planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:06 pm 

So... Suarez gets an 8 game ban for racially abusing Evra...

and John Terry gets a 4 game ban for racially abusing Ferdinand...

Can't understand what the FA are thinking here...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:10 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
So... Suarez gets an 8 game ban for racially abusing Evra...

and John Terry gets a 4 game ban for racially abusing Ferdinand...

Can't understand what the FA are thinking here...

The FA deemed that Suarez must have said the word "N***o" somewhere in the region of 7 times .. 10 first claimed by Evra, 10 claimed by SAF, then changed to 5 or 6 ... so the FA decided on 7. Although no video proof, or corroborating evidence. therefore 4 games for using the word, then 4 more for apparently multiple times.
Terry proven to say "black c**t" once on video = 4 games only.

Honestly, I'm surprised the FA gave him any games. The difference in headlines tomorrow will be fun.
Racist Suarez (johnny foreigner) vs. Brave JT (Engurland Captain) is the trend so far, and I doubt the Mirror will splash "RACIST" across the back page like they did with LS.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:13 pm 

Why are you surprised?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:35 pm 

So, Arsenal sell some of their very best players and are undefeated in the Premier League.

Malaga sell some of their very best players and are undefeated in La Liga.

Porto sell some of their very best players and they are undefeated in the Portuguese Liga.

Trend? :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:42 pm 

SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
So, Arsenal sell some of their very best players and are undefeated in the Premier League.

Porto sell some of their very best players and they are undefeated in the Portuguese Liga.

The exception to the rule...

Liverpool FC ! :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:18 pm 

So Steve Kean resigns and the vast majority of Blackburn fans get what they want.

Feel really sorry for Kean. Must be the most disgraceful hounding out of a manager in football history. Blackburn fans are a disgrace.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:25 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
So Steve Kean resigns and the vast majority of Blackburn fans get what they want.

Feel really sorry for Kean. Must be the most disgraceful hounding out of a manager in football history. Blackburn fans are a disgrace.

i hate to say this about a set of fans, but i fully agree with you

he was never wanted at blackburn and the abuse he got, never deserved such a hounding

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:25 pm 

Edin Hazard... amazing player.

Juve hosting Roma today, over the last couple years this rivalry has really returned to something close to the intensity it had around 10 years ago when they were battling each other for the scudetto. And of course with the return of Zdenek Zeman to Roma's bench it's made it even more heated, with Zemanlandia dragging out all his old anti-Juve crap he's been spouting for going on two decades now. I actually don't mind Roma at all but Zeman is so full of it, he's unbearable.

I also sense that I'm the only one here who cares, do we have any other Serie A followers on here? :uhoh:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:44 pm 

ferrar1sta wrote:

You got that right!
we know what we are
we know what we are
champions of europe
we know what we are

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:01 pm 

ferrar1sta wrote:

Juve hosting Roma today, over the last couple years this rivalry has really returned to something close to the intensity it had around 10 years ago when they were battling each other for the scudetto. And of course with the return of Zdenek Zeman to Roma's bench it's made it even more heated, with Zemanlandia dragging out all his old anti-Juve crap he's been spouting for going on two decades now. I actually don't mind Roma at all but Zeman is so full of it, he's unbearable.

I also sense that I'm the only one here who cares, do we have any other Serie A followers on here? :uhoh:

i use to follow it religiously when i was younger! (loved Inter back then)

it use to be on Channel 4 in the UK, Football Italia (GOOOOOOOOAALLLLLL LAZOOO ) not sure what the real words were, but thats what it sounded like.

I watch it less and less now, tend more to stick to prem league and Spanish league!

but keep updating here! it would be nice to see how Serie A is doing!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:05 pm 

ferrar1sta wrote:

Yes! :D I am a big fan of Inter Milan. A long time ago, I picked a team in each of the top 6 European leagues (for various reasons) and have followed each league as closely as I can (hard to do from way the hell over here :( ).

Manchester United is my #1 team, though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:22 pm 

ferrar1sta wrote:

Sure. I'm big fan of Juve for many reasons. I never liked Inter and Milan :proud:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:25 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
ferrar1sta wrote:

it use to be on Channel 4 in the UK, Football Italia (GOOOOOOOOAALLLLLL LAZOOO ) not sure what the real words were, but thats what it sounded like.

I watch it less and less now, tend more to stick to prem league and Spanish league!

That's what it sounded like to me too. And I was an Inter man.

Wish James Richardson was on the more mainstream channels too - would be a big improvement on some of the nonentities currently presenting.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:28 pm 

Argentum wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
ferrar1sta wrote:

Wish James Richardson was on the more mainstream channels too - would be a big improvement on some of the nonentities currently presenting.

he was so awesome,

always talking in a little cafe in Italy, with his espresso and broad colourful news papers.

Inter were amazing team back in the day, and its a shame they didn't win the title then

Vieri, Ronaldo (recoba!!) Zanetti (who is a legend in my eyes)! paliugia (spelling? their keeper), i could go on!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:49 pm 

Another Saturday afternoon spanking for Saints. Everton's turn this time. :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:54 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
Another Saturday afternoon spanking for Saints. Everton's turn this time. :(

This is our best start to the season sine 2004. And in that season we qualified for the champions league. You were lucky with that goal, if we had a decent goalie (not Terry tourettes) then I think it would've been another 3-0 victory win in the premier league. But well played to you, you might win a few this year; you never know.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:33 pm 

AVB's greatest achievement for Chelsea to date.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:38 pm 

Bloody hell... why the **** didn't we start the first half like we did the second? Why didn't DDG play? Why did SAF dump the two old timers into midfield, with only RVP up front?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:54 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
Bloody hell... why the **** didn't we start the first half like we did the second? Why didn't DDG play? Why did SAF dump the two old timers into midfield, with only RVP up front?

I'm being a bit slow here, but whos DDG?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:06 pm 

David De Gea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:55 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
means we can get a decent defender to play alongside Rio in Defence.... if Rio doesn't tell Roy to F**k off if/when he calls about returning....

While we are on the subject of not so decent defenders...
After seeing todays game I'd think it's safe to say Rio will not be in that defence.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:59 pm 

We need a better midfield first....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:53 am 

vikz22 wrote:
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:

Enjoy it while you can. :nod:
I predict a wind of change in the next season or two. One of which will be disturbing to a fair few on here.
YNWA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:56 am 

Poker wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:

Enjoy it while you can. :nod:
I predict a wind of change in the next season or two. One of which will be disturbing to a fair few on here.
YNWA

I really hope it does for you guys!! :)

i can't believe you guys got Sahin though, he's unreal!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:13 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
ferrar1sta wrote:

Sure. I'm big fan of Juve for many reasons. I never liked Inter and Milan :proud:

Well then you would've enjoyed yesterday's match, Juve gave Roma quite a beating, they were up 3-0 after 20 minutes and ended up winning 4-1. :D Roma just didn't seem ready at all, right from kickoff they just didn't have any kind of intensity, they got steamrolled. They managed about 5-10 minutes of relative pressure before and after Osvaldo's penalty in the 2nd half but aside from that just didn't show up. Currently Napoli are managing to hang with Juve at the top of the table- they play away to Samp today- but I can't see any serious challengers to Juve this season, the Milano teams are both a mess and while I thought Roma were a contender before the season started, they look exactly like they did last year under Enrique, lacking confidence and very fragile at the back.

I'm actually an Udinese fan, but the less said about them the better at this point.

Also, something EPL-related which I found rather amusing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19774393 :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:17 pm 

Having looked at the stats... there should have been more time added...

6 subs... each requiring 30 seconds added = 3 minutes.... and the goals + other mess can't realistically result in a single minute on top of that

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:42 pm 

SDLRob wrote:

6 subs... each requiring 30 seconds added = 3 minutes.... and the goals + other mess can't realistically result in a single minute on top of that

Yes, that's true, what I found funny, though, was that his rationale for it being unfair was that it didn't give them enough time to win the game... Phrasing it that way practically invites complaints about "Fergie time." :-| :D I feel compelled now to add as a disclaimer that, yes, I admit Fergie is arguably the greatest club manager of all time and he makes his teams greater than the sum of their parts, etc.

And as an addendum to my above post, I think Lazio could actually end up being the most serious title challenger this season, Napoli have a strong team but they lack depth and experience, and they also have a tendency to lose their nerve at important points in the season; two years ago they actually were neck and neck with Milan for the Scudetto at the end of the season but ended up losing some crucial games they could've won, and it was the same last year when they were battling Udinese and Lazio for 3rd place, they don't have the same winning tradition and mentality as other clubs do, they still have the mentality of a provincial team trying to break into the elite, and they let themselves down at important moments. Lazio were the same last season and for years before that, but this year they seem to be different, with a new coach (Vladimir Petkovic) they're achieving a lot more consistent results, not getting into trouble with cards and constantly trying to create controversy, trying to paint every loss as part of a conspiracy against them, like they were under Edy Reja and like Napoli are still doing this year...

Last edited by ferrar1sta on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:56 pm 

yeah, the phrasing was not great... though this was the guy who before the game called Gareth Bale 'Christian Bale' :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:27 pm 

Well, Milan is trying to rebuild their team, but in a long run, they may be in top 5. I don't know what is going on n Inter. Generally Serie A is in crisis. It would be interesting to see how Juve will in Champions League to see real power of Serie A. I'm very happy about Juve after all that mess few years ago. Too bad all leagues are on paid channels :( I can't watch my teams. I follow results on radio and internet. Then goals on tv news.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:48 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
Too bad all leagues are on paid channels :( I can't watch my teams. I follow results on radio and internet. Then goals on tv news.

You know there are other ways to see it live. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:54 pm 

Argentum wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
ferrar1sta wrote:

The voice is actually saying Golaso (Italian for take a bow son, you've earned it) apparently. During my formative years Football Italia was my only live football fix as we spent all our Sky tv money on food and rent.
For me the best players in the world in the late 90s were coming out of Italy. Ronaldo, Recoba, Crespo, Peruzzi, Zanetti, Vieri, Totti, Batistuta, Davids, Trezeguet, Henry (I never got to see him play in Ligue 1, but did for Juve) Nesta, Maldini, Veron, Buffon, Thuram, Cannavaro.
Parma in particular had lots of players I liked, Nakata, Veron, Buffon, Adriano, Mutu, Thuram, Veron, Crespo. As a 12 year old, I loved their yellow and blue striped shirts as well:

Also bugged the hell out of me that the Nerazzurri could never seem to get the better of Juventus, probably because it mirrored Arsenal's position with Man Utd in England

On James Richardson, I've seen him somewhere on tv recently. Might have been La Liga Revista on Sky, or one of the ESPN UK broadcasts.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:22 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
Too bad all leagues are on paid channels :( I can't watch my teams. I follow results on radio and internet. Then goals on tv news.

You know there are other ways to see it live. ;)

Sure, but I don't enjoy watching sport that way, especially on my laptop.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:10 am 

SDLRob wrote:

He also makes a good point about timekeeping. The referee shouldn't be a timekeeper anymore. I know it's tradition, but so is relying on a line judge to see if the ball went over the goal line. There's a better way to do all of that now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:20 am 

dizlexik wrote:
Well, Milan is trying to rebuild their team, but in a long run, they may be in top 5. I don't know what is going on n Inter. Generally Serie A is in crisis. It would be interesting to see how Juve will in Champions League to see real power of Serie A. I'm very happy about Juve after all that mess few years ago. Too bad all leagues are on paid channels :( I can't watch my teams. I follow results on radio and internet. Then goals on tv news.

Shame about Serie A. It's still a top league, and I enjoy the matches, but the scandals and the exodus of internationally-recognized top players has taken some of the shine out of the league over the years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:26 am 

Used to follow Seria A a lot closer in the days of Maradonna, Van Basten and Gullit.

Always liked Napoli, but that could be for reasons of liking the underdog from the poor South.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:35 pm 

SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

Shame about Serie A. It's still a top league, and I enjoy the matches, but the scandals and the exodus of internationally-recognized top players has taken some of the shine out of the league over the years.

Indeed, it has fallen behind in recent years both on and off the pitch. Serie A essentially stagnated while other leagues moved forward, not helped either, of course, by a scandal of one sort or another every few years... :thumbdown: Having said that though, despite it already looking like they'll work out a deal with UEFA to get into the CL despite not meeting Financial Fair Play regulations I think Spanish football is in for a tough reality check over the next few years, with so many clubs in or heading for bankruptcy and the economic problems in the country.

Unfortunately living in Canada I never got to see the Football Italia show that everyone over there so loved, but there are bits of James Richardson on Youtube now, fantastic wit. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeNZcS_pJ_g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HQZnLqmqjM

He's been doing a popular football podcast for the Guardian for a few years now, don't know if he's on TV again. I think he might be part of the ESPN Serie A broadcasts, not sure.

And huggybear, I think the beginning of Serie A's decline was about 10 years ago when Fiorentina and Parma had financial problems, Parma especially had fantastic teams over the decade or so that they were major contenders. They were trying to do the same thing as Leeds in England and Valencia and Deportivo in Spain, establish themselves as one of the heavyweights, but it's not that easy... I'll always be proud of Udinese's high finishes in the late 90s above teams that were spending many times more, especially 3rd place in 1998 under Zaccheroni with Oliver Bierhoff's 28 goals. :thumbup:

Regarding Milan, Berlusconi felt he had to sell Ibra and T. Silva to balance the books, which is fair enough, but it's a big blow for their image and that of the league. :thumbdown: They have a lot of promising youngsters, but their preseason preparations were a mess and the team is taking a while to gel. I think, though, with the talent they have they should be back near the top before too long. Inter are finally trying to get younger, they got rid of a lot of their veterans this season, but the youngsters they have aren't of great quality, I think their rebuild is going to take a few more years at the least. On paper I think it's their weakest team for about 15 years, to be honest.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:21 pm 

The financial world has shifted over the past years, and not in favour of Italian football.

Where some 20, 30 years ago, Silvio could buy the best team money could get, there is nobody around now that can match the financial moguls supporting clubs in England, Spain and even France now.
Match attendance is a huge issue too, I don't think they've managed to even half fill the stadiums on average, whereas in other countries, that's lot higher (in England even a staggering 95+%), creating not only more direct revenues, but indirect from merchandising, plus the overall lower involvement of the fans makes for an enormous difference in TV revenues and sponsorship.
Even when FFP is introduced, it will be hard to enforce and it won't alter the revenue differences.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:48 pm 

bloody hell Puyol :( :(

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/cha ... broken-arm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:54 pm 

Horrible injury... complete accident as well.

Nervy game again for us.... our back four is just awful atm (though Rafael is looking better each game) and i can't wait for some of the injuries to heal and we get people like Smalling and Jones back (and Vidic).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:13 pm 

Blacklotus wrote:

:(

an el classico with no recognised centre backs, not good!