planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:01 pm 

Balotelli shouldn't be on the pitch here.... two potentially career ending hits on Song and two handballs in as many seconds....

He will hurt someone badly before this game is over.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:05 pm 

Dr Lee wrote:
Balotelli shouldn't be on the pitch here.... two potentially career ending hits on Song and two handballs in as many seconds....

He will hurt someone badly before this game is over.

Well that was wholly unsurprising :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:15 pm 

Hearing talk of a potential 5 game ban here... which would end his season.... GOOD!!! that scumbag will end someone's career sooner than later.

All in all though.... it's a damn good day to be a MUFC fan :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:16 pm 

Dr Lee wrote:
Hearing talk of a potential 5 game ban here... which would end his season.... GOOD!!! that scumbag will end someone's career sooner than later.

league number 20?

just need 2 more european cups to stop the "we won it 5 times" chant from liverpool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:35 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
Dr Lee wrote:

league number 20?

just need 2 more european cups to stop the "we won it 5 times" chant from liverpool

It will be Number 20 when we win...... and yeah, two more CL wins would be great, but i can't see that happening for a while...

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/beer-bottle-thrown-at-arsenal-s-wojciech-szczesny-from-crowd-who-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:23 pm 

Real madrid 0 - 0 Valencia

i watched the second half and how real didn't score, i don't know! Some fantastic keeping by the valencian goal keeper.

4 points gap now..

a hope....... a chance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:09 am 

Dr Lee wrote:
the standard of the EPL officials has been in a spiral decline in the last few years... and the FA don't want to sort it out.

the ref's want the players to respect them... but the players cannot fully respect the ref's as they can't be sure what the hell they're going to call or not call next.

The Linesman had a clear view on Young, and should have flagged him

We've not had decent refs for at least 10 years, maybe even longer.

All of them have a bias to the big teams except Arsenal, which sounds like sour grapes, but Man Utd have had 8 penalties at home, Man City and I think Chelsea have had 7, yet Arsenal have not been given a penalty at home this season.
Besides that weird penalty stat, big teams get calls for minimal contact, but a small team playing away practically needs to be chokeslammed in the box for the ref to even consider it.

There's also no consistency from the FA.
Take Mario Balotelli today for example. Should have been a straight red for his tackle on Song. Knee high, studs showing. A planted leg and it's snapping in two. Not worthy of a card according to the ref. 15 minutes later, another late, another knee high, another studs showing tackle, this time on Sagna, and no card. At the very least it's a yellow for persistent fouling - although if the refs bothered to read their rule book they'd know both tackles warranted a straight red for serious foul play. He only gets booked after a third late, knee high, studs up tackle late in the first half. A semi competent ref would have sent him off for any of those tackles, and even a mildly competent ref would have given two yellows for 2 of those 3.
But apparently not Martin Atkinson. At the end of the game I felt a bit bad for Balotelli, as he'd been allowed to do whatever the hell he wanted all day, and got his second yellow for the softest tackle he put in all game. He should have been off after 19 minutes, but the referee set the precedent and let him think he could tackle how he wanted without fear of a booking, then abruptly changed his mind a minute from the end.
And Balotelli might be looking at a 5 game ban, which is fair enough for his serious foul play, but if the ref hadn't bottled it and had sent him off for the first tackle like he should have, he wouldn't have been on the pitch to tackle some more, and would have only had the three game ban. The worst that will happen to Atkinson for his total ineptitude today will be a weekend refereeing in the Championship at the most, and probably nothing will happen to him at all. That cannot be right. In any other profession he'd be on probation, or possibly the sack, as it's not his first dodgy performance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:42 am 

I saw some stats yesterday that put both United & City as having 7 penalties given for me at home this season (with Us getting two more away).

I agree, Balotelli should have been long gone for that first hack on Song, but the ref bottled it big time, and we saw a number of rough challenges from both sides after that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:02 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
Real madrid 0 - 0 Valencia

i watched the second half and how real didn't score, i don't know! Some fantastic keeping by the valencian goal keeper.

4 points gap now..

a hope....... a chance

getting there ! still 4 points to go but if we managed to close the gap just one more we'd depend on ourselves to win the league.

it's really complicated if not impossible ... but well, we'll see very soon, we cannot afford a single point loss with most complicated part of the league second leg already passed ... Madrid has two tough away matches against Athletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao and then of course at Barca's next 21st

Last edited by Blacklotus on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:14 pm 

huggybear wrote:
Dr Lee wrote:
the standard of the EPL officials has been in a spiral decline in the last few years... and the FA don't want to sort it out.

the ref's want the players to respect them... but the players cannot fully respect the ref's as they can't be sure what the hell they're going to call or not call next.

All of them have a bias to the big teams except Arsenal, which sounds like sour grapes, but Man Utd have had 8 penalties at home, Man City and I think Chelsea have had 7, yet Arsenal have not been given a penalty at home this season.
Besides that weird penalty stat, big teams get calls for minimal contact, but a small team playing away practically needs to be chokeslammed in the box for the ref to even consider it.

Take Mario Balotelli today for example. Should have been a straight red for his tackle on Song. Knee high, studs showing. A planted leg and it's snapping in two. Not worthy of a card according to the ref. 15 minutes later, another late, another knee high, another studs showing tackle, this time on Sagna, and no card. At the very least it's a yellow for persistent fouling - although if the refs bothered to read their rule book they'd know both tackles warranted a straight red for serious foul play. He only gets booked after a third late, knee high, studs up tackle late in the first half. A semi competent ref would have sent him off for any of those tackles, and even a mildly competent ref would have given two yellows for 2 of those 3.
But apparently not Martin Atkinson. At the end of the game I felt a bit bad for Balotelli, as he'd been allowed to do whatever the hell he wanted all day, and got his second yellow for the softest tackle he put in all game. He should have been off after 19 minutes, but the referee set the precedent and let him think he could tackle how he wanted without fear of a booking, then abruptly changed his mind a minute from the end.
And Balotelli might be looking at a 5 game ban, which is fair enough for his serious foul play, but if the ref hadn't bottled it and had sent him off for the first tackle like he should have, he wouldn't have been on the pitch to tackle some more, and would have only had the three game ban. The worst that will happen to Atkinson for his total ineptitude today will be a weekend refereeing in the Championship at the most, and probably nothing will happen to him at all. That cannot be right. In any other profession he'd be on probation, or possibly the sack, as it's not his first dodgy performance

Agreed. This guy remembers me of Pepe. Both should be banned for life from football. They're a threat the other players. He hot a direct sent off for a similar tackle on Alves. It was the first one and he did not hit his leg yet if he had done, we'd be probably talking in different terms. Of course that was highly criticized and the ref accused of conditioning the whole CL semis round and, as oposite to what Mancini has done, his coach and some of their [mostly radical] supporters back and encourage him 100% with shouts of "Pepe matalo, matalo" [ pepe kill him, kill him, referring to Messi ]. This is the latest pearl he's left us this weekend, worth an oscar ... hilarious, the idiot was so focused in overeacting that hit his own team mate xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPa8NNoTHpo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:53 pm 

Blacklotus wrote:
huggybear wrote:
Dr Lee wrote:

Agreed. This guy remembers me of Pepe. Both should be banned for life from football. They're a threat the other players. He hot a direct sent off for a similar tackle on Alves. It was the first one and he did not hit his leg yet if he had done, we'd be probably talking in different terms. Of course that was highly criticized and the ref accused of conditioning the whole CL semis round and, as oposite to what Mancini has done, his coach and some of their [mostly radical] supporters back and encourage him 100% with shouts of "Pepe matalo, matalo" [ pepe kill him, kill him, referring to Messi ]. This is the latest pearl he's left us this weekend, worth an oscar ... hilarious, the idiot was so focused in overeacting that hit his own team mate xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPa8NNoTHpo

:lol: :lol: Pepe

I shudder to think what he will do to robben in the CL, who seemingly gets hurt if hes caught by a strong gust of wind..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:09 pm 

Zero wrote:
Blacklotus wrote:
huggybear wrote:
Dr Lee wrote:

:lol: :lol: Pepe

I shudder to think what he will do to robben in the CL, who seemingly gets hurt if hes caught by a strong gust of wind..

lol, i saw this yesterday and was hoping you guys would pick up on it! jokes!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:24 am 

How in gods name was this published in the wall street journal? One of the most stupid articles I have ever read.. The NFL is trying to go out of its way to introduce the sport to European audiences, but 'soccer' can't do the same in America? Perhaps the all knowing author should look up viewership figures for the world cup final vs the superbowl. Its roughly 700 mil for the WC and 110 mil for the superbowl (this was a record viewership rating).

Truly sad..

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1236801 ... bs=article

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:11 am 

Zero wrote:
How in gods name was this published in the wall street journal? One of the most stupid articles I have ever read.. The NFL is trying to go out of its way to introduce the sport to European audiences, but 'soccer' can't do the same in America? Perhaps the all knowing author should look up viewership figures for the world cup final vs the superbowl. Its roughly 700 mil for the WC and 110 mil for the superbowl (this was a record viewership rating).

Truly sad..

that was the worst sporting article i've ever read, hands down, i mean wtf?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:22 am 

Zero wrote:

Truly sad..

"Indeed, soccer is a liberal's dream of tragedy: It creates an egalitarian playing field by rigorously enforcing a uniform disability"

:lol: guess he doesn't like either baseball, basketball, tenis... xD

amazing! this guy is totally nuts ... but well, what can you expect of a theologist like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_H._Webb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:57 pm 

Little (very little) crisis in MU?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:02 pm 

Ref who is an utter prat... and a few players just knackered out from a few games in a short period of time....

As tiddled off as i am with the result.... we're still 5 points clear... and we still have to play City

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:21 pm 

dizlexik wrote:

I judge the crisis level in MU based on how many expletives Dr. Lees posts contain.. So waiting for that eagerly. :lol:

Dammit he posted as I was posting this.. That's what I get for not refreshing the thread before replying! :blush:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:37 pm 

Zero wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

I judge the crisis level in MU based on how many expletives Dr. Lees posts contain.. So waiting for that eagerly. :lol:

Dammit he posted as I was posting this.. That's what I get for not refreshing the thread before replying! :blush:

Believe me..... my Twitter has been full of curses and naughty words tonight.....

But we still have a 5 point lead and we have to play City in a couple of weeks time... we just need to get our heads back and score some f**king goals! :x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:16 pm 

Dr Lee wrote:
Zero wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

Believe me..... my Twitter has been full of curses and naughty words tonight.....

But we still have a 5 point lead and we have to play City in a couple of weeks time... we just need to get our heads back and score some f**king goals! :x

5 points clear though, with only 5 games to go, decent run in as well, its not to shabby, although 8 points is of course better then 5 points,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:24 pm 

vikz22 wrote:
Dr Lee wrote:
Zero wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

5 points clear though, with only 5 games to go, decent run in as well, its not to shabby, although 8 points is of course better then 5 points,

It is... but i'm selfish.... i wanted 8 points :lol:

the rabid fan in me wants to shout and rant about how the ref didn't give a clear handball penalty for us.... and that the Wigan goal came from a wigan corner that was actually a MUFC goal kick....

But TBH, it sounded like we were utter fairy cakes out there tonight and maybe this defeat will show the team that they haven't won it yet and still have to push like a hell....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:31 pm 

Dr Lee wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
Dr Lee wrote:
Zero wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

It is... but i'm selfish.... i wanted 8 points :lol:

the rabid fan in me wants to shout and rant about how the ref didn't give a clear handball penalty for us.... and that the Wigan goal came from a wigan corner that was actually a MUFC goal kick....

But TBH, it sounded like we were utter fairy cakes out there tonight and maybe this defeat will show the team that they haven't won it yet and still have to push like a hell....

I'm in double turmoil!

on the one hand, Leicester City FC are only 3 points from play offs! even though we lost a couple of games, 2 wins on the trott brings us back into contention!

on the other hand, Barcelona are only 4 points behind real madrid, its ever so tight,

Dream = Leicester win promotion via play offs, and Barcelona lift la liga title for 4th time

one can dream though :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:47 am 

vikz22 wrote:
I'm in double turmoil!

on the one hand, Leicester City FC are only 3 points from play offs! even though we lost a couple of games, 2 wins on the trott brings us back into contention!

on the other hand, Barcelona are only 4 points behind real madrid, its ever so tight,

Dream = Leicester win promotion via play offs, and Barcelona lift la liga title for 4th time

one can dream though :D

You can't have everything. Last year all of my teams, but one won almost everything :( Even MU vs Barca final was perfect because I prefer Barca over MU. MU was my second favorite team. But it wasn't prefect season :frown:

ahh and Barca lost one cup to Real. It was horrible season :-| ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:34 pm 

R.I.P piermario morosini, an ex udinese player :'(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:14 pm 

Now that's more like it from MUFC....

Young pen was a pen... but he did over-act the fall..... but Given was VERY lucky to stay on the pitch after his clear handball outside the box... even the linesman flagged it, but the ref ignored it all :uhoh:

Stupid contingent of Chelsea fans ruining the minutes silence for Hillsborough (and the poor player yesterday) in revenge for playing today are utter moronic ****s

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:05 am 

Yup. Hate Liverpool but any kind of mocking/abuse of Hillsborough is simply unacceptable.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 pm 

JB2012 wrote:

poor guy, just 26 yrs old :(

on the bright side seems Muamba made it out the Hospital. I am glad he got a second chance to enjoy life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:59 pm 

Is Van Persie turning into the biggest cock in the premier league?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:22 pm 

PzR Slim wrote:
Is Van Persie turning into the biggest cock in the premier league?

Ashley Young is up there for that one as well

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:41 am 

Blacklotus wrote:
JB2012 wrote:

poor guy, just 26 yrs old :(

on the bright side seems Muamba made it out the Hospital. I am glad he got a second chance to enjoy life

sad news, only 26 as well,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:38 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNx5ok60U6A&feature=colike

Gary Neville on MNF last night talking about the Diving 'Problem' in the EPL atm..... :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:48 pm 

Dr Lee wrote:

Gary Neville on MNF last night talking about the Diving 'Problem' in the EPL atm..... :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Gary Neville = fantastic pundit!

I'm so impressed with the way he pundits,

the guy speaks the most sense out of any pundit i've heard in a very long time, he's very balanced, and talks about things that all football fans can relate too, i'm so glad he's there giving his viewpoint

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:19 pm 

Dr Lee wrote:

:thumbup: well said gary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:43 pm 

it's nice to see someone talking about diving and not using Young as the only example.... starting to feel a bit like a vendetta against MUFC with the way the media have been pointing out Young's over-acting when fouled and ignoring some of the other incidents of much more clear cut diving

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:47 pm 

Dr Lee wrote:
it's nice to see someone talking about diving and not using Young as the only example.... starting to feel a bit like a vendetta against MUFC with the way the media have been pointing out Young's over-acting when fouled and ignoring some of the other incidents of much more clear cut diving

i think its nice to finally have an objective pundit/analyser,

Gary Neville has been nothing short of sublime this season, compared to the rest of the crap pundits, he's a breath of fresh air,

incredibly unbiased, very good reporting, he's just fantastic,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:37 pm 

Bayern Munich 2 - 1 Real Madrid

away goal though, interesting second tie

now for Barca and Chelsea :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:53 pm 

vikz22 wrote:

:nod:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:57 pm 

vikz22 wrote:

+1 :)

the away goal was one of the most stupid goals ever. I still don't know what was the BM defense doing. Once again you we could see the double standards of Mourinho when the triple-tackle on Mario Gomez called for an obvious penalty he was caught by the tv camera mocking of those who claimed it. Same play, different players, and he'd had the perfect excuse to divert attention from him to the ref, once again. Can't stand this pimp.

BM will need to do it much better than today next week if they want to be in the final; way too many mistakes controlling the ball and creating scoring opportunities.

otoh, next 7 days are going to be critical for us, the most important titles of the season at stake in just one week, we might end up being out from CL and Liga....or still be fighting for both. Interesting season end! :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:01 pm 

vikz22 wrote:

Hope we won't see the events of 2009 (?) again. Anyone know what happened to that ref?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:11 pm 

RunningMan wrote:
vikz22 wrote:

Hope we won't see the events of 2009 (?) again. Anyone know what happened to that ref?

Refereeing in the Norwegian League and still getting hate mail from Chelsea fans -

http://www.inthestands.co.uk/news/tom-h ... -fans.html

2014 Championship : 5th :)

PF1 2014 Castrol GP Predictor
2014 Fantasy League : 1st :D