planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:19 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 2962
SDLRob wrote:
just spent the last near week in the company of a group of insane individuals...of which i was the most insane...


...After all i was the one that decided taking a wheelchair down Eau Rouge no handed was a good idea LOL


That sounds bad donkey! You should have gotten someone to video and posted it on youtube (I'm hoping to god to get a reply saying you did and provide a linky!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 1127
mac_d wrote:
SDLRob wrote:
just spent the last near week in the company of a group of insane individuals...of which i was the most insane...


...After all i was the one that decided taking a wheelchair down Eau Rouge no handed was a good idea LOL


That sounds bad donkey! You should have gotten someone to video and posted it on youtube (I'm hoping to god to get a reply saying you did and provide a linky!)


Sorry... but it was a rather spur of the moment to go down in my chair and not walk it down... so unless someone else up there got a photo and it's out there on the internet somewhere, there's not an image of it

_________________
the loon previously known as dr lee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:40 pm
Posts: 1638
Location: Planet Earth
Just back in from a 5 hour rally protesting the elections here tomorrow.
It felt goooood, chanting 'Our solution: Revolution!' :D

_________________
"Too often we take for granted what our collective dream tells us is possible or impossible, acceptable or unacceptable."
The Four Insights by Alberto Villoldo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 pm
Posts: 620
I have a half sister that is due to give birth tomorrow and a full sister that got engaged today. All in all a rather happy time for the family!

_________________
http://rachie-d18.deviantart.com/ - Where I do drawings and such.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Posts: 2390
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Rachie_D wrote:
I have a half sister that is due to give birth tomorrow and a full sister that got engaged today. All in all a rather happy time for the family!

:thumbup: :)

_________________
"I am out of the drink again. It's so small. Mark has to make sure it's completely full, because it is too small."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 1127
*Pops open a bottle of bubbly and pours out some glasses*

_________________
the loon previously known as dr lee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1719
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
Congratulations! I know I'm a bit late, but still :D

Oh, and the positive part of my fortnight... apart from the real motive behind the quiz which totally hasn't happened, and probably won't: http://tufty1992.wordpress.com/2012/09/27/internet/

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:07 pm
Posts: 38
Location: Bristol
My job doesn't suck as much as it used to - that's pretty positive :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:50 pm
Posts: 17
starrebel wrote:
My job doesn't suck as much as it used to - that's pretty positive :-)


It is an improvement ;) I hope it continues not to suck...and that it even gets to be 'ok' someday soon. :D
Good luck starrebel.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
one day from handing in my thesis, a culmination of 4 years of work (and 4 years without the use of grammar and spelling!) to be handed in tomorrow afternoon!


still have a few distributions to make, a few corrections to do (if my supervisor had given them to me :( ) and one more night without a good amount of sleep! (i'm on 4 hours a night for the past month, exhausted!)


But the end is in sight, its all coming together now! and i'm almost there!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1719
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
Congratulations vikz :D

In other news, I asked a girl out tonight. While the answer was no, I've managed to not destroy a friendship. Not a bad outcome then :)

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 1127
That explains the mysterious tweet....

_________________
the loon previously known as dr lee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1719
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
Lol

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:50 pm
Posts: 17
Tufty wrote:
Congratulations vikz :D

In other news, I asked a girl out tonight. While the answer was no, I've managed to not destroy a friendship. Not a bad outcome then :)

Well done, Tufty :thumbup: You retained your friendship & your dignity - not bad at all :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1719
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
kitty wrote:
Tufty wrote:
Congratulations vikz :D

In other news, I asked a girl out tonight. While the answer was no, I've managed to not destroy a friendship. Not a bad outcome then :)

Well done, Tufty :thumbup: You retained your friendship & your dignity - not bad at all :nod:

Lesson one in being a member of PF1 - Tufty has no dignity ;)

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:50 pm
Posts: 17
Tufty wrote:
Lesson one in being a member of PF1 - Tufty has no dignity ;)


:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
DONE!!
Thesis submitted!

4 years worth of work, submitted 15 minutes before the deadline on sunday

been catching up on sleep and celebrating!!

time for job hunting now!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:12 am
Posts: 577
Good stuff Vikz

Treat yourself to a couple of days off.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1719
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
Congratulations Vikz!! Enjoy :D

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 2962
vikz22 wrote:
DONE!!
Thesis submitted!

4 years worth of work, submitted 15 minutes before the deadline on sunday

been catching up on sleep and celebrating!!

time for job hunting now!


Congrats


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1719
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
Student Finance England have "lost" my first application for money this year, so I'm currently waiting on my second declaration from them so I can sign it and finally get my money into my account - which will at least cover rent this year, if not food.

That said, the positive thing here is that it gives me the perfect excuse to spend every spare moment I have getting my novel ready for publishing. I know I'm guaranteed about 2 readers at the moment, so it's a start...!

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 pm
Posts: 620
Baby finally came (15 days late!) so you may all now refer to me as 'Auntie Maid of Honour' :D

_________________
http://rachie-d18.deviantart.com/ - Where I do drawings and such.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1719
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
Congrats!!!

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 1127
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

_________________
the loon previously known as dr lee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:50 pm
Posts: 17
Rachie_D wrote:
Baby finally came (15 days late!) so you may all now refer to me as 'Auntie Maid of Honour' :D


Congratulations Auntie Maid of Honour! :] :]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:40 pm
Posts: 1638
Location: Planet Earth
Forget about enlightenment.
Sit down wherever you are and listen to the wind that is singing in your veins.
Feel the love, the longing, and the fear in your bones.
Open your heart to who you are,
right now,
not who you would like to be.
Not the saint you’re striving to become.
But the being right here before you,
inside you, around you.
All of you is holy.
You’re already more and less than whatever you can know.
Breathe out, look in, let go.

~John Welwood

_________________
"Too often we take for granted what our collective dream tells us is possible or impossible, acceptable or unacceptable."
The Four Insights by Alberto Villoldo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1719
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
I'm seeing Jekyll & Hyde next month :D

Also, we've taken measures to stop slugs getting into the house :D

And my week is done :D

And I'm seeing Catherine tonight* :D

*Not sure yet this will be a good thing...

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1719
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
Seeing Catherine turned out to be the best thing that's happened to me in at least 3 years. And as this is a family forum, I'm going no further than saying that as we kissed more, it rained harder. Just like in the movies!!

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 418
Location: Kent
I dropped some toast the other day and it landed butter side up.

Good times

_________________
Lewis is to Twitter what Grosjean is to first corners.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1719
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
Last night was awesome. However, she's banned me from telling anyone anything about it :lol:

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:49 am
Posts: 2069
Location: Australia
I've been thinking about something the last couple of days that it occurred would probably be right up Chrismo's ally. I remember him well from the forum and we used to email.

I live in Australia and I have a very close friend in the UK who is going through an extremely rough time. On Saturday night I checked my Facebook to discover a direct message from her that she'd taken 26 co-codamol (for those in other countries that's the 26 x 30mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol). The message had been sent 11 hours prior. Paracetamol overdose is a horrible thing: it doesn't have an immediate impact but rather takes several days to cause liver failure and potentially death so you can feel OK but then by the time symptoms start it's too late. I immediately called her and cajoled her into calling an ambulance and going to hospital. They said when she arrived that if she'd left it much longer she would have had permanent liver damage and quite possibly died. She's physically fine now.

The reason she sent the message on Facebook rather than SMS me was because she was really ashamed of what she'd done. So that's a +1 to Facebook. And it also got me thinking. One of the plethora of reasons why she ended up in such a dark place is because she really felt she wasn't good for anyone. I was shocked and horrified to hear that because she's one of my closest friends and has been an absolute angel for me when I've gone through rough times and I don't know what I'd do without her. Facebook is so self-centric: we post about what we're doing, what we're interested in, what we want to share about our lives with our friends. But it can also be a way of making others know they're valued and important and mean something to us. So I'd really appreciate it if everyone could post on a friend's wall something expressing something like that.

_________________
Twitter @Jo_Soucek


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 65
kai_ wrote:
I've been thinking about something the last couple of days that it occurred would probably be right up Chrismo's ally. I remember him well from the forum and we used to email.

I live in Australia and I have a very close friend in the UK who is going through an extremely rough time. On Saturday night I checked my Facebook to discover a direct message from her that she'd taken 26 co-codamol (for those in other countries that's the 26 x 30mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol). The message had been sent 11 hours prior. Paracetamol overdose is a horrible thing: it doesn't have an immediate impact but rather takes several days to cause liver failure and potentially death so you can feel OK but then by the time symptoms start it's too late. I immediately called her and cajoled her into calling an ambulance and going to hospital. They said when she arrived that if she'd left it much longer she would have had permanent liver damage and quite possibly died. She's physically fine now.

The reason she sent the message on Facebook rather than SMS me was because she was really ashamed of what she'd done. So that's a +1 to Facebook. And it also got me thinking. One of the plethora of reasons why she ended up in such a dark place is because she really felt she wasn't good for anyone. I was shocked and horrified to hear that because she's one of my closest friends and has been an absolute angel for me when I've gone through rough times and I don't know what I'd do without her. Facebook is so self-centric: we post about what we're doing, what we're interested in, what we want to share about our lives with our friends. But it can also be a way of making others know they're valued and important and mean something to us. So I'd really appreciate it if everyone could post on a friend's wall something expressing something like that.


I´m liking this (the concept of the facebook posting not the prior circumstances) and have done so (except I did it by message) to someone who I know is having a hard time and as a result a crisis of confidence. It´s taking Crismos often repeated statement of "the power of positive thinking" and applying it to others.

As to me well the sun is shining here and I´m healthy...I am busy working from home (preparing lessons and exams) though, but resolve to spend the remaining portion of lunchbreak outside in the sunshine before winter hits. The trees are turning to autumn colours and look amazing :)

edit for typos


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:48 pm
Posts: 273
The positive side...I have quite a bit of time off work ( anterior cruciate ligament tear ) , downside, I am bored already after one day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 pm
Posts: 620
Managed to win 3 free drinks, dominoes and £30 last night. All while watching the F1 at the pub. Maybe spending time with people is ok sometimes.

_________________
http://rachie-d18.deviantart.com/ - Where I do drawings and such.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1719
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
Well done!

You did rather better than I did last night, considering all I managed to do was get a girl who happens to be engaged into my bed last night. The clincher being that I wasn't also in said bed :lol:

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 pm
Posts: 620
It's probably a good thing that you weren't in the bed! :D

_________________
http://rachie-d18.deviantart.com/ - Where I do drawings and such.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1719
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
To be honest we're probably too close for anything to happen, although she did make the worrying comment tonight that "everybody seems to fall in love with me in the end".

Oops.

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:07 pm
Posts: 38
Location: Bristol
I left work an hour and a half later than I should have, but on the plus side, it meant I wasn't the first one home so the heating was on and the cats had been fed - that's pretty positive :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:00 am
Posts: 3
Location: Canada
I'm finally signed up on here. Positive enough for me! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Positive Thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1719
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
Just been to see my supervisor: my essay title has been met with approval!

Now to start writing about T S Eliot's commentary on social class within The Wasteland, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats and possibly 4 Quartets.

How hard can it be?!

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group