planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:10 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:17 pm 

I don’t watch it myself but some of my family do and I am pretty disgusted with the number of creatures being killed in the name of a bit of light entertainment – no one seems to bat an eyelid, is it just me?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:27 pm 

Well, animals are killed for our entertainment so that the vast numbers of tv chefs can keep us entertained.

It's more a question of how they are killed really.

Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:58 am 

Asphalt_World wrote:
Well, animals are killed for our entertainment so that the vast numbers of tv chefs can keep us entertained.

It's more a question of how they are killed really.

I don't disagree but in this case it's not even like it's for food - it's just simply to gross people out for entertainment value alone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:44 pm 

Do they kill animals in the show? Is anything alive and then killed in screen?
I thought everything was dead.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:20 pm 

Do you eat meat?

If yes I don't see your argument as many of the animals are probably killed similar to pigs, cows, chicken etc or are insects of which children kill mindlessly each day or are killed by insecasides

If you don't eat meat - well other people do so it happens anyway

I watch it & personally see no problems with it at all

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:34 pm 

Any one who watches that deserves to to be made to watch small creatures killed and mangled in front of their eyes. They should alsp be made to eat worms along with the contestants, who at least have the excuse they are paid for it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:46 pm 

^ Blimey!

Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:08 pm 

I watch it too, don't see it as being an issue and love the show! As for moby's suggestion, I do in fact occationally eat meal worms and crickets, I've been known to eat fish eyes, but most things they have on the show are either rare or impossible to come by in Britain. And by the same logic, maybe anyone who watches the X factor auditions (I haven't actually seen a single episode since 2003!) should be made to stand on a stage in front of 100's of people and be made to sing, even if they're tone deaf!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:30 pm 

moby wrote:
Any one who watches that deserves to to be made to watch small creatures killed and mangled in front of their eyes. They should alsp be made to eat worms along with the contestants, who at least have the excuse they are paid for it.

I watch F1 therefore I deserve to get a drive next season

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:32 pm 

Rocket_Red wrote:
moby wrote:

Thats what RoGro has used for his reason to be in F1 next season

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:53 pm 

bbobeckyj wrote:
Do they kill animals in the show? Is anything alive and then killed in screen?
I thought everything was dead.

Yes I heard a challenge the other night was to eat live beetles, and I've seen the odd snippet with contestants crawling over all manor of beasts etc.

Not referring to your post but I kind of guessed this might throw up the old argument that if you eat meat then you can't complain about this kind of thing, oh well :?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:51 am 

Biffa wrote:
I don’t watch it myself but some of my family do and I am pretty disgusted with the number of creatures being killed in the name of a bit of light entertainment – no one seems to bat an eyelid, is it just me?

Brilliant, local council says I can't walk my dog on the beach even if I pick up her fairy cakes, what next? Police pull me over for running into flys on the bike let alone the car ..... chocolate fudge cake me I'll be a mass murderer!

Birds, rabbits, hares, foxes, badger's and even a sheep, the car puts me into a hole new category, OUCH. All alive when I hit em, GODDAM I'm going to hell!! :lol: [At best life for animal slaughter]

Complicit in murder of cows, sheep, chicken, turkey etc and guess what snake, turtle and dog. due to extended time in the far east!

Great post :thumbup: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:26 am 

Biffa wrote:

I don't agree with you at all. Get me out of the jungle is not entertainment.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:16 am 

Depends on you definition of animal suffering. If eating a live bug is covered in that then yes. Otherwise I imagine that animals such as the kangaroo for the deep fried kangaroo knob eating challenge were killed in the same humane way that you would kill a rabbit for making rabbit stew. (I have a good recipe for that)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:44 pm 

Jezick wrote:
Biffa wrote:

Brilliant, local council says I can't walk my dog on the beach even if I pick up her fairy cakes, what next? Police pull me over for running into flys on the bike let alone the car ..... chocolate fudge cake me I'll be a mass murderer!

Birds, rabbits, hares, foxes, badger's and even a sheep, the car puts me into a hole new category, OUCH. All alive when I hit em, GODDAM I'm going to hell!! :lol: [At best life for animal slaughter]

Complicit in murder of cows, sheep, chicken, turkey etc and guess what snake, turtle and dog. due to extended time in the far east!

:lol: That made me laugh, but I admit I understood very little what you said :-P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:53 pm 

Rocket_Red wrote:
moby wrote:

Its OK Bruno, we know who you are :]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:26 am 

Biffa wrote:
Jezick wrote:
Biffa wrote:

:lol: That made me laugh, but I admit I understood very little what you said :-P

Beer + Posting = confusion at best. Simple maths, did you go to school :?: ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:18 pm 

Jezick wrote:
Biffa wrote:
Jezick wrote:
Biffa wrote:

Beer + Posting = confusion at best. Simple maths, did you go to school :?: ;)

:lol: Yes but alas I only understand English :-P :-P