All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:39 pm 

RunningMan wrote:
Prema wrote:
RunningMan wrote:
Zoue wrote:

Back in Suzuka people were making it out like Alonso had nowhere to go and had played himself into a corner

Now it seems Alonso has the power to squeeze a big severance out of Ferrari because he still has a contarct.

Shows how little clue everyone has and why they should stick to actually reporting facts.

This one is not confirmed as facts either. The article is all about "ifs". Speculations in this and that direction.

Exactly, the only people that know are Ferrari Alonso and Vettel.
I was just ponting out that some of the same sources who a few weeks ago that were painting a picture of Alonso being trapped, have now completely changed their tune.

And now a rumoured largest contract in F1 history

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/241 ... tory-of-f1

That Alonso fella hadn't a clue what he was doing!

FA#14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:19 am 

Not exactly confirmation, but Autosport aren't normally one for printing rumour and hearsay so it's likely to be accurate:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116713

Interestingly, from the report it seems that Button leaving is not quite a done deal and Alonso himself would prefer him to remain. That decision may be made before Abu Dhabi but Button is still very much in the frame due to his strong performances. It also seems that Ferrari are unable to announce Vettel as part of the settlement agreement with Alonso.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:57 pm 

I don't know about anyone else but I was really pi.ssed off with Kimi holding up Alonso this race when Alonso was obviously faster &, as far as I could see, for no reason except that one is leaving the team & one isn't. Alonso got past Kimi anyway so it was a futile exercise on Kimi's part & I think, ultimately, Ferrari's, & I am a Ferrari supporter. I did say to my husband earlier this week that with Ferrari keeping Kimi (who has done FA this year) & signing Vettel (who I don't particularly like), 2015 may be the year that I finally don't support Ferrari after having done so ever since I was a kid 8O :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:10 pm 

DrG wrote:
I don't know about anyone else but I was really tiddled off with Kimi holding up Alonso this race &, as far as I could see, for no reason except that one is leaving the team & one isn't. Alonso got past Kimi anyway so it was a futile exercise on Kimi's part & I think, ultimately, Ferrari's, & I am a Ferrari supporter. I did say to my husband earlier this week that with Ferrari keeping Kimi (who has done FA this year) & signing Vettel (who I don't particularly like), 2015 may be the year that I finally don't support Ferrari after having done so ever since I was a kid 8O :(

Alonso has said that he didn't have enough fuel to challenge Vettel anyway and had to turn it down immediately after getting past, so in reality the only thing Kimi and Alonso were fighting for was bragging rights.

If Alonso was in a title fight I think you'd have a point but Kimi's actions in 2008 suggest he wouldn't have been quite so obstructive if that had been the case. But Alonso doesn't have a right to any place and I don't see why Kimi should just get out of his way for no reason. Think about it from the driver's point of view. This was the first race where he's been pretty competitive in a long time, and he may have been able to keep the position if his race hadn't been compromised in the pits, where he lost four seconds. Why shouldn't he try and salvage as much as he can?

By all accounts Alonso wasn't upset and he enjoyed finally making the pass. I don't think it's a big deal.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:12 pm 

DrG wrote:
I don't know about anyone else but I was really pi.ssed off with Kimi holding up Alonso this race when Alonso was obviously faster &, as far as I could see, for no reason except that one is leaving the team & one isn't. Alonso got past Kimi anyway so it was a futile exercise on Kimi's part & I think, ultimately, Ferrari's, & I am a Ferrari supporter. I did say to my husband earlier this week that with Ferrari keeping Kimi (who has done FA this year) & signing Vettel (who I don't particularly like), 2015 may be the year that I finally don't support Ferrari after having done so ever since I was a kid 8O :(

i didnt mind at all really as Fernando isnt in the title fight and its near the end of the season, it made me smile actually .... and it produced a good little battle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:48 am 

Yea, you're right. I think I'm just miffed about everything at the moment :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:00 pm 

DrG wrote:

I said the exact same thing in 2010 when Mr Alonso arrived at Ferrari. However as soon as the scarlet red car begun fighting for race wins, it really became irrelevant who was driving because the way I saw it, he was now apart of the Ferrari family. Hopefully I will say the same next year, assuming the car isn't rubbish...again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:27 pm 

cm97 wrote:
DrG wrote:

I said the exact same thing in 2010 when Mr Alonso arrived at Ferrari. However as soon as the scarlet red car begun fighting for race wins, it really became irrelevant who was driving because the way I saw it, he was now apart of the Ferrari family. Hopefully I will say the same next year, assuming the car isn't rubbish...again.

im expecting the car to remain rubbish next yr, and maybe slightly less rubbish the year after that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:39 am 

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it made me laugh....

http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/commen ... h_ferrari/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:15 pm 

cmberry20 wrote:

Hahaha, I love it. My husband doesn't follow F1 that closely anymore but every time on a Saturday night here in Oz when he knows that I am about to watch qualifying, he says to me "How about I save you time" & then holds up his hand showing all five fingers for 5th place :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:16 pm 

cmberry20 wrote:

Great find.

Just saw this tweet from Alonso:

@alo_oficial
Last GP, a year I believe I performed one of best levels of my career, with not results, I know.. The complicity with the car was fantastic.
10:15pm - 19 Nov 14

Really is a shame the past 5 years of his career have been wasted on under-par ferrari's :/ makes me wonder how high up he'd be if he was in a red bull or a williams this year.

“I have often gone on record as saying that I think Fernando is the very best driver of his generation, if not ever. He’s that good."
- Rob Smedley

Favourite Driver: Fernando Alonso

Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:08 am 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:
cmberry20 wrote:

Great find.

Just saw this tweet from Alonso:

@alo_oficial
Last GP, a year I believe I performed one of best levels of my career, with not results, I know.. The complicity with the car was fantastic.
10:15pm - 19 Nov 14

Really is a shame the past 5 years of his career have been wasted on under-par ferrari's :/ makes me wonder how high up he'd be if he was in a red bull or a williams this year.

Well he has to take some of the responsibility, imo. The driver is part of the team and the entire process. They all have to accept the praise and blame as a group. Since they were competitive 2 of the years, I would disagree it was all a waste.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:49 am 

I'm a much more Ferrari fan than Alonso fan (in fact, as soon as Alonso leaves I'll stop being concerned about him) but I don't see how he has to take responsibility. Sure, maybe he missed some easy points in 2010 but he sure as hell made them up by outperforming his Ferrari on numerous occasions from 2010 until today. Win as a team, lose as a team - but not everyone is always at fault or has to take responsibility. Post-2010 the strategy team has done a brilliant job, Andrea Stella the same alongside Fernando, Alonso driving the car, the mechanics during the pit stops, etc. These guys should not take the blame for LdM not willing to invest in a new WT earlier, or Nick Tombazis & Pat Fry not delivering a working chassis, or Marmorini's engine.

I really am grateful to Fernando because he has delivered for us (Ferrari fans) much more than the Ferrari design team/senior management. And the 2 competitive years you mention: look beyond the final standings. If you analyze the pace of the cars on a race-by-race basis you'll see what a super human achievement it was fighting for the WDC. Especially the first 4 races and the last 7 races in 2012 (which represent 55% of the season). I don't think a sane Ferrari fan can blame Alonso for these 5 years after the performances he gave us.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:12 pm 

Thank you for some great moments these last five years Nando! :thumbup:

Looking forward to his next stint at Mclaren if he ends up there. I've never been a huge fan of Ferrari so I can't say I'm sad to see him go. My only regret is he never won a title there, but it was not from want of trying. He gave it everything he had, no one can say otherwise.

Bring on 2015!!!

2011 Silverstone 1st
2012 Spa 1st
2012 Interlagos 3rd
2015 China 2nd
2015 Monza 1st

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:36 pm 

Reading his farewell Ferrari statement some people have said that he might be leaving F1. I don't think it's far fetched.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:31 am 

bloody hell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLhBiIlOlqc

“I have often gone on record as saying that I think Fernando is the very best driver of his generation, if not ever. He’s that good."
- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:41 am 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:

Ferrari doesn't understand how much it is going to miss its most valuable asset next year. :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:02 am 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:

Serves him right for not designing a good car :lol: :blush:

Vettel in a car with no rear downforce would be fun to watch (and listen to on the team radio). If you're not a Ferrari fan :? :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:44 pm 

Alonso's staying in F1 next year! He says he will join a project that will challenge Mercedes in upcoming years ie Mclaren. Iknow it's obvious, but I was fearful he might have joined the WEC.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:14 pm 

Well, today brings the end of his stint at Ferrari. It's going to be weird seeing him not in red, but then again, those last few races were painful to watch.

Hopefully Honda come in and give him a race winning car at least. It's been a while since I've gone into a GP weekend and believed Alonso could win on pace alone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:22 pm 

Damn, I was preparing for this moment for so long and now...I don't feel ready at all. I don't want to see him go, he was probably the only positive thing in 2014 for us Ferrari fans. I don't think I have ever been so unexcited for an upcoming F1 season

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:01 pm 

RunningMan wrote:
It's been a while since I've gone into a GP weekend and believed Alonso could win on pace alone.

Since the early races of 2013 and that was because of the tires, not the car being faster.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:21 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:25 pm 

VDV23 wrote:

:D good pic ty for posting.
Miserable race today hopefully the next one will be more competitive
When are we going to have an announcement about next year ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:47 pm 

Isn't he supposed to be carrying them? :lol: :-P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:52 pm 

RunningMan wrote:

:thumbup: :lol:

They decided to swap roles, it was Ferrari's farewell gift :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:50 pm 

RunningMan wrote:

Brilliant.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:33 am 

Now onwards and upwards to Mclaren-Honda for 2015!

A little promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzouwIF-5CU

- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:56 am 

VDV23 wrote:
RunningMan wrote:

:thumbup: :lol:

They decided to swap roles, it was Ferrari's farewell gift :lol:

Hahaha. I must admit this is a sad day for me as my favourite team & my favourite driver part ways but, considering how much crap is & has been aimed at Alonso, I thought him putting the signatures of all his team on his helmet to show respect for the years they have spent together as well as saying goodbye, was fantastic & showed a lot of class :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:27 am 

So, what are your thoughts about his 2nd stint at McLaren? Judging by Ferraris form this year, which haven't even been improving I feel his move is good. I think he/they will face some problems in the early part of the 2015 season due to the new Honda engine but all in all I think the Hond partnership will work out well and will imo definitely allow him to finish higher up the standings than had he stayed at Ferrari to make mashed potatoes out of Saunaboy/Fingerboy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:42 am 

well, it's too early to tell what will happen with Alonso and McLaren next year, but I guess we all expect him to be the number 1 driver? Right? Next to Kevin for sure, but a lot of people fool themselves thinking Jenson will be equal to Alonso, and I cannot see that. I cannot see Button beating Alonso at all, or allowing himself not to have number 1 status at his 2nd stint at McLaren, considering what happaned last time

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:12 pm 

SwedeForceOne wrote:
So, what are your thoughts about his 2nd stint at McLaren? Judging by Ferraris form this year, which haven't even been improving I feel his move is good. I think he/they will face some problems in the early part of the 2015 season due to the new Honda engine but all in all I think the Hond partnership will work out well and will imo definitely allow him to finish higher up the standings than had he stayed at Ferrari to make mashed potatoes out of Saunaboy/Fingerboy.

I am assuming you are answering my post, if you are, as disappointed as I am that he is leaving Ferrari, I certainly can't blame him for doing so. And, as Alan Jones says, any decision you make in F1 is a gamble, you just have to hope that you have taken the right one :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:45 am 

So Spanish TV did a documentary thingy on Alonso's last race for Ferrari. It's all narrated by Alonso himself. I don't understand any of it because it's all in Spanish, but it's still very very interesting :)

This is part 1, which covers Thurs-Fri-Sat of abu dhabi:

F1 Mi ultima carrera con Ferrari Parte 1 29-11-2014 (My last F1 race with Ferrari Part 1 29/11/2014)

http://streamcloud.eu/fa4btkp1czha/alonso.mkv.html

@ 9:50 is the team goodbye (behind closed doors), and then you see some of the team crying as they walk out of the room.

lol @ 7:57. Oh & apparently Marco Mattiacci thanked Alonso for making Ferrari look better than it really was over the past years. If anyone can understand Spanish and can translate any of the important bits, it would be much appreciated

- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:00 am 

Quote:
Mattiacci:

It is a very difficult moment for me, but I think it will be difficult for you too.

for me is very important to recognize this great champion, how much he has done for Ferrari, being above in very difficult times ... and making it in a way that Ferrari doesn't look/be worse.

I ask for an applause for fernando from the depths of your heart.

Mattiachi speach starts at about 9:55 in this youtube version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irdo8JKblFg&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:00 pm 

Just bring him back already. Seb will take Kimi's place in the midfield and Kimi would become the team spokesman.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:07 pm 

http://youtu.be/kmnfQgysabE

part two...still waiting for english subtitles...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:49 pm 

RunningMan wrote:
Quote:
Mattiacci:

It is a very difficult moment for me, but I think it will be difficult for you too.

for me is very important to recognize this great champion, how much he has done for Ferrari, being above in very difficult times ... and making it in a way that Ferrari doesn't look/be worse.

I ask for an applause for fernando from the depths of your heart.

Mattiachi speach starts at about 9:55 in this youtube version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irdo8JKblFg&feature=youtu.be

Later Nando said the team were clapping for five minutes after Mattiaci's words. Not bad for someone who is 'difficult to work with'..

Very good doc. :thumbup:

2011 Silverstone 1st
2012 Spa 1st
2012 Interlagos 3rd
2015 China 2nd
2015 Monza 1st

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:26 am 

I do wander if Alonso will also end up in one of these somehow.

Seeing that this car is now eligible for wec racing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:16 am 

Mattiacci and Alonso – the real story (apparently ;) )

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/ferrari-in-2014/

That’s where things stood as Alonso and Mattiacci had their showdown meeting. Fernando suggested he would be prepared to continue on his current contract that ran until the end of ’16 – but with a few amendments: 1) Exit clauses that gave him certain windows – like Vettel’s Red Bull contract – to leave at the end of each season if he was below third in the championship at the cut-off date. 2) A veto over the choice of the other driver. 3) An option to choose technical staff. Mattiacci – a man used to having control over his employees, not forming partnerships with them or being dictated to by them – did not find any of these demands acceptable.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:32 am 

mas wrote:
Mattiacci and Alonso – the real story (apparently ;) )

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/ferrari-in-2014/

That’s where things stood as Alonso and Mattiacci had their showdown meeting. Fernando suggested he would be prepared to continue on his current contract that ran until the end of ’16 – but with a few amendments: 1) Exit clauses that gave him certain windows – like Vettel’s Red Bull contract – to leave at the end of each season if he was below third in the championship at the cut-off date. 2) A veto over the choice of the other driver. 3) An option to choose technical staff. Mattiacci – a man used to having control over his employees, not forming partnerships with them or being dictated to by them – did not find any of these demands acceptable.

I can imagine Ron also not being too happy with those demands.

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)