planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:03 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:09 pm 

Puyol's injury looked awful. All from a dodgy landing as well. Song and Mascherano at CB is going to be terrifying, truly.

We just about scraped past Olympiacos tonight (the score flattered us). The worst game I've seen Vermaelen play for anyone.
Practically a DM when we didn't have the ball, holding an awful line with Koscielny, directly at fault for the chance they skied over from 5 yards out, directly at fault for their equaliser by allowing Mitroglou all the time and space in the world behind Koscielny and not tracking his run. At 2-1 up with 85 minutes on the clock, he decided he was going to play centre forward. Got booked as well in the first half for clattering through a player with his back to goal on the edge of our box.
Per Mertesacker cannot come back soon enough, he's been our best central defender this season by a country mile. Which is a pleasant surprise as last season asked lots of questions of him that he didn't all answer. He won't play at the moment though because Wenger likes Koscielny and will never drop his captain, even if he started scoring own goals in protest.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:09 pm 

Quote:
Hahahahaa, well done #fa I lied did I, #BUNCHOF****S

The above is a tweet by Ashley Cole...... looks like someone is looking for a FA charge today...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:28 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
Quote:

The above is a tweet by Ashley Cole...... looks like someone is looking for a FA charge today...

Just read something that was looking at all the England careers Terry ended. Capello, Ferdinand, Bridge, maybe Cole and himself. :lol:

Might not be entirely accurate and completely his fault but still pretty funny.

P.S. Please don't be mad Mr. E, Adameus and all other Chelsea fans, just a bit of fun :-P

Last edited by Zero on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:29 pm 

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/ ... onel-Messi

Interesting but long article about Messi for those inclined to read it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:36 pm 

Zero wrote:
SDLRob wrote:
Quote:

Just read something that was looking at all the England careers Terry ended. Capello, Ferdinand, Bridge, maybe Cole and himself. :lol:

P.S. Please don't be mad Mr. E, Adameus and all other Chelsea fans, just a bit of fun :-P

it is shocking just how many people have had their England careers destroyed by John Terry..... Has one man ever caused so much damage to the national team than Terry?

In some good news, Chris Smalling could make a return after the international break, would be great news for not only MUFC, but for the national team itself.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:24 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
Zero wrote:
SDLRob wrote:
Quote:

it is shocking just how many people have had their England careers destroyed by John Terry..... Has one man ever caused so much damage to the national team than Terry?

In some good news, Chris Smalling could make a return after the international break, would be great news for not only MUFC, but for the national team itself.

Let me be honest here:

Bridge:

i doubt his career was ended by Terry, i mean lets be honest, he was hardly a regular (no way near ahead of cole). I don't want to go too far into footballers personal lives, but wasn't bridge and the girl in question broken up when the affair happened?)

Ferdinand:

antoine? no way near an england place, no way near.

Rio:

Solid enough for england, as english Centre backs go (not saying much) but many injuries and a few suspect games i don;t think personally, he's got a place in the england squad

Capello:

proven manager, couldn't get the most out of, to be frank, a squad full of average players (or those playing very poorly, pathetic some of the performances, more then just the manager to blame). suspect tactics at times sealed the detail.

Cole:

i really hope this isn't the case, he has been great as a LB (one of the best in the world in my opinion) a couple of suspect games though, can't think of a like for like replacement.

The new england team, the youngsters coming through means exciting times!

Cahill has been a bit dodge, but i think with the right partner ship, he'll be class, others too, in all positions! (raheim stirling for liverpool looks like a great prospect!)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:50 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
Blacklotus wrote:

:(

an el classico with no recognised centre backs, not good!

not looking good at all... :( Pique does not look like he's going to make it for next sunday and without adriano my bet for Classico line up would be : for the defense valdes, masche, song as CBs (yikes!) and alba, alves on the wings then the MVP on the front with Messi, Villa and Pedro and Tello possibly coming in sometime in the 2nd half ...and then the complicated part, the midfield : busquets+xavi+cesc or xavi+cesc+iniesta? ... my guess is that having Song on the rear Tito will go for Xavi+Cesc+Iniesta to try to hold the insane pressure Madrid I'm expecting to put on us during the first 30-45 minutes. For once they need win or win so they shouldn't be planting the bus behind until and if they can get a favorable result during the game ... with this line up if we get behind Tito could do a 3-4-3 moving forward Alves to call an all out to eventually try to save the game.

too bad once again we're going to play with a crippled defense... 3rd time in a row already ? blimey

Bartra should get some minutes the sooner the better! we're permanently at risk with just pique and puyol as natural CBs although i must confess Song is surprisingly adapting to Barca style very quickly

the biggest question for me is that....without Pique and Puyol, who the hell is gonna stop

Edited by mod: apart from the obvious, even if slight, homophobic implications, may I remind you that we only accept forumers who are over 13 - and expected to behave as such?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:02 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
SDLRob wrote:
Zero wrote:
SDLRob wrote:
Quote:

Let me be honest here:

Bridge:

i doubt his career was ended by Terry, i mean lets be honest, he was hardly a regular (no way near ahead of cole). I don't want to go too far into footballers personal lives, but wasn't bridge and the girl in question broken up when the affair happened?)

Ferdinand:

antoine? no way near an england place, no way near.

Rio:

Solid enough for england, as english Centre backs go (not saying much) but many injuries and a few suspect games i don;t think personally, he's got a place in the england squad

Capello:

proven manager, couldn't get the most out of, to be frank, a squad full of average players (or those playing very poorly, pathetic some of the performances, more then just the manager to blame). suspect tactics at times sealed the detail.

Cole:

i really hope this isn't the case, he has been great as a LB (one of the best in the world in my opinion) a couple of suspect games though, can't think of a like for like replacement.

The new england team, the youngsters coming through means exciting times!

Cahill has been a bit dodge, but i think with the right partner ship, he'll be class, others too, in all positions! (raheim stirling for liverpool looks like a great prospect!)

In think this gives a chance for Baines to shine. He's certainly not like for like, but he is good in his own way: he can defend, he can attack, he has an absolute beautiful shot on him, he can cross the ball brilliantly, he doesn't stop running and finally HE CAN SCORE PENALTIES, if it was Baines stepping up to take that penalty against Italy, it would've gone in.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:48 pm 

2-2 :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:50 pm 

Good result for Barcelona considering their injured defenders and considering madrid didnt gain any points and are still 8 points behind.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:13 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
2-2 :)

too bad Motonya hit the post in the very last minute! they were lucky but truth is we did not do a game to deserve the win either. Could have been easily 0-2 in the first half, but then we were very lucky ones with that early Benzema post hit. I was expecting a much more aggressive Madrid but they seemed to settle with a draw most of the game. Once again we were lucky they did not, cause our performance in the midfield was faily average. Some genius plays along a few blatant fails. Tito's bet for Adriano as CB caught everyone by surprise and it's the definite proof of how badly crippled our defense is :( with Pique, Puyol, and Alves early in the game down, if only for that, I guess we should be happy to have drawn the game. Then 2-2 is a slightly better result for them than us, specially if they win at home in the second leg, but somehow I was hoping they'd try to play the same game they did in the Spain supercup 2nd leg (where they literally crushed us for the first 30-40 minutes) and try to cut off a few points from that 8 advantage but as said they did not, and often seemed to just settle for the draw. Also I am looking forward for the next time Valdes stops a CR kick ! heck, if I am not wrong latest 3 or 4 head-to-head plays between the two ended up with him scoring ... :/

Well, all in all i am ok with the result but certainly not happy at all. But that's life, behind are the times were we could beat Madrid 2-6 or 5-0 ... as much as I don't like the special one, I must concede he's finally built a heck of a team that's able to finally play against Barca head to head and even bring us to our knees hopeless like in those infamous 30-40 minutes of the last Spain supercup. Kudos for him, that'll make the season more interesting. Look forward to it !! :) :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:19 pm 

Man United last 7 games: WWWWLWW
Man City last 7 games: DLDLWDW
Chelsea last 7 games: DDWWWWW
Liverpool last 7 games: ROFLMAO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:23 pm 

Mr-E wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2014 Championship : 5th :)

PF1 2014 Castrol GP Predictor
2014 Fantasy League : 1st :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:11 pm 

fatboy72 wrote:
Mr-E wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Does anyone else think that the "Being Liverpool" documentary, is just Liverpool being desperate for more money?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:19 pm 

Mr-E wrote:

That's fab. I'm going to have to tweet that. Brilliant.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:32 pm 

Mr-E wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:24 pm 

Stolen from FB, but :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:58 pm 

How ridiculous.. The most modern stadium in my country with roof and still match is delayed due to rain.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:08 pm 

Poland should be punished for this... the fact that they didn't shut the roof when they knew it would rain heavily is enough... but to not bother even using brooms to clear the pitch....

Just moronic really.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:25 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
Poland should be punished for this... the fact that they didn't shut the roof when they knew it would rain heavily is enough... but to not bother even using brooms to clear the pitch....

Just moronic really.

The issue is that pitch cannot be closed once they trained under opened roof. FIFA rules. I'm not sure who is responsible for roof.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:47 pm 

Poland FA are... and they knew in advance that there was heavy rain set for tonight...yet they kept the roof open.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:54 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
Poland FA are... and they knew in advance that there was heavy rain set for tonight...yet they kept the roof open.

I'm all for punishing them, they do bad job all the time. But FIFA rules are ridiculous too. When yesterdays training took place without roof, the roof couldn't be closed today.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:57 pm 

they've known about the weather for a few days... they should have shut the roof yesterday....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:59 pm 

Game postponed.... hearing that, per FIFA rules, the game MUST take place tomorrow... but the Poland players are refusing as some have to play on Friday.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:38 pm 

Well it would have been a good game for Poland anyway. Cleverly at left mid? Instead of the Ox? And Cole starting ahead of Baines? I thought England's first half against San Marino was poor and I doubt we'll beat Poland with Lewandoski and Blasckshdkjhkhoski :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:02 pm 

I think this might be a new low for the Canadian men's national team. There was a lot of optimism this qualifying cycle because we had a much easier group than last time, Honduras, Panama and Cuba. Optimists were even saying that we might win the group. Instead this group of players proved their collective lack of interest in the national team by getting destroyed 8-1 in Honduras in a game where a point would have sent us through to the hexagonal round.

Funnily enough, while our team was getting some great results in the 80s and early 90s it really had virtually no talent, most of the players were amateur and semi-pro, but they took the national team program seriously even though the Canadian Soccer Association is a complete joke. These days most of our players make their money either in the US or in Europe and it's blatantly obvious that the effort they expend for the national team is only a small percentage of what they expend when playing for their clubs. I'm sure the likes of Julian De Guzman, Paul Stalteri, Kevin McKenna and all the other veterans on this team regret not pulling a Hargreaves and jumping ship to another national team when they were younger, and above all Dwayne De Rosario, arguably the best player in MLS over the last 10 years but who's never looked interested when playing for Canada.

I honestly don't know why I bother getting emotionally involved with this team.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:27 pm 

ferrar1sta wrote:
I think this might be a new low for the Canadian men's national team. There was a lot of optimism this qualifying cycle because we had a much easier group than last time, Honduras, Panama and Cuba. Optimists were even saying that we might win the group. Instead this group of players proved their collective lack of interest in the national team by getting destroyed 8-1 in Honduras in a game where a point would have sent us through to the hexagonal round.

Funnily enough, while our team was getting some great results in the 80s and early 90s it really had virtually no talent, most of the players were amateur and semi-pro, but they took the national team program seriously even though the Canadian Soccer Association is a complete joke. These days most of our players make their money either in the US or in Europe and it's blatantly obvious that the effort they expend for the national team is only a small percentage of what they expend when playing for their clubs. I'm sure the likes of Julian De Guzman, Paul Stalteri, Kevin McKenna and all the other veterans on this team regret not pulling a Hargreaves and jumping ship to another national team when they were younger, and above all Dwayne De Rosario, arguably the best player in MLS over the last 10 years but who's never looked interested when playing for Canada.

Canada's got some decent players. The de Guzmans (Jonathon is at Swansea now isn't he?), David Hoilett, Simeon Jackson, de Rosario as you mentioned. Still, having good players doesn't make a good team. Look at the Netherlands. They've had teams with Bergkamp and Kluivert up front, Van der Sar in goal, the de Boers, Overmars, Philipe Cocu, Edgar Davids, and done sod all.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:44 pm 

2-1 to barcelona, in the last minute against Celtic

Celtic defended well, but in the end, barca got their goal, and my god they fannyed around for it!

Tito has made a fundamental error in buying Song. I mean what the hell was he thinking, i said it once, before the season started and i will repeat it now, use Song, as a defensive midfielder but don't buy him as a centre back!!! i mean we have 2 injury prone centre backs (and only 2) and what do we do, buy a midfielder and play him in defense!!! i mean WTF. We have been the worse i've seen in at least a decade in defense, how we didn't lose to real and how lucky we've been in 4/5 games where last minutes goals have saved our blushes.

This season is going to be difficult, more so for the fact we don't have defenders. We need defenders, we're not even playing youth defenders really! We play against teams where one attack results in a goal, namely due to poor marking, and woeful free kick defense,

Every free kick against us i think is going to be a goal, thank god we can keep the ball!!

we really need to sort this defense out, the sooner pique and puyol come back the better!

rant over!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:56 pm 

vikz22 wrote:

Celtic defended well, but in the end, barca got their goal, and my god they fannyed around for it!

Tito has made a fundamental error in buying Song. I mean what the hell was he thinking, i said it once, before the season started and i will repeat it now, use Song, as a defensive midfielder but don't buy him as a centre back!!! i mean we have 2 injury prone centre backs (and only 2) and what do we do, buy a midfielder and play him in defense!!! i mean WTF. We have been the worse i've seen in at least a decade in defense, how we didn't lose to real and how lucky we've been in 4/5 games where last minutes goals have saved our blushes.

This season is going to be difficult, more so for the fact we don't have defenders. We need defenders, we're not even playing youth defenders really! We play against teams where one attack results in a goal, namely due to poor marking, and woeful free kick defense,

Every free kick against us i think is going to be a goal, thank god we can keep the ball!!

we really need to sort this defense out, the sooner pique and puyol come back the better!

rant over!

It reminds me of 2006 world cup. Both France and Italy played horribly, but they achieved what they achieved in 2006. As long as they are winning, I'm not interested how it happens.

Oh and in Italy, Juve is finally sole leader :) , but they can't play outside Italy.. :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:59 pm 

my God.... what an utterly horrendous first 30 minutes... how we managed to claw the win out i don't know.... Well, i do... Hernandez. He got us the win tonight, should have gotten a couple more goals as well, had the ref gotten two of the offside calls right and let him continue...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:19 pm 

And Chelsea got slaughtered by Shaktar..
I'm going to bed now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:04 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
I'm going to bed now.

No shame in that. I have a casual interest in Ukrainian football as Dynamo Kiev are my (random) second team.

Shakhtar are one SERIOUSLY good team. They had a nightmare in last years group stage but the year before they were one of the best teams in the tournament. Trouble was they drew Barcelona in the quaters and didn't get as far as they perhaps deserved.

Kiev on the other hand have been crap for best part of a decade now. Gone are the days of Messrs Shevchenko and Rebrov ripping Barca, Real Madrid and Arsenal apart.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:13 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
Mr-E wrote:
I'm going to bed now.

No shame in that. I have a casual interest in Ukrainian football as Dynamo Kiev are my (random) second team.

Shakhtar are one SERIOUSLY good team.

That's kind of what I thought tonight.. Chelsea was BAD, but Shaktar played really well. I wouldn't be surprised if this years team went really far this year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:58 pm 

huggybear wrote:
ferrar1sta wrote:

Canada's got some decent players. The de Guzmans (Jonathon is at Swansea now isn't he?), David Hoilett, Simeon Jackson, de Rosario as you mentioned. Still, having good players doesn't make a good team. Look at the Netherlands. They've had teams with Bergkamp and Kluivert up front, Van der Sar in goal, the de Boers, Overmars, Philipe Cocu, Edgar Davids, and done sod all.

Actually, you highlighted part of the problem; Jonathan De Guzman has already committed to the Dutch national team (has featured for their U-21 team) and David Hoilett is holding out for an England call-up, presumably he'll pull a Radzinski and eventually start playing for us at the tail end of his career. And that's just to name two. The CSA needs to make a more aggressive effort to make sure promising talents commit to the country they were born and raised in earlier in their careers. Maybe the worst of the bunch is Asmir Begovic, who even received athletic sponsorship money from the Canadian government and then went to play for Bosnia & Herzegovina.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:36 am 

vikz22 wrote:

rant over!

I agree Tito wanted an ambivalent player in the back and we ended up with a good DM and average CB. He seems to have realized of this, if you watched the game yesterday (at Rayo's 0-5) we played with Busquets & Adriano as CB and then Song as DM.

I think the answer is actually in the youth ranks Vik. In Marc Bartra along with Fontas and Muniesa we have the future Puyols & Piques. They were set to play games with them and grow up this season. But then again injures have been tough on us. Last year preseason Fontas got injured for 6-8 months, only to come back just recently, not fit enough for the first team (he just got lent to Mallorca, very good idea). Then Muniesa torn his anterior cruciate ligament during july preseason, 6 months out. Then Pique and Puyol (twice!) ... then Adriano and Alves adding 3 injury wks to an already average season start. Only Bartra is up from the plan (and doing quite well actually, but still very young)

anyways, no wonder as of today we've conceded more goals as of today than in the whole last season!

but well, on the upside things look very good. We're still unbeaten in the league, +8 over Madrid and with a very strong forward/midfield pack. Messi is on fire, Villa coming back very quickly, Pedro is being Pedro again, finally! Tello adapting very quickly too, and proving to be one of the best AW this season. Only Alexis seems to keep underperforming in the forward line up. Then Cesc is becoming the AM we all wanted to see last season. Xavi and Iniesta well, are being Xavi and Iniesta :)

I think if we can keep this level now when we get back our A-team defense, with Pique, Puyol, Alves come back we'll very in a very good position to be in the CL top-4 and nailing this Liga. And who knows, we might even get back Abi! He's training hard to get back and doing well so far, even if just for the team morale, it'd be the greatest things it could ever happen to the team.

oh btw, did you know Marc Bartra has a twin brother...who also happens to play football! we might end up getting a 2x1 ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:53 am 

Blacklotus wrote:
vikz22 wrote:

rant over!

I agree Tito wanted an ambivalent player in the back and we ended up with a good DM and average CB. He seems to have realized of this, if you watched the game yesterday (at Rayo's 0-5) we played with Busquets & Adriano as CB and then Song as DM.

I think the answer is actually in the youth ranks Vik. In Marc Bartra along with Fontas and Muniesa we have the future Puyols & Piques. They were set to play games with them and grow up this season. But then again injures have been tough on us. Last year preseason Fontas got injured for 6-8 months, only to come back just recently, not fit enough for the first team (he just got lent to Mallorca, very good idea). Then Muniesa torn his anterior cruciate ligament during july preseason, 6 months out. Then Pique and Puyol (twice!) ... then Adriano and Alves adding 3 injury wks to an already average season start. Only Bartra is up from the plan (and doing quite well actually, but still very young)

anyways, no wonder as of today we've conceded more goals as of today than in the whole last season!

but well, on the upside things look very good. We're still unbeaten in the league, +8 over Madrid and with a very strong forward/midfield pack. Messi is on fire, Villa coming back very quickly, Pedro is being Pedro again, finally! Tello adapting very quickly too, and proving to be one of the best AW this season. Only Alexis seems to keep underperforming in the forward line up. Then Cesc is becoming the AM we all wanted to see last season. Xavi and Iniesta well, are being Xavi and Iniesta :)

I think if we can keep this level now when we get back our A-team defense, with Pique, Puyol, Alves come back we'll very in a very good position to be in the CL top-4 and nailing this Liga. And who knows, we might even get back Abi! He's training hard to get back and doing well so far, even if just for the team morale, it'd be the greatest things it could ever happen to the team.

oh btw, did you know Marc Bartra has a twin brother...who also happens to play football! we might end up getting a 2x1 ;)

hi blacklotus,

all great points (as usual :) )

we have been unlucky with injuries this season, all concentrated on the defense, but i still feel a CB (like Agger who we were linked with) would have been a better acquisition then Song, but we are still winning games, and remaining unbeaten is fantastic early on this season.

Real also have defensive issues too, a lot of injuries, but to remain 8 points ahead so early on, considering our defensive frailties of late, is great.

Tello is my favourite youngster, by far, he impressed me so much in the few games he played at the end of last season, and this season he is several orders of magnitude better, and he'll only continue to improve with experience!

Abidal is someone we really missed and would be perfect for us now, he had decent pace for his age and great defensive mind.

we need to beat Celtic in the Champ league and Boom, we're through

this will be a testing few weeks, but once injured players come back, we should be fine!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:59 pm 

I did say that Song wasn't very good at centreback and it would be painful for you if he had to play there.
Here's an idea. We need a striker that isn't New-Bendtner, you guys need a centreback. You can take Squillaci and Djourou plus some cash, and we can have Villa?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:05 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
we have been unlucky with injuries this season, all concentrated on the defense, but i still feel a CB (like Agger who we were linked with) would have been a better acquisition then Song, but we are still winning games, and remaining unbeaten is fantastic early on this season.

Real also have defensive issues too, a lot of injuries, but to remain 8 points ahead so early on, considering our defensive frailties of late, is great.

Tello is my favourite youngster, by far, he impressed me so much in the few games he played at the end of last season, and this season he is several orders of magnitude better, and he'll only continue to improve with experience!

Abidal is someone we really missed and would be perfect for us now, he had decent pace for his age and great defensive mind.

we need to beat Celtic in the Champ league and Boom, we're through

this will be a testing few weeks, but once injured players come back, we should be fine!

Yes Agger certainly would have been a great addition at least for this season. I like him. But still we needed a replacement for Busquets. Bear in mind Keita is gone. If Busquets gets injured/sent off without Song we'd be left without a natural DM (well, only Masche). The ideal replacement would have been At.Bilbao´s Javi Fernandez, but then only Bayern wanted to pay that insane 40m clause.

November is going to be an intense month, with nearly 30,000 km in flights between Barça and the Spanish team. If we can make it through in one piece, we might face the last month before christmas stop with Pique & Alves back onboard and Puyol shortly after

Agree with Tello btw! love this guy, blazing fast, excellent dribbling, passing and opponent overrunning. He kind of reminds me the style of Thierry Henri, in that if he's given space to run and do his thing he's lethal. And he´s yet to have spent his first year with the first team! Isaac Cuenca is the perfect replacement for him when the rival leaves no space to run you need better dribbling/passing in just a few inches

Enjoying Jordi Alba too...I am still mourning for Gareth bale but Jordi came much cheaper and it is proving as a great LD, blazing fast too and excellent defending & passing, and he can even score...! even in our own goal ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:17 pm 

huggybear wrote:
I did say that Song wasn't very good at centreback and it would be painful for you if he had to play there.
Here's an idea. We need a striker that isn't New-Bendtner, you guys need a centreback. You can take Squillaci and Djourou plus some cash, and we can have Villa?

indeed you were absolutely right with Song.

not a bad deal! :) although I'd rather save the cash we might get from Villa to try to get Neymar in 2014. The problem with our defense should be temporary...if we can make it through this season next one we should have Bartra and Fontas for free as the natural replacements for Puyol & Pique. Alves & Montoya in the RD, and Alba & Adriano on the LD. And maybe even Abidal. Then we should be ok again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:07 pm 

Chelsea lodge complaint against today's ref claiming he used inappropriate words against 2 black Chelsea players. No word that they were racist comments though.

I tell you, football is in meltdown.

Is he has said something wrong then he should be punished but considering JT remains captain of their club, it does have a certain irony to it all.