Your vote
Poll ended at Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:34 am
Obama 75%  75%  [ 65 ]
Romney 14%  14%  [ 12 ]
Other 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
( Abstain ) 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 87
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:32 pm 

I certainly am not ignorant when it come to Romney and his cronies. I have seen and heard what they have said and someone who doesn't understand why plane windows don't open mid flight is an idiot. Someone who backs up a collegue who believes that rape victims are raped as an "act of god" and that "women's bodies have the ability to shut themselves down during a rape to prevent pregnancy" is an idiot. Not to mention the fact some of his collegues openly believe that rapists should have father's right to the child. It's sick and it's wrong. The man is a moron on George W Bush levels.

Just because I don't like the man and you clearly do Daytona does not make me ignorant. It just means we have different values and morals.

America would have been screwed had Romney been elected, the world didn't want him and America didn't want him. Deal with it and move on.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:53 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
I certainly am not ignorant when it come to Romney and his cronies. I have seen and heard what they have said and someone who doesn't understand why plane windows don't open mid flight is an idiot. Someone who backs up a collegue who believes that rape victims are raped as an "act of god" and that "women's bodies have the ability to shut themselves down during a rape to prevent pregnancy" is an idiot.

If I may jump in here, you keep using the "plane windows" and "rape victims shutting down" stories to back your statement that Romney is a moron. I wouldn't consider him a moron for those reasons, I'd rather say he's uninformed on those subjects. Also you are using those stories completely out of context. You don't become a candidate to the USA Presidency and a multimilionaire if you're a complete moron. (Ok maybe George W. Bush is an exception, but let's face it; daddy and his friends helped him a lot).

Laura23 wrote:
Not to mention the fact some of his collegues openly believe that rapists should have father's right to the child. It's sick and it's wrong.

Some of his collegues, not him, others, you said it right there.

I'm no expert of USA politics to be honest, but I know for sure that you can't assume someone is a moron with stories taken completely out of context. I think many people are judging candidates by looking at their respective political party and/or what they read/hear in the media; Democrat = Good guy, Republican = Dumbass. By doing so, you act exactly like the idiots in the videos we saw earlier in this thread.

Can't believe I'm defending Romney loll!! I just can't stand peeps judging others without true facts.

Supporter of Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Sergio Perez, Jenson Button, Red Bull, Sauber, Williams and Caterham.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:02 pm 

This thread is probably a good example of how different media outlets portray things.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:04 pm 

Romney stood by his collegeues despite their claims and beliefs. I think he's a moron based on what he has said and that won't change. He himself is ignorant on so many levels on so many things. He is an idiot and I do classify him in the same box as W Bush. Neither should have been anywhere near a Presidential campaign.

However my belief that Romney is a moron for the things he said does not make me ignorant. It means I have a differing opinion from Daytona who decided to call me ignorant for daring to not share the same view as them.

At the end of the day America has spoken and they chose Obama. Time to move forward.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:13 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
However my belief that Romney is a moron for the things he said does not make me ignorant. It means I have a differing opinion from Daytona who decided to call me ignorant for daring to not share the same view as them.

At the middle of the thread you didn't say much more than "Romney is a moron." without explaining your point, then you used out of context stories. Those are typical ignorant traits, unfortunately. No offense. I guess that's why he called you ignorant. Now let's all make peace. ;)

Laura23 wrote:
At the end of the day America has spoken and they chose Obama. Time to move forward.

I agree. Have a great day Laura. :)

Supporter of Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Sergio Perez, Jenson Button, Red Bull, Sauber, Williams and Caterham.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:25 pm 

Barock Obama!

Ok ok I'm out... :-| :arrow:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:27 pm 

ThreeEightOne wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

At the middle of the thread you didn't say much more than "Romney is a moron." without explaining your point, then you used out of context stories. Those are typical ignorant traits, unfortunately. No offense. I guess that's why he called you ignorant. Now let's all make peace. ;)

Laura23 wrote:

You too. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:41 pm 

So who got the most actual vote votes this time?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:53 pm 

Johnston wrote:
So who got the most actual vote votes this time?

Obama won both the popular vote and the college vote. So he won it fair and square.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:13 pm 

Good to know.

I seen a thing on facebook about donald trump giving off on twitter. WTF was that all about then?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:43 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Good to know.

I seen a thing on facebook about donald trump giving off on twitter. WTF was that all about then?

When they called the election for Obama, Romney was leading in the popular vote because most of the votes from California and the rest of the West Coast were not counted yet. So Trump who is basically going more and more crazy by the day was screaming about how Romney won the popular vote (when in fact he didn't by the end.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:30 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
I certainly am not ignorant when it come to Romney and his cronies. I have seen and heard what they have said and someone who doesn't understand why plane windows don't open mid flight is an idiot.

You've been told that he was joking and you still think he meant it. Even if you hadn't been told that, how in the world can you not see that it is a joke? And you continue to insist that he meant it.. Oh dear!

Laura23 wrote:
Someone who backs up a collegue who believes that rape victims are raped as an "act of god" and that "women's bodies have the ability to shut themselves down during a rape to prevent pregnancy" is an idiot. Not to mention the fact some of his collegues openly believe that rapists should have father's right to the child. It's sick and it's wrong. The man is a moron on George W Bush levels.

Again, Mitt Romney disagreed with those comments and in fact, he supports abortion in case of rape or incest. There are some idiotic politicians who say such things but Romney isn't one of them. He certainly didn't stand by those comments. Do you really think that someone who truly believed such a thing could be one of only two men in the fight for the presidency of most powerful country in the world?

There are many reasons why Obama is a far better candidate than Romney but you're bringing up total nonsense. That's why Daytona is justified in calling you ignorant.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:15 pm 

ThreeEightOne wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Laura23 wrote:

Which is why I used the term ignorant. Because by the definition those were ignorant remarks. The remarks were extremely out of context. Which were set straight by another user.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:22 pm 

To take a more light hearted look at the US election - Made me chuckle:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/backing-rapists-turns-out-to-be-terrible-idea-2012110748098

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/obama-thanks-romney-for-being-such-a-penis-2012110748131

p.s. I know its a spoof, please don't tell me!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:55 pm 

minchy wrote:

Light hearted in a bit of an odd way.....eh, I will laughed. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:33 pm 

phyz wrote:
There are many reasons why Obama is a far better candidate than Romney but you're bringing up total nonsense. That's why Daytona is justified in calling you ignorant.

No, it would not be justified. You can say a post is ignorant, or inane, or bullshit, or whatever other term you might use to show your displeasure, but to call the forum member ignorant is not only wrong but it is very much against forum rules.

There is a difference.

BTW, Laura is far from "ignorant", in fact, I could much easier support just the opposite.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:20 pm 

Blake wrote:
No, it would not be justified. You can say a post is ignorant, or inane, or bullshit, or whatever other term you might use to show your displeasure, but to call the forum member ignorant is not only wrong but it is very much against forum rules.

Point taken, an ignorant bunch of posts then.

MOD EDIT: Interesting that you broke a rule too Phyz. The rule that says you must not quote a post you find report worthy but instead simple report it. Dragging an argument from a thread that people were already warned about isn't the best idea and we advise not to so it again. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:30 pm 

Ok fine. She is ignorant in the topic, that being Romney.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:28 pm 

Part of the problem is that no one felt they knew what Romney really believed in. And when it comes to abortion, Paul Ryan was a hard-liner. That's important; it means the Romney ticket had one guy who was ambivalently supportive of exceptions for cases of rape, and one guy who was fervently opposed to them. Hard to be confident about a moderated stance once elected.

And you really do get the whole party, once you elect a president. That was part of Obama's problem; Nancy Pelosi (the speaker of the House of Representatives until 2010) was further to the left of Obama, and he wasn't really able to control her. That led to an unpopular Democratic House that was voted out in 2010.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:58 am 

ThreeEightOne wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
I certainly am not ignorant when it come to Romney and his cronies. I have seen and heard what they have said and someone who doesn't understand why plane windows don't open mid flight is an idiot. Someone who backs up a collegue who believes that rape victims are raped as an "act of god" and that "women's bodies have the ability to shut themselves down during a rape to prevent pregnancy" is an idiot.

If I may jump in here, you keep using the "plane windows" and "rape victims shutting down" stories to back your statement that Romney is a moron. I wouldn't consider him a moron for those reasons, I'd rather say he's uninformed on those subjects. Also you are using those stories completely out of context. You don't become a candidate to the USA Presidency and a multimilionaire if you're a complete moron. (Ok maybe George W. Bush is an exception, but let's face it; daddy and his friends helped him a lot).

Laura23 wrote:
Not to mention the fact some of his collegues openly believe that rapists should have father's right to the child. It's sick and it's wrong.

Some of his collegues, not him, others, you said it right there.

I'm no expert of USA politics to be honest, but I know for sure that you can't assume someone is a moron with stories taken completely out of context. I think many people are judging candidates by looking at their respective political party and/or what they read/hear in the media; Democrat = Good guy, Republican = Dumbass. By doing so, you act exactly like the idiots in the videos we saw earlier in this thread.

Can't believe I'm defending Romney loll!! I just can't stand peeps judging others without true facts.

And furthermore Laura, I've already provided ripostes to those 'facts' that you cited that show them to either be wrong, misattributed or out of context. Why not read them? I would defend Hugo Chavez if it meant explaining the truth as opposed to a fabrication of facts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:26 pm 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
Staggering.

http://futiledemocracy.wordpress.com/20 ... or-bigots/

of Alice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:59 pm 

Balibari wrote:

Romney sympathisers saying the vote was rigged for Obama is bloody rich when it was proven than electronic voting stations in some states were rigged to vote for Romney when you selected Obama.

Still America is still living in 2012 today thankfully, not 1952. Onwards.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:50 pm 

Wow...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Balibari wrote:

Romney sympathisers saying the vote was rigged for Obama is bloody rich when it was proven than electronic voting stations in some states were rigged to vote for Romney when you selected Obama.

they didn't realise that the south park episode isn't based on real life . (last weeks south park episode involved rigging the vote for obama, in the usual south park way)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:42 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Balibari wrote:

I told myself I wouldn't visit this thread again. This is why...sigh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:49 am 

The best part about this election was watching the dummy spits at FOX News. The mood was heading towards depression when they realised Obama was going to win.

Then Karl Rove had a massive dummy spit when FOX called Ohio in Obama's favour. He ranted and raved until FOX literally retracted their call. Then you had the hosts make borderline bigoted assumptions that "traditional America" (translation - "white America") was dead and that Latino's and blacks were the majority now.

They were also encouraging the Republican led congress to block any initiatives that Obama puts forward. That's the true Republican way..............F*** the interests of the country to spite a Democrat President.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:41 pm 

woohoo Obama won!