All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:49 am 

Here is Webber's onboard pole lap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX1u1Fws3nk
A small mistake in the final sector but appart from that it was a faultless lap

Podiums: 5
2014 Championship Standing: *mumble*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:54 am 

As they say smooth is fast, and that was so smoooooth everywhere and pretty much perfect.

"It was like I was in a tunnel. Not only the tunnel under the hotel but the whole circuit was a tunnel. I was just going and going, more and more and more and more. I was way over the limit but still able to find even more." Ayrton Senna

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:38 am 

Come on Mark. You can do it :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:11 am 

Peter77 wrote:
As they say smooth is fast, and that was so smoooooth everywhere and pretty much perfect.

ain't that why we love him :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:58 am 

'Webber "perplexed" by poor start'

says it all really

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:10 am 

Formula1Fan. wrote:

says it all really

Hamilton perplexed by good start Alonso.
Grosjean perplexed by good start Hülkenberg and Massa.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:17 am 

JacksparrowNinja wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:

says it all really

Sssh... Don't ruin the lame excuse path for others :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:20 am 

JacksparrowNinja wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:

says it all really

Yup.

Webber had great chance to win but ruined it all by his self for his well known poor starts (Which he often did before even joining RedBull) A shame but at least he got 2nd and a result to help RedBull strengthen the WCC position.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:25 pm 

I'll continue to support Mark in F1 until he is no longer there but I'm getting tired of him saying he'll "look into" why his starts are so bad. How long does it take to solve the problem with such a huge engineering team behind him?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:14 pm 

wcx wrote:
I'll continue to support Mark in F1 until he is no longer there but I'm getting tired of him saying he'll "look into" why his starts are so bad. How long does it take to solve the problem with such a huge engineering team behind him?

Webber has had plenty of good starts this season (including those up front at Monaco/GBR alongside Rosberg/Alonso) but never when alongside Vettel.

When he's alongside Vettel there are 4 or 5 posters who call his poor start before the race and sure enough it happens.

JacksparrowNinja wrote:

These aren't quotes, they are just made up by you. What I posted was a quote from Mark Webber himself.

tylerzaath wrote:
JacksparrowNinja wrote:
F1Thomas wrote:
Problem is always the same for Mark, it's consistency, in a whole season he's always dropped. Yes he's been unlucky but in reality he always drops of regardless.

We can't keep laying the blame else where as it's no one else's fault, we just have to admit that as much as we love the guy he lacks that spark and fearsome driving when it's really needed. (Something that the current champions always have when needed)

Be careful or you'll be made out to be a Vettel fan.

Both of you guys love hanging out in webber threads waiting to talk his performances down, who are you trying to kid otherwise? Do you really think anyone with half a brain cant see through this? At the end of the day, it just makes you look like a 10 year old

^^^

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:02 pm 

Formula1Fan. wrote:
JacksparrowNinja wrote:

These aren't quotes, they are just made up by you. What I posted was a quote from Mark Webber himself.

Doesn't matter, they're still facts.
FACT is that 4 front drivers (didn't watch the back) on the 'clean side' were caught out by drivers on the 'dirty side'.
So to go into your usual pathetic Mark-insulting conspiracy theories, when it was a common event, is ridiculous as usual.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:29 pm 

JacksparrowNinja wrote:
Doesn't matter, they're still facts.
FACT is that 4 front drivers (didn't watch the back) on the 'clean side' were caught out by drivers on the 'dirty side'.
So to go into your usual pathetic Mark-insulting conspiracy theories, when it was a common event, is ridiculous as usual.

Webber wasn't caught out by anything and it has naff all to do with common events, he actually had a poor start - hence him having to 'look into' it, the latest explanation being the clutch.

If there's a common event, it's pretty well explained by Christian Horner in 2011:

Quote:
“Mark’s had some good starts, unfortunately the bad starts have been when he’s been right up the front.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:12 pm 

It looked to me that Mark got the better initial launch but had a bit of clutch slip in the second stage.

Really I think too much was said of the dirty inside line. Pole sitter probably should've had the inside line for such a short run down to turn 1.

Regardless, Mark had a poor 2nd stint and that is where the race was decided.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:45 pm 

darksides wrote:
It looked to me that Mark got the better initial launch but had a bit of clutch slip in the second stage.

Some more on his start issues, seems he was on the backfoot from the formation lap:

Quote:
The main reason behind Mark Webber’s poor start was mainly due to clutch issues, which started as early as the formation lap. This saw the Australian driver suffer from lots of wheel-spin once the five red lights went out, allowing Sebastian Vettel to benefit greatly and storm into the lead despite starting from the dirtier side of the grid.

“I think we were chasing the clutch quite a bit after the first launch on the formation lap, and also coming to the back of the grid the boys were asking me to move the clutch ring quite a bit so the initial launch wasn’t good.” Continued Mark Webber, who lost the lead at turn one. “The first bite just kicked to wheel spin and from then on I knew I could have some issues. It was just a very… mediocre let’s say… run to the first corner.

Quote:
Regardless, Mark had a poor 2nd stint and that is where the race was decided.

It was deliberate according to him:

Quote:
“I went relatively slowly at the start of the second stint in an effort to look after the tyres,” says Mark, “but it turned out to be the wrong thing to do. I got too much graining and lost a lot of time. Tyres are like women: they’re difficult to manage. It’s the nature of F1 these days.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:24 am 

Quote:
"Tyres are like women: they’re difficult to manage. It’s the nature of F1 these days.”

Nice quote there. So we can chalk down some of the time difference between Mark and Seb to a tactical decision that didn't work out and naughty clutch on formation lap.

I'm glad he beat Seb to pole in Korea, his pole lap was fun to watch. I hope he can get another win before the end of the season, ideally I'd want him to have as many wins for the year as Seb.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:12 am 

darksides wrote:
Quote:
"Tyres are like women: they’re difficult to manage. It’s the nature of F1 these days.”

Nice quote there. So we can chalk down some of the time difference between Mark and Seb to a tactical decision that didn't work out and naughty clutch on formation lap.

I'm glad he beat Seb to pole in Korea, his pole lap was fun to watch. I hope he can get another win before the end of the season, ideally I'd want him to have as many wins for the year as Seb.

I would love to see him win COTA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:21 am 

Quick question, in all the years they have been racing in F1 have Alonso and Webber ever collided with each other? I really can't think of any occasion where there has ever been any contact between these two at all... There was the incident in Brazil 2003 but that doesn't really count.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:01 pm 

Fellow Webber fans, let us rejoice! We have a championship battle on our hands. :)

Sure, the WDC may be far out of reach for Mark, however to reach a point of consistency in terms of end position in the championship will be most satisfying in my opinion. For the past 2 years, Mark has finished 3rd, and currently sits in 5th with 2 races to go. However he has Hamilton ahead by 1, and Raikkonen, in 3rd, ahead by 15. It's very do-able for Mark, and I can't wait to see the outcome. :) Hopefully a win or two come with it to put him in double figures.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:06 pm 

I doubt Mark wants to come 3rd again. :?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:17 pm 

going_the_distance wrote:

yeah I doubt whether coming 2nd would even be much consolation to him, the guy who wants to win.

if there's something he'll be aiming for it's increasing his tally of race wins, he said earlier in the season that was something he is aiming for

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:52 am 

Mark starts tearing chunks out of Vettels lead....... KERS failure. Like @#£%% clockwork. ARGH

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:44 am 

KERS failure what else is new on the number 2 redbull car

"It was like I was in a tunnel. Not only the tunnel under the hotel but the whole circuit was a tunnel. I was just going and going, more and more and more and more. I was way over the limit but still able to find even more." Ayrton Senna

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:13 pm 

Peter77 wrote:
KERS failure what else is new on the number 2 redbull car

It's gone on too long now and if it's not KERS it's something else. Hopefully next season is his last year at RBR.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:15 pm 

darksides wrote:
Mark starts tearing chunks out of Vettels lead....... KERS failure. Like @#£%% clockwork. ARGH

Yeah, Red Bull really wanted Alonso to get ahead.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:18 pm 

nutyo wrote:

I think he was just lamenting MW's poor luck as opposed to implicating RBR. Regardless, for the sake of debate, I suspect Vettel getting the win was more important to them than who came second. They're going to walk this championship anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:37 pm 

Absolutely spectacular performance from Mark I reckon. He said he was dealing with KERS issues as of lap 19-20. He kept his ground against Alonso for some time if that was the case, and then to hold off Hamilton for around about 5 laps with no KERS at all I thought was fantastic. It showed the real Gritty side of Mark that his twitter handle prescribes. Not only that, but he's now 4th in the championship, trailing Raikkonen by 7. C'mon Mark!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:49 pm 

Quote:
Mark Webber rues 'demoralising' KERS loss

Mark Webber bemoaned the 'demoralising' loss of KERS which compromised his race and left him clinging on to the final step of the podium in India.

Asked about when his KERS issues began, Webber said: "I think it was around lap 19-20, maybe a bit earlier.

"It was on and off, and then completely off. It was a moving target.

"We needed to screw around with brake balance, and just manage as best we could [to not] lose rhythm and tempo.

"We needed to keep the focus, but it is so demoralising on that straight with no KERS - it is not really a battle."

Webber had been able to pull away from Alonso the middle stage of the race, only to once again drop back into the Spaniard's clutches as his KERS gave out.

He then came under pressure from Hamilton, but was able to hang on and seal third by just seven tenths of a second.

"I managed to break DRS and get away from Fernando, [when the] KERS there or thereabouts.

"Then the blue flags did nothing for backmarkers, the guys don't know how much they kill us in the corners.

"When I had no KERS Fernando came past - they have good top gear – and that was it.

"I pushed as strong as possible to get to the end of the race, but I was lucky Lewis made a mistake on lap 57.

"That was important because he was starting to get a bit of momentum. I was keen to keep him out of DRS as much as possible.

"I am pretty happy with how I drove but not enough – we could have got more points today for sure."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103827

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:56 pm 

Quote:
Ben Hunt ‏@benjhunt
Oh dear. Webber walks off from the FIA press conference as talk is dominated by Vettel and Alonso...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:20 pm 

Would absolutely love a video of that. Tried to youtube and google it, but nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:29 pm 

nutyo wrote:
darksides wrote:

Vettel put 10 seconds to Mark before the first pit stops. He was just in race control mode later. In these final races, preserving the engines as mush as possible is a good idea...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:29 pm 

Misinformed wrote:
Would absolutely love a video of that. Tried to youtube and google it, but nothing.

Quote:
Mark Webber walks out of press conference

Red Bull driver Mark Webber abruptly walked out of the drivers’ press conference at the Formula One Indian Grand Prix on Sunday.

The Australian, who finished third, left the room while a question was asked to winner Sebastian Vettel and second-placed Fernando Alonso.

When a scribe asked, “What is the one thing you would like to give each other?” even before Vettel and Alonso could answer, Webber was away in a flash.

Matteo Bonciani, F1 head of communications and media delegate, told IANS that Webber later apologised for his action.

“It was the first time something like this happened in my charge. As an after-thought, Webber wrote me a mail and then came to my room to apologise. He said it is something he should not have done. Maybe he did that as he didn’t like the questions asked in the room. It was nice he realised his mistake and the matter was over,” he said.

Webber was later spotted in the media centre at the Buddh International Circuit.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_ma ... ce_1757217

Btw...

Alonso's answer: my crappy Ferrari in exchange for his RB8
Vettel's answer: Mark Webber's luck

:-P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:01 am 

For once in my life I was happy to see Webber's KERS fail. Atleast Alonso got second.

There is still hope, not much, but still hope.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:02 am 

going_the_distance wrote:

he will 100% get 3rd. No doubt in my mind.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:40 am 

I wonder if there's something in Webber's driving style which damages his KERS unit. Vettel had a similar thing a couple of years ago but seems to have got a handle on it now (or at least he has fewer KERS issues for whatever reason).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:36 am 

Nope, but his driving style sure damages his tires. Would have been more interesting if we were racing in the Bridgestones era, these Pirelli's fit Sebs driving style like a glove. I think Webber would have given more of a fight than what he has done the past few years - such is his luck now that he has finally got a brilliant car under him, he gets a faster team-mate and regs to match!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:57 am 

The way I saw it, Vettel got a lead in the first stint and Webber was preserving his tyres... second stint Webber was catching Vettel because the roles were reversed, until Webber's KERS failed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:10 am 

Psychotext wrote:
I wonder if there's something in Webber's driving style which damages his KERS unit. Vettel had a similar thing a couple of years ago but seems to have got a handle on it now (or at least he has fewer KERS issues for whatever reason).

In 2011 when KERS made a comeback the first race and qualifying KERS was brocken on Webbers car. The same theme happened all year pretty much . Very rarely does vettel have a KERS issue.

This year again a new season and new car first race in Australia Webber's KERS didn't work in qualifying and he outqualified Vettel. The KERS on marks car seems to be damaged 2011 and 2012 with brand new cars at the first race. So you can't blame Mark for damaging it with his driving style as they were brand new.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:19 am 

darksides wrote:
The way I saw it, Vettel got a lead in the first stint and Webber was preserving his tyres... second stint Webber was catching Vettel because the roles were reversed, until Webber's KERS failed.

Webber went into the pits in 30th lap and Vettel in 33st lap. Vettel had 3 more laps on the first set of tires! Vettel's final lap on his first stint was even quicker than Webber's first fast lap on his new tires
:)

Why would Webber was conserve tires in the first stint anyway? To sell them after the race?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:09 pm 

PacificBeach wrote:
Why would Webber was conserve tires in the first stint anyway? To sell them after the race?

Perhaps to stretch the stint a little bit longer than it might generally go for. Although one would generally do that with Primes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:37 pm 

Psychotext wrote:

Does it damage DRS and all the other parts too? Webber has only had a two KERS failures this year however he has had multiple mechanical failures throughout the season.

I read that Newey was switching Webber's KERS on and off throughout the race, can actually they do that from the pitwall?