 instead of doing everything they can to be the best team in F1. Alonso sticking with the most powerful team instead of taking a massive pay cut and going for a few more titles. Not that Alonso doesn't deserve to be the highest paid driver or among the highest but 5 years at Ferrari and no title and really I don't think he was ever really close in 2010 & 2012. He was close because he was that good and his competition boffed a few times making it closer than it was. If Alonso's car was anything close to equal - I repeat, anything close to equal - he wins two more titles.

Wake up Ferdinand, take a massive pay cut and go steal the best car on the grid. The time is ticking on your F1 career.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:00 pm 

Bentrovato wrote:
When I watch this video I feel sorry for the whole situation. You can see LdM & Ferrari doing everything they can to cling to the best driver in F1 instead of doing everything they can to be the best team in F1. Alonso sticking with the most powerful team instead of taking a massive pay cut and going for a few more titles. Not that Alonso doesn't deserve to be the highest paid driver or among the highest but 5 years at Ferrari and no title and really I don't think he was ever really close in 2010 & 2012. He was close because he was that good and his competition boffed a few times making it closer than it was. If Alonso's car was anything close to equal - I repeat, anything close to equal - he wins two more titles.

Wake up Ferdinand, take a massive pay cut and go steal the best car on the grid. The time is ticking on your F1 career.

Trust me, he would. But it's not all about money in F1. Mercedes want to keep a good industrial relations, and releasing Hamilton will create tyranny!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:26 pm 

VDV23 wrote:
This is what driving 32 laps on one set of soft tyres looks like

That's what all tyres look like at the end of a race after picking up rubber.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:56 pm 

bbobeckyj wrote:
VDV23 wrote:
This is what driving 32 laps on one set of soft tyres looks like

That's what all tyres look like at the end of a race after picking up rubber.

How dare you :frown:

NNNNNNNNO :evil:

This is how a hero, superhuman, out of this world being created with the gene's of the Gods, carved out unobtanium, tires look like after a masterfull drive on a horrid car that he drove well above its limits. Only by his unnatural ability was he able not to get killed under such awful conditions proven by the obvious condition of his tires.

This is not an attemp to add weight to the car by picking up some marbles, you Sir are a missinformed hater. Shame on you ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:35 am 

PRFAN wrote:

This is how a hero, superhuman, out of this world being created with the gene's of the Gods, carved out unobtanium, tires look like after a masterfull drive on a horrid car that he drove well above its limits. Only by his unnatural ability was he able not to get killed under such awful conditions proven by the obvious condition of his tires.

This is not an attemp to add weight to the car by picking up some marbles, you Sir are a missinformed hater. Shame on you ;)

Atleast bbob was pointing out the facts, rather than being ridiculous by blaming Alonso for Ferrari's poor cars ;)

“I have often gone on record as saying that I think Fernando is the very best driver of his generation, if not ever. He’s that good."
- Rob Smedley

Favourite Driver: Fernando Alonso

Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:14 pm 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:
PRFAN wrote:

Atleast bbob was pointing out the facts, rather than being ridiculous by blaming Alonso for Ferrari's poor cars ;)

At least bbob was pointing out the facts

As did I.

But it is something to behold how a picture of a normal tire driven over some marbles became the cry for the vindication of a hero.

being ridiculous by blaming Alonso for Ferrari's poor car

Blame is not the same as accountability, do I blame him? NO, do I hold him accountable for the current state of affairs.................

But hey, this is the official Alonso Thread, so.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:40 pm 

PRFAN wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:
PRFAN wrote:

At least bbob was pointing out the facts

As did I.

But it is something to behold how a picture of a normal tire driven over some marbles became the cry for the vindication of a hero.

being ridiculous by blaming Alonso for Ferrari's poor car

Blame is not the same as accountability, do I blame him? NO, do I hold him accountable for the current state of affairs.................

But hey, this is the official Alonso Thread, so.

Yes this is the official Alonso thread, not the Alonso fan thread. Criticism of Alonso is not disallowed in here as far as I am aware. So feel free to speak your mind as long as it's constructive.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:35 am 

Alonso thrashing around and doing tricks in a go-kart @ the Oviedo Road Show in 2009, really entertaining and cool to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyKGL8j_K80

“I have often gone on record as saying that I think Fernando is the very best driver of his generation, if not ever. He’s that good."
- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:16 am 

"In the world there are hundreds of millions of drivers, several thousand make their living from it, a few hundred live very well. There are 22 grand prix drivers, maybe six of them are really good, three exceptional, but there is only one genius. So if I had to choose the most complete driver I would say Alonso."
- Jackie Stewart

http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/0 ... eQAns.dpuf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:38 pm 

Prema wrote:
"In the world there are hundreds of millions of drivers, several thousand make their living from it, a few hundred live very well. There are 22 grand prix drivers, maybe six of them are really good, three exceptional, but there is only one genius. So if I had to choose the most complete driver I would say Alonso."
- Jackie Stewart

http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/0 ... eQAns.dpuf

:thumbup: :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:45 pm 

So, did Alonso have a kers issue or not today?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:50 pm 

SwedeForceOne wrote:

Very slow down the straight, I presumed he would have had since they were trying to fix something on the car before the race. Disappointed not to see an interview with him. Everything went wrong for Fernando today, everything.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:55 pm 

Schumacher forever#1 wrote:
SwedeForceOne wrote:

Very slow down the straight, I presumed he would have had since they were trying to fix something on the car before the race. Disappointed not to see an interview with him. Everything went wrong for Fernando today, everything.

I've heard it was KERS problems and a fuel pump problem
They had to keep him on the grid due to some problem with the battery.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:52 pm 

It seems that even though he was PC at the start of the season & stayed stum, Fernando has the same view as Seb on the current cars.

''First, because we are not competitive and also because it is quite boring to drive the car... It is too slow and too heavy and we are not able to have the noise that we used to enjoy.''

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/sp ... /10454207/?

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:35 am 

ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
It seems that even though he was PC at the start of the season & stayed stum, Fernando has the same view as Seb on the current cars.

''First, because we are not competitive and also because it is quite boring to drive the car... It is too slow and too heavy and we are not able to have the noise that we used to enjoy.''

Hmmm so Alonso shares the same view as Vettel on this years cars.

In b4 the normal posters claim that what he said 'Must be mind games against Lewis, Nico, Dan and anyone else who is fine with driving this years' cars.'

Fav driver: KIMI RAIKKONEN

---

Alonso's the best, Vettel's the most successful, Hamilton's the quickest & Kimi's the coolest :smug:
Respect them ALL!

---
Brazil 2007-The Dream Came True

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:58 am 

ob1kenobi.23 wrote:

I bet he'd be singing a different tune if that bolded part was different. Just like Seb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:26 pm 

All I can say is that he hasn't exactly looked bored to me this season considering he has been involved in some of the best wheel to wheel racing with Vettel & other drivers :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:54 pm 

Some articles of interest....

Not wanting to start up the Spa controversy again, I saw today that Alonso, Vettel & Hulk have all come out in support of Rosberg, contrary to their silence before leading some to believe that "all" drivers condemned Nico for the incident.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/drivers-back-rosberg-over-hamilton-clash/

Alonso has apparently also said that Vettel is not the best driver in F1, that Lewis is.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-vettel-not-the-best-driver/

Lastly, Alonso says that there are contract extensions talks in the works and that he is not going anywhere for at least 2 years. He also lambast the media that keeps talking about him going elsewhere when he says the opposite almost every race weekend.

"However, on this topic, it's a year now that I've been saying I want to stay at Ferrari and extend my contract. That's my wish, I repeat it every two weeks, at the end of every race, yet it's never said, in fact there is a tendency for the opposite to be said."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-wants-to-extend-my-contract/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:08 pm 

Blake wrote:

Alonso has apparently also said that Vettel is not the best driver in F1, that Lewis is.

I'm surprised this is not getting a thread of its own.. Posted by either a Vettel hater or a Hamilton adorer. Or those who would shed bad light on Alonso accusing him of mind games or whatever.. ;)

2011 Silverstone 1st
2012 Spa 1st
2012 Interlagos 3rd
2015 China 2nd
2015 Monza 1st

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:03 pm 

Lotus38 wrote:
Blake wrote:

I'm surprised this is not getting a thread of its own.. Posted by either a Vettel hater or a Hamilton adorer. Or those who would shed bad light on Alonso accusing him of mind games or whatever.. ;)

Mind games in battle for...3rd :lol:

Alonso has been consistent. When Vettel was dominating in a car much faster than anything else on the grid - he was saying Vettel is not the best. And Danny is beating Seb and Alonso is saying the same stuff. I don't think it's mind games - it is his opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:18 pm 

VDV23 wrote:
Lotus38 wrote:
Blake wrote:

Alonso has been consistent. When Vettel was dominating in a car much faster than anything else on the grid - he was saying Vettel is not the best. And Danny is beating Seb and Alonso is saying the same stuff. I don't think it's mind games - it is his opinion.

It never usually is mind games. But people call it that anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:10 am 

VDV23 wrote:
Lotus38 wrote:
Blake wrote:

I think you may have missed the sarcasm there on the last part of my post :-P

2011 Silverstone 1st
2012 Spa 1st
2012 Interlagos 3rd
2015 China 2nd
2015 Monza 1st

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:42 am 

Blake wrote:
Some articles of interest....

Not wanting to start up the Spa controversy again, I saw today that Alonso, Vettel & Hulk have all come out in support of Rosberg, contrary to their silence before leading some to believe that "all" drivers condemned Nico for the incident.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/drivers-back-rosberg-over-hamilton-clash/

:thumbup:

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:30 am 

Lotus38 wrote:
VDV23 wrote:
Lotus38 wrote:
Blake wrote:

I think you may have missed the sarcasm there on the last part of my post :-P

Oh no, I didn't. I was just humored by the possibility of some people thinking it is actually mind games (and let's face it, there are people who would have taught like that)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:05 am 

So Fernando did this thing on twitter last year where he would respond to his fans questions, choosing the most popular ones to respond to. There are some real interesting gems in there, like this:

What do those gestures with your hands on the cool down lap mean?

It started with a TV programme I used to watch in Spain when I was a kid called “El chavo del 8”, where the main character would do this gesture. Over time it developed into a way of saying hello to my grandmother, so every time I would go to the airport for the next race she would say to me: “remember to say hello to me if you win”. So I’ve done that for her all this time… And it always will be if I get the chance to win again.

There are lots of other interesting ones, F1 related and non F1 related: http://www.fernandoalonso.com/en/category/askalo/

oh and for those who are confused as to what gestures, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdgQXvrUm6c, the hand gestures at 1:00 that he always does when he wins.

- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:26 pm 

That's pretty cool!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:31 am 

Alonso looking for a big payout to leave.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/10/29/alonso-squeezing-ferrari-for-big-severance-payout/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:39 am 

Zoue wrote:

Back in Suzuka people were making it out like Alonso had nowhere to go and had played himself into a corner

Now it seems Alonso has the power to squeeze a big severance out of Ferrari because he still has a contarct.

Shows how little clue everyone has and why they should stick to actually reporting facts.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:06 pm 

Might have been prudent for Mattiachi/Ferrari to have waited until Alonso had signed off on the mutual separation before signing up Seb. RB have made them look silly with that early announcement.

If true of course, then it's a hell of a debut year for Mattiachi.

Honda were going to pay 40m to Ferrari to release Alonso. Waives it and agrees to let Alonso leave for free. 8)

Signs Seb before Alonso has signed the release and RB reveals it to the world. :-((

Now has to pay off either Alonso or Kimi for 20-50m :x

Outstanding bit of business.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:07 pm 

RunningMan wrote:
Zoue wrote:

Back in Suzuka people were making it out like Alonso had nowhere to go and had played himself into a corner

Now it seems Alonso has the power to squeeze a big severance out of Ferrari because he still has a contarct.

Shows how little clue everyone has and why they should stick to actually reporting facts.

This one is not confirmed as facts either. The article is all about "ifs". Speculations in this and that direction.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:11 pm 

Lotus49 wrote:
Might have been prudent for Mattiachi/Ferrari to have waited until Alonso had signed off on the mutual separation before signing up Seb. RB have made them look silly with that early announcement.

Honda were going to pay 40m to Ferrari to release Alonso. Waives it and agrees to let Alonso leave for free. 8)

Signs Seb before Alonso has signed the release and RB reveals it to the world. :-((

Can't speak for Italy but in some countries a verbal agreement is as good as a signed contract and is binding. It's possible Alonso said "I quit" in the supposedly heated conversation they had last month, which Mattiacci took as binding. I'm not saying that's true either but just highlighting how dangerous it is to jump to conclusions based on the odd report here and there. Maybe this one's not true, either :-P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:21 pm 

Zoue wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:

Can't speak for Italy but in some countries a verbal agreement is as good as a signed contract and is binding. It's possible Alonso said "I quit" in the supposedly heated conversation they had last month, which Mattiacci took as binding. I'm not saying that's true either but just highlighting how dangerous it is to jump to conclusions based on the odd report here and there. Maybe this one's not true, either :-P

I did say "if true". :-P .Just joining in on the fun.

As for the Verbal agreement part, I don't know about Italy either mate but I know it's always a nightmare to prove and would fit in with the part in the article about both parties wanting to keep it out of the courts. Plenty of other reasons to keep it out of the courts of course but just saying.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:34 pm 

Prema wrote:
RunningMan wrote:
Zoue wrote:

This one is not confirmed as facts either. The article is all about "ifs". Speculations in this and that direction.

Exactly, the only people that know are Ferrari Alonso and Vettel.
I was just ponting out that some of the same sources who a few weeks ago that were painting a picture of Alonso being trapped, have now completely changed their tune.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:38 pm 

Lotus49 wrote:

Yes, I agree. I am beginning to get a bit skeptical about this guy. I mean, I see how as a manager you could get the job done even with zero experience in F1 (and motor racing entirely for that matter) but if any of this stuff on FA proves approx. correct, ouch. Scemo !!!

The thing I know is that he for sure wants FA out so you might very well be correct: MM wanted FA out of the way so much that he screwed things up totally. Very very possible.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:49 pm 

Edit: nevermind

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:47 am 

Alonso driving one handed during FP3 at COTA, the way he controls the slide through T13 is pretty impressive. http://www.gfycat.com/BlackandwhiteLikableDevilfish

- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:59 am 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:
Alonso driving one handed during FP3 at COTA, the way he controls the slide through T13 is pretty impressive. http://www.gfycat.com/BlackandwhiteLikableDevilfish

Yes was impressive ans shows what a handful the car is. i wonder why he ketp taking that hand off the wheel ? its asif he arm was hurting or something.

Another good showing at the weekend btw.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:00 pm 

A2jdl wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:

Yes was impressive ans shows what a handful the car is. i wonder why he ketp taking that hand off the wheel ? its asif he arm was hurting or something.

Another good showing at the weekend btw.

For a guess he is adjusting the brake bias, we normally see the drivers do it with their left hand, and having just come from the heaviest braking zone on the circuit it's logical that he probably had to adjust it back.

Nice video :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:04 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ziuy1qHg3I

He doesn't sound angry, he sounds more like "I can't believe how incompetent you guys are"