All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

Post subject: Autosport Plus
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:02 am 

Inappropriate post removed.

Post subject: Re: Autosport Plus
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:10 am 
My friend would also like to know, please PM me and I can pass it on to him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:43 am 

Slightly off-topic but i've considering subscribing to autosport, could anyone who has one tell me a bit about it? is it worth getting the web and physical subscription or does the web pretty much have it all?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:07 am 

Providing information regarding how to go around a paywall would constitute stealing from Autosport and it will not be discussed on this forum.

Any member found to have aided any other member in doing so will be severely punished.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:22 am 

veffy wrote:
Slightly off-topic but i've considering subscribing to autosport, could anyone who has one tell me a bit about it? is it worth getting the web and physical subscription or does the web pretty much have it all?

I've only got the web subscription, so I can't say much for the print version but it has its uses. I don't read the subscription stuff as much as I expected I would when I paid for it, but the occasional article probably makes it worth it. It's only a few dollars a month for a company that is going to need people to pay for a subscription if it's going to survive, so I don't mind when my account is deducted the very small fee. Subscriptions do come with Forix (an online database) which I do use every now and then, though. It really is jam-packed full of information and if you're ever doing research on any race between 1950 and now, or on some obscure driver, it'll have everything on there. Top stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:43 am 

Toby. wrote:
veffy wrote:

I've only got the web subscription, so I can't say much for the print version but it has its uses. I don't read the subscription stuff as much as I expected I would when I paid for it, but the occasional article probably makes it worth it. It's only a few dollars a month for a company that is going to need people to pay for a subscription if it's going to survive, so I don't mind when my account is deducted the very small fee. Subscriptions do come with Forix (an online database) which I do use every now and then, though. It really is jam-packed full of information and if you're ever doing research on any race between 1950 and now, or on some obscure driver, it'll have everything on there. Top stuff.

I second that - I probably read 5-6 premium articles per month. Most are pretty good, I especially like the ones by David Evans on WRC.
Forix is a treasure trove, only drawback is the horrible user interface.

Overall I think it's worth the money, I've been a happy customer since 2008.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:37 am 

I'm an Autosport+ subscriber. Worth every penny.

But I won't help anyone get info illegally

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:44 am 

F1nsider wrote:
I'm an Autosport+ subscriber. Worth every penny.

But I won't help anyone get info illegally

:thumbup:

The more subscribers, the better the content.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:03 pm 

I get about 95% of my F1 news from this forum as is. I don't pay for Autosport but if I valued it enough to want to read it, I would pay for it. Then again, there are more than a few files on my computer that were not paid for so people in glass houses might apply.