Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:17 pm 

Men at Work - Down Under

Pick 10 Podiums:
1st Place: USA 2012, Japan 2013
3rd Place: China 2014

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:17 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG-ahEP3EF0

Is it just me or has the new/stand in singer got a touch of the Xena: Warrior Princess about her?

We need a drooly smilie.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:33 am 

Tupac shakur unbelievable person who strived for equality no matter your race or color. Please don't go of his thuggish image take some time and look at this man, cuz the ones who ate crazy enough to think they can change the world, usually do- quote from apple tribute commercial to tupac. In his own words " I might not change the world, but I'll guarantee I'll spark the brain that will change the world". Rip tupac 1971-1996

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:38 pm 

Johnston wrote:

Is it just me or has the new/stand in singer got a touch of the Xena: Warrior Princess about her?

We need a drooly smilie.

That's Floor Jansens formerly of a band called after forever. worth checking out if you like her voice on this.

On topic: Metallica - Kill 'Em All

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:16 am 

Selah Sue. Also been to a gig recently.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:54 am 

Rachie_D wrote:
Just come back form a festival and have to admit one of my highlights was a band I despise but are a lot of fun live - Gallows!

After a song the lead singer said he wasn't feeling it, dropped the microphone and walked off stage. The crowd, band and people stood watching backstage were all at a loss. Band continued playing (while looking completely panicked) and I could see the people backstage talking to each other about whether they should go look for the lead singer. After about a minute he comes bounding back on stage covered in mud! Would love to be the person sat out back that just sees this big man run outside and swan dive into a puddle of mud!

It doesn't sound as good when you explain it but they really are awesome live just for the show - still hate their music!

I know this is from aaaages ago but by any chance was that 2000 trees festival? If so I was playing! Great festival, think we're playing the thursday night next year but it's not confirmed yet.

Know what you mean about Gallows, Wade is a great addition and with loads of energy but there's still something that doesn't sit right for me. Rather listen to Every time I die's new album if I want my shouty fix.

Currently listening to Deftones' new album. Some great stuff but not a patch on White Pony or Diamond Eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:25 pm 

Sevenfest wrote:
I know this is from aaaages ago but by any chance was that 2000 trees festival? If so I was playing! Great festival, think we're playing the thursday night next year but it's not confirmed yet.

Know what you mean about Gallows, Wade is a great addition and with loads of energy but there's still something that doesn't sit right for me. Rather listen to Every time I die's new album if I want my shouty fix.

Currently listening to Deftones' new album. Some great stuff but not a patch on White Pony or Diamond Eyes.

It was! What band are you in (the likeliness of me watching/remembering is slim but this is so exciting!!) It's actually the most amazing little festival, really want to go again next year. The perfect size/mix of people. And the food was incredible! :D

Spent my day playing Halo and forcing the family to listen to Tellison.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:56 pm 

After ignoring my music collection for a few days to be sociable, I've been at the albums in force today. Currently listening to weather systems by Anathema. It's a really awesome album, amazing to hear the progression of this band from their first album to this.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:04 pm 

Rachie_D wrote:
Sevenfest wrote:

It was! What band are you in (the likeliness of me watching/remembering is slim but this is so exciting!!) It's actually the most amazing little festival, really want to go again next year. The perfect size/mix of people. And the food was incredible! :D

Spent my day playing Halo and forcing the family to listen to Tellison.

I play bass for a band called Freeze The Atlantic - the drummer was the old drummer for Reuben and the guitarist was the bassist for Hundred Reasons. Was an awesome festival, first bigger one for me so I was a bit shellshocked but had fun! The food was great too, spent way too much time/money at the pieminister stand

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:11 pm 

Just been going through some old rock/metal albums to get mixing ideas and came across this 'classic', Judas Priest - Jugulator (with Ripper Owen rather than Rob Halford singing), the track listing is as follows:

1. "Jugulator"
2. "Blood Stained"
3. "Dead Meat"
4. "Death Row"
5. "Decapitate"
6. "Burn in Hell"
7. "Brain Dead"
8. "Abductors"

Some nice easy listening there :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:48 pm 

I'm going through a period of Brazilian funk (also known as funk carioca and baile funk). Most songs and especially lyrics can be pretty harsh, but I enjoy more melodic songs. This song doesn't get too "funky" until just after one minute, but it's an enjoyable listen from start to finish.

The song is "Diva" by Dennis Dj, Mc Marcinho and Mc K9, but you can find it right there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeClVUIL2Os

I've noticed many Brazilians aren't fans of this kind of music at all - how about the Brazilians on this forum? I'm unaware of what exactly music like this represents, and what role it plays in society. All I know for certain is that the genre reflects the poorer parts of society. I only listen to it because it's musically appealing (I don't even speak Portuguese), so I'm asking those who know better to share their knowledge about it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:28 am 

(very underrated band)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCZWwy10XDA

(another great band)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf_7mEPMIAc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QNT3Ew-bc8

(F###ing love this one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tCaGG8cPMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeWq9-RHalI

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:44 am 

Biffa wrote:

Nice bit of Incubus there! You a fan of the newer stuff Biffa? I know of people who don't like anything from Crow left of the murder onwards. Personally I like it all.

I got to see this live at the forum for the first and probably the last time a month back. One of the best gigs of my life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn27-UYkDII

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:56 pm 

Sevenfest wrote:
Biffa wrote:

Nice bit of Incubus there! You a fan of the newer stuff Biffa? I know of people who don't like anything from Crow left of the murder onwards. Personally I like it all.

I got to see this live at the forum for the first and probably the last time a month back. One of the best gigs of my life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn27-UYkDII

I've not actually got around to listening to their newer stuff :blush: but you've just reminded me that's something I must do! (got new ipod for Christmas so think I'll go and download something now :D )

Yes I've heard a few Hell is for Heroes tracks, sounds good, actually thought a couple of them sounded very similar to Incubus.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:39 pm 

Sevenfest wrote:
I play bass for a band called Freeze The Atlantic - the drummer was the old drummer for Reuben and the guitarist was the bassist for Hundred Reasons. Was an awesome festival, first bigger one for me so I was a bit shellshocked but had fun! The food was great too, spent way too much time/money at the pieminister stand

I've been informed that I did see you and you were (and I quote) pretty good! This is about as high a compliment as you can ever get so well done! Unfortunately I don't remember so will have to catch you again next year! Going to be going to 2000 Trees again no doubt, such an easy going festival :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:38 am 

Recently got into The Amity Affliction, a great Aussie post-hardcore band

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:56 pm 

Rachie_D wrote:
Sevenfest wrote:

I've been informed that I did see you and you were (and I quote) pretty good! This is about as high a compliment as you can ever get so well done! Unfortunately I don't remember so will have to catch you again next year! Going to be going to 2000 Trees again no doubt, such an easy going festival :D

Thanks very much!

It won't be for everyone, but check out a band called Future of the Left. Great sense of humour in their lyrics and some huge riffs. Just depends if you can get over his voice - I'm a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan so I have no problems!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:46 pm 

A little update of wax that's been spun recently...

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:35 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:36 pm 

Nickelback!!
lol kidding.. but really, why do people hate them?

I've been listening to Imagine Dragons lately. I love the songs "Radioactive" and "Demons."
Also been listening to Matchbox Twenty and some 90's stuff.

I couldn't believe it and I don't know how it happened, but I listened to a lot of Taylor Swift songs today! I even found some of them pretty good. I never listened to her before because I found her voice annoying and squeaky but I actually enjoyed some of her songs. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:26 pm 

Sevenfest wrote:
Thanks very much!

It won't be for everyone, but check out a band called Future of the Left. Great sense of humour in their lyrics and some huge riffs. Just depends if you can get over his voice - I'm a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan so I have no problems!

Ooo I do like the Smashing Pumpkins so should be alright with that. Will check them out later and report back :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:35 pm 

Jumping round the room like a lunatic to Anthrax Among the Living. Caught in a Mosh, I Am the Law, Indians... so many good songs on this album.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:54 am 

beyamei wrote:
Nickelback!!
lol kidding.. but really, why do people hate them?

I've been listening to Imagine Dragons lately. I love the songs "Radioactive" and "Demons."
Also been listening to Matchbox Twenty and some 90's stuff.

I couldn't believe it and I don't know how it happened, but I listened to a lot of Taylor Swift songs today! I even found some of them pretty good. I never listened to her before because I found her voice annoying and squeaky but I actually enjoyed some of her songs. :)

I dunno, there's nothing wrong with them. not a massive fan, but they've got a few cool songs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:57 pm 

I've never been a fan of film soundtrack music, but "Rocket Away" by Hans Zimmer, Nick Glennie-Smith and Harry Gregson-Williams from The Rock is great (as is the movie itself).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouu6fSsR9dc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:01 pm 

My Dying Bride - A Map of All Our Failures.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:27 pm 

Rival Schools - United by Fate.

Great album. Pity album 2 was mondo gash

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:04 pm 

Gonna make my way through these tonight.

Excellent set of songs.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-stanley-kiss-songs/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:54 am 

been listening to a lot of Thunder, specifically Love Walked In, but the whole Backstreet symphony album is on a lot lately.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:28 pm 

Supporter of Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Sergio Perez, Jenson Button, Red Bull, Sauber, Williams and Caterham.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 pm 

Dream Theater - Octavarium

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 pm 

Saz wrote:
Dream Theater - Octavarium

What do you think of that album? My favourite is Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. Then followed by either Images and Words or Metropolis pt. 2. Dream Theater are awesome. John Petrucci is one of the best guitarists in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:21 pm 

this and a bunch of other MJ songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm2BsOnAYcM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:34 pm 

Listening to this Jazz cover of Iron Man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EVBUCHJvVo

I love the weird drum solos and when they change it to a major key towards the end. I nearly died laughing at the last note.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:16 pm 

Recently found myself with a vinyl copy of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours. As it is one of my favourite albums it's been on a lot lately.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:00 am 

Hawkwind :) Space Ritual

We are disease upon the world, brotherhood of man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:35 pm 

Johnston wrote:

We need a drooly smilie.

Aye, she's a keeper (she can sing as well!)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:39 pm 

Opeth - Blackwater Park and Rhye - Open (a little opposite ends of the spectrum I know...)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:36 pm 

Apocalyptica - Amplified: A Decade of Reinventing the Cello.

Heavy Metal + Cello's = Awesome apparently

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:09 am 

Denorth wrote:
Hawkwind :) Space Ritual

Absolute class.
'What now, my brethren?'