planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:08 pm 

Does anyone know where Top Gear are going for their Christmas special this year? The only thing I can find on the internet is that the show won't be back until early 2013.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:57 pm 

2486970 wrote:
Does anyone know where Top Gear are going for their Christmas special this year? The only thing I can find on the internet is that the show won't be back until early 2013.

i don't know if there is a Christmas special this year. there was a James Bond special the other day, but it was just Hamster mucking about.

VI LXXVII XIV X
gif from reddit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:24 pm 

It's not back till Feb. Clarkson said as much on Twitter. Unless they are keeping a Xmas ep hidden.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:44 am 

they'll be releasing a DVD/Blu-Ray soon though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nenQI4HrUhk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:27 pm 

Not sure about a Christmas special but they are doing stars In A Reasonably Priced Car for children in need.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:49 pm 

Couldn't find another topic, but tonight there is a recent "best of top gear" episode... Come on this series only had 4 episodes and one of them was padded out over 2 weeks!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:37 pm 

This series was seven episodes, I believe Top Gear is usually six episodes.

VI LXXVII XIV X
gif from reddit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:14 am 

AngusWolfe wrote:

Yes, the Africa road trip was originally only meant to be one episode, but when they produced it they had enough material for 2 episodes. So we got a free extra episode.

The series is beginning to be a little tired, with the exception of the African two parter. It's the best road trip episode they've done for a while, especially after the awful one they did in India. The views in Southern Uganda/Rwanda were breathtaking.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:47 am 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:

Yes, the Africa road trip was originally only meant to be one episode, but when they produced it they had enough material for 2 episodes. So we got a free extra episode.

The series is beginning to be a little tired, with the exception of the African two parter. It's the best road trip episode they've done for a while, especially after the awful one they did in India. The views in Southern Uganda/Rwanda were breathtaking.

I have cousins in Tanzania and having been there, i can confirm the roads are that bad!!! Pot holes galore, some at least a foot deep, get a wheel caught in that, bye bye car!

The india one was disappointing, they really dicked about in it, which was a shame as their road trips are usually fantastic!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:58 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:

I have cousins in Tanzania and having been there, i can confirm the roads are that bad!!! Pot holes galore, some at least a foot deep, get a wheel caught in that, bye bye car!

The india one was disappointing, they really dicked about in it, which was a shame as their road trips are usually fantastic!

The one thing I didn't get on this special was that at no point did anyone say if they were wrong about the source being the furthest point from the gap of Gibraltar rather than where the Nile meets the Med.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:31 pm 

minchy wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:

The one thing I didn't get on this special was that at no point did anyone say if they were wrong about the source being the furthest point from the gap of Gibraltar rather than where the Nile meets the Med.

It's a legitimate theory. However, it is scientifically insignificant. It's a bit like answering the question "How many continents are there?" there's not actually a scientific answer to the question and more than one possible right answer.

One thing is for certain however, someone came up with the theory a long time before they decided to film the episode and the episode was constructed around them ending up where they did.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:27 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
minchy wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:

It's a legitimate theory. However, it is scientifically insignificant. It's a bit like answering the question "How many continents are there?" there's not actually a scientific answer to the question and more than one possible right answer.

One thing is for certain however, someone came up with the theory a long time before they decided to film the episode and the episode was constructed around them ending up where they did.

Thanks for the info, but regardless, it was a good couple of episodes and had me laughing a lot. And like you said the back drop was stunning.

p.s. 7 if you believe primary school geography from 20 years ago :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:03 pm 

minchy wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
minchy wrote:
vikz22 wrote:

Thanks for the info, but regardless, it was a good couple of episodes and had me laughing a lot. And like you said the back drop was stunning.

p.s. 7 if you believe primary school geography from 20 years ago :D

Any number from 3 to 20 is a Correct answer, although 6 is probably the most logical (Europe and Asia counted as one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBcq1x ... ata_player

But back on topic, l also think their theory about Victorian explorers being on a jolly was probably accurate too

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:10 am 

:lol:

and i agree about the Victorian explorers as well.

Keeping to the episodes, now we have the question of which car was best (not taking into account the inept owners!)

For me, Hammond's Subaru ticks all the boxes for a good car and good cause conversion, although I think a spare wheel mounting on the roof may be useful than a armchair.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:19 am 

minchy wrote:
:lol:

and i agree about the Victorian explorers as well.

Keeping to the episodes, now we have the question of which car was best (not taking into account the inept owners!)

For me, Hammond's Subaru ticks all the boxes for a good car and good cause conversion, although I think a spare wheel mounting on the roof may be useful than a armchair.

The BMW was the only car not to suffer a major breakdown and being rearwheel drive arguably the least suited to the rough terrain. The Subaru was the best suited and got stuck the least however it was an offroad car so arguably it performed as expected. The Volvo was the worst but it was clearly brought along for comic relief.