He bought it, he is the ultimate decision maker. :uhoh:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:56 am 

dizlexik wrote:
Mr-E wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
In fact mr A is Chelsea.

Wash your mouth son!

You don't see the difference in the bold parts you wrote?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:10 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
Mr-E wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
In fact mr A is Chelsea.

Wash your mouth son!

You don't see the difference in the bold parts you wrote?

You shouldn't take everything literally. You may like him or not, but he is the Chelsea, he shapes the club. He does what he want.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 pm 

Thank god for RVP... I honestly had just opened my mouth to say that we were frakked when out of frakinng nowhere, RVP pops up and gets the equaliser... I think SAF had planned the line up with Liverpool in mind...

Speaking of which... Mansfield were robbed of a replay. How the officials didn't spot the blatant handball by Suarez I have no idea. It was also interesting to see the reaction of a lot of Liverpool fans was that it was the officials fault for not disallowing the goal... Rather than Suarez for committing a handball worthy of Maradona...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:48 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
Speaking of which... Mansfield were robbed of a replay. How the officials didn't spot the blatant handball by Suarez I have no idea. It was also interesting to see the reaction of a lot of Liverpool fans was that it was the officials fault for not disallowing the goal... Rather than Suarez for committing a handball worthy of Maradona...

Agree!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:20 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
Thank god for RVP... I honestly had just opened my mouth to say that we were frakked when out of frakinng nowhere, RVP pops up and gets the equaliser... I think SAF had planned the line up with Liverpool in mind...

It burns to see RVP scoring for someone else after he averaged about 6 games a season between 2005-10. Should have sold him to Birmingham along with Flamini in 2007.

Also, I don't think it's up to Luis Suarez to not score there. It hits his hand, but it's not blatant like it was against Ghana. No player in the world is going to say 'No, no, I won't score here because the ball hit my hand', especially in a cup tie against a lower league side who are actually starting to give you a game when you have a slender lead 15 or so minutes from the end of the game. The officials should have caught it, and it's tough for Mansfield, but if Van Persie had done the same thing at 2-2 against West Ham, or Giroud had done the same at 2-2 vs Swansea, we wouldn't be crucifying our guy for cheating us to victory, we'd be grateful for the undeserved victory.
It does somewhat annoy me that there aren't calls for them to replay the game though, since handball is against the rules, and Arsenal got so much stick about not returning the ball after Sheffield United kicked it out for an injury back in 1999. Which isn't actually in the official rules of the sport, merely the rules of not being a dick.
Also, after Mansfield made a point of honouring the Hillsborough dead, Liverpool fans mocking the home support was in particularly bad taste I thought. Especially when Anfield is silent for home PL games unless they play Everton or Manchester United.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:19 pm 

huggybear wrote:
SDLRob wrote:

It burns to see RVP scoring for someone else after he averaged about 6 games a season between 2005-10. Should have sold him to Birmingham along with Flamini in 2007.

Also, I don't think it's up to Luis Suarez to not score there. It hits his hand, but it's not blatant like it was against Ghana. No player in the world is going to say 'No, no, I won't score here because the ball hit my hand', especially in a cup tie against a lower league side who are actually starting to give you a game when you have a slender lead 15 or so minutes from the end of the game. The officials should have caught it, and it's tough for Mansfield, but if Van Persie had done the same thing at 2-2 against West Ham, or Giroud had done the same at 2-2 vs Swansea, we wouldn't be crucifying our guy for cheating us to victory, we'd be grateful for the undeserved victory.
It does somewhat annoy me that there aren't calls for them to replay the game though, since handball is against the rules, and Arsenal got so much stick about not returning the ball after Sheffield United kicked it out for an injury back in 1999. Which isn't actually in the official rules of the sport, merely the rules of not being a dick.
Also, after Mansfield made a point of honouring the Hillsborough dead, Liverpool fans mocking the home support was in particularly bad taste I thought. Especially when Anfield is silent for home PL games unless they play Everton or Manchester United.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXfdjyPVQjk

Also Suarez has now proved how annoying and hated he is. He's an absolute disgrace to football, how Rodgers can defend him I have no idea.

Fellaini received a 3 match ban, fair enough, considering what he did, but Suarez is an absolute t*wt and he really makes my blood boil when I watch him play.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:36 am 

Fifa Ballon D'or 2012..
Nominations for coach of the year:
Vicente DEL BOSQUE
Pep GUARDIOLA
Jose MOURINHO

How is Pep coach of the year 2012??
One Copa del Rey title compared to for example RDM's 1 FA cup and the CL trophy?
Ok I may be biased, but seriously..

Rant over.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:17 pm 

Messi and Wambach won Ballon D'or.

I agree with E that Pep didn't deserve to be in top 3. Bar a did quite well last season, but surely there were many better teams. Juve, Real, City etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:40 pm 

Are FIFA aware that football is also played outside Spain?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:39 pm 

Ronaldo, Messi and Falcao up top was always going to happen. RVP and others have been good. But those 3 were on another level.

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:19 pm 

So..... Can any of you Chelsea fans explain to me as to what just happened? aside from Turnbull, you had a decent attack.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:05 pm 

Willthepessimist wrote:
So..... Can any of you Chelsea fans explain to me as to what just happened? aside from Turnbull, you had a decent attack.

Ivanovich happened together with 80 minutes or so with Torres. Ba had more chances the few minutes he was on than Torres had the entire game.
I like Iva. He is a beast normally, but today was his worst performance in Chelsea.
How i miss Drogba, Ballack, JT days like this. Some heart and muscle.
Swansea pretty much played like we did against Barca in the CL last year. Defend, defend, defend, score, defend. They did good, and Michu was impressive.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:43 am 

Gotta say Michu is looking like the buy of the season and possibly player of the season...

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:02 pm 

Pep's gone to Bayern Munich then...........

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 54282.html

2014 Championship : 16th after Spa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:17 pm 

fatboy72 wrote:

wow, i did not see that coming

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:01 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
fatboy72 wrote:

wow, i did not see that coming

Nice little filler until Sit Alex retires......

Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:00 am 

Come on then Chelsea fans? Where are you lot this evening? :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 am 

Banana Man wrote:
Come on then Chelsea fans? Where are you lot this evening? :D

1-5.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:43 am 

Not bothered. Couldn't give a flying f**k about the FA Cup this year, it's all about staying up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:20 am 

Pep going to Munich means our choices are limited for manager. I can't see Rafa staying beyond the summer whatever happens, the animosity towards him is palpable, and we know that the fans aren't exactly helping, but imagine if Jose suddenly managed Barca, or Arsene Wenger suddenly took over at Man Utd and you might start to realise why the Chelsea fans aren't just 'putting up and shutting up' as the press are so gleefully putting it.

Speaking of Jose...a summer return...? I can dream...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:45 am 

Adaemus wrote:
Pep going to Munich means our choices are limited for manager. I can't see Rafa staying beyond the summer whatever happens, the animosity towards him is palpable, and we know that the fans aren't exactly helping, but imagine if Jose suddenly managed Barca, or Arsene Wenger suddenly took over at Man Utd and you might start to realise why the Chelsea fans aren't just 'putting up and shutting up' as the press are so gleefully putting it.

Did you see this? We can all dream. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HGS6AGoBXLg#t=1195s

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 am 

Adaemus wrote:

Is Rafa really that bad? His stats are more or less the same as RDM.

Speaking of Jose, after Real Madrid I can see him taking over Portuguese national team. If he ever comes back to Premier League it will be team like MU or Arsenal where owners look at team as a business rather than some billionaire-owned toy like Chelsea.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:14 pm 

Mr-E wrote:

:D I've heard they're good friends now, but he did still refer to it as a 'divorce'. Jose hasn't exactly had an easy ride since leaving Chelsea either, so there's every chance that he would return, but as the team sheet shakes off his influence, it's hard to see what would draw him back, without guarantees that simply won't be made while Roman is in charge.

dizlexik wrote:
Is Rafa really that bad? His stats are more or less the same as RDM.

This, like so much of the press coverage around the fans' reaction to Benetiz, misses the point so much it might as well be on another planet. See above, Imagine what the Man Utd fans would do if it was announced Wenger was taking over...they'd be apoplectic. By comparison, the Chelsea fans' reaction to a man who is quite possibly the manager who we hate the most, has been unbelievably polite.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:26 am 

I think Benitez could win the PL and still be treated the way he is by the fans. It goes back to when he was at Liverpool. Things he said. Never forgotten.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:41 pm 

great game yesterday!

LCFC 1 - 0 Boro!

fair play to all the fans that made it yesterday at the stadium, especially the Boro fans, wasn't a great day for traveling. Cold day in leicester y;day, so cold, my nuts went north for the winter!

great game, disallowed goals for leicester which was lame, and great penalty save by Kasper!

2nd in the league!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:55 pm 

Absolutely appalled by the sacking of Nigel Adkins. Goes to show how little most club chairmen actually know about football. If I were Pochettino I would be embarrassed to step into that dugout. As a neutral I actually liked Saints but now I hope they go down, it's what the board deserve even if the fans certainly don't.

I also heard that Pochettino doesn't even speak English? How is that ever going work out?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:46 pm 

Gutted, absolutely gutted about it. Cortese must be an absolute space cadet to get rid of Adkins. Can't see what on Earth he thinks some bloke who got sacked from Espanyol and can't speak English is going to suddenly improve us. I just hope I'm proved wrong but I'm not optimistic. Good luck to Adkins, he wont have any difficulty finding a job.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:11 pm 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eaway.html

Found this story on former Man City prodigy Michael Johnson a few days ago. I'd wondered what had happened to him.

It's really sad to see such a promising young player turn into an overweight, washed up shadow of his former self at the age of just 24. It looked like he was going to be a superstar but now it seems his career is over already. I don't like to judge because I don't exactly claim to know the facts about where it went wrong, but my perception is that he caused his own downfall. When you hear stories from people who say they saw him out drinking and partying most nights (even before his injury troubles) it's hard to sympathise. He claims to have had some mental problems over the past few years (the tragic story of Robert Enke a few years ago tells us that this is not a trivial matter) but I guess what we don't know is whether his lifestyle was the cause or the result of these problems.

Anyway he is still relatively young even by football standards and I really hope he can overcome whatever personal issues he's having, get himself back into shape and resurrect his career. It's not too late for him to have a second stab at being a professional footballer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:52 pm 

Just read it...
http://marouaneandmebyfeeneyone.blogspo ... g.html?m=0

You might have to copy and paste the link, I'm still trying to get used to my smartphone...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:23 am 

Banana Man wrote:
Gutted, absolutely gutted about it. Cortese must be an absolute space cadet to get rid of Adkins. Can't see what on Earth he thinks some bloke who got sacked from Espanyol and can't speak English is going to suddenly improve us. I just hope I'm proved wrong but I'm not optimistic. Good luck to Adkins, he wont have any difficulty finding a job.

Not sure about the English, but I understand that before this season Pottechetino had a good reputation at Espanyol having steered them up the table until he had to sell loads of players due to cash problems at the club.

I understand that even when he left the club (by mutual consent) the fans still loved him.

Gonna be interesting to see whether he can learn English quick, but it might not be the disaster most are expecting.

Besides, with points in the bag, surely there could be at least 3 teams below you come May (QPR?, Villa?, Wigan?)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:39 pm 

Eden Hazard, what a complete idiot. As stupid as the ball boy was, trying to kick the ball out from under him was a really stupid thing to do. Definite red. You just can't do something like that regardless.......

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 pm 

Wrong thing to do by Hazard..
However the ball boy also did wrong. Is this the future of football? Let's all train our ball boys to be fast in getting the ball and then putting yourself over it until the game is over. Charlie Morgan the ball boy in question Twitter prior to the game:

"Charlie Morgan™ ?@CHARLIEM0RGAN

The king of all ball boys is back making his final appearance #needed #for #timewasting "

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:34 pm 

the ball boy was a complete tit for what he did,
however, Hazards actions were unforgivable, i mean really, kicking a ball boy not on, defo red, and i imagine a pretty hefty ban

the ball boy should also be disciplined, for interfering with the game, their jobs to dish out the ball not to be a tit about it

but honestly what was hazard thinking

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:06 pm 

The ball boy was in the wrong and should not be allowed back again to do that job. However he will sell his story to the sun by tomorrow.

Ball Boyd have favoured home sides for years though although not always as obviously.

Hazard equals numpty.....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:20 pm 

Utterly insane thing for him to do, glad to see the FA have charged him with violent conduct...

The Ball Boy is a twerp...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:22 pm 

Too bad the joke that is FA can't be consistent though..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:32 pm 

Gothalamide wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Not sure about the English, but I understand that before this season Pottechetino had a good reputation at Espanyol having steered them up the table until he had to sell loads of players due to cash problems at the club.

I understand that even when he left the club (by mutual consent) the fans still loved him.

Gonna be interesting to see whether he can learn English quick, but it might not be the disaster most are expecting.

Besides, with points in the bag, surely there could be at least 3 teams below you come May (QPR?, Villa?, Wigan?)

We might well stay up purely on the basis of how bad QPR, Wigan, Reading and Villa are. You can probably add Newcastle, Norwich and West Ham to that list the way they are going too.

I notice Redknapp played his usual trick in the cup of sticking out a crap team against lower league opposition, then moaning about how he has such a weak squad when they get beat. Hate is such a strong word but I dislike that man on a truly astronomical scale.

P.S. :lol: @ Liverpool

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:54 pm 

Chelsea have to replay and both Spurs and Liverpool are out.... Not a good day for the EPL in the FA Cup today...