planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:43 pm 

Misinformed wrote:
I must confess, over the past 2 weeks I've caught bits and pieces of some IPL games. After mocking people so much, I'm starting to become a bit of a fan. So much talent in there.. I even found myself fist pumping at some goals hahah. I think I'm a West Ham kinda guy. ;)

IPL.......isn't that cricket :-P ;)

2014 Championship : 21st after Germany

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:54 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
Finally, we have proof that the Scots are NOT a nation of alcoholic nutters

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p012ctfh

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:03 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
Police have released a description of the man who threw the coin at Rio Ferdinand. He is described as a 6ft'1 white man with dark hair, in his early 30s. He was wearing a full Chelsea football kit with the number 26 on the back.

Not surprised. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:45 pm 

The Fulham-Newcastle match is going to give me a all hail the mods heart attack!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:53 am 

It turns out the coin a fan threw at Rio Ferdinand was actually a euro. Apparently Man City fans no longer need them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:19 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
It turns out the coin a fan threw at Rio Ferdinand was actually a euro. Apparently Man City fans no longer need them.

:lol: :lol:

2014 Championship : 21st after Germany

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
Barca winning 2-1 against betis

Messi has the record for most goals in a calender year!

but my god how woeful is barca's defending, its way past a joke!

Not if Chitalu's record stands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godfrey_Chitalu

107 goals in 1972

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:22 pm 

The Serbian Football Association has been fined 5,000 Swiss francs (£3,336) by Fifa for the "improper conduct" of Serbia fans during a 2014 World Cup qualifier with Wales in September.

World football's governing body took action after investigating "crowd disturbances" during Wales' 1-6 defeat.

Uefa's control and disciplinary body meet on Thursday to the discuss the trouble that erupted during England Under-21s clash with Serbia in October.

Swiss francs, the currency of corruption :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:45 pm 

biggest legend in the world of football fans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20700529

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:51 pm 

Bimey... Good on him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:38 pm 

Nice story :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:30 pm 

Well, apparently racism is pretty much alright. Thank you UEFA, all these years I've been thinking it was wrong and now you have enlightened me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... gland.html

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:26 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
Well, apparently racism is pretty much alright. Thank you UEFA, all these years I've been thinking it was wrong and now you have enlightened me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... gland.html

Well, Terry played during Euro, didn't he? Why others should be banned?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:04 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
vikz22 wrote:

107 goals in 1972

Not an official record. And cmon, Messi would do 500 goals in zambia league.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:58 pm 

RacingFan1 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
vikz22 wrote:

107 goals in 1972

But FIFA will not verify Messi's goal as a record either.
Zico, some claim, scored more goals.

“With regards to the data of Godfrey Chitalu, some Brazilians have since claimed that Zico scored more goals in one season, whilst Santos Football Club have records that show Pele scored 110 goals in 1961,”

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:45 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
RacingFan1 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
vikz22 wrote:

107 goals in 1972

But FIFA will not verify Messi's goal as a record either.
Zico, some claim, scored more goals.

“With regards to the data of Godfrey Chitalu, some Brazilians have since claimed that Zico scored more goals in one season, whilst Santos Football Club have records that show Pele scored 110 goals in 1961,”

at least we can all agree that he has the european league record

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:54 pm 

Real draw against Espanyol, great result for the barcelona based club!

Barca beat Atletico 4-1!

falcao gets the first goal, sublime equaliser by Adriano, then Busquets just before half time followed by a brace by messi (taking his total to 90 goals!!)

Barca are now 9 points clear of atletico, and 13 ahead of Real!!!!

still got one game left before the winter break

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:14 pm 

Seems the Real Madrid fans are not too happy about Mourinho leaving Casillas out of the team.. And now they lost against Malaga..
I think Mr Abramovich should do those fans a favour.. Bring back Mou to London. :D
It's ok... We'll take him.. You can have Benitez. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:46 pm 

The referees in the EPL are so inconsistent. It does my head in, Arsenal get a penalty every weekend when they can't score on their own. And teams like Everton and West Ham get red cards for nothing, pathetic refereeing. I'm not looking forward to the Chelsea game, no: Gibson, Mirallas or Fellaini 2-1 Chelsea I think.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:10 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
Seems the Real Madrid fans are not too happy about Mourinho leaving Casillas out of the team.. And now they lost against Malaga..
I think Mr Abramovich should do those fans a favour.. Bring back Mou to London. :D
It's ok... We'll take him.. You can have Benitez. :twisted:

:lol: Yep, what he said.... ^

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:42 pm 

Poor game... Rooney was way off today, but the rest do the team didn't really do much better.

Shocked by some of the Ref's calls today, how we didn't get a penalty for the handball I don't know...

Still, we are top of the the league at Christmas by 4 points... But we should be 6 points up.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:24 pm 

Anybody else a Chelsea fan? Lampard is a God.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:24 am 

Emile_Heskey wrote:
Anybody else a Chelsea fan? Lampard is a God.

I actually cried a bit today when Super Frank scored. To see him after that together with JT made my christmas. Legend.
UTC!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:07 am 

I've been seeing a lot of non MUFC fans taking the P out of SAF's comments about How RVP could have been killed by the Swansea player booting the ball at the back of his head from a couple of feet away after the incompetent Ref had blow the whistle...

I point back to when Gary Pallister was still playing, and the incident where he was knocked out off about 5 minutes after his own keeper had accidentally punched him in the back of his head...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:30 am 

SDLRob wrote:
I've been seeing a lot of non MUFC fans taking the P out of SAF's comments about How RVP could have been killed by the Swansea player booting the ball at the back of his head from a couple of feet away after the incompetent Ref had blow the whistle...

I point back to when Gary Pallister was still playing, and the incident where he was knocked out off about 5 minutes after his own keeper had accidentally punched him in the back of his head...

I agree it was bad.... But it wouldn't have killed RVP. People head the ball with the back of their heads sometimes, and I don't think it was fair for SAF to say that, as It's not as if RVP had any brain cells in their anyway. :D

Anyway my honest opinion is that SAF blew the incident out of proportion, so he could mask his team's performance. He has been known to do that, take the first game of the season. Everton played good, attractive football and yet SAF said we kicked the ball to Fellaini all day.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:40 pm 

Meanwhile Southampton make the headlines because some fat bloke dressed as Santa split his trousers in the half time shoot out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:13 pm 

Willthepessimist wrote:
The referees in the EPL are so inconsistent. It does my head in, [b]Arsenal get a penalty every weekend when they can't score on their own[/b]. And teams like Everton and West Ham get red cards for nothing, pathetic refereeing. I'm not looking forward to the Chelsea game, no: Gibson, Mirallas or Fellaini 2-1 Chelsea I think.

I think the fact we've had 5 penalties given in the league since the start of last season somewhat disproves that point. Also, barring the Cazorla dive, all have been legit penalties this season. Our last home penalty given in the league was in April 2011.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:00 pm 

huggybear wrote:
Willthepessimist wrote:
The referees in the EPL are so inconsistent. It does my head in, [b]Arsenal get a penalty every weekend when they can't score on their own[/b]. And teams like Everton and West Ham get red cards for nothing, pathetic refereeing. I'm not looking forward to the Chelsea game, no: Gibson, Mirallas or Fellaini 2-1 Chelsea I think.

I think the fact we've had 5 penalties given in the league since the start of last season somewhat disproves that point. Also, barring the Cazorla dive, all have been legit penalties this season. Our last home penalty given in the league was in April 2011.

I know, I shouldn't have used that example, because I do like Arsenal. I don't think Everton have had one at all this season, the last one I can remember was a Baines penalty versus Wigan, last year I think. My point was the inconsistency of the referees, you have to agree that they're quite poor, especially as an Arsenal fan.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:41 pm 

Willthepessimist wrote:

I know, I shouldn't have used that example, because I do like Arsenal. I don't think Everton have had one at all this season, the last one I can remember was a Baines penalty versus Wigan, last year I think. My point was the inconsistency of the referees, you have to agree that they're quite poor, especially as an Arsenal fan.

Oh the refs have been woeful. Any other job and they'd have been sacked long ago. Also annoys me when fans of 'big' clubs that rarely get bad decisions against them say something like 'it evens out over a season', or 'remember that one time 5 years ago we didn't get a free kick' when other clubs have clear goals ruled out, or players sent off because someone went down under no pressure.

And just to be one of those guys, the reaction of Van Persie to Ashley Williams should have been a red for violent conduct. No foul on him, but he gets up and raises his hands to an opponent. Exactly the same thing Abou Diaby got a straight red for last season after Joey Barton tried to snap his leg in two.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:13 pm 

No foul??? He had the ball cannoned at his head from short range AFTER the whistle had been blown... Yes, maybe if the ref was in any way competent, then both RVP and Williams should have seen red...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:39 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
No foul??? He had the ball cannoned at his head from short range AFTER the whistle had been blown... Yes, maybe if the ref was in any way competent, then both RVP and Williams should have seen red...

Given that in super slo-mo it was a 2 second gap between the whistle blowing and attempted murder, I think we can give Ashley Williams the benefit of the doubt on that one. Also accidentally hitting someone with a football is not a foul. With a massive amount of bias against Swansea, maybe you might make an excessive force charge stick, but that would be pushing it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:11 am 

huggybear wrote:
SDLRob wrote:

Given that in super slo-mo it was a 2 second gap between the whistle blowing and attempted murder, I think we can give Ashley Williams the benefit of the doubt on that one. Also accidentally hitting someone with a football is not a foul. With a massive amount of bias against Swansea, maybe you might make an excessive force charge stick, but that would be pushing it.

Why would anyone want to kick a ball after whistle? It wasn't attempt to murder, but unless he is mental, he knew what was going to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:33 am 

dizlexik wrote:
Why would anyone want to kick a ball after whistle? It wasn't attempt to murder, but unless he is mental, he knew what was going to happen.

Plenty of reasons why he'd kick the ball after the whistle. It's not like he waited 30 seconds and then kicked him in the face. If Van Persie hadn't reacted the way he had, no one would be saying a word about the covering defender booting the ball a second after the ref blows his whistle with the ball on the edge of his box.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:28 pm 

Ironic now RVP is angry about someone booting a ball a second after the whistle when he got sent off at the Nou Camp a few seasons ago for the same thing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:38 pm 

Gareth Bale becomes the first player in the premier league to get a ban for five yellows, with all of them coming from dives.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:38 pm 

Gareth Bale becomes the first player in the premier league to get a ban for five yellows, with all of them coming from dives.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:59 pm 

Some people are saying it was a foul today though, not a dive. Haven't seen it myself yet.

Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:09 pm 

Foul, from what I saw, the Sunderland player stepped on Bale's foot...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:54 pm 

There was a brushing of knees. Bale threw himself to the floor. It's still a dive if the contact doesn't stop you continuing towards goal (otherwise every single contact between players would be a free kick). It's still a yellow for exaggerating contact, which Bale did.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:22 pm 

New cycling shorts I won't be purchasing.....

Linked the image incase it's outside the forum rules as it may be NSFW depending on people's opinions. Let me know what you think mods.

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/large.jpeg

Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!