planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:50 pm 

mac_d wrote:
The Hyrule Field moment was spectacular. I also bought a 3DS to play this again. I have it on N64, Gamecube and 3DS now. I think it has suffered a little with age, but it is a damn fine game.

I actually had a similar feeling tot hat again when I got out of the sewers in Oblivion. Such a beautiful green world with bright blue skies. First time I had really seen what a "next gen" system could do. It was the first game I played on 360 so I still viewed it as next gen rather than current generation because I was still in the generation before... if you know what I mean.

I've been playing Oblivion for almost 2 weeks now, and it is amazing! the beauty of the landscapes is unreal!!!

i have to say the fighting is a bit off, but by no means a deal breaker! I just need to get enough money to buy a house to store all my awesome stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:38 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
mac_d wrote:
The Hyrule Field moment was spectacular. I also bought a 3DS to play this again. I have it on N64, Gamecube and 3DS now. I think it has suffered a little with age, but it is a damn fine game.

I actually had a similar feeling tot hat again when I got out of the sewers in Oblivion. Such a beautiful green world with bright blue skies. First time I had really seen what a "next gen" system could do. It was the first game I played on 360 so I still viewed it as next gen rather than current generation because I was still in the generation before... if you know what I mean.

I've been playing Oblivion for almost 2 weeks now, and it is amazing! the beauty of the landscapes is unreal!!!

i have to say the fighting is a bit off, but by no means a deal breaker! I just need to get enough money to buy a house to store all my awesome stuff!

Do you need to? If it's anything like the other Bethesda games you can just leave everything on the floor wherever you want, and it will stay there.
I didn't play much TES before I sold my first xbox, but when I was playing with the multiple items cheat I would have far too much to carry anywhere, so I just left it on the floor.
Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas allowed me to do so, I kept it all at a fast travel point by a town.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:44 pm 

Just playing the F1 game. Cheating lovely individual Grosjean spun me at the start of the last lap putting me into the pits, Lost the win. Not happy with that. Especially half an hour in.

Grrrrrr.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 am 

mac_d wrote:
Just playing the F1 game. Cheating lovely individual Grosjean spun me at the start of the last lap putting me into the pits, Lost the win. Not happy with that. Especially half an hour in.

Grrrrrr.

I put it into the wall of champions leading the last lap on a 50% distance. No flashbacks.
It's been a while since I whimpered like that without meaning to :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:40 am 

Sevenfest wrote:
mac_d wrote:

Grrrrrr.

I put it into the wall of champions leading the last lap on a 50% distance. No flashbacks.
It's been a while since I whimpered like that without meaning to :lol:

Thing is - it's moments like that which make you realise exactly why you see pictures like this:

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:51 am 

True. If I'm pretty crestfallen after 30 minutes playing a videogame when something bad happens that isn't my fault, imagine what I'd think if it was real, it mattered, the crash could have killed me etc.

The worst part was that I deliberately fell to 24th at the start and spent those 14 laps getting back to the front. I had just taken him under braking going into the bit under the grandstand, and then turned my engine down as I was marginal on fuel and had put the engine to high revs anyway. I was still "optimal" but didn't want to push my luck. I still had flashbacks, but you can't use them once you are in the pits! Great fun race, though my tire wear was way too high. I usually qualify on hards as I like to go long and save fuel on hards then blitz back at the end on softs (the game settings are quite easy so allow me to do this - I don't play on the hardest settings by a long shot). In Singapore, my hard tires were done about half way through, and by lap 14 my softs were almost dead.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:54 pm 

mac_d wrote:

I had a similar feeling with Skyrim, after you escape Helgen and are finally let free to roam Skyrim, every bit of the environment looks great, it was my first experience of an Elder Scrolls are so I can't compare it to Oblivion but they sound similar.

mac_d wrote:
True. If I'm pretty crestfallen after 30 minutes playing a videogame when something bad happens that isn't my fault, imagine what I'd think if it was real, it mattered, the crash could have killed me etc.

The worst part was that I deliberately fell to 24th at the start and spent those 14 laps getting back to the front. I had just taken him under braking going into the bit under the grandstand, and then turned my engine down as I was marginal on fuel and had put the engine to high revs anyway. I was still "optimal" but didn't want to push my luck. I still had flashbacks, but you can't use them once you are in the pits! Great fun race, though my tire wear was way too high. I usually qualify on hards as I like to go long and save fuel on hards then blitz back at the end on softs (the game settings are quite easy so allow me to do this - I don't play on the hardest settings by a long shot). In Singapore, my hard tires were done about half way through, and by lap 14 my softs were almost dead.

Just out of intrest what difficulty do you play on? I play on professional and for me at least that seems a good level for the AI drivers, but I still don't know how this was Codemasters 3rd F1 title for the ps3, Xbox and PC and they still can't get AI drivers to overtake properly, one example I have is in the DRS zones, they have their DRS open and gaining ground quickly but then proceed to drive straight into the back of me breaking their front wing in the process and just to say I actually do the one move allowed rule, not that it forces you to but I just do it anyway :) Also when I'm on career mode I can never get that strategy to work of starting on the prime and switching to the option later on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:54 pm 

huggybear wrote:
Covalent wrote:
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
huggybear wrote:
Just got WRC3. It's truly wonderful.

The only thing I don't like about it is navigating the menus. I have to hit the buttons twice sometimes for the input to be taken. I thought it was the controller at first, but it happens with my new controller, too.

Would love to have more stages per rally, too. Maybe 8-10 stages.

That's it, though. The game is all hail the mods amazing.

Another thing is the co-driver is way too late with his directions IMO, quite a few crashes could’ve been prevented if he’d said “right 2” before I was already in the damn corner. I find myself looking at the signs in the HUD which naturally is distracting.

Other than that I too find the game wonderful. I think someone here wrote about setting the brake bias all the way forward, if anything I’m setting it more backwards! :lol:

There's an option to change how early the co-driver tells you instructions if you need to hear them earlier (at least on ps3 there is).
I did find there was no cancel once a sound sample starts, so if you rub a wall the co-driver tells you to watch it, but won't tell you the directions for the next corner if you get there before he's finished telling you to stop taking the paint off the sides of the car.

I also was a bit confused by the menu inputs, but glad to know it's not my wheel on the blink.

Also there's a truly truly awful stage in Spain that starts with two hairpins and a water crossing that is doing my head in. I hate it with a passion.

Yes, that sound sample problem is annoying, too. Also, while I have the co-driver setting on "very advanced" and it works great most of the time, since the co-driver obviously can't talk faster when a quick series of corners is approaching, I get caught out at times.

BTW, what happens when Road to Glory is complete? Do I get to race as myself in the WRC championship mode? Or do I still have to use the real drivers?

I stopped playing GT5 because of this game. It's way more fun.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:24 pm 

Following on from the earlier discussion about the PS4 / Xbox 720 blocking second hand games, at the PS4 launch night Sony stated this is not true for their console in response to a direct question on the matter.

If the PS4 isn't blocking them then it will be almost certain that neither is the next Xbox, because if it was no one would buy it over the PS4.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:54 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Following on from the earlier discussion about the PS4 / Xbox 720 blocking second hand games, at the PS4 launch night Sony stated this is not true for their console in response to a direct question on the matter.

If the PS4 isn't blocking them then it will be almost certain that neither is the next Xbox, because if it was no one would buy it over the PS4.

*big sigh of relief* from all the gaming community I'm sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:33 am 

I've been spending a lot of time with Wargame: European Escalation. It's a real time strategy game set in the Cold War, 1975-85. Actually, calling it an RTS sells it a bit short, battlefield simulator is probably more apt. It has some minor flaws but beautiful graphics and very well thought out unit balancing. Highly recommended to any military buffs looking for a new gaming challenge.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:53 pm 

Skyrim...

I'm playing the DLC (Dragonborn) currently. I must say, Skyrim is an infuriating game for me to play. I don't know why, but my copy insists on crashing at an alarming high occurence. I often only get 15-20minutes of play out of it before it locks up. This is very irritating when you want to sit and play it for a couple of hours, and about half that time is spent repeating sections. I've tried all the common solutions except from restarting the entire game (which would be a less viable option than just not playing it again tbh). I've had it uninstalled, installed, re-downloaded each DLC etc to no avail.

About the DLC itself:
It's quite fun being back in Morrowind. The play area added is quite large and there seems to be a fair amount to do. I think the DLC itself is a little over-priced in all honesty, and doesn't seem to have the same amount of additions as Dawnguard did (adding Vampires to the game, Vampire perks, adding Werewolf perks, cool weapons). Plus, the DLC packs all seem quite a bit shorter than the excellent Shivering Isles dlc from Oblivion. Hearthfire was entirely pointless. I built the homes purely for the achievements related to them. I would not have bothered buying this pack if I had bothered to read anything about it - I just blindly bought as it was Skyrim DLC. Marginally useful to have a home with a chest to store things at, but this was in the game already in the form of buying real estate.

Anyway, my plan for this evening is to finish this final DLC pack. I have a friend coming round to play Dead Space, but we have a 2 TV, 2 Xbox system going on (we set it up originally for coop but often we just chat and play separate games). It might pick up some more. and I need to get some Soul Gems to recharge my enchanted weaponry...

So, the point of this was I was thinking about the big 3 Bethesda RPGs on 360/Ps3. When Skyrim works, it is a better game than Oblivion I think. This goes against the opinion I normally give on them. Skyrim has greater depth and is much more fun to play in the sense of streamlining stuff (favouriting weapons and spells, better dual weilding, bonus ability of the shouts). My real gripe is the lack of whimsical aspects. I adored Oblivion for having some odd Dark Brotherhood quests (the one where you are locked in a house and can manipulate people into killing each other, or taken them out yourself etc) and stuff like the artist trapped in his own painting. Venturing into people's dreams! Skyrim seems to be a little more serious than this, and it detracts. I'm all for a serious main quest, and serious side quests too. But chuck in a little strange, cool stuff for us. Fallout 3 didn't have anythign directly like this but had stuff like helping write the Survival guide by doing odd things. In a world without magic, it's hard to justify it for stylistic reasons so I can understand the choice. The general world is still reasonably whimsical with the super mutants, SCIENCE!!! and robots though. I just feel Skyrim should be the best of the bunch, and especially so given I much prefer the concept of running around with swords and spells to guns. It wouldn't have taken very much to put Skyrim from being brilliant to simply outstanding. given the general consensus on Skyrim, it does seem to be just me that feels like this, but I stand by that opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:11 pm 

minchy wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:

*big sigh of relief* from all the gaming community I'm sure.

Apparently Sony have said that while the console doesn't block pre-owned, it's up to the publishers to see if they want to block it on a game by game basis.

Hopefully they don't.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:40 pm 

I finally bought my first house in oblivion!!

it cost 5000 and it was a side mission one (had to kill some ghosts!) but i can finally store stuff there (i'm a bit of a hoarder!)

question: can stuff go missing from cupboards in a house you own? I've put weapons and stuff in cupboards i hope they will stay!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:42 am 

vikz22 wrote:

it cost 5000 and it was a side mission one (had to kill some ghosts!) but i can finally store stuff there (i'm a bit of a hoarder!)

question: can stuff go missing from cupboards in a house you own? I've put weapons and stuff in cupboards i hope they will stay!

I'm pretty sure all items stored in your house are there permanently however long you leave them for.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:11 am 

Robbo-92 wrote:
vikz22 wrote:

I'm pretty sure all items stored in your house are there permanently however long you leave them for.

bbobeckyj wrote:
... If it's anything like the other Bethesda games you can just leave everything on the floor wherever you want, and it will stay there.
I didn't play much [The Elder Scrolls] before I sold my first xbox, but when I was playing with the multiple items cheat I would have far too much to carry anywhere, so I just left it on the floor.
Both Fallout 3 and New Vegas allowed me to do so, I kept it all at a fast travel point by a town.

Sorry to quote myself, but sometimes I would swear that I'm on everyone's foe list when I post the exact information requested later in the same thread.
vikz22 why not test it by leaving something of use or small value in a hight traffic area. If it is still there a couple of days later then you know how the game engine works. You can just make a save, use the sleep function, wait a few days, go back and check.

This was always a bit of a disappointment for me in these types of games, your character is the only one in the massive world who is capable of cracking safes, breaking into properties, stealing, pick pocketing or even just picking something up off of the ground. Imagine the fun if spontaneous quests were created where you could go and steal your stuff back and take revenge.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:57 am 

In Skyrim people will pick up your stuff if it's lying on the ground, but you can possibly get it back (by looting or pickpocketing) if you find the guy who took them. At least that's what happened to me once and I've not left anything lying around since then.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:52 am 

Robbo-92 wrote:
vikz22 wrote:

I think it is very platform dependent, with the PS3 being the worst and the PC being the best, but the game will general 'remember' where you leave stuff for as much memory as is available. Once it's exceeded the available memory then the rooms you visited the longest ago will get reset to their default configuration.

The only exception to this are (as you said) your houses, which the game always remembers how you left it. Before I could afford to buy a house, I used to stow all my loot in a cupboard in Dragonsreach, in Whiterun, in the small room to the left behind Farengar's lab. Because I kept coming back to Dragonsreach the game never forgot what was in it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:42 pm 

This might have been an Oblivion issue, I forget, but leaving crap everywhere ends up fragmenting your save does it? Maybe it was Morrowind on the Xbox actually.

but I'm sure one of the three has issues with this. How much stuff do you really need? I normally run about with my two swords, my armour and quest items I can't get rid of... I have some of the Daedric relics in storage but you don't get many items that are both relatively rare or unique so why bother? Money is pretty pointless by the mid-late game too I suppose.

Anywho, I finished Alan Wake's American Nightmare. It's not a bad game, though it is short and reuses the same 3 or 4 areas 3 times each. It makes sense in the context at least. It is pretty fun, but lacks the same depth as the full game and that detracts from the game. The main game (Alan Wake) was kinda scary and creepy. This game strips that away and makes it more of an action game. think Resident Evil to Resident Evil 4. And then think what it would be like if Resident Evil 4 wasn't very streamlined.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:00 pm 

bbobeckyj wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
vikz22 wrote:

bbobeckyj wrote:
... If it's anything like the other Bethesda games you can just leave everything on the floor wherever you want, and it will stay there.
I didn't play much [The Elder Scrolls] before I sold my first xbox, but when I was playing with the multiple items cheat I would have far too much to carry anywhere, so I just left it on the floor.

Sorry to quote myself, but sometimes I would swear that I'm on everyone's foe list when I post the exact information requested later in the same thread.
vikz22 why not test it by leaving something of use or small value in a hight traffic area. If it is still there a couple of days later then you know how the game engine works. You can just make a save, use the sleep function, wait a few days, go back and check.

This was always a bit of a disappointment for me in these types of games, your character is the only one in the massive world who is capable of cracking safes, breaking into properties, stealing, pick pocketing or even just picking something up off of the ground. Imagine the fun if spontaneous quests were created where you could go and steal your stuff back and take revenge.

hey bbobeckyj, i wasn't ignoring you, but with certain items like ring, keys and stuff its difficult to see them on the floor, so its nice to see them in a cupboard or something like that.

you are right that the items remain on the floor (i've seen arrows which i have jettisoned near random castles are still at the places they have been left, but its nice to store things away, i don't want to litter :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:44 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
hey bbobeckyj, i wasn't ignoring you, but with certain items like ring, keys and stuff its difficult to see them on the floor, so its nice to see them in a cupboard or something like that.

you are right that the items remain on the floor (i've seen arrows which i have jettisoned near random castles are still at the places they have been left, but its nice to store things away, i don't want to litter :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were ignoring me. I have seen posters asking for the exact information I have previously posted though so I do wonder sometimes. I never know if I've offended someone who later blocked me. I have recently tried to refrain from posting opinion in the main forum and only add pertinent information, I get so fed up with reading threads such as 'twitmarsh should be fired' or whatever, and I invariably block those posters straight away.

Back on topic, you could put them 'in' dead bodies or any other searchable item. I used the multiply item cheat, and left literally hundreds of expensive necklaces on the ground in the middle of a town, because I had so many that it slowed me down, they just stayed there. I preferred doing this as it saved me having to go in and out of the building I would otherwise use, and the load times associated with it. You can have one different containers/bodies for different types of items, one for spare weapons, another for food, another for x, y and z, so it's easier to search through it all.
When I played Fallout 3 and New Vegas I could be bothered to fast travel to town (loading); walk to my house (boring); go into house (loading); get stuff; get out of house (loading); go back to where I was (loading)... That can be 4 or more loading wait times and then a long walk to an inconvenient out of the way place, versus just two loading wait times. (Though if you have a fast PC no doubt that issue is lessened.)

But as Alienturnedhuman says it is dependant upon the memory of the game. The makers are infamous for their memory problems. I know from experience that you would need to clear the cache on the xbox to play Fallout New Vegas, and the PS3 version of Skyrim apparently became unplayable after too long, the individual game saves got larger and larger effectively crashing the game (someone else can probably explain it better or more correctly than that, but you get the idea) because it remembers everything you've done, and everything you've moved. So picking a plate up and moving it slightly gets recorded even though it doesn't make any difference to your game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:54 pm 

mac_d wrote:
How much stuff do you really need? I normally run about with my two swords, my armour and quest items I can't get rid of... I have some of the Daedric relics in storage but you don't get many items that are both relatively rare or unique so why bother? Money is pretty pointless by the mid-late game too I suppose.

But... but... but... this wooden shield was given to me in a quest and has a special name and while it may look identical to all the other wooden shields it's unique. Right? And this iron dagger. I know I may have an Daedric Warhammer now but this iron dagger I found in a cave with a note and it seemed quite poignant, it would ruin the memory of whatever quest it was on if I got rid of it. And this plate, I really liked the look of it. It goes with the barrel I keep it in...

I think you must be the only person who plays Skyrim whose character doesn't need a hoarders intervention...

In my game, I maxed out my smithing to 100 and then was able to make a mint crafting ebony bows. It was 3 pieces of ebony to make, 1 piece to refine it (which doubled its value) and then I could sell it for over 2500 gold. The ebony ignots cost about 200 gold each so it was nearly 2000 gold profit per bow. I would just fast travel between the 5 main holds buying more ebony, crafting bows and then trading them for more ebony at the next hold. By the time I got back to the hold I had started at enough time had passed for the traders to have restocked on ebony and gold. I was minted in no time. (Maybe I should suggest this tactic to George Osbourne to get our Triple A rating back) - anyway, despite having well over 100,000 gold I would still end up overencumbering myself in every dungeon I entered and crawl back to my horse so I could fast travel and sell it all. It made no practical sense, obviously, I'd throw away Iron and Steel weapons but once I was having to throw away Dwarven or Elven weaponry/armour I couldn't bring myself to do it. I think because in the early game getting a Dwarven sword was like being given a 256GB iPad that by the time I was tripping over them at every cave corner I had attached too much 'value' to them to just throw them away.

Of the 160 hours I spent playing Skyrim, 40 hours at a minimum must have been spent crawling back to my horse. Time well spent.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:13 pm 

I do keep some stuff, but the bulk of it is trash. I want to be out there doign something, not crawling back with a full load of junk.

That said, smithing was probably the first skill I got to 100, then alchemy. Once you have those too, you can craft items of insanely good power. Health leeching weapons are a favourite (great damage + heal me = hard to kill). I have spells to catch souls when I cast it, and the only item I carry in absundance is soul gems to recharge my weaponry. Pretty much all my armour is from quests though, and I do keep hold of some magicka based garments at one of my many homes in case I want to go back to playing more mage-y.

I would have kept the bow from Dawnguard, but that DLc broke my game so badly I had to revert to a pre-Dawnguard save after a while.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:02 am 

Call of Duty: World at War.

Okay, I realise I'm a little behind the times as ever here. I thought this game was pretty crappy. I enjoyed Mw1-3, and Blops. This was just a little boring and a chore to play. In all honesty, the only reason I finished it was to have finished the story and take it off my list of games I've bought but not played/finished.

What's next from my list? I dunno. I am playing Forza 4 in the background (just got it). Very pleasant, though it'd very odd to go from hours of F1 2012 to Forza 4. The lack of grip in even a top end sports car is comical compared to how I set up my F1 cars (I do enjoy a ridiculous level of grip).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:02 am 

You guys above who like Oblivion. Once you have had your bang on the game, that is, gone through it as a fighter then spell slinger, then different gender, then different spices, etc you can start the real stuff. CS Modding.

Download the Construction set, read a couple of tutorials on TES alliance or Oblivion wikki and make the world as you want it.
Fancy a nice big house in Weye? with house girls to look after it while you use one of the doors you have put in to teleport you to your other house in Anvil? Easy after a very short practice. Dont like the choice of Arms, Armour or spells? Make your own. ZZZZap change someone into a Rat or Crab.

I moved on to Skyrim but keep coming back to Oblivion.

If you dont want to make your own mods, there are thousands out there you can download ready made. Take a look here

http://lovkullen.net/Emma/oblivionbyemma.htm

DONT GO THERE TOO SOON though or you will loose a lot of entertainment from the game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 pm 

I have Oblivion and Skyrim on 360 so can't mod it. I always wanted to but until late last year I haven't had a computer that would have the power to run something like Skyrim.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:16 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbuZquYZja8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:59 pm 

Covalent wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbuZquYZja8

The first game I couldn't even recognise Monza. 2nd game on it looked like F1. These days with F1 2012 it looks pretty close to real. I mean, if you didn't look that closely I think you could buy it.

I still play F1 WGP on the N64 (emulator) every now and then though it isn't a patch in F1 2012 in terms of graphics or gameplay (though it does have challenge mode which is awesome), it is still a good giggle to play.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:04 pm 

I am getting rid of GT5 and Need for Speed Most Wanted. After having too many games to play for a few months, clear favorites have emerged, so the rest must go!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:32 pm 

I've started to play F1 2011 again, and i like it

I'm still really crap (can barely scrape a silver medal in the proving grounds :( ) but haven't played online yet

my PSN add is vikash22 if anyone wants to add me, but i can assure them i am super rubbish at it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:07 pm 

Next game for me is Family Guy: return to the multiverse

After playing about an hour so far it is a fun game. Basically, what you'd expect from family guy! Graphics aren't spectacular, gameplay isn't anything special, but its nit a chore playing it simply because of the family guy humour involved and I can't help but giggle away whilst playing. I don't know if I'd want to pay full price for it (I borrowed it) but definitely worth a couple of days rental for any family guy fans.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:42 am 

mac_d wrote:
That said, smithing was probably the first skill I got to 100, then alchemy. Once you have those too, you can craft items of insanely good power.

I made the mistake of using the Alchemy/Enchanter exploit. Now I'm basically immortal and run around with a pickaxe murdering everything in sight. Though it is fund to play Giant golf and playing the part of the ball.

The final fight with Alduin was a bit of a let down after I forgot to remove my enchanted ring and killed him with a single arrow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:56 am 

played F1 online for the first time, it was an experience let me tell you!

generally it was ok, there were no first corner smash jobs!

a couple of people were a bit dirty though, on straights they would deliberately smash into you, but a couple of people were there for the right reasons and i had some pretty fun races!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:21 am 

vikz22 wrote:

couple of people were a bit dirty though, on straights they would deliberately smash into you but a couple of people were there for the right reasons and i had some pretty fun races!

I thought they were always ghost cars and couldn't connect anyway. Unless there's some option I haven't turned on somewhere?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:27 am 

minchy wrote:
vikz22 wrote:

couple of people were a bit dirty though, on straights they would deliberately smash into you but a couple of people were there for the right reasons and i had some pretty fun races!

I thought they were always ghost cars and couldn't connect anyway. Unless there's some option I haven't turned on somewhere?

I think if you spin off and then rejoin, the car briefly becomes a ghost car, but otherwise on track they are solid (or at least this was the case for me)

EDIT: Also the internet is full of cheaters! So many people overtake way off track and get a warning or something, well harsh!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:57 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
minchy wrote:
vikz22 wrote:

I think if you spin off and then rejoin, the car briefly becomes a ghost car, but otherwise on track they are solid (or at least this was the case for me)

EDIT: Also the internet is full of cheaters! So many people overtake way off track and get a warning or something, well harsh!

I think you have to play your friends to truly enjoy it. It's not like a PC sim where everyone there has spent days of their lives practicing, and wants to have a good, clean race. I hated people trying to ram me all the time on console onlines.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:33 pm 

I dont have an online pass for F1 2012 so can't play it, but on other F1 and racing games, if I do accidentally smash someone out of the way, I'll wait and let them pass. The good ones will return the favour at some point and its a nice gesture.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:42 pm 

f1madman wrote:
I dont have an online pass for F1 2012 so can't play it, but on other F1 and racing games, if I do accidentally smash someone out of the way, I'll wait and let them pass. The good ones will return the favour at some point and its a nice gesture.

i do the same as you,

there were a couple of us yesterday who raced very fairly, gave a lot of room and what not,

i was behind one person for 2 laps (only did a 3 lap race), and i would prod and probe, but not crash or bull doze, i loved it! it was close racing! I passed him eventually, though he gave me a lot of room to pass.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:33 pm 

I did a few races in F1 20111 with some folk from this forum - if you want to play you are better to get people that won't intentionally just be arseholes. I'm not very good.

Anyway, playing some Forza 4. Enjoying it, but I hte the amount of DLC there is. If I want every car, it'd cost me probably in the region of £100. I wouldn't mind but it gives you the option of selecting makes (like Tesla) that only have DLC cars within them. So it is constantly waving the DLC infront of you. I don't mind there being hundreds of cars if I don't constantly get taunted by them. Anyway, it's basically Forza 3 again. F1 moved on from 2010 to 2011 to 2012. Madden moved on from 2008 to 2009 (only two I have played). This just seems like the exact same game with some minor graphical improvements. Some new cars but it really does just feel like the same game. Perhaps we have come so far that every improvement gets smaller and smaller. But honestly, given I have Forza 3, I'm not sure Forza 4 has been worth it (and I got it cheap).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:55 pm 

F1 2012 is only 6.82€ in garmersgate right now.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-F12012/f1-2012

I'm not pro (actually bought the game 2 days ago) and I don't like wasting time looking for good setups (I only tweak them to prevent the basic understeering) but if somebody wants to try coop challenge then we may give it a go.