planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:55 am 

This is probably the most amusing bit of news you'll read today:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10333211

"The man drove up to a Hell's Angels clubhouse near Munich, wearing only a pair of shorts and carrying a puppy.

He dropped his shorts and threw the dog, escaping on a bulldozer from a nearby building site."

I've been giggling at the thought for a good 20 minutes already.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:12 am 

I see this, a colleague sent it to me.

I'll raise it with this:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/respon ... re-looking

Great humour by the White House!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:21 am 

Haha I saw that petition and spread it around facebook a few weeks ago, great to read that response! I love how he's linked everything to Star Wars.
Both stories are fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:46 am 

Ha, yeah I saw that.

The White House's response was very amusing. I do approve of this sort of thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 am 

So if they don't do it, the UK can develop it and take over the world!

I agree, great sense of houmor and will only win votes this way. The German dude had balls (meaning no brains!)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:19 pm 

What is funny about animal abuse?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:54 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Do you really think that this is the part that he found funny in the whole story?

Really?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:07 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
I see this, a colleague sent it to me.

I'll raise it with this:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/respon ... re-looking

Great humour by the White House!

"However, look carefully (here's how) and you'll notice something already floating in the sky -- that's no Moon, it's a Space Station!"

Incredible line :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:10 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Do you really think that this is the part that he found funny in the whole story?

Really?

But even if some of the rest of the story is funny, I do also not find it as funny when you consider that part of the story involves "hurling" a puppy...

Takes a bit of the humour out of the whole story for me.

:-| :-| :-|

Now the US Death Star story is funny...

"The Administration does not support blowing up planets"

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Really?

When something is billed as the "most amusing piece of news you'll hear today" it would imply the whole story was a piece of harmless fun. This is a story about a mentally ill man having a break down in which he harms and animal and then does some things that - in isolation - would be funny. In the context of the story they are not.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:24 pm 

Gothalamide wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Really?

But even if some of the rest of the story is funny, I do also not find it as funny when you consider that part of the story involves "hurling" a puppy...

Why would they blow up something that likely contains oil :P :twisted:

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:29 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Really?

When something is billed as the "most amusing piece of news you'll hear today" it would imply the whole story was a piece of harmless fun. This is a story about a mentally ill man having a break down in which he harms and animal and then does some things that - in isolation - would be funny. In the context of the story they are not.

Do not shift the goal posts now. You mentioned the animal abuse. That is not the funny aspect of the article and no one said that they found it funny.

And no, he was not mentally ill, he suffered from depression and forgot his medication.

And no, the story doesn't mention that the puppy was harmed in any way.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:31 pm 

Gothalamide wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Really?

Oh I agree

The Death Star was a class answer. Bravo to them

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:45 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Really?

Cpt Buzz Kill and no i don't support animal violence,they said the dog was in animal shelter,didn't say anything about it being hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:52 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Really?

Do not shift the goal posts now. You mentioned the animal abuse. That is not the funny aspect of the article and no one said that they found it funny.

And no, he was not mentally ill, he suffered from depression and forgot his medication.

mac_d wrote:

"The man drove up to a Hell's Angels clubhouse near Munich, wearing only a pair of shorts and carrying a puppy.

He dropped his shorts and threw the dog,escaping on a bulldozer from a nearby building site."

If someone has been prescribed anti depressants then a doctor believes they are mentally ill.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:01 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:

Really?

mac_d wrote:

He dropped his shorts and threw the dog,escaping on a bulldozer from a nearby building site."

If someone has been prescribed anti depressants then a doctor believes they are mentally ill.

That's a direct quote of the article, not mac_d saying he found the puppy hurling funny.

And mental illness and mental disorder has many different levels and types.

I've had enough of this topic, I think you over reacted and also invented things to support your opinion. We can agree to disagree if nothing else

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:06 pm 

He should have thrown a tortoise, would have been much more effective.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:16 pm 

Wow, funny story thread blew out of proportion. Who needs a Death Star to destroy planets, internet forums will do it for us :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:52 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:

You really should not call Hells Angels animals, they may not like it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:12 pm 

moby wrote:

You really should not call Hells Angels animals, they may not like it.

:lol: :lol:

I saw this story. Glad the dog is unhurt. I also feel for the bloke, but I'm still giggling imagining the hell's angels looking at the puppy like "so....?" The hell's angels I know are great chaps anyway, so I'm sure they saw the amusing side.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:07 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:

I had just assumed that that the puppy survived and had been uninjured.

And the story, as is now, is an updated version of what I actually read yesterday morning. No listing of depression, no further information about the puppy. When I read it, the entire story was about 2 or 3 lines longer than what I originally quoted.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:49 pm 

mac_d wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:

I had just assumed that that the puppy survived and had been uninjured.

And the story, as is now, is an updated version of what I actually read yesterday morning. No listing of depression, no further information about the puppy. When I read it, the entire story was about 2 or 3 lines longer than what I originally quoted.

I suppose it's a matter of interpretation. If the story was interpreted as the puppy was thrown and one of them caught it, or was thrown in the same way you'd "throw" your cat outside if it was misbehaving (ie in such a way it would not be harmed) then I guess that the story would come across as funny, as there was no harm or intent to harm and the entire incident would have been very random.

However I clicked on the link and saw the headline "Puppy thrown at German biker gang" and the image in my head was of someone running up to a load of bikers, throwing a puppy at them (from a safe distance) and then running away. Which would not be funny.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:32 pm 

I don't find someone throwing a defenceless puppy because they are suffering from a mental illness amusing at all.

Each to their own I suppose.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:07 pm 

I'd like to add my thoughts here, which are simply:

A puppy getting thrown is not funny. However, the pure surreal nature of all the different events combined is funny.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:19 pm 

I don't think this is funny.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:11 am 

Laura23 wrote:
I don't find someone throwing a defenceless puppy because they are suffering from a mental illness amusing at all.

Wow some of u take fairy cakes too seriously. ...who says throwing a puppy is funny? The whole story bar the puppy throwing was funny, I mean its not everyday u see someone mooning one of the baddest gangs ever then trying to run away in a bulldozer...I found that part to be the funniest part of the story..I dont know why u guys are fixated on a thrown dog tbat wasnt hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:36 am 

nike2die4 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Wow some of u take fairy cakes too seriously. ...who says throwing a puppy is funny? The whole story bar the puppy throwing was funny, I mean its not everyday u see someone mooning one of the baddest gangs ever then trying to run away in a bulldozer...I found that part to be the funniest part of the story..I dont know why u guys are fixated on a thrown dog tbat wasnt hurt.

Nothing about it was funny IMO. The guy was clearly not in his right mind and I won't laugh at someone who is mentally ill. Some of my family suffer from mental illness so I know it isn't something to be laughed at at all. I think a mentally ill man trying to drive a bulldozer is a serious matter because had he been successful who knows what kind of carnage could have ensued.

Sorry if that doesn't meet your standards Nike but I'm entitled to my own opinion on the matter.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:01 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Nothing about it was funny IMO. The guy was clearly not in his right mind and I won't laugh at someone who is mentally ill. Some of my family suffer from mental illness so I know it isn't something to be laughed at at all. I think a mentally ill man trying to drive a bulldozer is a serious matter because had he been successful who knows what kind of carnage could have ensued.

Sorry if that doesn't meet your standards Nike but I'm entitled to my own opinion on the matter.

I have family members who suffer from depression as well but that doesny mean I csnt laugh at a funny experience, am not gonna stay here and be what ifing something that didnt happen...each to their own, am also sorry this story didn't meet up to ur standards of amusement :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:08 pm 

Laura and the rest,

We're all intelligent people here. As I asked Alien earlier on, do you really think that the puppy hurling and mental illnesses is what people found funny? Alien even invented that the puppy was hurt to support his claim, when there was no such report.

I don't think that one needs to explain what one found funny and what not, but what the hell; I agree with Nike, going to the most badass gang and mooning them or trying to get away in the slowest vehicle of the plannet - creating a 5 km queue on the motorway - I find this funny. Not because the person has mental issues. The act itself was funny.

Even if someone did find the puppy hurling and the illness funny, it's their opinion and they are entitled to have it; just like you do.

Had enough with this thread now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:20 pm 

I wudnt want to be the comedian entertaining some folks on here. ..talk about a bad day in the office lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:23 pm 

nike2die4 wrote:
I wudnt want to be the comedian entertaining some folks on here. ..talk about a bad day in the office lol

I find it insulting now that everything you do you are labelled as "pick your own here". You have to spell it out nowadays, whatever you mean, as if not to insult someone. It's becoming tiresome and I wouldn't expect it from some of the most intelligent posters here.

Anyway, I won't post again in this thread, it's a dead horse now (no disrespect to the Tesco burgers intended!)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:

I find it insulting now that everything you do you are labelled as "pick your own here". You have to spell it out nowadays, whatever you mean, as if not to insult someone. It's becoming tiresome and I wouldn't expect it from some of the most intelligent posters here.

Anyway, I won't post again in this thread, it's a dead horse now (no disrespect to the Tesco burgers intended!)

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 pm 

Meh. I said I don't find it funny and that should have been the end of it really. I have my opinion, you have yours. The end.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:20 pm 

To reiterate for those that didn't find this amusing -
When I posted this the article was in it's original state, not the version you see now. There was no mention of mental illness. No mention of the puppy being taken in by animal shelters. etc.

Secondly, my own interpretation was that the puppy wasn't hurt (which may or may not be the case).

The whole thing was just so surreal that I found it funny.

However, in future I shall refrain from posting things like this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:50 pm 

mac_d wrote:
When I posted this the article was in it's original state, not the version you see now. There was no mention of mental illness. No mention of the puppy being taken in by animal shelters. etc.

Secondly, my own interpretation was that the puppy wasn't hurt (which may or may not be the case).

Yes, please dont post anything that anyone else may find funny, we don't want to upset those that won't find it funny. I think the joke thread should be closed too.

I personally am glad you posted it as I found it very amusing. And if they want to deduct from that statement that I laugh at animal abuse or the mental state of people, then that's for them to decide. Though my three rescue dogs and disabled support work would ruin that theory :P

Does anyone know WHY he mooned the bikers?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:52 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
mac_d wrote:

Yes, please dont post anything that anyone else may find funny, we don't want to upset those that won't find it funny. I think the joke thread should be closed too.

I personally am glad you posted it as I found it very amusing. And if they want to deduct from that statement that I laugh at animal abuse or the mental state of people, then that's for them to decide. Though my three rescue dogs and disabled support work would ruin that theory :P

He thought it might be funny... He was wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:55 pm 

Rachie_D wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
mac_d wrote:

He thought it might be funny... He was wrong.

Depends who you ask haha.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:02 pm 

minchy wrote:
I'd like to add my thoughts here, which are simply:

A puppy getting thrown is not funny. However, the pure surreal nature of all the different events combined is funny.

This.

I do love it when people get all high and mighty though and say "you can't laugh at that".

"It's hammer time!"

British Driver Supporter (and Daniel Ricciardo)

Greg Moore - Dan Wheldon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:02 pm 

mac_d wrote:

U shouldn't.....some of us actually enjoyed reading it