planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:10 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:08 pm
Posts: 948
I don’t watch it myself but some of my family do and I am pretty disgusted with the number of creatures being killed in the name of a bit of light entertainment – no one seems to bat an eyelid, is it just me?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm
Posts: 1483
Well, animals are killed for our entertainment so that the vast numbers of tv chefs can keep us entertained.

It's more a question of how they are killed really.

_________________
Going to Spa? Check out my site. http://visit-spa-francorchamps.page.tl/
My own Google Earth Motor Sport file. http://www.mediafire.com/?jzm1ieatytv
Follow me @asphalt_world
Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:08 pm
Posts: 948
Asphalt_World wrote:
Well, animals are killed for our entertainment so that the vast numbers of tv chefs can keep us entertained.

It's more a question of how they are killed really.


I don't disagree but in this case it's not even like it's for food - it's just simply to gross people out for entertainment value alone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:48 pm
Posts: 1268
Do they kill animals in the show? Is anything alive and then killed in screen?
I thought everything was dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:13 pm
Posts: 831
Location: Scotland
Do you eat meat?

If yes I don't see your argument as many of the animals are probably killed similar to pigs, cows, chicken etc or are insects of which children kill mindlessly each day or are killed by insecasides

If you don't eat meat - well other people do so it happens anyway

I watch it & personally see no problems with it at all

_________________
Close doesn't count


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 3201
Any one who watches that deserves to to be made to watch small creatures killed and mangled in front of their eyes. They should alsp be made to eat worms along with the contestants, who at least have the excuse they are paid for it.

_________________
I have nothing to offer but blood, oil, gears, and sweat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm
Posts: 1483
^ Blimey!

_________________
Going to Spa? Check out my site. http://visit-spa-francorchamps.page.tl/
My own Google Earth Motor Sport file. http://www.mediafire.com/?jzm1ieatytv
Follow me @asphalt_world
Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 3173
I watch it too, don't see it as being an issue and love the show! As for moby's suggestion, I do in fact occationally eat meal worms and crickets, I've been known to eat fish eyes, but most things they have on the show are either rare or impossible to come by in Britain. And by the same logic, maybe anyone who watches the X factor auditions (I haven't actually seen a single episode since 2003!) should be made to stand on a stage in front of 100's of people and be made to sing, even if they're tone deaf!

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:13 pm
Posts: 831
Location: Scotland
moby wrote:
Any one who watches that deserves to to be made to watch small creatures killed and mangled in front of their eyes. They should alsp be made to eat worms along with the contestants, who at least have the excuse they are paid for it.


I watch F1 therefore I deserve to get a drive next season

_________________
Close doesn't count


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1291
Rocket_Red wrote:
moby wrote:
Any one who watches that deserves to to be made to watch small creatures killed and mangled in front of their eyes. They should alsp be made to eat worms along with the contestants, who at least have the excuse they are paid for it.


I watch F1 therefore I deserve to get a drive next season


Thats what RoGro has used for his reason to be in F1 next season


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:08 pm
Posts: 948
bbobeckyj wrote:
Do they kill animals in the show? Is anything alive and then killed in screen?
I thought everything was dead.


Yes I heard a challenge the other night was to eat live beetles, and I've seen the odd snippet with contestants crawling over all manor of beasts etc.

Not referring to your post but I kind of guessed this might throw up the old argument that if you eat meat then you can't complain about this kind of thing, oh well :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:50 am
Posts: 605
Biffa wrote:
I don’t watch it myself but some of my family do and I am pretty disgusted with the number of creatures being killed in the name of a bit of light entertainment – no one seems to bat an eyelid, is it just me?



Brilliant, local council says I can't walk my dog on the beach even if I pick up her fairy cakes, what next? Police pull me over for running into flys on the bike let alone the car ..... chocolate fudge cake me I'll be a mass murderer!

Birds, rabbits, hares, foxes, badger's and even a sheep, the car puts me into a hole new category, OUCH. All alive when I hit em, GODDAM I'm going to hell!! :lol: [At best life for animal slaughter]

Complicit in murder of cows, sheep, chicken, turkey etc and guess what snake, turtle and dog. due to extended time in the far east!

Great post :thumbup: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:17 am
Posts: 660
Biffa wrote:
I don’t watch it myself but some of my family do and I am pretty disgusted with the number of creatures being killed in the name of a bit of light entertainment – no one seems to bat an eyelid, is it just me?


I don't agree with you at all. Get me out of the jungle is not entertainment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:12 am
Posts: 575
Depends on you definition of animal suffering. If eating a live bug is covered in that then yes. Otherwise I imagine that animals such as the kangaroo for the deep fried kangaroo knob eating challenge were killed in the same humane way that you would kill a rabbit for making rabbit stew. (I have a good recipe for that)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:08 pm
Posts: 948
Jezick wrote:
Biffa wrote:
I don’t watch it myself but some of my family do and I am pretty disgusted with the number of creatures being killed in the name of a bit of light entertainment – no one seems to bat an eyelid, is it just me?



Brilliant, local council says I can't walk my dog on the beach even if I pick up her fairy cakes, what next? Police pull me over for running into flys on the bike let alone the car ..... chocolate fudge cake me I'll be a mass murderer!

Birds, rabbits, hares, foxes, badger's and even a sheep, the car puts me into a hole new category, OUCH. All alive when I hit em, GODDAM I'm going to hell!! :lol: [At best life for animal slaughter]

Complicit in murder of cows, sheep, chicken, turkey etc and guess what snake, turtle and dog. due to extended time in the far east!

Great post :thumbup: :lol:


:lol: That made me laugh, but I admit I understood very little what you said :-P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 3201
Rocket_Red wrote:
moby wrote:
Any one who watches that deserves to to be made to watch small creatures killed and mangled in front of their eyes. They should alsp be made to eat worms along with the contestants, who at least have the excuse they are paid for it.


I watch F1 therefore I deserve to get a drive next season

Its OK Bruno, we know who you are :]

_________________
I have nothing to offer but blood, oil, gears, and sweat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:50 am
Posts: 605
Biffa wrote:
Jezick wrote:
Biffa wrote:
I don’t watch it myself but some of my family do and I am pretty disgusted with the number of creatures being killed in the name of a bit of light entertainment – no one seems to bat an eyelid, is it just me?



Brilliant, local council says I can't walk my dog on the beach even if I pick up her fairy cakes, what next? Police pull me over for running into flys on the bike let alone the car ..... chocolate fudge cake me I'll be a mass murderer!

Birds, rabbits, hares, foxes, badger's and even a sheep, the car puts me into a hole new category, OUCH. All alive when I hit em, GODDAM I'm going to hell!! :lol: [At best life for animal slaughter]

Complicit in murder of cows, sheep, chicken, turkey etc and guess what snake, turtle and dog. due to extended time in the far east!

Great post :thumbup: :lol:


:lol: That made me laugh, but I admit I understood very little what you said :-P


Beer + Posting = confusion at best. Simple maths, did you go to school :?: ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:08 pm
Posts: 948
Jezick wrote:
Biffa wrote:
Jezick wrote:
Biffa wrote:
I don’t watch it myself but some of my family do and I am pretty disgusted with the number of creatures being killed in the name of a bit of light entertainment – no one seems to bat an eyelid, is it just me?



Brilliant, local council says I can't walk my dog on the beach even if I pick up her fairy cakes, what next? Police pull me over for running into flys on the bike let alone the car ..... chocolate fudge cake me I'll be a mass murderer!

Birds, rabbits, hares, foxes, badger's and even a sheep, the car puts me into a hole new category, OUCH. All alive when I hit em, GODDAM I'm going to hell!! :lol: [At best life for animal slaughter]

Complicit in murder of cows, sheep, chicken, turkey etc and guess what snake, turtle and dog. due to extended time in the far east!

Great post :thumbup: :lol:


:lol: That made me laugh, but I admit I understood very little what you said :-P


Beer + Posting = confusion at best. Simple maths, did you go to school :?: ;)


:lol: Yes but alas I only understand English :-P :-P


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Water and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group