planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:17 pm 

ThreeEightOne wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:
Isnt the CC in the same class as the new 3 series? Though the BMW is a bit more expensive but not by much

Brand new yes, but I bought mine used for 16,000 CAN$, instead of 35,000. The CC has been my dream car since I first saw it in mid-2008 too.

fieldstvl wrote:
Is there something funny going on with the camber of the rear wheels...?

They call it "stance", or "Hellaflush", or "Form over Function", etc. And I don't like it much either. Drives like fairy cakes too.

wow that's a steal!,what yr is yours? my friend got one like yours and after taxes,it cost about 20 grand and change though his own was fully loaded with the navi and all the fancy stuffs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:18 pm 

nike2die4 wrote:
wow that's a steal!,what yr is yours? my friend got one like yours and after taxes,it cost about 20 grand and change though his own was fully loaded with the navi and all the fancy stuffs.

2009, mine has everything, except for NAV & HIDs (a thing I hate anyway).

EDIT: Mine has the 2.0T, what's in your friend's car?

Supporter of Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Sergio Perez, Jenson Button, Red Bull, Sauber, Williams and Caterham.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:56 pm 

:lol: I never thought I'd see a stancew0rkzzzzzz car on the f1 forum.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:40 pm 

ashley313 wrote:

:lol: Some of them aren't that bad looking, but I'd never do that to my car.

Supporter of Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Sergio Perez, Jenson Button, Red Bull, Sauber, Williams and Caterham.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:13 pm 

ThreeEightOne wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:

2009, mine has everything, except for NAV & HIDs (a thing I hate anyway).

EDIT: Mine has the 2.0T, what's in your friend's car?

his own is a 09 2.0T as well,funny enough he actually bought the car in Laval Volkswagen,in Toronto he would have paid close to 23-25grand for the same car.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:27 am 

nike2die4 wrote:
his own is a 09 2.0T as well,funny enough he actually bought the car in Laval Volkswagen,in Toronto he would have paid close to 23-25grand for the same car.

I bought mine in Montreal! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:53 am 

ThreeEightOne wrote:
ashley313 wrote:

It must handle like a piece of crap.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:56 am 

fieldstvl wrote:
ThreeEightOne wrote:
ashley313 wrote:

It must handle like a piece of crap.

i bet!...i don't know why people do that fairy cakes to their cars,you payed alot of money for the car then go on to ruin it lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:17 pm 

I don't judge people on what they do to their car though; they pay for it so they can do pretty much what they want to do to them, in short: whatever floats their boat. And it's a car culture phase, much like big V8s and flames in the '60s & '70s, lime green paint jobs and neons in 2001, etc.

And yes it handles like crap. While a few degrees of negative camber will improve cornering and slightly harm straight line stability, crazy camber will seriously harm both cornering and straight line stability.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:29 pm 

ThreeEightOne wrote:
I don't judge people on what they do to their car though; they pay for it so they can do pretty much what they want to do to them, in short: whatever floats their boat. And it's a car culture phase, much like big V8s and flames in the '60s & '70s, lime green paint jobs and neons in 2001, etc.

And yes it handles like crap. While a few degrees of negative camber will improve cornering and slightly harm straight line stability, crazy camber will seriously harm both cornering and straight line stability.

i know,am just saying it's weird that people do that after spending tons of money on it....ah well like you say,whatever floats their boats lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:17 pm 

nike2die4 wrote:
ThreeEightOne wrote:

i know,am just saying it's weird that people do that after spending tons of money on it....ah well like you say,whatever floats their boats lol.

It just seems an odd thing to take a perfectly serviceable car and make it worse.

Anyway... this is the car I drive and own.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:48 pm 

Testarossa wrote:

With such a name, you let me down!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:03 pm 

Testarossa wrote:

Wow that's some massive wheel gap! :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:31 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
Testarossa wrote:

agreed :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:16 pm 

What do you guys think of this baby?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:32 pm 

ThreeEightOne wrote:
What do you guys think of this baby?

Honestly, I think that looks ridiculous. I'd look like a complete tool if I ever drove one. What's with the four exhausts?? And do they still fit leaf spring suspension to those things?

Also the steering wheel is on the wrong side :-P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:54 pm 

j man wrote:
And do they still fit leaf spring suspension to those things?

You obviously don't know much about fast cars if you think the Corvette's transverse leafsprings setup is a bad thing; top-level transverse leafsprings setups are just as good as any other top-level setups. It's all about the tuning of the setup, not the setup itself. The C6 Z06 (not even the ZR1 with ~130hp more) clocks Laguna Seca in 1:34.43, on transverse leafsprings, while the 911 GT3 RS does it in 1:36.77, the Lexus LFA in 1:36.39, the Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca in 1:41.06, the Porsche Cayman R in 1:41.64, and the Lotus Evora S in 1:42.49. You can hate as much as you want, but C6 & C7 Corvettes are awesome (except the C6 interior) for the price.

ZR1 time roung Laguna Seca: 1:33.70, and it's the current track record for production cars.

j man wrote:

In 74 countries it is, in 166 countries it ain't.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:34 pm 

I am not yet sure whether I like the body styling as much as the C6, but I will wait until I see it in person before making a decision.

However, threeEightOne is right on when it comes to the competitiveness and value of the Corvette relative to it's competition. If it were made in Italy, Germany or the UK, the car's greatness would not be questioned. However, though it is a Chevrolet, it is a world class performer at a fraction of what most of its competition cost.

Because of my long-standing fan status of Ferrari, If I could afford either, I would buy a Ferrari... if for no other reason than to listen to that engine. But is it worth 3x the price of a Corvette in value? Not likely.
:)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:55 pm 

Blake wrote:
I am not yet sure whether I like the body styling as much as the C6, but I will wait until I see it in person before making a decision.

However, threeEightOne is right on when it comes to the competitiveness and value of the Corvette relative to it's competition. If it were made in Italy, Germany or the UK, the car's greatness would not be questioned. However, though it is a Chevrolet, it is a world class performer at a fraction of what most of its competition cost.

Because of my long-standing fan status of Ferrari, If I could afford either, I would buy a Ferrari... if for no other reason than to listen to that engine. But is it worth 3x the price of a Corvette in value? Not likely.
:)

what i like about this is that it doesn't have that stupid generic Chevy interior that they all used to have,that used to drive me nuts,i love the C5 till i entered it and it felt like i was sitting in a GMC work van lol....am not really a fan of this new one exterior though,the back looks too much like a Camaro to me and the front looks somewhat confused so for me the C5 still wins.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:42 am 

That Corvette looks like a Ferrari California.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:29 pm 

fieldstvl wrote:

It just seems an odd thing to take a perfectly serviceable car and make it worse.

Did I see that in Classic Ford?

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:21 pm 

ThreeEightOne wrote:
j man wrote:
And do they still fit leaf spring suspension to those things?

You obviously don't know much about fast cars if you think the Corvette's transverse leafsprings setup is a bad thing; top-level transverse leafsprings setups are just as good as any other top-level setups. It's all about the tuning of the setup, not the setup itself. The C6 Z06 (not even the ZR1 with ~130hp more) clocks Laguna Seca in 1:34.43, on transverse leafsprings, while the 911 GT3 RS does it in 1:36.77, the Lexus LFA in 1:36.39, the Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca in 1:41.06, the Porsche Cayman R in 1:41.64, and the Lotus Evora S in 1:42.49. You can hate as much as you want, but C6 & C7 Corvettes are awesome (except the C6 interior) for the price.

ZR1 time roung Laguna Seca: 1:33.70, and it's the current track record for production cars.

j man wrote:

In 74 countries it is, in 166 countries it ain't.

That's debateable. More likely 73 as Malta claims to drive "in the shade" :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:50 am 

2001 jaguar xjr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:10 am 

Johnston wrote:
fieldstvl wrote:

Did I see that in Classic Ford?

Yes, you would have done :-P

I think it was the August or September 2011 issue.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:15 pm 

8cylinder wrote:
2001 jaguar xjr

Crazy engine you got there! That thing is quick on a straight line. Suffered reliability problems yet?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:56 pm 

No its been great to be honest,reliable and great fun to drive.
Always puts a smile on my face when i put the foot down,really quick in sport mode.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:50 pm 

nike2die4 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Testarossa wrote:

agreed :lol:

:D :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:43 pm 

Wow... Jaguars, Datsun 280Z, Rolls-royces, vintage cars, people have great taste in cars around here, and i won't dissapoint.

I drive a Mercedes 500SEC just like this one:

German muscle. Believe it or not, it handles really well. Tends to oversteer a little bit, but it is easy to correct.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:42 am 

Blake wrote:
My Christmas gift to myself..... A 1980 Datsun... some might remember the pre-Nissan days, 280ZX. Just a "toy" but it should be great fun this summer. Most of the time however, either I am using my rather mundane Impala or riding one of the Yamahas. Who says 65 is old?
:lol:

As for the Alfas in the US, they are coming, I believe, either as Alfas or under the Chrysler badge. I seem to remember reading that the 2013 Dodge Dart has a lot of Alfa in it???

:thumbup: Great car Blake. My husband & I used to own a red 1983 280ZX. We loved that car & have many fond memories of driving around on a summer day with the T-tops off. The only downside was when we had to give a lift to someone as I always used to end up being the one squashed up in the back seat. And climbing in & out of the back in a dress was definitely not elegant. We reluctantly sold it when we found we needed a car that fitted more than two people comfortably plus we didn’t have the garage space, at that time, to house two cars but we did make sure that it went to a good home :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:09 pm 

Thanks, DrG.

I am getting antsy as can be waiting for the time I can get it out of winter storage and start enjoying it. Did you own the 2+2 version, as mine does not have a back seat, only a shelf. I have to admit that the idea of watching a lady climbing into the back in a dress is intriguing!
;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:40 pm 

[quote="flavio81"

.[/quote]
i love this car,i prefer the 500SEL/600SEL though but still a wonderful car you got there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:03 am 

Blake wrote:
Thanks, DrG.

I am getting antsy as can be waiting for the time I can get it out of winter storage and start enjoying it. Did you own the 2+2 version, as mine does not have a back seat, only a shelf. I have to admit that the idea of watching a lady climbing into the back in a dress is intriguing!
;)

Yes, it was the 2+2 so it had a proper back seat which was really comfortable. There just wasn’t much legroom so you either ended up with your knees up around your ears (not a good look) or had to sit slightly sideways so that your legs were along the seat. It was ok for kids though & our nieces & nephews loved being driven around in it especially if we had the T-tops off.

It was not only a great car to drive but it was also great for long trips. We used to drive up to the country a lot in those days & it was really comfortable plus it was quite advanced for that time with electric windows, electric side mirrors etc. I can remember a work colleague coming over to our place so that I could help him with his Master’s thesis & he had just bought a brand new Toyota Celica. When he was leaving he asked if he could have a look at our car. He not only sat in it but he had a drive as well. Afterwards he asked us if we wanted to swap cars :lol: .

As for dresses, I was a lot younger in those days & my dresses were shorter as well so clambering in & out of the back meant I had to also try & make sure I wasn’t showing my underwear off to every man & his dog, so to speak. Not an easy thing to do :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:31 pm 

Sorry to resurrect a thread that has fallen down the board, but I figured it was better to keep it in an open topic than create a new one!

http://data.motor-talk.de/data/gallerie ... -10840.jpg

I was wondering whether anyone has had any experiences with Seat's? I have owned 3 Vauxhall's in a row, and had nothing but trouble with them. I am now in the position to buy one of these from a friend. But I was just wondering what peoples opinions on them were?

I love the car, but dont have much experience with its 1.8 20V engine? Are these reliable? Prone to fixing? Whats reliability like? My friend has had it since new, and has only lodged 42k miles on it, but I know that he has had to replace the Turbo at 39k (was done under Seat warranty). Other than that, he reports its only a case of Tyres, Breaks etc.

Any advice?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:20 pm 

2006 Landie Freelander HSE 2.0 - with the 3.2 liter petrol engine. 0-60 in a little over 8 secs, which for a full-time 4 wheel drive is pretty good. The 22mpg isn't great, but the fact that it was available used for £3000 less than the same condition in diesel makes up for that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:48 pm 

Old school Fords FTW!

I bought this a few of years back, the chassis number ended in 001 so I did a bit of research and it turned out that this was the first ever RHD example made... Had to sell it in the end so I could move house... :-((

And this one I had a few more years ago...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:41 pm 

My boring but quality BMW Diesel next to my mates Lotus Elise, not boring

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:07 pm 

flavio81 wrote:
Wow... Jaguars, Datsun 280Z, Rolls-royces, vintage cars, people have great taste in cars around here, and i won't dissapoint.

I drive a Mercedes 500SEC just like this one:

German muscle. Believe it or not, it handles really well. Tends to oversteer a little bit, but it is easy to correct.

Yes mate, biiiig car! Fancy getting one myself actually.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:32 pm 

I will see about uploading actual pics of my cars when i am not at work but the colors and years are correct.
The daily driver SVT Focus/ST170

My weekend warrior. Mine is Pullied/Tuned/Intake/Exhaust/Xpipe and makes 461whp & 475wtq

When the SVT Focus finally poops the bed I will prob look at a fiesta ST or a Focus ST. I have heard good things.

SENNA

PF1 Competition
2 Podium finishes - 2nd in Bahrain '13, 1st in Hungary '13
7th place in 2014
41st place in 2013

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:45 pm 

Got this brand new in September. Already put 9000 miles on it.