planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Annoyances
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:29 pm 

People who say things like "I'm 110% sure" I want to slap them to shut them up right away!!

Last edited by pubpokerplayer on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:11 pm 

Gothalamide wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:
Annoyed that they are replacing the Iron Monopoly piece with a cat...

Completely unnecessary and a waste of money imo. I know it was an old fashioned iron, but update to a modern iron, not change it to a bloody cat!

You say that like it's the first time they've done it... I think you'll find they've done it throughout the years. And why not have a cat? Something for cat lovers to use when dog lovers have had the Scottie dog for years...

Besides, they are replacing the Iron because that was the piece chosen by fans to be replaced. And the cat was chosen via the same method. You might not like cats, but millions out there do. And they voted...

Gotta change with the times...

:D :D :D

A tad confused why they put up a vote to change a piece to start with. Who said there was anything wrong with it?

That's the best bit, i love cats! But I'm a tad annoyed about it. I know I'm making a big deal out of this, but it's friday, and everything annoys me on a friday xD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:57 pm 

When nobody picks the questions I want to answer in the final round of Pointless. Grrr!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:59 pm 

Rachie_D wrote:
When nobody picks the questions I want to answer in the final round of Pointless. Grrr!

I got a pointless answer!!!! :D :D

i chose Four Brothers (although admitting that i've seen this movie doesn't exactly fill me with joy)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:16 am 

vikz22 wrote:
Rachie_D wrote:

I got a pointless answer!!!! :D :D

i chose Four Brothers (although admitting that i've seen this movie doesn't exactly fill me with joy)

Haha nicely done. Final round pointless's are the only way to enjoy a day. Being not much (at all) a Whalberg fan all I could come up with was The Departed.

Also, having just googled four brothers I have to admit I got Four Brothers and Two Brothers mixed up. From the looks of things they are VERY different films.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:58 pm 

In the wake, as it were, of the Russian meteorite and, thankfully, no fatalities this always irritates me: "Death toll still rising"
What else is it going to do? "500 dead in disaster...Oh wait this one's still twitching. 499 dead in disaster" Or to put it another way "Some of the injured are not going to make it so near ones and dear ones revise your Christmas card list"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:28 pm 

painless wrote:
In the wake, as it were, of the Russian meteorite and, thankfully, no fatalities this always irritates me: "Death toll still rising"
What else is it going to do? "500 dead in disaster...Oh wait this one's still twitching. 499 dead in disaster" Or to put it another way "Some of the injured are not going to make it so near ones and dear ones revise your Christmas card list"

That has to be about the most crap way to check out. A rock thrown from some random point millions (or even more ) of years ago falls on you from space.

Even worse, if it was one or two people, they names would be remembered, even if only by quiz fans.
Any more than that are just 'people' who die for nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:16 pm 

Interesting how this thread has reached 10 pages now while the 'Awesomeness' one is still only on 2. :?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:28 pm 

j man wrote:
Interesting how this thread has reached 10 pages now while the 'Awesomeness' one is still only on 2. :?

I think that's cos a large proportion of posters on this forum are British, and we're very good at moaning.

on an Annoying note: bad songs on good Radio stations. for example, this station has gone from Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones to the Kings of Leon. Nothing against them personally, I'm sure they're nice blokes, but to my tastes they're naff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:00 pm 

AngusWolfe wrote:
j man wrote:

I think that's cos a large proportion of posters on this forum are British, and we're very good at moaning.

on an Annoying note: bad songs on good Radio stations. for example, this station has gone from Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones to the Kings of Leon. Nothing against them personally, I'm sure they're nice blokes, but to my tastes they're naff

Could be worse, I went to the Leeds festival just over 10 years ago and after sets by Slipknot, System of the Down and the likes, Eminem was supposed to be playing but wasn't allowed into the country for some reason and they replaced him with....... Daphne and Celeste!!!!!!!! 8O 8O 8O 8O

I even found a video of their set at Reading on youtube, enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hnxies4Wtk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:13 pm 

minchy wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:
j man wrote:

Could be worse, I went to the Leeds festival just over 10 years ago and after sets by Slipknot, System of the Down and the likes, Eminem was supposed to be playing but wasn't allowed into the country for some reason and they replaced him with....... Daphne and Celeste!!!!!!!! 8O 8O 8O 8O

I even found a video of their set at Reading on youtube, enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hnxies4Wtk

Well, they needed one last hurrah before their long career in Burger King.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:43 pm 

Pointless deadline times like 9am. WHY???

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:00 pm 

Tufty wrote:
Pointless deadline times like 9am. WHY???

Cause that's when your lecturers/boss start work and they know full well that you'll be working through the night to reach the deadline!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:03 pm 

Haha. I shouldn't be actually, I've only got another 562 words to write. Here's hoping...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:49 am 

Having an 'interview' that goes towards yours final grade and losing your voice the day before. That is pretty annoying. Here's hoping my lecturer's got good hearing!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:55 am 

Rachie_D wrote:
Having an 'interview' that goes towards yours final grade and losing your voice the day before. That is pretty annoying. Here's hoping my lecturer's got good hearing!

Hmmm, my flatmate has the same thing, an interview on Friday but she has started getting ill. And she loses her voice and it also affects her hearing too. So she'll look crap, sound crap and won't hear crap. I would hate the odds!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:03 pm 

Sounds painful...

Complaint of the week from me is the two tutors for one of my modules: the grades of one half of the module were A or very high B. The grades of everyone who had the same tutor as me never crept above a high C. Something's not right there, and it's not the students.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:42 pm 

Lack of shifts due to hotel getting no business these past 2 weeks.

Also having under £10 in the bank to last me till next Thursday.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:37 pm 

Watching the rugby waiting for the man of the match interview only for them to interview somebody random. Humph!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:46 pm 

I Humph or D Humph :P

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:29 pm 

Stupid c**t Audi drivers!! Had some inconsiderate moron deliberately get into the wrong lane at a roundabout to skip the queue and then try to cut in front of me. Except there wasn't any space so he just cut in anyway and expected me to jump out the way. If I had a cheaper car and fully comp insurance I would've just let him drive into me.

So angry!!! :x :x :x

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:51 pm 

j man wrote:
Stupid c**t Audi drivers!! Had some inconsiderate moron deliberately get into the wrong lane at a roundabout to skip the queue and then try to cut in front of me. Except there wasn't any space so he just cut in anyway and expected me to jump out the way. If I had a cheaper car and fully comp insurance I would've just let him drive into me.

This is why I'm of the opinion we should build separate roads above the normal roads for audi and bmw drivers to exclusively have accidents out of the way of everyone else. Or these cars should have £10,000 road tax every year. My argument being if your going to drive like you own the road, you can pay for the whole road.

On Topic: being back at work after a week off. Body is sulking at having to wake up early again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:34 pm 

j man wrote:

Thats why I always drove a P.o.S. They never did try it probably knowing I had a lot less to lose :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:55 pm 

j man wrote:

We are having a debate with my flatmate, who's the worst, Audi or BMW drivers.

The Audi ones are ahead, even if only by a hair (as we were discussing it an Audi driver overtook us in a quiet single lane street, giving the Audi the lead!).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:31 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
j man wrote:

The Audi ones are ahead, even if only by a hair (as we were discussing it an Audi driver overtook us in a quiet single lane street, giving the Audi the lead!).

I was about to post that I think qashqai drivers should be up there with that group, then decided it sould include the whole ilk of that sort of vehicle.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:09 pm 

moby wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
j man wrote:

I was about to post that I think qashqai drivers should be up there with that group, then decided it sould include the whole ilk of that sort of vehicle.

Drivers as a whole annoy me, and I haven't even got a licence

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:21 pm 

AngusWolfe wrote:
Drivers as a whole annoy me, and I haven't even got a licence

Know that feeling one of the reasons I wasn't fussed having mine taken off me :lol: :lol:

I don't know what it is but road users in general seem to be getting dumber. For example.

The village we live in is sort of a big junction, roads take you to the motorway for Belfast and the South or to the North. Other roads take you to the Major towns and it's in the line of fire for the back road shortcuts for all of the above and to the Industrial estate a few mile away. They were supposed to build a bypass, but the developer who was to build it as a condition for planning permission very strangely built the houses had to stop development on the bypass due to Badgers then conveniently went bust. But that's another story.

As you can imagine at School run time it gets busy with folk going to school and what not and the cars get backed up at the junction . Near enough once a week when walking the kid to school you will get some tosser who will stop and wave you across the road. They will then get irate and flash the rights, I've even seen some loss the head at my failure to cross and start swearing as they decide to rev past me. Thing is this always happens when there is traffic coming the other way. Where do they want me to go? Walk straight out in front of the car coming the other way? Can they not see the traffic coming towards them? Why are they so intent to send me and my 5yo to our impending doom? Some day they will wave a kid over and it will get nasty.

Then again someone else wiped out the "Please drive carefully through the village" Sign last week. They should really change it to "Thank you for having your crash before driving through our village" Must get a picture someday although last time the car was that far in the farmers field I couldn't get the car and Sign in the same shot. This time the car was gone by the time I got there. They keep coming down the hill go out wide on the slight left hander clip the hedge and bank and end up hitting the sign on the left

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:35 pm 

(This could be a little controversial but....)

Horses bring ridden on roads. I love horses but for then to still be allowed on public roads is completely mad. I'm afraid times have moved on and they simply don't fit in with today's traffic levels.

Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:50 pm 

j man wrote:

Thing is, I think I find myself driving these days always looking in my mirrors waiting for drivers like this to come along so I can block them off... I like my car, but if they hit me it's on their insurance...

Best I've ever had was coming up to a motorway junction where I had some sixth sense the driver bombing down the outside lane was going to try and dive for the exit... He did indeed try, but found my car there in his way and he had no chance of making the exit... Quite a bit of extra mileage he had to do because he tried to shave a few seconds off his journey...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:11 pm 

Johnston wrote:
j man wrote:

Thats why I always drove a P.o.S. They never did try it probably knowing I had a lot less to lose :twisted: :twisted:

This Russian bus driver has the right idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1qcIAFSwg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:12 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:

Horses bring ridden on roads. I love horses but for then to still be allowed on public roads is completely mad. I'm afraid times have moved on and they simply don't fit in with today's traffic levels.

I don't mind them being on the roads. It's the contempt of the stupid bints riding them I hate.

Ex was a horsey person, nearly cleaned out one of her mates. Autumn evening around dusk foggy, country lanes with high hedges brown leaves, chestnut horse and a girl in grey clothes.

She was offered a Hi-Viz thing for the horse. She turned it down because it didn't go with the colours of her riding gear 8O 8O 8O I'd rather not get knocked down than worry whether the thing that might save my life matched my shirt.

Another one bought a horse that was well known in the stables for being dangerous on the roads. I even knew it was a crazy charming bloke and didn't like cars it would have went berserk even in the car park. After a few months She had decided she missed hacking on the roads so decided to go for a walk along the road, it chucked her onto the tarmac in front of a car.

One girl sent her kid who was about 8 out on the road by herself. I was standing there thinking you wouldn't let an 8 yo walk these roads why in the hell would you let one that was inexperienced at riding take a pony out on her own.

My Ex even purposefully tried to get her nag to kick a car.

My favourites though were one was a snotty cow always complaining about her BF. Wouldn't dump him though he had the HGV for her horse lorry. :lol: :lol: Another was up at the stables with her fella when his phone went and was having an "interesting" phone call. She turned around as nice as you like and said "It's okay he's been cheating and got her pregnant" . she wouldn't can him because he was paying all the bills. Stoopid fecker.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:16 pm 

j man wrote:
Johnston wrote:
j man wrote:

This Russian bus driver has the right idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1qcIAFSwg

Love it!!!!

God knows how he's still got his job as a bus driver though... hehe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:17 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:

Agreed. An accident waiting to happen. Taking a very large and easily startled animal on the road with someone sat on it's back is asking for trouble. At the very least the rider should be made to dismount when on roads so they cannot be unseated into the path of an overtaking cement lorry.

I have a load of driving hates too. I'm sure many of them have been covered already I can't be arsed reading the whole Fred to find them. In no particular order.

1. People who seem utterly incapable of gettin near the speed limit, or worse the ones who deliberately drive at almost exactly 2/3rds the limit. Driving along at 40 on a nice wide open 60 A road. Then they get to a 40 and slow down to about 25-30. I know you are capable of driving at 40 you muppet, you've just been doing it the last 10 miles in a 60 zone!!

2. People who seem to have no clue what lane to be in at round abouts. There is one particular round about in Bristol where I swear HALF the people who pull into the left hand lane on the way in want to turn right. EVERY time I go round it I see someone in the left hand lane, when face with the second exit going straight on, slam on the break and dive in front of someone in the right hand lane because they want to turn right off the 3rd exit.

3. People who brake when they are approaching a green traffic lights. It's f**king green, don't slow down, 'just in case it turns red'. If it turns orange/red then slow down and stop, until then keep on driving at the normal speed.

Off to bed now, sure I'll think of about 8 more as I'm trying to get to sleep.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:09 am 

Asphalt_World wrote:

Yes, I agree. I think I wrote it in the last forum, a couple of years ago I almost crashed into a horse pulling a cart here in the UK, without any sort of lights/reflective strips/hivis or anything. In pitch darkness, as they had turned the lights off after 21:00 in that road. A very big countryside road, with a national speed limit of 60 in effect. If I hadn't spotted another car ahead swerving to avoid it I wouldn't have slowed down and god knows how that would have ended up on that speed...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:20 am 

SchumieRules wrote:

Yes, I agree. I think I wrote it in the last forum, a couple of years ago I almost crashed into a horse pulling a cart here in the UK, without any sort of lights/reflective strips/hivis or anything. In pitch darkness, as they had turned the lights off after 21:00 in that road. A very big countryside road, with a national speed limit of 60 in effect. If I hadn't spotted another car ahead swerving to avoid it I wouldn't have slowed down and god knows how that would have ended up on that speed...

That reminds me of one we followed a few weeks back. It was one of those Trap thingies, you know just the metal frame with a seat. I kept looking at it and thought something doesn't look right. Then I realised on one side the upright for the wheel was joined below the chassis rail in a 'T' shape. . The other side joined to the side of the rail and had a couple of inches higher than the chassis rail like a 't' shape putting one side lower and shed loads of camber on the wheel. Then I looked closer. The wheel support was held on to the chassis with duct tape :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:29 am 

Johnston wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:

That reminds me of one we followed a few weeks back. It was one of those Trap thingies, you know just the metal frame with a seat. I kept looking at it and thought something doesn't look right. Then I realised on one side the upright for the wheel was joined below the chassis rail in a 'T' shape. . The other side joined to the side of the rail and had a couple of inches higher than the chassis rail like a 't' shape putting one side lower and shed loads of camber on the wheel. Then I looked closer. The wheel support was held on to the chassis with duct tape :lol: :lol:

Holds the universe together!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:48 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
Johnston wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:

Holds the universe together!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:01 pm 

My resit results came in today. Nothing. Literally no grade given. Not even a 0. It seems all the staff think I cheated, or didn't fill out the paper, and are especially tiddled because the College paid for them. The thing is I did the exam, and I cannot think why nothing came through. I cant afford to resit the paper again and if I don't get the mark I pretty much fail my A-Level. It's being looked into but I have no idea what's really going on... :/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:46 am 

Some people who cross the road when there is traffic coming. Yes you can do that if you take a few long strides or even a brief jog but you can't casually stroll accross the road at pallbearing speeds whilst chatting on your phone and expect the oncoming car to slam his brakes on to avoid smashing into you.

Airplane passengers who can't obey a simple instruction, normally putting your seatbelt on when asked. Just because it's not turbulent at that exact moment they somehow think they know better, get up and start wandering around.

Even worse I've had people on a flight get up and start getting stuff out the overhead bins litterally seconds after the plane landed, whilst it's still zooming down the runway at 100mph.

Another flying one, at the end of a flight when everyone else is off the plane and in the arrivals hall, there's always some family of muppets left packing their bags and sorting out coats and jackets. Apparently saying, "we're landing in 10 minutes," then landing 10 minutes later aren't big enough clues for some people that they will be required to vacate the plane shortly and maybe they should put their books/ipad/kindle/whatever back in their bag and get ready to get off. Usually there is a young kid involved and the parents decide to wait until the entire plane has disembarked before telling them to wake up, put their shoes on, put their coat on etc. etc. This annoys me because it normally ends up with a whole team of cabin crew, pilots, engineers, cleaners and ground handling agents stood around waiting for 5 minutes when it's gone midnight at the end of a long day, or worse when the crew have 25 minutes to turn the plane around for the next flight.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:50 am 

Banana Man wrote:
Some people who cross the road when there is traffic coming. Yes you can do that if you take a few long strides or even a brief jog but you can't casually stroll accross the road at pallbearing speeds whilst chatting on your phone and expect the oncoming car to slam his brakes on to avoid smashing into you.

Drivers who think because i'm crossing the road means now is a good time to start speeding up meaning the comfortable space I had between me and them which was ample of time to cross the road now isn't and they expect me to speed up instead of them having to slow down to a speed of which isn't breaking the law.