planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:01 pm 

The PFA have come out and addressed the issue. Their stance is largely that Mourinho doesn't know what he's talking about

https://www.thepfa.com/news/2015/8/12/p ... l-protocol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:59 pm 

On the subject of team doctors/injuries more generally, are they actually a good idea? The fact that a doctor is being criticised (and could be fired potentially) for treating an injured player because the team result might suffer is messed up.
You see it all the time with head injuries as well. This weekend, Olivier Giroud and James Tomkins clashed heads and both went down. Giroud was not moving and had to be put in the recovery position. 3 minutes later Giroud is apparently fine to continue after being cleared by the Arsenal team doctor (despite being in breach of concussion protocol). Javier Mascherano at the World Cup, and Hugo Lloris a few seasons back also got knocked out, but cleared to play too.
If the match day medical staff were provided by the Premier League and/or the FA rather than the clubs like the FIA medical team is, that would solve the bias issue. Can they afford to do that though?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:49 pm 

huggybear wrote:
The PFA have come out and addressed the issue. Their stance is largely that Mourinho doesn't know what he's talking about

https://www.thepfa.com/news/2015/8/12/p ... l-protocol

Exactly, and in this case Hazard wanted the medical team to come, so Mou should blame him. I like the kid, but that was the wrong decision.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:28 pm 

So Pedro in Chelsea.. Hmmm I don't know what I feel about that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:32 pm 

Mr-E wrote:

Is Cuadrado still there? Must be off shortly. It's worth it just to see the meltdown from Man Utd fans as they went from replacing world class Angel di Maria with world class Pedro to maybe buying Saido Mane.
I wouldn't say that a winger is necessarily what Chelsea need right now over a midfielder to remind Fabregas that his current form is unacceptable, and a centreback that isn't going to get burnt for pace. If a team has a pacy winger that can draw Dave or Ivanovic wide, Cahill and Terry look horribly exposed against strikers that have pace and movement. Without those additions, I don't see you beating Man City to the title this season.
I'm interested to see if Ruben Loftus-Cheek will make the breakthrough into the first team this season too. He looked outstanding for your U-21s, but Mourinho is notoriously unwilling to give youth a chance after letting them sit on the bench for a few games.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:33 am 

huggybear wrote:
Mr-E wrote:

Is Cuadrado still there? Must be off shortly. It's worth it just to see the meltdown from Man Utd fans as they went from replacing world class Angel di Maria with world class Pedro to maybe buying Saido Mane.
I wouldn't say that a winger is necessarily what Chelsea need right now over a midfielder to remind Fabregas that his current form is unacceptable, and a centreback that isn't going to get burnt for pace. If a team has a pacy winger that can draw Dave or Ivanovic wide, Cahill and Terry look horribly exposed against strikers that have pace and movement. Without those additions, I don't see you beating Man City to the title this season.
I'm interested to see if Ruben Loftus-Cheek will make the breakthrough into the first team this season too. He looked outstanding for your U-21s, but Mourinho is notoriously unwilling to give youth a chance after letting them sit on the bench for a few games.

Cuadrado is still in the team yes, but I really don't see him staying. A rumour is that him and Ramires will be included in a deal for Pogba but I don't see that happening.
And I completely agree with everything else you say.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:43 pm 

And Jose again says that his team didn't deserve to lose! But they did Jose so get over it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:31 pm 

A few things became apparent this weekend:

Man Utd need a striker. Badly. Rooney has no competition despite not scoring in the league for 11 games. A proper playmaker would be a good idea too.
Chelsea need a new centreback and probably a replacement for Ivanovic. Hazard and Fabregas need to be reminded they can't rest on their laurels and actually show up for the game.
Arsenal need a defensive minded player. Like Flamini/Coquelin but better. Arteta is too old, Wilshere lacks discipline to play there. Also a striker wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. Walcott and Welbeck aren't clinical enough to play down the middle for us.
Liverpool need to buy an actual centre back and be done with the Dejan Lovren experiment. He is comically bad.

If Swansea can keep their spine fit for the rest of the season, 4th/5th isn't massively out of reach.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:13 pm 

De Gea's signed for Real Madrid for £25m + Keylor Navas. That's a pretty good deal for United. He wanted to leave, and they got a big fee, plus a proper number one goalkeeper. Need to reinvest all that fee into a striker though after selling Javier Hernandez to Bayer, and having Wayne Rooney and James Wilson as their only strikers (and on currrent form, that's really only James Wilson then). Anthony Martial is supposed to be joining, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:24 pm 

And now a few media outlets are reporting the De Gea deal has fallen through because the paperwork couldn't be ratified by midnight CET. Might mean Man Utd lose de Gea on a free in January.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:06 pm 

Yep, just like F1 they can afford to waste £29,000,000 ! Complete incompetence.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:15 pm 

It will go through.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:33 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
It will go through.

I'm surprised that nobody has yet used Fergie-time to extend the deadline...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:17 am 

Chelsea....ugh.

Glad De Gea stays with Manchester United. I despise them, but not more than Real Madrid.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:27 pm 

Champions League starts today. Going to be excellent.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:14 pm 

Shocker of a tackle on Shaw. They will argue that he won the ball but I thought that they had insisted in recent years that if a tackle is overly aggressive, it's a foul regardless.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:01 am 

Asphalt_World wrote:
Shocker of a tackle on Shaw. They will argue that he won the ball but I thought that they had insisted in recent years that if a tackle is overly aggressive, it's a foul regardless.

I honestly feel they should bring in bigger bans for violent conduct. It would make players think twice before making a dangerous tackle if they know they could get a 10-15 game ban. It's going to be no consolation to Luke Shaw that the guy got a foot on the ball, he just knows his ankle got scissored, and he might not play again this season.
I'm glad for Shaw it happened during a period of great form though, because England and Man Utd are desperate to get him back. There were times last season where he looked like Dejan Lovren, and a serious injury at that time could have killed his career for both.

I am surprised that a European ref didn't call it a foul tbh. England (and to an extent Germany) is the only top league where teams can have the gameplan to leave a mark on their better opponents and get away with it. Allardyce and
Pulis were masters of getting a point by kicking players and frightening them into not playing their game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:02 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:

I actually thought it was a good tackle and not unusually aggressive.

Just a great shame for Shaw, Manchester United and England.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:57 pm 

Big decision tomorrow! Qualifying could be very exciting tomorrow but the Chelsea vs Arsenal match is on at the same time! I think this match takes preference as an Arsenal fan, even though I missed the London Derby in favour of Formula One a few years back. I can watch the replay of qualifying anyways! Should be a good match tomorrow, both teams really wanting to make a start to their season.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:53 pm 

Schumacher forever#1 wrote:
Big decision tomorrow! Qualifying could be very exciting tomorrow but the Chelsea vs Arsenal match is on at the same time! I think this match takes preference as an Arsenal fan, even though I missed the London Derby in favour of Formula One a few years back. I can watch the replay of qualifying anyways! Should be a good match tomorrow, both teams really wanting to make a start to their season.

Yeah, I know I am watching the game. I can watch the quali after.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:58 am 

Chelsea/Arsenal is on BT Sport, so you could watch both if you watch one on the computer and one on the TV.

I reckon if we get Walcott and Bellerin to double up on Azpilicueta and Monreal/Alexis to double up on Ivanovic we'll win comfortably. As bad as Arsenal are about playing Chelsea, I don't think that will give their fullbacks better form (watch us now lose 6-0 and have Alex Oxlade Gibbs sent off again)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:03 pm 

huggybear wrote:

Chelsea/Arsenal is on BT Sport, so you could watch both if you watch one on the computer and one on the TV.

I reckon if we get Walcott and Bellerin to double up on Azpilicueta and Monreal/Alexis to double up on Ivanovic we'll win comfortably. As bad as Arsenal are about playing Chelsea, I don't think that will give their fullbacks better form (watch us now lose 6-0 and have Alex Oxlade Gibbs sent off again)

I watched it on a stream, but had to be in the room where the router was or else it would keep stopping. Switched the match off after the second red and went downstairs to watch the F1! What a joke of a match however. Am I just biased or does it seem that Arsenal never have the rub of the green in football?! Costa should have gotten three yellow cards in the space of a minute, and then clearly tried to get Gabriel sent off. Just when Gabriel was looking to be a great first team player, he falls for the trap :(

It would have been a great match if Costa wasn't such a ****. Sorry for the angry post lol.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:12 pm 

Well, it wasn't 6-0.

How Diego Costa hasn't got sent off is beyond me. We had: A dive, waving an imaginary card, slapping Koscielny in the face, pushing Koscielny over, pushing Gabriel Paulista, putting his hands in Gabriel Paulista's face, 3 different instances of bookable dissent. And yet, no card of any colour. Hell, not even a foul given against him.
Frustrates me because up until that point it was largely even. Chelsea had a lot of the ball but didn't do a lot with it. We never truly settled again after that flashpoint, and Chelsea took control of the game.

But Mike Dean. Oh, Mike Dean. He ruined the game. Chelsea were allowed to get away with a lot, and Arsenal got nothing. Santi Cazorla got booked for both of his fouls and got sent off, but I'm not sure Chelsea even got a player booked. Not even Eden Hazard's scissors on Koscielny on the edge of the Arsenal box.
If we're going to lose, I want it to be because we lost to the better team, not because the referee decided to lose his mind and try to be a celebrity.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:44 pm 

huggybear wrote:
Well, it wasn't 6-0.

How Diego Costa hasn't got sent off is beyond me. We had: A dive, waving an imaginary card, slapping Koscielny in the face, pushing Koscielny over, pushing Gabriel Paulista, putting his hands in Gabriel Paulista's face, 3 different instances of bookable dissent. And yet, no card of any colour. Hell, not even a foul given against him.
Frustrates me because up until that point it was largely even. Chelsea had a lot of the ball but didn't do a lot with it. We never truly settled again after that flashpoint, and Chelsea took control of the game.

But Mike Dean. Oh, Mike Dean. He ruined the game. Chelsea were allowed to get away with a lot, and Arsenal got nothing. Santi Cazorla got booked for both of his fouls and got sent off, but I'm not sure Chelsea even got a player booked. Not even Eden Hazard's scissors on Koscielny on the edge of the Arsenal box.
If we're going to lose, I want it to be because we lost to the better team, not because the referee decided to lose his mind and try to be a celebrity.

:thumbup: The worse thing is the look of the league table after this thing. Suddenly, Chelsea are only 3 points behind us. I think Ivanovic got booked and that was it. What I don't get most of all was what the assistant referee was doing at the time. He should have seen everything that happened, or was it yet another case that the ref is too afraid to send off the home team player?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:19 pm 

huggybear wrote:
Well, it wasn't 6-0.

Costa was booked.
And so was Ivanovic and Oscar.
Could also have gotten at least one Pen.
But yeah, Costa could have easily been sent of as well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:26 am 

For year I have defended Jose Mourinho's arrogance as simply being the complete professional and not letting the press or other managers get to him. In fact it was at times, brilliant mind games. However, since his return to England, especially this season, I can't help but feel me in white coats need to come along and take him away.

He has regularly insulted the media who were asking him sensible questions about his teams poor start and yesterday's comments have really ended it for me.

He is simply appalling. When defending the violent actions of Costa, rather than simply try to say it wasn't violent, he simply said it was the way you have to play in the Premier league and why people pay millions to cover it on TV.

I think he should be charged for this. He is basically advocating violent behavior because it sells the sport.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:31 pm 

I found Costa's behaviour appalling. Wenger is right---he gets away with murder.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:57 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
For year I have defended Jose Mourinho's arrogance as simply being the complete professional and not letting the press or other managers get to him. In fact it was at times, brilliant mind games. However, since his return to England, especially this season, I can't help but feel me in white coats need to come along and take him away.

He has regularly insulted the media who were asking him sensible questions about his teams poor start and yesterday's comments have really ended it for me.

He is simply appalling. When defending the violent actions of Costa, rather than simply try to say it wasn't violent, he simply said it was the way you have to play in the Premier league and why people pay millions to cover it on TV.

I think he should be charged for this. He is basically advocating violent behavior because it sells the sport.

Jose turns nasty when under pressure. That's part of the reason why he's never completed three seasons as a coach anywhere. He doesn't care about right and wrong, he cares about winning (which is why when he wasn't, he tried to claim teams were buying the league despite Chelsea having spent more than every other club in England since 2009)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:54 pm 

2022 World Cup officially runs from November 21st to December 18th. FIFA are an actual joke.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:26 pm 

Some good news:

Swiss prosecutors have opened a criminal investigation into Sepp Blatter, the head of football's world governing body Fifa.

The attorney general's office said he was being investigated "on suspicion of criminal mismanagement as well as - alternatively - on suspicion of misappropriation".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34363289

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:06 pm 

James14 wrote:
Some good news:

Swiss prosecutors have opened a criminal investigation into Sepp Blatter, the head of football's world governing body Fifa.

The attorney general's office said he was being investigated "on suspicion of criminal mismanagement as well as - alternatively - on suspicion of misappropriation".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34363289

:thumbup:

I'll drink to that!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:32 pm 

huggybear wrote:
2022 World Cup officially runs from November 21st to December 18th. FIFA are an actual joke.

Their Playstation game isn't much better as well. Anyone here getting it? I should probably be asking this in the gaming thread!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:50 pm 

huggybear wrote:

Their Playstation game isn't much better as well. Anyone here getting it? I should probably be asking this in the gaming thread!

I picked it up for my brother today. It's great. Mostly.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:01 pm 

Let's here Jose talk his way out of that fortuitous point!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:20 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:
Let's here Jose talk his way out of that fortuitous point!

That game highlighted a lot about both teams. Chelsea's midfield and defence accelerate like a glacier and turn like a ship. Their attack is pretty decent though. Newcastle have good players, but couldn't mark a tree, and couldn't close a door.
It somehow worked out to be a bad point for both managers. Schteve really really needs a good result, and Jose is now 8 points behind Man Utd, with a defence in which Asmir Begovic is the only player playing consistently well.

On a random note, when exactly did 'Can team X go the season unbeaten?' become a thing? It's been done twice, in 1889, and 2004. It seems that Sky are desperate to push it as an agenda though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:09 pm 

Wow that was crap last night from Arsenal and Chelsea. So far that's 1 win 5 losses out of 6 games for English teams. Let's see how the 2 Manchesters do tonight, they're both in trouble already if they fail to win.

And Lewandowski - 10 goals in last 225 minutes = average of 4 goals per 90 minutes!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:13 pm 

orion_f1 wrote:
Wow that was crap last night from Arsenal and Chelsea. So far that's 1 win 5 losses out of 6 games for English teams. Let's see how the 2 Manchesters do tonight, they're both in trouble already if they fail to win.

And Lewandowski - 10 goals in last 225 minutes = average of 4 goals per 90 minutes!!!

Arsenal annoys me, because we are resting our world class #1 keeper in the CL for no good reason. Dave Ospina's idea to drop a cross over his line was insanity.
Also, conceding a goal 59 seconds after you were scraping a draw at home to Olympiakos is unforgivable. Team thought 'Oh it's only Olympiakos' and switched off. We'll probably beat Bayern home and away and lose to Dinamo and Olympiakos again and go out of the group, knowing us.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:28 pm 

huggybear wrote:
orion_f1 wrote:

Arsenal annoys me, because we are resting our world class #1 keeper in the CL for no good reason. Dave Ospina's idea to drop a cross over his line was insanity.
Also, conceding a goal 59 seconds after you were scraping a draw at home to Olympiakos is unforgivable. Team thought 'Oh it's only Olympiakos' and switched off. We'll probably beat Bayern home and away and lose to Dinamo and Olympiakos again and go out of the group, knowing us.

The naivety of the Arsenal team is crazy. We don't learn from any of our mistakes and the same thing happens over and over again. Didn't we rest a few of our players against Monaco in the last 16 last season as well? The manager doesn't seem to realise that Arsenal are not some elite team that simply cannot be beaten by a lesser European team,, and the Arsenal community pays the price for his naivety. However I'm optimistic of the remaining games. I think we can beat Bayern once and will easily beat Dynamo Zagreb at home. Olympiakos away will then be the decider. Our goal difference is the same as the Greek team so we should finish ahead of them if we finish level on points, with the other games at reasonable scores.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:38 pm 

The naivety of the Arsenal team is crazy. We don't learn from any of our mistakes and the same thing happens over and over again. Didn't we rest a few of our players against Monaco in the last 16 last season as well? The manager doesn't seem to realise that Arsenal are not some elite team that simply cannot be beaten by a lesser European team,, and the Arsenal community pays the price for his naivety. However I'm optimistic of the remaining games. I think we can beat Bayern once and will easily beat Dynamo Zagreb at home. Olympiakos away will then be the decider. Our goal difference is the same as the Greek team so we should finish ahead of them if we finish level on points, with the other games at reasonable scores.

The naivety annoys me. The last truly decent European team we've had was in 2006 when Martin Keown was our defensive coach. When I see us making the same kinds of errors we did 10+ years ago, it makes me question Wenger. It wouldn't be acceptable for us to not have progressed under any other coach.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:08 pm 

Dick Advocaat is on the bring of leaving Sunderland. Mourinho is surely on the brink too. Blamed the defeat on referee not giving Falcao a penalty for his dive (while conveniently forgetting the two penalties Southampton should have had).
Watching the game, I'm convinced Fabregas is finished at the very highest level. He can play a beautiful pass when he wants/needs to, but doesn't work for the team at all. He is playing like later seasons Andrei Arshavin. And it's been going on since January.