planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:15 pm 

I was at St Mary's and we battered Newcastle, 17th place for Saints this evening. Brave new territory. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:44 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
Barca beat Levante 4-0, Ath Madrid beat Sevilla by the same scoreline, and Real lost to Betis

the gap between Barca and Atl Madrid is 3 points, but the gap between Barca and Real is now 11!!!!

Madrid are in crisis...never mind, we'll just take their 'useless' manager back... ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:31 am 

Adaemus wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
Barca beat Levante 4-0, Ath Madrid beat Sevilla by the same scoreline, and Real lost to Betis

the gap between Barca and Atl Madrid is 3 points, but the gap between Barca and Real is now 11!!!!

Madrid are in crisis...never mind, we'll just take their 'useless' manager back... ;)

please, take him back to the premier league, we're done with his antics! (although to be fair, he's been pretty tolerable this season)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:49 am 

vikz22 wrote:
Adaemus wrote:
vikz22 wrote:

please, take him back to the premier league, we're done with his antics! (although to be fair, he's been pretty tolerable this season)

I have been wanting him back since the day he left us. With every manager sacked I have been hoping for a miracle and to see him back.. I'm like a child that wants his divorced parents to get back together.
However, I don't think he will ever come back. He will come back to England and that is what I am afraid of.. I don't know if I can take seeing him in another top team in the PL..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:28 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
Adaemus wrote:
vikz22 wrote:

I have been wanting him back since the day he left us. With every manager sacked I have been hoping for a miracle and to see him back.. I'm like a child that wants his divorced parents to get back together.
However, I don't think he will ever come back. He will come back to England and that is what I am afraid of.. I don't know if I can take seeing him in another top team in the PL..

i think he's after united job, as are many managers on the market
Pep i think is interested too in united, the current goings on at Chelsea, i can't see him there unless there is some stability clause

0-0 against a city team that are still unbeaten, is a decent result, the clean sheet is also good! (got me loads of points in Fantasy football!!! :) )

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:00 pm 

So if Cataluyna does get its independence Barcelona could continue to play in La Liga or move to Ligue 1? :? Strictly from a football point of view of course.

Don't really know enough about the political side of things as to why they changed from being relatively content with autonomy to wanting independence. Suspect Spain's economy going down the tube has something to do with it, but what do I know?

In other news Barca had 11 players from La Masia on the pitch during the match with Levante, after Alves was substituted for an injury. That's fairly impressive I would say!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:17 pm 

Zero wrote:
So if Cataluyna does get its independence Barcelona could continue to play in La Liga or move to Ligue 1? :? Strictly from a football point of view of course.

Don't really know enough about the political side of things as to why they changed from being relatively content with autonomy to wanting independence. Suspect Spain's economy going down the tube has something to do with it, but what do I know?

In other news Barca had 11 players from La Masia on the pitch during the match with Levante, after Alves was substituted for an injury. That's fairly impressive I would say!

things look good,

this weekend is the big one though, atletico V Real, us against Bilbao

a real win coupled with a win for us would work well, as its only 3 points gap to atletico,

although an athletic win and a win for us would be something fairly bad for Real!

we need to win though, thats the most important thing!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:24 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
Zero wrote:

things look good,

a real win coupled with a win for us would work well, as its only 3 points gap to atletico,

although an athletic win and a win for us would be something fairly bad for Real!

I'm happy that Athletico is doing so well. Helps show that the league is bigger than just Real and Barca. Also I'll take a 3 point lead to Athletico over having the cheer for Madrid :-P x(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:26 pm 

Zero wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
Zero wrote:

things look good,

I'm happy that Athletico is doing so well. Helps show that the league is bigger than just Real and Barca. Also I'll take a 3 point lead to Athletico over having the cheer for Madrid :-P x(

Indeed! i had to support man city in the Champion league game!, 1-1 was the end score

Its nice to have Pique and Puyol back!, shame about Alves though :( but we have adriano and Montoya is playing more now which is good

Iniesta is just ridiculously good player, unreal that lad!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:35 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
Zero wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
Zero wrote:

things look good,

Indeed! i had to support man city in the Champion league game!, 1-1 was the end score

Its nice to have Pique and Puyol back!, shame about Alves though :( but we have adriano and Montoya is playing more now which is good

Iniesta is just ridiculously good player, unreal that lad!

Pique was quite a mess from what I saw against Levante. We need him to get back to playing like he was about 2 years ago. But yes we finally have 2 CB's playing CB and we keep a clean sheet! Although that had a lot to do with Valdes being absolutely brilliant.

Montoya does look pretty good and now Adriano is back from injury and can play at RB if needed so Alves' injury doesn't hurt as much as it would have a couple of years ago. We still need to play Marc Batra more though. I think he looks good and it wouldn't hurt to get him more playing time so we aren't forced to play Song at CB once again due to injury.

Iniesta is an absolutely mental player. Also with Cesc coming back into form now that he's allowed to wander around the pitch more freely, things are looking pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:51 pm 

I hope with Pique its just playing time thats required (he's been injured some time, as has Puyol)

Also i heard Abidal is 5 weeks away now! so should feature for us second half of the season! that would be some story!

just need to carry on in the league as we have been doing, keeping it consistent, and see where that takes us

i was just checking the stats of this season on skysports:

Messi top goal scorer with 19 in the league, 2nd and 3rd are Ronaldo (12) and Falcao (11)

Assists: Cesc (8), Iniesta (5), Pedro (5), Messi (5), Benat (betis , 4)

I mean its here where we are excelling, everyones chipping in with assists and Messi is getting the goals (even messi has 5 assists!!)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:12 pm 

Zero wrote:

The independence currently is very unlikely for many reasons. Mainly because there is no provision for secession in Spanish constitution, so there would either by some self declaration or it wouldn't happen. The first scenario would cause a lot of problems, because they wouldn't be widely recognized by other countries and UN, even if there was vote. The latter is unlikely, because Madrid must change constitution first. The latest election showed that party that want independence lost few seats. I don't think you should be concerned about it from football perspective.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:26 pm 

Two games under Benitez...two of the most dire, turgid 0-0 draws I've ever been bored to death by.

Even if we lost under Robbie at least we were trying, playing exciting football, scoring goals. 0-0 against City I could just about stomach, but 0-0 against Fulham, no way. RdM would have won that game, end of story.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:47 pm 

Didn't see our game yet... But I'm told that RVP scored within 33 seconds (or 31 or 15) depending on where I look.... Good to see us striking first for once and keeping a clean sheet...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:56 pm 

What an awful game.
I bet Rafa was happy.. Why the **** did Mata not play from the start? And Mikel?
Commentators said something that made me laugh.... Always something..
-"I havent spotted the Rafa effect yet."
-"Maybe you have"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:37 pm 

Why oh why did we sack RdM?!

At this rate we're going to be relegated...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:18 pm 

Rather shocked at that result... Would have thought Chelsea would have beaten West Ham... Not sure what they can do to fix the situation...

Czech was lucky not to be sent off for handling outside the box... It was very tight in terms of where the line was...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:15 pm 

Adaemus wrote:

It could be worse, you could be a Gooner!

Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:25 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
Adaemus wrote:

It could be worse, you could be a Gooner!

Haha...the season isn't over yet! Chelsea seem to be running around like headless chickens since Robbie was sacked, with the fast-flowing beautiful football a distant memory....

I'm starting to genuinely fear for our place in Europe...and I'm not even talking about this season.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:30 pm 

lol at the united game, 3-4 to united! in one half

rubbish defending all round

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:41 pm 

What on freaking earth is going on in Reading????? Should be 5-3 to us... That goal was clearly over the line...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:19 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
What on freaking earth is going on in Reading????? Should be 5-3 to us... That goal was clearly over the line...

You still won, didn't you?

Manchester City seem to get the odd dubious decision here and there. Take the game versus Everton, there's shirt pulling in every corner in a game of football. So why did City get the penalty? No wonder they haven't been beaten at home, it's because the ref is on their side. :-P

It's almost as if City are the new United...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:09 pm 

Diego Costa is a dirty prick! atletico player is shocking man, dirty dirty player!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:44 pm 

any respect i had for Atletico madrid in the past is gone now.

they are worse then Real in terms of dirtyness, they make Pepe look like a model player!

they are 2-0 down against Real and have played terribly and pathetically, deserve to lose if the result remains the same!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:45 pm 

Good night Chelsea.. A 6-1 win and I feel like going to bed and sleep for a year.. :-((

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:06 pm 

I'm glad Juve made it, but I'm worried about Messi :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 pm 

Our cup holders go out in qual stage. 1st time this has ever happened.

Our league champs record worst ever points tally in qual stages and go out.

Super strong Premiership at its best!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:25 pm 

Great Manchester derby,

thrills, spills and goals!

Close game, 3-2 to united in the end (some ugly scenes too)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:51 pm 

That was insane... From the out of the blue (no pun intended) goal from Rooney that took EVERYONE by surprise... To the great sight of RVP getting the winner... The game was insane.

Young was onside for his disallowed goal, something that would have changed the game MASSIVELY. Tevez should have been red carded right at the death for that kick out in front of not only SAF, but the 4th official...

Don't get me started on the utterly disgraceful scenes at the end... If the FA don't hammer City for that, then it will show just how weak and useless they are... Rio is very luck not to have been blinded in his eye from that coin... Not to mention the fan incursion that was stopped by Hart (one of the few things he was able to stop today :lol: )

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:28 pm 

Read Piers Morgan's Twitter timeline. What a fool he is. Loving making fun of MUFC after city equalised and asking if RVP was even on this pitch. Then suddenly a different posting style appears......

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:49 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
Read Piers Morgan's Twitter timeline. What a fool he is. Loving making fun of MUFC after city equalised and asking if RVP was even on this pitch. Then suddenly a different posting style appears......

It's typical of that twit to do silly stuff like that... I do enjoy watching him getting completely mullered by people like Rio and Lord Sugar...

I'm seeing ITV tweeting about a fan (they've not said from which side) being arrested for a racist incident in the ground. Don't care which team he supports, he xshould be banned for life for that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:42 pm 

Barca winning 2-1 against betis

Messi has the record for most goals in a calender year!

but my god how woeful is barca's defending, its way past a joke!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:01 pm 

Messi is the best :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:04 pm 

dizlexik wrote:

He may be but not tonight. Falcao scored 5 goals today. :nod:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:08 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

:-P :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:53 pm 

what a great game!

2-1 to Barca in the end, but Betis were unlucky to get something from the game, they played superbly,

end to end, fantastic game!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:54 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

8O

How much is he again...? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:49 pm 

Police have released a description of the man who threw the coin at Rio Ferdinand. He is described as a 6ft'1 white man with dark hair, in his early 30s. He was wearing a full Chelsea football kit with the number 26 on the back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:13 pm 

I must confess, over the past 2 weeks I've caught bits and pieces of some IPL games. After mocking people so much, I'm starting to become a bit of a fan. So much talent in there.. I even found myself fist pumping at some goals hahah. I think I'm a West Ham kinda guy. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:17 pm 

Finally, we have proof that the Scots are NOT a nation of alcoholic nutters

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p012ctfh