planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:01 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:01 pm
Posts: 78
Dr Lee wrote:
Mint wrote:
Rangers beaten again today. Anyone know why they only had 5 players on the bench (according to BBC) when you are allowed 7?


Sold the rest of the team to save cash


Mabey they have some historic shares in other teams they can sell off to generate some money....

Such an abhorrent detestable team and ownership

_________________
Official


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/gif-r ... al-shirts/

respect to Real Madrid after this showing :thumbup:

just goes to show, there may be differences when it comes to football, but not when it comes to being human!

great respect to Real Madrid after this


i couldn't believe my ears when i found out about Muamba, absolutely devastating news,

i wish him a speedy recovery and hope all is well with him (he's stable, but still in intensive care)

the situation reminds me of the Antonio Puerta (2007), and Daniel Jarque(2009) incidents where both players suffered heart attacks (to first order) and unfortunately are no longer with us because of it. very sad days for football then, and i really hope Muamba fights on and makes a full recovery!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 pm
Posts: 622
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17419654

_________________
http://rachie-d18.deviantart.com/ - Where I do drawings and such.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:01 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Barcelona
vikz22 wrote:
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/gif-real-madrid-wear-get-well-soon-muamba-animo-abidal-shirts/

respect to Real Madrid after this showing :thumbup:

just goes to show, there may be differences when it comes to football, but not when it comes to being human!

great respect to Real Madrid after this


i couldn't believe my ears when i found out about Muamba, absolutely devastating news,

i wish him a speedy recovery and hope all is well with him (he's stable, but still in intensive care)

the situation reminds me of the Antonio Puerta (2007), and Daniel Jarque(2009) incidents where both players suffered heart attacks (to first order) and unfortunately are no longer with us because of it. very sad days for football then, and i really hope Muamba fights on and makes a full recovery!!!!


+1

indeed, it's nice to see how when important things happen we still are able to set aside rivalries and trivialities like football and wrap together for what really matters, people. Tomorrow we'll be bitching at each other once again, but that will be a good sign, as that will mean there is nothing else important to worry about.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:01 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Barcelona
Rachie_D wrote:


poor guy, come on Muamba... you can win this match.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 2098
Even better news...

Quote:
#FabriceMuamba latest - He's now breathing without a ventilator and has been able to recognise family members and respond to questions

_________________
[Space for rent]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
Dr Lee wrote:
Even better news...

Quote:
#FabriceMuamba latest - He's now breathing without a ventilator and has been able to recognise family members and respond to questions



even betterer news....


http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17447938


Quote:
Fabrice Muamba and Owen Coyle have 'brief' conversation


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:56 am
Posts: 108
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/franc ... -football/

Beckham makes more money than Cristiano Ronaldo? Wow that's a lot of money.. Also Wenger is earning a pretty penny...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
Messi, there aren't enough words in any language on this planet to describe this little gem!!!

scored 234 goals, Barcelona's goal scoring record! another hat trick, 54 goals this season, his personal record, 34 in the league

i mean what can you say, this guy is a living legend, in my opinion, one of the best footballers, ever to kick a ball, and get this, he's only 24 years old!!!


Messi = God


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 7798
vikz22 wrote:
Messi, there aren't enough words in any language on this planet to describe this little gem!!!

scored 234 goals, Barcelona's goal scoring record! another hat trick, 54 goals this season, his personal record, 34 in the league

i mean what can you say, this guy is a living legend, in my opinion, one of the best footballers, ever to kick a ball, and get this, he's only 24 years old!!!


Messi = God

:nod: :nod: :nod:

_________________
eeee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:01 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Barcelona
vikz22 wrote:
Messi, there aren't enough words in any language on this planet to describe this little gem!!!

scored 234 goals, Barcelona's goal scoring record! another hat trick, 54 goals this season, his personal record, 34 in the league

i mean what can you say, this guy is a living legend, in my opinion, one of the best footballers, ever to kick a ball, and get this, he's only 24 years old!!!


Messi = God


nonetheless ! it almost feels unfair to compete with such a player in your ranks :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
Blacklotus wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
Messi, there aren't enough words in any language on this planet to describe this little gem!!!

scored 234 goals, Barcelona's goal scoring record! another hat trick, 54 goals this season, his personal record, 34 in the league

i mean what can you say, this guy is a living legend, in my opinion, one of the best footballers, ever to kick a ball, and get this, he's only 24 years old!!!


Messi = God


nonetheless ! it almost feels unfair to compete with such a player in your ranks :)



i think we've honestly been blessed having such an amazing player to watch in our generation, his attitude both on and off the field is exemplary.

phenomenal, simply phenomenal player


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
City win tonight keeping the title race just as exciting as ever!!!!



Liverpool!!! my god, 2-0 and cruising, final score 3-2 to QPR!!! 8O 8O 8O


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 2098
Saw a tweet when Liverpool got their 2nd goal... said they could 'Sit back and relax'...guess they did that a bit too much :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
[Space for rent]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 2567
Always very disappointing to lose a game... Especially with about 12 minutes to go, but got to admit that City was better yesterday..
One question though. Why did City play "One Step Beyond" after the game? If it was a one time thing to mock the Chelsea fans, then ok, but for any other reason it was just....sad.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
Real 1 - 1 Villareal

countless sendings off!! controversy galore!!


Ramos, definite sending off, no qualms there

Ozil straight red?! verbal abuse to the referee i guess, but a straight red! what did he say!


mourinho sent off, along with some other staff!!

Pepe got a yellow for simulation, even though he was bleeding (thats pretty impressive simulation!!)


wow, some dodgy refereeing y'day it would appear, but i don't know too much about the game


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:01 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Barcelona
vikz22 wrote:
Real 1 - 1 Villareal

countless sendings off!! controversy galore!!


Ramos, definite sending off, no qualms there

Ozil straight red?! verbal abuse to the referee i guess, but a straight red! what did he say!


mourinho sent off, along with some other staff!!

Pepe got a yellow for simulation, even though he was bleeding (thats pretty impressive simulation!!)


wow, some dodgy refereeing y'day it would appear, but i don't know too much about the game


business as usual with Mou and his portuguese gang. Until min.83 everything was running normally, with ups and downs here and there. Until that moment only Rui Faria (someone from the tech staff) was sent off. We're talking of someone that's been red carded FOUR times this season for foul language against the refs. So no surprises here. But oh alas, as it happens, Villareal then tied the match and plan B had to be taken. Player foul language, provocations, violent plays and of course, the usual blame-it-on-the-ref Mou tactics. Even most Madrid sport press have been extremely critical on him for his pathetic behavior and not being able to keep it all together when the team collapsed after the tie. The problem? apparently the kick off called on Kedhira (I believe) which resulted in the 1-1 match tie was "questionable". What they did not want you to talk about with all that soap opera they did were the TWO obvious penalties of Arbeloa not called or the fact that when one nears the match end just 0-1 due your poor tactics these things might happen. Barca know a thing or two this season about this, we've lost season a lot of points due that reason.

Mou has turned this team into a bunch of punks which very conveniently leverage childish behavior with gang band tactics only to divert the attention from where the real problem might be every time something does not go according to their plans.

Expect more of this season, specially now that the Liga seems to be heating up (6 points are still a lot) and potentially there could be a CL final against us should both teams manage to pass the remaining rounds.

I am sorry for you guys, because Mou next stop is UK 99%


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
Blacklotus wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
Real 1 - 1 Villareal

countless sendings off!! controversy galore!!


Ramos, definite sending off, no qualms there

Ozil straight red?! verbal abuse to the referee i guess, but a straight red! what did he say!


mourinho sent off, along with some other staff!!

Pepe got a yellow for simulation, even though he was bleeding (thats pretty impressive simulation!!)


wow, some dodgy refereeing y'day it would appear, but i don't know too much about the game


business as usual with Mou and his portuguese gang. Until min.83 everything was running normally, with ups and downs here and there. Until that moment only Rui Faria (someone from the tech staff) was sent off. We're talking of someone that's been red carded FOUR times this season for foul language against the refs. So no surprises here. But oh alas, as it happens, Villareal then tied the match and plan B had to be taken. Player foul language, provocations, violent plays and of course, the usual blame-it-on-the-ref Mou tactics. Even most Madrid sport press have been extremely critical on him for his pathetic behavior and not being able to keep it all together when the team collapsed after the tie. The problem? apparently the kick off called on Kedhira (I believe) which resulted in the 1-1 match tie was "questionable". What they did not want you to talk about with all that soap opera they did were the TWO obvious penalties of Arbeloa not called or the fact that when one nears the match end just 0-1 due your poor tactics these things might happen. Barca know a thing or two this season about this, we've lost season a lot of points due that reason.

Mou has turned this team into a bunch of punks which very conveniently leverage childish behavior with gang band tactics only to divert the attention from where the real problem might be every time something does not go according to their plans.

Expect more of this season, specially now that the Liga seems to be heating up (6 points are still a lot) and potentially there could be a CL final against us should both teams manage to pass the remaining rounds.

I am sorry for you guys, because Mou next stop is UK 99%



i prefer Mourinhno in the UK, means he's not in Spain!!!!

i think he has single handed turned Real into a thuggish petty club

i remember the old el classicos which were fairly civil affairs (not included the figo incident of course :) ) i mean remember the real fans applauding Ronaldhino!!!, this won't happen now

its a shame that the el classico, which is one of the most anticipated games in European football has turned into a spectacle of simulation, horrific fouling, back biting, winging/moaning, its a farce, especially when two of the greatest sides to have graced football are playing!!


6 points is a lot, but not impossible, especially considering we were 10 points behind before this weekend!


a hope, a chance


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:01 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Barcelona
vikz22 wrote:
Blacklotus wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
Real 1 - 1 Villareal

countless sendings off!! controversy galore!!


Ramos, definite sending off, no qualms there

Ozil straight red?! verbal abuse to the referee i guess, but a straight red! what did he say!


mourinho sent off, along with some other staff!!

Pepe got a yellow for simulation, even though he was bleeding (thats pretty impressive simulation!!)


wow, some dodgy refereeing y'day it would appear, but i don't know too much about the game


business as usual with Mou and his portuguese gang. Until min.83 everything was running normally, with ups and downs here and there. Until that moment only Rui Faria (someone from the tech staff) was sent off. We're talking of someone that's been red carded FOUR times this season for foul language against the refs. So no surprises here. But oh alas, as it happens, Villareal then tied the match and plan B had to be taken. Player foul language, provocations, violent plays and of course, the usual blame-it-on-the-ref Mou tactics. Even most Madrid sport press have been extremely critical on him for his pathetic behavior and not being able to keep it all together when the team collapsed after the tie. The problem? apparently the kick off called on Kedhira (I believe) which resulted in the 1-1 match tie was "questionable". What they did not want you to talk about with all that soap opera they did were the TWO obvious penalties of Arbeloa not called or the fact that when one nears the match end just 0-1 due your poor tactics these things might happen. Barca know a thing or two this season about this, we've lost season a lot of points due that reason.

Mou has turned this team into a bunch of punks which very conveniently leverage childish behavior with gang band tactics only to divert the attention from where the real problem might be every time something does not go according to their plans.

Expect more of this season, specially now that the Liga seems to be heating up (6 points are still a lot) and potentially there could be a CL final against us should both teams manage to pass the remaining rounds.

I am sorry for you guys, because Mou next stop is UK 99%



i prefer Mourinhno in the UK, means he's not in Spain!!!!

i think he has single handed turned Real into a thuggish petty club

i remember the old el classicos which were fairly civil affairs (not included the figo incident of course :) ) i mean remember the real fans applauding Ronaldhino!!!, this won't happen now

its a shame that the el classico, which is one of the most anticipated games in European football has turned into a spectacle of simulation, horrific fouling, back biting, winging/moaning, its a farce, especially when two of the greatest sides to have graced football are playing!!


6 points is a lot, but not impossible, especially considering we were 10 points behind before this weekend!


a hope, a chance


look the kind of thugs that surround Mou. It's amazing. This tweet is from Eladio Parames (https://twitter.com/#!/realeladio)

He's becoming increasingly infamous for bitching in tweeter against refs & Barca and anyone Mou points his finger on ...

portuguese >
"E certo q nos "desviaram" dois pontos mas mesmo assim jajajajajajajaja - perdao, nao consigo parar de rir ao olhar para baixo e ve-los a -6"

english >
"it's true they closed up two more points but hahahahhaha - sorry, I cant stop laughing looking down at them at -6"


and guess what? this guy is Mou's spokesperson ...and he's a grown guy in his 60s ! it's ridiculous!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 7798
Blacklotus wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
Real 1 - 1 Villareal

countless sendings off!! controversy galore!!


Ramos, definite sending off, no qualms there

Ozil straight red?! verbal abuse to the referee i guess, but a straight red! what did he say!


mourinho sent off, along with some other staff!!

Pepe got a yellow for simulation, even though he was bleeding (thats pretty impressive simulation!!)


wow, some dodgy refereeing y'day it would appear, but i don't know too much about the game


business as usual with Mou and his portuguese gang. Until min.83 everything was running normally, with ups and downs here and there. Until that moment only Rui Faria (someone from the tech staff) was sent off. We're talking of someone that's been red carded FOUR times this season for foul language against the refs. So no surprises here. But oh alas, as it happens, Villareal then tied the match and plan B had to be taken. Player foul language, provocations, violent plays and of course, the usual blame-it-on-the-ref Mou tactics. Even most Madrid sport press have been extremely critical on him for his pathetic behavior and not being able to keep it all together when the team collapsed after the tie. The problem? apparently the kick off called on Kedhira (I believe) which resulted in the 1-1 match tie was "questionable". What they did not want you to talk about with all that soap opera they did were the TWO obvious penalties of Arbeloa not called or the fact that when one nears the match end just 0-1 due your poor tactics these things might happen. Barca know a thing or two this season about this, we've lost season a lot of points due that reason.

Mou has turned this team into a bunch of punks which very conveniently leverage childish behavior with gang band tactics only to divert the attention from where the real problem might be every time something does not go according to their plans.

Expect more of this season, specially now that the Liga seems to be heating up (6 points are still a lot) and potentially there could be a CL final against us should both teams manage to pass the remaining rounds.

I am sorry for you guys, because Mou next stop is UK 99%

This is one of Mou weaknesses. Maybe he was angry but his team must win regardless of circumstances. He must be more pragmatic. Being sent off isn't helpful at all. I remember Arsene Wenger and Arsenal during 2006 champions league final. Their goalkeeper were sent off, but they still played very well. I think Arsenal even scored goal after that. That match didn't feel like 10 vs 11 at all.

_________________
eeee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 2567
Well that was 4th place gone for Chelsea.. Now the boys only have to win CL to be able to participate next year. Great.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:08 pm
Posts: 1836
Pretty happy right now. Spurs fans were going on for ages about Arsenal 'minding the gap' between the two teams. 35 minutes into the North London derby, Spurs were 13 points ahead of us. Since then, they've seen a 16 point swing in our favour. It's a wonderful, glorious thing.

Also, how wonderful that Liverpool have had back to back defeats against teams in the bottom three. They could realistically finish as low as 14th if they don't improve quickly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:08 pm
Posts: 1836
Interesting game tonight. at 1-1 Milan were right in it, but the second Barcelona penalty was incredibly soft and killed Milan. They were not the same after that goal.

And yes, I know it was technically a foul by Nesta, but both the Milan and Barcelona players have got their hands on each other, and Carles Puyol grabs Nesta's shirt and obstructs him at the same time. 4 different fouls in the box at the same time, and only the one committed by the Milan player is pulled up, but the three by Barcelona players get ignored? If it's a league game, they get all get a telling off and the corner is retaken.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 2098
Five points up and a single goal difference between the two teams... great turnaround by MUFC....

and Valencia's goal Monday was sublime.... 8)

_________________
[Space for rent]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:01 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Barcelona
huggybear wrote:
Interesting game tonight. at 1-1 Milan were right in it, but the second Barcelona penalty was incredibly soft and killed Milan. They were not the same after that goal.

And yes, I know it was technically a foul by Nesta, but both the Milan and Barcelona players have got their hands on each other, and Carles Puyol grabs Nesta's shirt and obstructs him at the same time. 4 different fouls in the box at the same time, and only the one committed by the Milan player is pulled up, but the three by Barcelona players get ignored? If it's a league game, they get all get a telling off and the corner is retaken.


my two cents

* Second half of Milan was better than his first
* They were entirely dominated most of the the game, specially during the first half
* After the 2-1 they still needed just one goal to kick us off the round yet they kept playing as if they were defending a favorable result
* If a seasoned defender such as Nesta it is so idiot as to blatantly grab and impede Sergio 's try to head kick the corner, then he got what he deserved : a penalty.
* Puyol blocking a foul? come on, we should repeat 90% of corner kicks if that was a considered a foul. Nesta's instead, blatantly impedes Sergio to participate in the play with his t-shirt grabbing.
* btw if this was this season's spanish league, that play would have ended at least with a yellow card for Puyol/Sergio

it was a tense game because most of the game you were 1 goal up or down to pass the round, but it was clearly dominated by Barcelona, despite their poor accuracy on target in the last meter. Check the stats : 4 vs *15* shots on goal. 14 vs 9 fouls. Nearly 70% Barça ball possession. Plant-the-bus and counter-attack Milan tactics. That is why they did not pass the round, not that penalty

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... index.html

Game changing ref events happen all the time in all games, but only the ones that favor Barça seems to be always magnified. Even in the spanish league in which this season ref mistakes are obviously unbalanced for us (for the worst) and for Madrid (for the best) you can see how whenever a ref mistake benefits us, it is immediately magnified in the press and put in context of that Mou-sponsored ref conspiracy built to favor Barça. It gets tiresome!

but well, that's football...good game against Chelsea ahead, look forward to it.

cheers :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:08 pm
Posts: 1836
Blacklotus wrote:
* Puyol blocking a foul? come on, we should repeat 90% of corner kicks if that was a considered a foul. Nesta's instead, blatantly impedes Sergio to participate in the play with his t-shirt grabbing.


Obstruction is clearly defined as a foul. So yes, Puyol's actions are worthy of a freekick. And yes, 90% of corners should be retaken for similar actions.

Both Nesta and Puyol committed fouls at the same time, so it's impossible to determine which came first and thus which takes precedence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:01 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Barcelona
huggybear wrote:
Blacklotus wrote:
* Puyol blocking a foul? come on, we should repeat 90% of corner kicks if that was a considered a foul. Nesta's instead, blatantly impedes Sergio to participate in the play with his t-shirt grabbing.


Obstruction is clearly defined as a foul. So yes, Puyol's actions are worthy of a freekick. And yes, 90% of corners should be retaken for similar actions.

Both Nesta and Puyol committed fouls at the same time, so it's impossible to determine which came first and thus which takes precedence.


Agreed, still I believe that blocking would not have been called ~90% of the times while Nesta's grab should. Anyways if you ask me I'd would have preferred this penalty never to happen to not feed the conspiracy theorists but for one, truth is that game was under Barcelona's control the great majority of time. After the 3-1 Barça focused more in controlling the match rather than scoring another goal. If we had not scored the 2-1 in that second penalty we would in any other play. As opposite to San siro, this time the field had an appropriate grass to play football. I'd been very lucky for Milan (and unfair) to pass the round playing like they did.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 2567
The mods should probably give me a temporary ban from this thread the night of the first Semi in London as well as for the game in Barcelona..
I could get ugly..

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:37 pm
Posts: 2039
Mr-E wrote:
The mods should probably give me a temporary ban from this thread the night of the first Semi in London as well as for the game in Barcelona..
I could get ugly..


Really, it's not the forums fault you've been poor this season. I even fancy our chances of pipping you for fifth spot :twisted:

_________________
If...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am
Posts: 2235
Emile Heskey just text me a joke about Andy Carroll.

_________________
I remember when this website was all fields.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
Banana Man wrote:
Emile Heskey just text me a joke about Andy Carroll.



:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
Newcastle win again!

9 goals in 8 games for Cisse, guy is a pretty damn good buy for 8M

champions league for Newcastle? perhaps..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:37 pm
Posts: 2039
vikz22 wrote:
Newcastle win again!

9 goals in 8 games for Cisse, guy is a pretty damn good buy for 8M

champions league for Newcastle? perhaps..


I'd happily take Europa league but if Chelsea Draw or lose and one of Spurs or Arsenal lose tomorrow and we win on Monday night against Bolton we will be in a Champions league position. The dream is still alive!

_________________
If...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:25 am
Posts: 53
Andy Carroll has apologised for walking straight down the tunnel last weekend, he was aiming for the bench...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 2567
robgowen90 wrote:
Andy Carroll has apologised for walking straight down the tunnel last weekend, he was aiming for the bench...


:lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 2567
Well 2-1 against Wigan.. I will see it as 1-1, because the first one was offside by about a mile.. I'm actually ashamed we won yesterday.
If Barcelona saw our game, I bet they aren't that nervous to play us. Terrible game from Chelsea.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 2098
Both goals were apparently offside.....

Big afternoon for the EPL, we could/SHOULD go 8 points clear today.....

_________________
[Space for rent]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:53 pm
Posts: 410
I give up with football.. something has to be done about the poor quality referees we have...

Today Lee Mason gave a penalty and a red card, wrong decision big time, player was offside so was not a goal scoring opportunity... makes me sick

Either the refs are making bad decisions or they are receiving bribes, either way something needs to be done


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 2098
the standard of the EPL officials has been in a spiral decline in the last few years... and the FA don't want to sort it out.

the ref's want the players to respect them... but the players cannot fully respect the ref's as they can't be sure what the hell they're going to call or not call next.

The Linesman had a clear view on Young, and should have flagged him

_________________
[Space for rent]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:35 pm
Posts: 210
Angel De La Muerte wrote:
I give up with football.. something has to be done about the poor quality referees we have...

Today Lee Mason gave a penalty and a red card, wrong decision big time, player was offside so was not a goal scoring opportunity... makes me sick

Either the refs are making bad decisions or they are receiving bribes, either way something needs to be done


Eh, it was awful but you can't blame the ref for the offside. If the linesman doesn't flag he has to assume the play is live, and if he gives the penalty the red card is standard.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group