planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:52 pm 

i am a barca fan since 2000 but this season 2012-2013 they took the passing to a whole new ridiculous level . all i see in any barca match is iniesta passing to xavi , xavi passing to busquets , busquets to messi and then messi back to xavi ridiculously unbelievably boring, really i get bored of my ass watching them 5 minutes let alone a whole game. football is my number 1 sport ever i started watching it when i was 5 or 6 and never stopped.
i mean for fu** sake if i wanted to watch players passing the ball to each other , i would have gone to a training session.
the matches are so one sided that i dont enjoy it anymore and what the matter with messi . although he is scoring a lot more goals than last year but he doesn't make any of his magic dribbling anymore. it seems that he now knows the ultimate formula of scoring goals and just apply it every match.

I don't like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:26 pm 

Love him or hate him, but I think the EPL lost a character today when Balotelli signed for Milan. I've always enjoyed seeing him play. Or even not playing trying to put a bib on. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:04 pm 

Good riddance I say...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:00 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
Good riddance I say...

I have to agree. He was entertaining to start with but now I'm glad to see the back of him, his behaviour at times was simply embarrassing. I am astounded that Milan were willing to pay £20million for a player who did usually more harm than good while at City.

I'm sure we all have our favourite Balotelli moment from the past couple of years though. Mine has to be his response when the police questioned him on why he had £20000 in cash in his car.

"Because I am rich"

Genius. And to be fair, the truth.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:06 pm 

Best Balotelli moment probably has to be him dressing up as Santa and giving money to homeless people around Christmas. Highlights what he is about. Not necessarily malicious, just someone who never truly grew up. Unlike lots of other sportsmen though, he doesn't care about trying to hide it. He just is what he is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:26 pm 

And so, City sell Balotelli then fail to beat QPR....

Let's hope we don't screw up tomorrow against Southampton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:13 pm 

As a Dynamo Kiev fan I will always remember his contribution to our Europa League tie a couple of years ago. Subbed off in the first leg because he is apparently allergic to Ukrainian grass and sent off for a ridiculous high challenge in the second leg.

Bored with him now though, he is just another moderately tallented muppet like Barton.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:02 pm 

great!

50 seconds into the game and Pique already has a yellow!

edit:

1-1 final score, what a fantastic game!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:08 pm 

Oh dear god. If Rafa isn't sacked in the morning I don't know what I'll do..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:16 pm 

Just wake me up in June, please.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:23 pm 

Mad night of football...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:26 pm 

Arsenal's squad is wafer thin at the moment, and the club are not taking the transfer window seriously. As things stand:

No second choice goalkeeper. Mannone is terrible, Martinez is terrible, Fabianski is terrible and has been frozen out.

Gibbs is injured, so no left back. Andre Santos is awful. Wouldn't get into a League 2 side.

Our captain is in horrible form, but is undroppable it seems. The defensive unit as a whole has no organisation either.

Sagna is in Eboue mode with less effort. Jenkinson is about to go to Stoke on loan, leaves us with either CMer Francis Coquelin at right back, 19 year old CM turned RB Nico Yennaris or 17 year old, never played for the first team Hector Bellerin.

What's the club doing in the transfer market? Trying to sign a striker. David Villa being that striker. The guy who's scored 20 goals a season for 12 years, except the one he broke his leg in, and has a strike rate of about 1 in 2. And even then we tried to sign him by bidding £8m. Or about £4m less than 3 seasons of top flight football Olivier Giroud. Would almost be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:27 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
Mad night of football...

It could very well be this round you guys won the title..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:40 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
SDLRob wrote:
Mad night of football...

It could very well be this round you guys won the title..

If it hadn't been for that fustercluck against Everton last season and it would have been ours then as well.... It's never over till it's over... Fat lady and all that... Counting chickens and all the other clichés...

I have to say, and I apologise Mr E, I'm really glad I added La Fondre to my Fantasy Football team the other week :lol:

I say it every season, but Wenger cannot stay in the job if things don't Improve soon...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:55 pm 

Sadly I was working and missed the Saints game. Gutted we didn't get a point based on our 2nd half performance but Wigan away at the weekend is the big one we're all interested in.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:03 pm 

huggybear wrote:
Andre Santos is awful. Wouldn't get into a League 2 side.

As a supporter of a League 2 side I beg to differ. I have watched Anthony Straker unsuccessfully try to pass a football on numerous occasions. Thank god we got rid of him last summer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:48 pm 

Mr-E wrote:

Yeh lets change coach every few months, so no serious coach will ever consider coming there.

But seriously let him at least end this season. Top 4 should be aim.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:04 am 

dizlexik wrote:
Mr-E wrote:

Yeh lets change coach every few months, so no serious coach will ever consider coming there.

I agree Chelsea's handling of coaches is ridiculous and normally I wouldn't want a coach to leave this quickly, but FSW has no business in my club.
I would take AVB and Grant any day over him. He's not wanted. He should leave.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:18 am 

Mr-E wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
Mr-E wrote:

I agree Chelsea's handling of coaches is ridiculous and normally I wouldn't want a coach to leave this quickly, but FSW has no business in my club.

I'm probably being really dense, but who/what is FSW?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 am 

vikz22 wrote:
Mr-E wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
Mr-E wrote:

Benitez ... Aka Fat Spanish Waiter...

I don't see it TBH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:39 am 
Sunderland AFC and Portland Timbers for life! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 pm 

Looks to be a pretty slow last day of transfer window.. Latest "big thing" rumor is Beckham to PSG.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:12 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
Looks to be a pretty slow last day of transfer window.. Latest "big thing" rumor is Beckham to PSG.

I guess most of the betting is on how many players come in + leave QPR today...

Apparently, rumours are that with incoming players like Samba, QPR are heading towards a wage to turnover ratio of 175%

8O 8O 8O

(For those who don't know, it's recommended to be no more than 50% - 175% means they are spending 1.75 times the amount of money they are bringing in - IE having income of 50mill and spending 87.5 mill on wages)

8O 8O 8O

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:37 pm 

j man wrote:
huggybear wrote:
Andre Santos is awful. Wouldn't get into a League 2 side.

As a supporter of a League 2 side I beg to differ. I have watched Anthony Straker unsuccessfully try to pass a football on numerous occasions. Thank god we got rid of him last summer.

Andre Santos couldn't run despite playing only 55 minutes of football against Liverpool. With a 15 minute break in the middle of that 55 minutes. He makes Jamie Carragher look like Usain Bolt.

Maybe not quite incapable of getting into a League 2 side, but a very very poor player nonetheless. Possibly Wenger's worst defender ever (and this is the guy who bought Igor Stepanovs)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:00 pm 

Stoke sign both Butland and Crouch (I believe), though the former is staying at Birmingham till the end of the season...

And I'm hearing twitter rumours from a few footballing accounts that Arsenal might be about to drop £10M on Nacho Monreal...

Liverpool might also be about to bring Stekelenburg on loan with a view to a permanent role...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:08 pm 

Nacho Monreal fee is supposed to be 10ME, not £. I've loved this rumour today. Can't wait to get rid of Andre Santos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:08 pm 

Nacho Monreal fee is supposed to be 10ME, not £. I've loved this rumour today. Can't wait to get rid of Andre Santos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:29 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
Mr-E wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
Mr-E wrote:

Benitez ... Aka Fat Spanish Waiter...

I don't see it TBH

Does this help?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 am 

If Christopher Samba sees out his QPR contract it will cost them £35m. That is just mental, I really hope QPR go down. They symbolise everything I hate about football. Spending ridiculous amounts of cash they haven't got on overrated foreign mercenaries. Christ knows what Fernandes is doing there, he is going to have to chuck lorry loads of cash at QPR just to keep them afloat, even if they do stay up. Makes me sick that a more sensibly managed club like Norwich, Southampton or Reading could go down thanks to QPRs financial recklessness.

Oh and Harry Redknapp, I hate him with a passion. This is what he told the media barely a month ago

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ges-at-QPR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:50 am 

SDLRob wrote:
Stoke sign both Butland and Crouch (I believe), though the former is staying at Birmingham till the end of the season...

And I'm hearing twitter rumours from a few footballing accounts that Arsenal might be about to drop £10M on Nacho Monreal...

Liverpool might also be about to bring Stekelenburg on loan with a view to a permanent role...

Crouch already was at Stoke...

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:38 pm 

Gothalamide wrote:
SDLRob wrote:

D'OH!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:06 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
Gothalamide wrote:
SDLRob wrote:

D'OH!!!!!

QPR wanted him, but Stoke kept him...

Gotta say, the Odemwingie saga was ridiculous...

He turned up at QPR with his agent thinking a deal had been agreed, only to find out the clubs hadn't and he wasn't allowed in. Now been told to stay away from WBA training for a week while things settle down...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:51 pm 

Gothalamide wrote:
SDLRob wrote:
Gothalamide wrote:
SDLRob wrote:

D'OH!!!!!

QPR wanted him, but Stoke kept him...

Gotta say, the Odemwingie saga was ridiculous...

He turned up at QPR with his agent thinking a deal had been agreed, only to find out the clubs hadn't and he wasn't allowed in. Now been told to stay away from WBA training for a week while things settle down...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That might be a good thing.. Imagine him the first training back.. Embarrassing is one word to describe it. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:42 am 

Banana Man wrote:
If Christopher Samba sees out his QPR contract it will cost them £35m. That is just mental, I really hope QPR go down. They symbolise everything I hate about football. Spending ridiculous amounts of cash they haven't got on overrated foreign mercenaries. Christ knows what Fernandes is doing there, he is going to have to chuck lorry loads of cash at QPR just to keep them afloat, even if they do stay up. Makes me sick that a more sensibly managed club like Norwich, Southampton or Reading could go down thanks to QPRs financial recklessness.

Oh and Harry Redknapp, I hate him with a passion. This is what he told the media barely a month ago

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ges-at-QPR

I think QPR are going the same way as Portsmouth. They are making exactly the same mistakes and once Fernandes stops putting the money in they in they're screwed; the 175% wage-turnover figure quoted above is just beyond stupid. They might stay up this season but I'd be willing to bet that in 5 years time the likes of Norwich, Southampton and Reading will be in FAR better shape. That's if QPR even exist at all by then.

I'd also have to seriously call into question Tony Fernandes's business nous. He has done an atrocious job of running QPR, and his ownership of Caterham F1 is doing little better. Most successful businessmen will know that throwing more money at a problem is not the way to solve it. With the sort of financial mess he's put QPR into I really do wonder how on earth he made his money? And with the amount he's pissing down the drain at the moment I'd really question how much longer he can keep it up.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:42 pm 

Hartlepool won 2-1 today. Nothing interesting you may think....

However, their goal scores were called Hartley and Poole! I kid you not......

Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:04 pm 

Heard that during the MUFC game... Wonder what the odds are of a teams scorers making up the name of the club?

Missed listening to the first half of the MUFC game, so I missed the floodlight failure, but it sounded like we were really on edge during the second half and were lucky to win...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:14 am 

j man wrote:
I think QPR are going the same way as Portsmouth. They are making exactly the same mistakes and once Fernandes stops putting the money in they in they're screwed; the 175% wage-turnover figure quoted above is just beyond stupid. They might stay up this season but I'd be willing to bet that in 5 years time the likes of Norwich, Southampton and Reading will be in FAR better shape. That's if QPR even exist at all by then.

I'd also have to seriously call into question Tony Fernandes's business nous. He has done an atrocious job of running QPR, and his ownership of Caterham F1 is doing little better. Most successful businessmen will know that throwing more money at a problem is not the way to solve it. With the sort of financial mess he's put QPR into I really do wonder how on earth he made his money? And with the amount he's pissing down the drain at the moment I'd really question how much longer he can keep it up.

They are going to be so screwed if they go down. All of their squad is on high wages, and they aren't good players mostly. No one will want them and have to pay their ridiculously inflated wages on top of the transfer fees. £12.5m for Chris Samba and 100k a week (which is more than the entire Arsenal squad except Theo Walcott and Lukas Podolski) is insane, and they'll never be able to shift him.
They'll only really be able to shift Loic Remy, Julio Cesar, Esteban Granero, Alejandro Faurlin and maybe Adel Taarabt.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:24 pm 

The Baggies players have already got a shirt hanging up in the Hawthorns. Rather predictably, it is Rangers' blue and white hoops, rather than Albion's stripes though. Ouch.

That is funny :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:38 pm 

He is going to be taunted for months...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:50 pm 

I'm not normally one to gloat but us Saints fans don't get that many chances.

Man City, you have just been SPANKED by a far better team. We played them off the pitch for 95 minutes. If any Utd fans want to buy me a pint, I'm open to all offers. :D