planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:52 pm 

Qwertys wrote:
So, if I understand this correctly. Hamilton is 1.1 seconds faster than Vettel in same machinery, but Vettel has been able to win by having a better car? Ok, I'll take that.

:lol: :lol:

Lol no, common fallacy, you don't need a "better" car to beat Hamilton, Button has beaten him in the same car already.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:56 pm 

viariani wrote:
Qwertys wrote:
So, if I understand this correctly. Hamilton is 1.1 seconds faster than Vettel in same machinery, but Vettel has been able to win by having a better car? Ok, I'll take that.

Lol no, common fallacy, you don't need a "better" car to beat Hamilton, Button has beaten him in the same car already.

Can you read? "So, if I understand this correctly. Hamilton is 1.1 seconds faster than Vettel in same machinery, but Vettel has been able to win by having a better car? Ok, I'll take that."
Hopefully Johnstone you'll see this and understand what I mean by saying that "you're just as bad as we are."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:18 pm 

f1madman wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
In the behind the scenes video Hamilton even comments himself how he came on a cool dry day to ensure he had maximum grip and more power from the engine, which they estimate to be worth about 5bhp. Hamilton came to the track to smash Vettel's time, and he made sure he had the best advantage to do it.

When did he claim he chose a particular day for the weather condition? Are you really telling me LEwis ensured the temperatures and everything were just correct before he'd contemplate sitting in the car? Nice spin there. Maybe he was waiting for a dry day, that I can believe. Plus would 5bhp = 1.1 seconds? BTW was Button's time so slow because it was too hot? (I do remember him mentioning it but it sounded tongue in cheek)

You're right, speed isn't everything... but it helps.

PS - one or two guys believe Hamilton is the faster driver and the Liana lap times further solidify their beliefs. Then like ten different people come in to fairy cakes on the little parade and try to nullify the lap times, because clearly they're not important enough. This is what is wrong with this place, my numbers may be wrong but time and time again Hamilton fans have to put up with all these digs. 2013 is going to be a tough year....

PPS - **** it I'm taking every little win! Hamilton is the fastest! I already knew this by watching F1 but the top gear lap times just further validate it. 1.1 second with the same car, that lap is up their with the Senna/Monaco McLaren lap. :smug:

He's been booked to come back for a while but on previous times it has been raining so it was aborted. The lap was set during the winter time and it was cooler and it was commented on the car would be developing more power. The only reason he came back was because he was annoyed that his previous lap was in the wet and he wanted to be fastest, and preferably by a huge margin.

I think that Hamilton is the fastest driver on the grid, and I think he's the most adaptable and I even said that if the test was equal for everyone I would expect him to be fastest. My intention is not to rubbish him, I'm just pointing out that this particular result doesn't mean a great deal at all because of the fact it is on an entertainment show, there are variable conditions and the tolerances on everything are huge.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:21 pm 

Yeah I know, Alien, you're generally a good poster, didn't mean to sound aggressive. I just got off the phone with British Gas because they were billing me as if I was running a 24hour wind tunel in my house. So was a little vexed before I had even read anything!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:27 pm 

f1madman wrote:
Yeah I know, Alien, you're generally a good poster, didn't mean to sound aggressive. I just got off the phone with British Gas because they were billing me as if I was running a 24hour wind tunel in my house. So was a little vexed before I had even read anything!

What do you mean by "generally" ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:33 pm 

Qwertys wrote:

You only comment negatively on the comments concerning Hamilton even though you're a Button fan and not a Vettel fan, i.e. you have some problems with Hamilton. You claim that these problems originates from us.
Now, when you comment, your only goal is to denounce Hamilton. Not necessarily from this thread (even though I don't have to scroll up high to see you make fun of Hamilton, in a thread where we are supposed to discuss his 1.1 second margin to Vettel), but pretty much all my short time here. From days when Hamilton wins, to the days when he has to retire from the lead due to mechanical failure. How do you think that make us feel about Button? The man who I used to rate as one of the best drivers in F1, and the man who I now try to pick out every single mistake of in order to denounce him and make his fans angry.

Really because since the Lap has been aired I haven't actually commented on Lewis or indeed the lap.

I have commented on OB1s LHD idea, and asked about was it really identical machinery. Not least because I believe TG has two cars that have been ragged silly and mothballed for 6months plus. Now my posts in that vain have been deliberately ambiguous enough that the differences could have worked in Vets favour rather than the assumed dig at Lewis.

The rest has been taking the gherkin out of this notion the TG Lap is in some way a proper motorsport event.

And by the way my lot dropped the "e" and kept the "t" when they swam the channel.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:37 pm 

Qwertys wrote:
viariani wrote:
Qwertys wrote:

Can you read? "So, if I understand this correctly. Hamilton is 1.1 seconds faster than Vettel in same machinery, but Vettel has been able to win by having a better car? Ok, I'll take that."
Hopefully Johnstone you'll see this and understand what I mean by saying that "you're just as bad as we are."

Oh calm your beans you're coming across like mother goose, nobody is taking this seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:46 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Qwertys wrote:

You only comment negatively on the comments concerning Hamilton even though you're a Button fan and not a Vettel fan, i.e. you have some problems with Hamilton. You claim that these problems originates from us.
Now, when you comment, your only goal is to denounce Hamilton. Not necessarily from this thread (even though I don't have to scroll up high to see you make fun of Hamilton, in a thread where we are supposed to discuss his 1.1 second margin to Vettel), but pretty much all my short time here. From days when Hamilton wins, to the days when he has to retire from the lead due to mechanical failure. How do you think that make us feel about Button? The man who I used to rate as one of the best drivers in F1, and the man who I now try to pick out every single mistake of in order to denounce him and make his fans angry.

Really because since the Lap has been aired I haven't actually commented on Lewis or indeed the lap.

I have commented on OB1s LHD idea, and asked about was it really identical machinery. Not least because I believe TG has two cars that have been ragged silly and mothballed for 6months plus. Now my posts in that vain have been deliberately ambiguous enough that the differences could have worked in Vets favour rather than the assumed dig at Lewis.

The rest has been taking the gherkin out of this notion the TG Lap is in some way a proper motorsport event.

And by the way my lot dropped the "e" and kept the "t" when they swam the channel.

"I have commented on OB1s LHD idea, and asked about was it really identical machinery."
From my post:
You only comment negatively on the comments concerning Hamilton even though you're a Button fan and not a Vettel fan.

Now, when you comment, your only goal is to denounce Hamilton.

Not necessarily from this thread (even though I don't have to scroll up high to see you make fun of Hamilton, in a thread where we are supposed to discuss his 1.1 second margin to Vettel), but pretty much all my short time here. From days when Hamilton wins, to the days when he has to retire from the lead due to mechanical failure.

I don't get your last joke. But I can tell you one thing about it, When your lot swam the channel, it sure as hell didn't water your arguments.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:04 pm 

viariani wrote:
Qwertys wrote:
viariani wrote:
Qwertys wrote:

Oh calm your beans you're coming across like mother goose, nobody is taking this seriously.

You're not a real Formula 1 fan!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:05 pm 

Can you point out where I have denounced his lap? OR where in deed I have made fun of him in this thread especially since he completed his 1.1 lap?

The last bit wasn't a joke. It was pointing out your spelling error.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:19 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Can you point out where I have denounced his lap? OR where in deed I have made fun of him in this thread especially since he completed his 1.1 lap?

"What was Lewis doing looking to know he only has a half?" Do you want to to point out where you've denounced his lap?
"So are you saying no changes have been made to the car in the 6months it's been mothballed and the track was an identical condition?"

Would you have pointed that out if Button had driven the lap to this kind of perfection?

"Maybe on the road but I've known guys who have said it took them years when it came to driving at competitive levels to get on Par with themselves in RHD mode and thats with regular events and testing. Loads over here were spending big bucks getting WRCars converted (and at one stage getting the rules changed to allow it) If it was an easy swap I would doubt they would be lobbying the FIA to change the rules and spending the obvious coinage in getting cars converted over whch can be fairly major work.

The gear stick is the small bit the car positioning is the major factor. Your going from running your own donkey over the apex on a right hand corner to running the passenger seat over it and vice versa for Lh corners. You have to reset that line of sight as it were . If you ever watch someone on track or stage that hasn't adjusted yet they tend to go wide one way and too tight the other and the Co Driver usually looks a bit nervous"

Is Button also german?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:55 pm 

Please, this had to be a spoof thread. PLEASE.....

Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:23 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
Please, this had to be a spoof thread. PLEASE.....

it's too funny right? makes you wonder of the intelligence of some.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:51 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:56 pm 

Qwertys wrote:
Johnston wrote:

"What was Lewis doing looking to know he only has a half?" Do you want to to point out where you've denounced his lap?
"So are you saying no changes have been made to the car in the 6months it's been mothballed and the track was an identical condition?"

Would you have pointed that out if Button had driven the lap to this kind of perfection?

"Maybe on the road but I've known guys who have said it took them years when it came to driving at competitive levels to get on Par with themselves in RHD mode and thats with regular events and testing. Loads over here were spending big bucks getting WRCars converted (and at one stage getting the rules changed to allow it) If it was an easy swap I would doubt they would be lobbying the FIA to change the rules and spending the obvious coinage in getting cars converted over whch can be fairly major work.

The gear stick is the small bit the car positioning is the major factor. Your going from running your own donkey over the apex on a right hand corner to running the passenger seat over it and vice versa for Lh corners. You have to reset that line of sight as it were . If you ever watch someone on track or stage that hasn't adjusted yet they tend to go wide one way and too tight the other and the Co Driver usually looks a bit nervous"

Is Button also german?

Are you the brains behind this spoof thread?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:58 pm 

Great Debate continues....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:04 pm 

^^ :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 pm 
As removing all the rule breaking posts will take far too much time and effort at this time of night, I will remind you all that personal insults and trolling are against the rules and warnings will be handed out if you are involved in them. Now please get back on topic.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:51 am 

Asphalt_World wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:34 am 

Asphalt_World wrote:

This sums up your contribution to the thread....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:47 am 

Asphalt_World wrote:

Are you the brains behind this spoof thread?

"One thing you must understand, I'm not sure if this fits in your small mind, but the laps with the Suzuki Liana is the only time where they have driven the same machinery around the same track under similar conditions and Hamilton was more than a second faster. This, as I have stated before, doesn't prove that Hamilton is faster in a Formula car, but when Hamilton and Vettel were youngsters they both raced in Formula 3 Euro series. A series where everybody races in the same machinery. Hamilton won the series in his second season by winning 15(16) out of 20 races, including at least one in every track. Vettel finished second behind Paul di Resta in his second season with "only" 4 race wins to his name. This of course proves nothing (for biased Button and Vettel fans), but I just wanted you to know."

"Last year, Hamilton usually was about 0.8 tenths faster than Button in qualifying. An F1 car is much more easier to drive to perfection (for the F1 drivers) than a Suzuki Liana. Even if he's only about 1-2 tenths faster (I'm not saying he is) than Vettel in an F1 car, he might well be over 1-2 tenths faster in a Suzuki Liana.

And BTW, I remember last year, when Vettel set the fastest time. Do you remember what Vettel fans said then? Hypocrites!"

Quotes from my other posts in the thread. Nobody actually thinks that this lap makes Hamilton the fastest driver in F1, we're just using the same trick as you were using. Last year, when Vettel set the fastest times, his fans claimed that this proved that Vettel is the fastest. This including the swedish version of Auto motor and sport.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:41 am 

May I ask how you have come to the conclusion that an F1 car I is easier to drive to perfection than the Liana?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 am 
This is not getting back on topic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:50 pm 

can you stop saying that an F1 car is much easier to drive to perfection than a regular car? do you understand how easy it must be for F1 drivers to drive a road car to perfection especially a small one like the Liana which even I can drive to perfection easily?.....anyway some of you need to understand and let it sink in that Top Gear is not any sort of yardstick to judge anything so calm down.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:55 pm 

Mod Purple wrote:

Asking about his belief about an F1 car being easier for them to drive on the limit is surely allowed and moving the topic on!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:50 pm 

Mod Purple wrote:

but isn't this the 'off topic' board? 8O
(only joking! - just struck me as ironic!)

Back on topic - yes the road car will be proportionately easier to drive at limits than an F1 car. In the latter, split second differences in power/brake application, etc will make massive differences to overall speed and of course the sheer power levels mean that all drivers would be constantly adjusting to 'feel' for the limit. Whereas in the Liana they will probably have their foot on the power all the time (virtually) and dabbing the brakes to take off as little speed as they think they can get away with......concentrating mostly on road/corner positioning?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:31 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
Asking about his belief about an F1 car being easier for them to drive on the limit is surely allowed and moving the topic on!

I imagine it's based on the fact that F1 2012 is an easier game than Gran Turismo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:10 pm 

j man wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

I imagine it's based on the fact that F1 2012 is an easier game than Gran Turismo

So true ....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:42 am 
Asphalt_World wrote:
Mod Purple wrote:

That is on topic, yes. The continued argument about Vettel and Hamilton wasn't though, and that was what my post referred too. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:06 am 

Mod Purple wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:
Mod Purple wrote:

That is on topic, yes. The continued argument about Vettel and Hamilton wasn't though, and that was what my post referred too. ;)

ta.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:23 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
May I ask how you have come to the conclusion that an F1 car I is easier to drive to perfection than the Liana?

I don't know for sure, but that Lewis was 1.1 seconds faster than Vettel should give you an indication. Also Paddy Lowe once answered to the question:
"What's the main difference between Lewis and Jenson?"
"When Lewis gets in the car, he's fast straight away."

In Top Gear you only do 8(?) laps. Do you really expect them to be able to go as fast as possible in that short amount of time compared to the hours they're allowed to do in a F1 car?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:31 pm 

OMG.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:39 pm 

@Qwerty: You my friend are funny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:45 pm 

Before long the statement will have changed to "It is harder to drive the Liana blindfolded and tied up, encased in concrete using drawstrings than it is to coast in an F1 car for 25 metres after having 50 years of practicing."
Edited ('easier' should have been 'harder' - kind of a big typo!)

Last edited by Alienturnedhuman on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:58 pm 

Out of all the threads on all the forums on all the worlds in the observable Universe, this has got to be the most ridiculous.

Keep it going.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:25 pm 

Race2win wrote:
@Qwerty: You my friend are funny

In the whole thread, all your arguments have looked like this..... Don't you have the ************ capacity to actually respond to my arguments?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:26 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Before long the statement will have changed to "It is easier to drive the Liana blindfolded and tied up, encased in concrete using drawstrings than it is to coast in an F1 car for 25 metres after having 50 years of practicing."

Good to know.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:32 pm 

Qwertys wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

I don't know for sure, but that Lewis was 1.1 seconds faster than Vettel should give you an indication. Also Paddy Lowe once answered to the question:
"What's the main difference between Lewis and Jenson?"
"When Lewis gets in the car, he's fast straight away."

In Top Gear you only do 8(?) laps. Do you really expect them to be able to go as fast as possible in that short amount of time compared to the hours they're allowed to do in a F1 car?

This is how I came to the conclusion Asphalt. Feel free to point out what you disagree with, although I'm sure you won't.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:56 pm 

Quote:
Does it hurt? I guess you can't handle the truth..... Feel free to post this in the thread.

Why are you private messaging me the above Qwertys? I don't know what this means.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.