It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Annoyances
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:32 am 

SchumieRules wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Johnston wrote:
coulthards chin wrote:
Just to add... I'm not even anti-technology. It's just through growing up and now working full-time I'm so glad I had such an active childhood because now I don't really get time for anything other than a bit of football and seeing my friends. I wonder if the 'Xbox generation' will come to regret not doing more when their time comes.

I don't blame you, a friend of ours has bought their 4 yo an iPad for chrimbo. Simply because they have just got the internet in for the first time.

FFS she's 4 does she really need an iPad to go on Ceebebies ? No doubt she will have a facebook by boxing day x( :uhoh:

Listening to some of parents up at the school I wonder why the kids get the stuff. It's more like a swimming pool contest between them all.

I suspect this has a lot to do with it. Someone I know got their 5 year old an iPad for Christmas. I'm 25 and I'm trying to justify needing an iPad for me! How can a 5 year old getting an iPad be justified? "Oh, they like to check the business and weather forcasts on the move whilst typing up reports for their peers."
Yeah, sure.

One reason is the other kids at school. If one kid gets it, then the rest will bug the parents to get them one too. From my time, back in the 90's, when my friend brought a Game-Boy in the class. Right before Christmas... In January every kid had a Game-Boy, that or the Game-Gear.

:lol: My kids must hate me. When the rest got Game-boys, they got PsP's. When his mates got xBoxe360's he got a PS3. iPhone, feck that, he got a Galaxy 3. Dancing classes, no chance, swimming instead. Bmx, naa, mountain bike.

Ok, your right in a way. For me it's not a swimming pool competition BUT if all the girls in my daughters class get into, say Monster High dolls, without one she'll be left out. You do remember how nasty us kids could be ;) I try to keep them 'inclusive' but individual when I can, if that makes sense?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:19 am 

When Bernie Ecclesanta doesn't get my f1 gifts to me in time for christmas eve gift exchanging. Grrrrr i hate you f1 online store.

You know how shipping companies rent extra vehicles for the holidays? DHL has rented an HRT F112 to deliver my presents. #25daysandcounting

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:07 am 

I can't walk any more.

My achilles tendon reached [metaphorical] breaking point today - it's now given up letting me ease it back to a near-normal length, and instead puts the extra strain on my calf muscle. I saw the physiotherapist in mid-December, and was given some exercises to do although he didn't feel he would be much use and said I should have gone direct to the consultant, on reflection [who I WAS meant to see, but who instead bounced me back to physio...]. I'll see the physio again on the 8th of January, where I fully expect to be referred back to the consultant as a priority case, and I'm increasingly tempted to ask for a pair of crutches so I don't have the ridiculous case like today again, where my leg gave way and I ended up in pain on my pickle in a muddy field.

Relaxing post-Christmas-dinner-walk my pickle...!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:50 am 

Catch Up / On Demand TV...

Not so much the service itself (which is very useful) but the attitude of my family to it. Traditionally we all knew when we needed to get ready and settled down to watch specific programmes we do watch as a family. Now, there is no need for this, as we can simply get it on Catch Up. That sense of discipline has apparently abandoned us.

A day or two later we set it up to watch and suddenly there is a seemingly major panic to get everyone settled at a specific time. What's the rush now? We're not exactly going to miss anything now. I was quite happy to watch it when it was on but, no, nobody gave a damn then. Now I've decided to make myself a cuppa beore sitting to watch it on Catch Up I'm holding everybody up.

Aargh...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:58 pm 

As a sceptic towards tablet computers I was very surprised to get a Google Nexus 7 for Christmas. I was very much getting into it and enjoying it (although I still think they are more of a luxury toy than a useful device worth replacing my laptop).

However, within a day of getting it, there started being problems with the backlight and now half of the screen doesn't work at all! Slightly annoying as I now have to wait until they get more stock for a replacement to come.

Pick 10 Podiums:
1st Place: USA 2012, Japan 2013
3rd Place: China 2014

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:21 pm 

Ever have a real bad day.

Woke up with a sore throat and the feeling of pins in my eyes.

Took the dog a walk and for the first time since we got him he decided to take a fairy cakes whilst on the lead. Of course I never carry a bag these days because he's never done it when on the lead in almost 6 years.

Morning coffee made a reappearance on the way home.

Got home pulled off my hoody. T-shirt lifted with it Mrs goes "Oh fairy cakes" my back and chest out in hives the size of 10p coins and bigger.

Goes for a bath but despite the hot water being scalding the bath water was freezing and the hives were down my arms and legs now too.

Came downstairs and knocked over my tub of plectrums scattering them anywhere.

Now my Kidney area is sore again.

Anyone know how you can just restart a day? Not even had lunch yet FFS.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:09 pm 

Johnston wrote:

Took the dog a walk and for the first time since we got him he decided to take a fairy cakes whilst on the lead. Of course I never carry a bag these days because he's never done it when on the lead in almost 6 years.

Got home pulled off my hoody. T-shirt lifted with it Mrs goes "Oh fairy cakes" my back and chest out in hives the size of 10p coins and bigger.

Goes for a bath but despite the hot water being scalding the bath water was freezing and the hives were down my arms and legs now too.

First off sorry for the bad day, I want to restart the last 2 years, but haven't found the reset button yet :-((

Secondly, I don't know where you walk you're dog - fields, park, cycle track etc. But a massive annoyance for me is dog owners who don't pick up their dog's poo just cause their not on the street or similar. I used to live in a village by a river and there was a path along the river which went past some horse paddocks, a camp site, a boat club and a sports club and there was so much fairy cakes on it because owners let their dogs off the lead and didn't see where they went or simply didn't bother to pick it up as it wasn't a pavement they thought it would be fine to let is bio-degrade on its own, not bothered about how many people use the track all the time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:37 pm 

minchy wrote:
First off sorry for the bad day, I want to restart the last 2 years, but haven't found the reset button yet :-((

Secondly, I don't know where you walk you're dog - fields, park, cycle track etc. But a massive annoyance for me is dog owners who don't pick up their dog's poo just cause their not on the street or similar. I used to live in a village by a river and there was a path along the river which went past some horse paddocks, a camp site, a boat club and a sports club and there was so much fairy cakes on it because owners let their dogs off the lead and didn't see where they went or simply didn't bother to pick it up as it wasn't a pavement they thought it would be fine to let is bio-degrade on its own, not bothered about how many people use the track all the time.

Yeah I hate it too. The grass beside the footpath is an absolute mess. It's the worse I have ever seen it too. Usually you can take him out for hours and he basically refuses to go until you let him into the back garden. Even if we are working in the garden and have him tied up because the gates are open he won't go despite having nearly full run of the garden on the lead . He'll wait until he's off the lead :? Must have bad guts or something today.

Where he did go wasn't so bad luckily . Entrance into a farmers field. So it's of the beaten path as it where.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:27 pm 

minchy wrote:
Johnston wrote:

:lol: :thumbup: Yes you've just reminded me of that huge annoyance! I live in the middle of nowhere, I could walk for 5 or 6 miles without seeing a single car/person/dog, BUT if there is ONE single dog poo within that vast area I am almost f###ing guaranteed to stand (or sometimes fall) on it!! :?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:44 pm 

minchy wrote:

I have a lecturer that has done a lot of research into this and has found that it's largely dependant on whether people can see or not. There's a park he's done research at where there's a really big wide long path with smaller paths leading off and the increase of dog poo not picked up on the smaller/more hidden paths is immense. Also found that a lot of people seem to bag the poo and if they can't find a bin for it (especially if they've gone back to the car) they chuck it like that. Even worse because the bags mean it wont biodegrade as easily! I know, I know, fascinating stuff xD

Current annoyance is how windy it is just after I cut my hair really short and lose my scarf!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:11 pm 

Rachie_D wrote:
I have a lecturer that has done a lot of research into this and has found that it's largely dependant on whether people can see or not. There's a park he's done research at where there's a really big wide long path with smaller paths leading off and the increase of dog poo not picked up on the smaller/more hidden paths is immense. Also found that a lot of people seem to bag the poo and if they can't find a bin for it (especially if they've gone back to the car) they chuck it like that. Even worse because the bags mean it wont biodegrade as easily! I know, I know, fascinating stuff xD

Current annoyance is how windy it is just after I cut my hair really short and lose my scarf!

That is one thing that baffles me. Hedges around here are full of wee bags of poo :?

Near my Mums theres a walk. Last time we were there the trees and hedges on one path were like someone tried to decorate them for chrimbo. Even odder as it was on the path between the carpark and the actual nature walk. There is a bin at the top and one at the bottom of the path.

So they either had to walk past a bin to do it or were no more than 20 yards away from one and would past one no matter which direction they are going.

If it was someone being smart and emptying the bins and doing it badness. How all hail the mods sad would you have to be to stick your hands in a bin full of bags of fairy cakes and throw them about for fun?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:54 am 

Before I go to bed, the two things that have mostly annoyed me today are…

1) Adverts for cars or perfumes and such like that end with a word breathily whispered by a random French female (presumably meant to be sexy); “autoemocion”, or whatever…

2) Adverts on the radio that end with some muppet reeling off legal terms and conditions at 100-miles-an-hour without any punctuation that basically tells you that you are not actually going to get what has just been advertised

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:04 am 

Johnston wrote:

I'm very sorry to hear about your day. Your story kinda reminded me of this, for which I am sorry. Probably should put a very mild content warning for this link: http://youtu.be/sxkS5Rzr4W0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:11 am 

Leaving hints for the best part of 6 months about wanting an Xbox 360 for Christmas, having hints off girlfriend and parents and brother about chipping in for an Xbox for me, getting to Christmas day and seeing no present big enough to be an Xbox, assuming that there must be a hidden present... then discovering you've not got one, but instead having better presents (i.e. some conceptual art books for Star Wars/Halo/Prometheus, F1 Race Stars for PS3 and digital art guide books and a voucher to go diving with sharks!)... and realising that you're half disappointed half overjoyed! It was an awkward moment, and full of surprise, mostly in a good way! :D

But still, when you build yourself up for something and don't even contemplate the other things you may like at Christmas, its strange to get something different. So I went ahead and bought myself an Xbox 360 on boxing day anyway :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:29 am 

How much did ITV pay that talent-less plank of wood Christine Bleakley? Bet your annoyed :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:45 am 

Johnston wrote:
Rachie_D wrote:

That is one thing that baffles me. Hedges around here are full of wee bags of poo :?

Near my Mums theres a walk. Last time we were there the trees and hedges on one path were like someone tried to decorate them for chrimbo. Even odder as it was on the path between the carpark and the actual nature walk. There is a bin at the top and one at the bottom of the path.

So they either had to walk past a bin to do it or were no more than 20 yards away from one and would past one no matter which direction they are going.

If it was someone being smart and emptying the bins and doing it badness. How all hail the mods sad would you have to be to stick your hands in a bin full of bags of fairy cakes and throw them about for fun?

A guy has recently started training dogs in our village, he's the best thing since sliced bread with a certain part of the community (and I don't mean religion, just self important). Well I'm tired of walking my dog and kids through the fairy cakes he pretends the dogs he trains aren't having!

Lets see what the local council does with evidence from a whistle blower with a new camera phone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:51 am 

:thumbup: :thumbup:

If I can find out whose letting the dog go on the green opposite I'll likely do the same get a nice shot with a webcam from our window. .

Although we have the suspicion it's the ones that live in the house beside it. They don't seem to realise that 4ft wall marks a boundary and think they own the green. Same sort of story some of the ones around here think the the sun shines from their pickle. They usually wait until the dog can't move in it's own yard for crap, lift the manhole and hose it out blocking the drain. If it was anyone else they would be reported for blocking the drain and too the USPCA.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:18 am 

As someone who owns 3 dogs I must say I truly hate it when I see dog mess that had not been cleaned up. It's so inconsiderate and makes all dog owners get a bad press. I've even been known to pick up mess from other people's dogs.

Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:44 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
As someone who owns 3 dogs I must say I truly hate it when I see dog mess that had not been cleaned up. It's so inconsiderate and makes all dog owners get a bad press. I've even been known to pick up mess from other people's dogs.

My aunt does the same. There's something in dog mess that can cause blindness in kids, so no way should anyone leave it lying about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:07 pm 

I work at a barn. Animal fairy cakes doesn't bother me unless its on a sidewalk or driveway or something. It disappears on its own. Big deal. Can't stop the rest of nature's creatures from littering our yards anyway.

You know what does annoy me? When people post things like "dear donkey opening who cut me off in traffic this morning, next time blah blah blah" on fb/twitter/whatever. Ihateit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:07 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
... You know what does annoy me? When people post things like "dear donkey opening who cut me off in traffic this morning, next time blah blah blah" on fb/twitter/whatever. Ihateit.
Any inane posts on social media irritate the s**t out of me better than a laxative. I'm having such-and-such for dinner, yummy... I've just checked in to who-gives-a-damn... My entire day has been ruined because Mr-has-a-job-to-do has inconvenienced me in a minor fashion by doing-the-job-he-has-to-do, never mind the fact that he would be sacked if he ignored the job-he-has-to-do which involves inconveniencing me in the slightest because I'm just such a self-centred tw*t...

... ok, I've had enough of it already.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 am 

People who are happy to dish it out but can't take it back, who behave badly but when called on their bad behaviour just run away, who are critical of everyone else and point out their mistakes but when criticised themselves duck and won't own their mistakes.

"Irregardless". It's NOT A WORD and if it was a word, it would not mean regardless, which is the context in which it is used, but be an opposing term and mean something along the lines of "with regards to".

Lateness without a genuine reason and notification in advance of the lateness explaining that reason. This one annoys me so much that if a person is 5 minutes late and I haven't heard from them or they SMS me with a reason I don't deem acceptable I just leave. Mobile communication is not an excuse for disrespect and tardiness.

People who take the easy way out of their lives by using other people. Laziness is NOT a genuine need for help.

Liars who are lying for self-gain and to manipulate people (as opposed to concealing something about which they are ashamed) who then object to people checking them out and start wailing about a breach of privacy.

The fact that society tends to automatically blame the "other woman" rather than the man who is having the affair and then feel sorry only for the wife. In a high proportion of cases the "other woman" is totally ignorant of the fact that the man is married.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:44 am 

tl:dr forum posts. Sorry kai_ you are undoubtedly well informed and well written but you appear to be what my father would call a waffler. Ironically this post is the first of yours in some time that I have read in full, and I heartily agree with it. Maybe I should set aside a few days and go back to read some of your others.

:D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:47 am 

kai_ wrote:
Lateness without a genuine reason and notification in advance of the lateness explaining that reason. This one annoys me so much that if a person is 5 minutes late and I haven't heard from them or they SMS me with a reason I don't deem acceptable I just leave. Mobile communication is not an excuse for disrespect and tardiness.

Agree with everything.

Especially this one, you wouldn't get this in the pre-mobile phones time. If you said 9:00, you'd be there by 9:00!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:35 am 

Where I live there are notices everywhere about clean up after your dog or you will be hung drawn quartered and fined 50 quid, which is fair enough as it is as annoying as hell. There is also a ban on dogs on the main beach between April and November, which is right.
BUT we are on the route between the fields and the beach.

There seems to be no restriction at all on horses, who crap several pounds each and pass twice a day from fields to beach, where they seem to be allowed all year.

Our road usually has two or three mounds of horse fairy cakes spread from one end to the other and the beach smells like a midden until the tide does its work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:08 am 

coulthards chin wrote:
As a sceptic towards tablet computers I was very surprised to get a Google Nexus 7 for Christmas. I was very much getting into it and enjoying it (although I still think they are more of a luxury toy than a useful device worth replacing my laptop).

However, within a day of getting it, there started being problems with the backlight and now half of the screen doesn't work at all! Slightly annoying as I now have to wait until they get more stock for a replacement to come.

I was a totally against use of tablets a while ago. I remember posting on here about them and basically saying they were pointless. I now own a 7inch and a 10inch tablet and very much see them as a useful, if limited tool.

The only real uses I have for them is reading books or (research) papers - this could be done on an e-reader, but given comparable price I'd go for a tablet. Reading comic books on the train to work. Having F1 live timing up during races (shockingly this increases my enjoyment by a large margin). The odd presentation on it (for instance, when the only time to meet my boss is when he is in the lab). the other main beneficial aspect is portability. I leave some movies on it so if I'm away on business I have sometime to do. All of the above can be done on a laptop but the tablet is MUCH lighter. I don't see them as essential, and don't see them as replacements for laptops and the like, but they cover a niche area that does make them useful. I'm a convert to pro-tablet but I feel that some people over-hype them. I consider them closer to toys than useful computers on the whole.

Anyway, gutted your's broke so quick. I hate when that happens. Bugs me way more than is appropriate.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:13 am 

The only thing I enjoy about tablets is the touch screen, I enjoy interacting with things on the screen such as Garageband and maps and such. Otherwise, I don't feel the need to get one. I just go into stores and play with the presentation ones. I was making whale sounds using the garageband violin touch screen strings whilst my girlfriend was trying to be serious and upgrade her phone. After that, the tablet bored me and I had to find new ways to be a pain.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:20 am 

mac_d wrote:
coulthards chin wrote:

I was a totally against use of tablets a while ago. I remember posting on here about them and basically saying they were pointless. I now own a 7inch and a 10inch tablet and very much see them as a useful, if limited tool.

The only real uses I have for them is reading books or (research) papers - this could be done on an e-reader, but given comparable price I'd go for a tablet. Reading comic books on the train to work. Having F1 live timing up during races (shockingly this increases my enjoyment by a large margin). The odd presentation on it (for instance, when the only time to meet my boss is when he is in the lab). the other main beneficial aspect is portability. I leave some movies on it so if I'm away on business I have sometime to do. All of the above can be done on a laptop but the tablet is MUCH lighter. I don't see them as essential, and don't see them as replacements for laptops and the like, but they cover a niche area that does make them useful. I'm a convert to pro-tablet but I feel that some people over-hype them. I consider them closer to toys than useful computers on the whole.

Anyway, gutted your's broke so quick. I hate when that happens. Bugs me way more than is appropriate.

I am the same. Thought they were pointless (well, still do really) but once I had one fond work for it.
As a book though it can not live with a 'real' ebook. I have a sony ereader and have 'root-kitted' it to android and it is a very useful item. The main advantage is battery life. It lasts 3 or 4 weeks between charges while the 7 inch Tab lasts maybe half a day. The main drawback with most tabs is you have to do everything through their apps shop etc and I like freedom to do what I like. It takes a bit of fiddling to find your way out of their maze as many do not have external ports to load stuff up or drive external items. I went for a very cheap Sumvision cyclone, which is fine as it has a SD slot and mini usb for external drive plus a dongle for my Internet.

I was truly impressed a couple of years ago with a (The larger version cant recall the name) DS. I had it originally to go into hospital, so had plenty of time to play with it, and access to wi-fi. When converted to use an R4 card, donated to me by a well meaning friend, it is a very, very useful little item. If it was not for the original manufacturers frowning on modifying it, everyone would have one by now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:21 am 

moby wrote:
Where I live there are notices everywhere about clean up after your dog or you will be hung drawn quartered and fined 50 quid, which is fair enough as it is as annoying as hell. There is also a ban on dogs on the main beach between April and November, which is right.
BUT we are on the route between the fields and the beach.

There seems to be no restriction at all on horses, who crap several pounds each and pass twice a day from fields to beach, where they seem to be allowed all year.

Our road usually has two or three mounds of horse fairy cakes spread from one end to the other and the beach smells like a midden until the tide does its work.

I couldn't avoid cycling through some horse dung last month. Going too fast, couldn't stop in time to avoid the strategically placed dung over the whole width of the footpath. It's ridiculous, they are far far worse than dog droppings. Nothing like off-road MB riding on the countryside unless you get a bit of horse-shit in your face and clothes!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:49 pm 

tootsie323 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
... You know what does annoy me? When people post things like "dear donkey opening who cut me off in traffic this morning, next time blah blah blah" on fb/twitter/whatever. Ihateit.
Any inane posts on social media irritate the s**t out of me better than a laxative. I'm having such-and-such for dinner, yummy... I've just checked in to who-gives-a-damn... My entire day has been ruined because Mr-has-a-job-to-do has inconvenienced me in a minor fashion by doing-the-job-he-has-to-do, never mind the fact that he would be sacked if he ignored the job-he-has-to-do which involves inconveniencing me in the slightest because I'm just such a self-centred tw*t...

... ok, I've had enough of it already.

I think you need to check out this comic strip...

http://www.dorktower.com/2012/08/29/sev ... -29-08-12/

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:03 pm 

Regarding the above, I must say I find it odd that police on horseback have no requirement to clean up the gigantic craps that the horses tend to leave in the middle of the roads used for walking to and from these large events...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:10 pm 

jono794 wrote:
tl:dr forum posts. Sorry kai_ you are undoubtedly well informed and well written but you appear to be what my father would call a waffler. Ironically this post is the first of yours in some time that I have read in full, and I heartily agree with it. Maybe I should set aside a few days and go back to read some of your others.

:D

My waffling is a conscious thing as a result of the forum.

When I compose my posts I qualify, clarify and justify everything to the nth degree to avoid the pitfalls of someone taking something in my post out of context, getting a bee in their bonnet and starting an irrelevant debate. It happens all the time on here.

I suppose I should have added that as one of my annoyances: people who have such tunnel vision that rather than appreciate a post in the context that it is meant they are drawn to anything remotely negative that interferes with their tunnel vision.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:23 am 

Having a cold with wisdom teeth coming through. So much pain!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:32 pm 

These gits:

Whoever designed them should be taken into a darkened room and beaten.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:37 pm 

People that turn on their high beams when you overtake them just because they didnt like you overtaking them!
Also people who flash their headlights at traffic lights to try and make them change quicker... it does not work, stop it!

People who drive right up behind someone, its not going to make them go faster, its just dangerous and stupid, back off, if you are ever stuck behind me and do that I will just go slower and slower until you back off as it is the only way to make sure you will have a chance of stopping before hitting me.

People who roleplay and feel the need to use long and overcomplicated words which are never normally used in conversation, keep it real for goodness sake!

People who say Wrestling is fake, I know, I dont care, its entertaining, TV soaps are fake don't see so many people making such a fuss about them being fake!

this is a very very dangerous thread for me!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:17 am 

Angel De La Muerte wrote:
People that turn on their high beams when you overtake them just because they didnt like you overtaking them!
Also people who flash their headlights at traffic lights to try and make them change quicker... it does not work, stop it!

People who drive right up behind someone, its not going to make them go faster, its just dangerous and stupid, back off, if you are ever stuck behind me and do that I will just go slower and slower until you back off as it is the only way to make sure you will have a chance of stopping before hitting me.

People who roleplay and feel the need to use long and overcomplicated words which are never normally used in conversation, keep it real for goodness sake!

People who say Wrestling is fake, I know, I dont care, its entertaining, TV soaps are fake don't see so many people making such a fuss about them being fake!

Wow, I've never seen that. A bit silly to say the least

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:50 am 

SchumieRules wrote:
Angel De La Muerte wrote:

Wow, I've never seen that. A bit silly to say the least

Seen a few taxi drivers doing it.

As for the second highlighted bit I'd like to add:

People who drive under the speed limit by a significant margin when the road is clear ahead of them (usually OAP's or women with 'baby on board' signs in their car) Overly cautious driving is dangerous and (in the UK at atleast) you can fail your driving test by constantly driving 20 mph in a 30 zone.

I am one of those people who will drive close behind, but would like to say only if the driver in front is going under the speed limit and has an open road ahead of them. I will also say I never tailgate at high speeds, behind learner drivers or big vehicles and only when I see the road in front through the car in front's windows.

And 1 of my own:

Drivers who drive down at 40 in a 60 limit, but then when they get to a village or town and hit a 30 limit keep doing 40!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:19 am 

minchy wrote:

People who drive under the speed limit by a significant margin when the road is clear ahead of them (usually OAP's or women with 'baby on board' signs in their car) Overly cautious driving is dangerous and (in the UK at atleast) you can fail your driving test by constantly driving 20 mph in a 30 zone.

I am one of those people who will drive close behind, but would like to say only if the driver in front is going under the speed limit and has an open road ahead of them. I will also say I never tailgate at high speeds, behind learner drivers or big vehicles and only when I see the road in front through the car in front's windows.

And 1 of my own:

Drivers who drive down at 40 in a 60 limit, but then when they get to a village or town and hit a 30 limit keep doing 40!

Nah, I'd never tailgate, you never know what happens, open road or not.

I do something similar to Angel, when I'm on the limit (in towns, where it is 30) and someone is still flashing behind me to go faster (as they can't overtake), I actually slow down, just to gherkin them off more.

Evil me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:31 am 

Some traffic lights (but not many) are light sensored at night... there's nothing more annoying than sitting at a red light for ages when nothing is coming the other way so in that situation I will always try flashing it, in futile hope more than anything.

Pick 10 Podiums:
1st Place: USA 2012, Japan 2013
3rd Place: China 2014

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:12 am 

SchumieRules wrote:
minchy wrote:

And 1 of my own:

Nah, I'd never tailgate, you never know what happens, open road or not.

I do something similar to Angel, when I'm on the limit (in towns, where it is 30) and someone is still flashing behind me to go faster (as they can't overtake), I actually slow down, just to gherkin them off more.

Evil me

But that's where I'm a contradiction/hypocrite/w**ker cause I do the same thing! If people are going too slow I'll tailgate, but if people are tailgating me when I'm doing the speed limit I'll slow down too :twisted:

Just driving my little girl to nursery I remembered another driving annoyance. If people are not local and don't know the roads, fair enough, but when they slow down without signalling to see if they've got the correct road then signal at the last possible second or they have the wrong turn off and speed up again without warning. Or even worse, if they signal to turn, slow down and then signal back onto the main road and speed up at the last second.

It's fine if you don't know where you're going, but once you commit to turning off the road or round about exit - stick to it, if it's the wrong way, just turn around when it's safe.