planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:54 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic

Rate the Trump Presidency so far.
Best President 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Great 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Good 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Not Bad 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Bad 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Terrible 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Batsh** Crazy 69%  69%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 29
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:25 pm
Posts: 135
Its been over 50 days since Donald J Trump became the 45th President of the United States. What is your rating of him so far?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 4983
Unfortunately I cannot rate him on the scale you have given as I do not know enough about past president's. But from an outsiders perspective, I would like to vote his presidency as 'laughable' he's shown the world how little power the US president actually has! His first executive order, which could not be stopped by other US politicians, was stopped by the courts. He does not seem to be the best diplomat or spikes person for the country on an international scale and was roasted in the politest way possible by the Irish prime minister just last week who pretty much told the world press that Ireland did and does believe in what America stands for, whilst as the same time telling the world that Ireland does not like what Trump appears to stand for

It may get better o er the next 4 years, lets hope so for America's sake.

Incase anybody missed it

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4383
Clueless and hypocritical. Is unable to function away from standing in front of a friendly crowd who will eat up whatever he says. Doesn't understand how the government works and is unwilling to learn.

The fact that he believes, and tweets, about any random conspiracy theory regardless of how absurd it sounds to a rational person should be all that needs to be said about him but alas it is not.

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 5632
Location: Nebraska, USA
Batfish crazy is almost complimentary to this miserable excuse of a immature bully. If I weren't in the sane "boat", i'd say that those who voted for him are getting just what they deserve. I just hope this country survives him and his flunkies.

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 4123
Hope you guys have unplugged your microwaves before these posts...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:40 pm
Posts: 6380
It's so depressing that I don't feel any inspired to rate it. :-((


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:19 pm
Posts: 1165
Location: Los Angeles, California
Blake wrote:
Batfish crazy is almost complimentary to this miserable excuse of a immature bully. If I weren't in the sane "boat", i'd say that those who voted for him are getting just what they deserve. I just hope this country survives him and his flunkies.


I hope he does not make it to the end of the term.

I'm not saying I want him dead, rather that I want his many secrets to come to light so that he can be impeached.

_________________
"No, there is no terrible way to win. There is only winning."
Jean-Pierre Sarti


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 2507
If the investigation into Trump shows clear ties to Russia, would that be enough to get this clown impeached?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4383
Mr-E wrote:
If the investigation into Trump shows clear ties to Russia, would that be enough to get this clown impeached?

Only if the Republican leaders in congress feel that their own seats would be in jeopardy if they didn't impeach. Despite the way it seems the public as a whole is reacting to this dumpster fire of an administration I don't see the Democrats flipping enough seats in the mid-term elections next year to take back both houses. So we're stuck pinning our hopes on the GOP to put country before party for a change.

Then again Pence is no bargain either so maybe with Trump flailing around spouting conspiracies and getting nothing done is preferable to a stable Pence administration where the Republicans in congress railroad their agenda through.

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1329
Location: Ontario Canada
The man is a megalomaniac bully. Too divisive to be a leader of a nation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 pm
Posts: 936
The guy tells everyone that he's smart, but he acts like the biggest idiot in public office.

_________________
Only dogs, mothers, and quality undergarments give unconditional support.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 4983
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
The guy tells everyone that he's smart, but he acts like the biggest idiot in public office.

Have you forgotten about George Bush jr? It's just a different way of acting stupid.

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 pm
Posts: 936
minchy wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
The guy tells everyone that he's smart, but he acts like the biggest idiot in public office.

Have you forgotten about George Bush jr? It's just a different way of acting stupid.


Bush Jr never postured to appear smart or brag he was some genius.

_________________
Only dogs, mothers, and quality undergarments give unconditional support.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4383
George W. never made a speech with multiple "Only I can [fix said problem]" he just made all of the same type of campaign promises that offer vague allusions to how they're going to change things that politicians do.

Trump didn't have any position papers on his campaign website. Only his promises from speeches and talking points in written form. Anybody who was expecting actual policy to come from a Trump White House was fooling themselves. Consider the fact that his answer to a question about his intelligence was "I have a good brain." That's not paraphrasing, that is the actual quote. When combined with "I know a lot of words. I have the best words." Well all I can do right now is shake my head and yell at the TV.

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 8654
You can always watch some House of Cards if you need a toned-down version of the utter joke the American presidency has become.

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 5632
Location: Nebraska, USA
RaggedMan wrote:
George W. never made a speech with multiple "Only I can [fix said problem]" he just made all of the same type of campaign promises that offer vague allusions to how they're going to change things that politicians do.

Trump didn't have any position papers on his campaign website. Only his promises from speeches and talking points in written form. Anybody who was expecting actual policy to come from a Trump White House was fooling themselves. Consider the fact that his answer to a question about his intelligence was "I have a good brain." That's not paraphrasing, that is the actual quote. When combined with "I know a lot of words. I have the best words." Well all I can do right now is shake my head and yell at the TV.


I know that yelling reaction all too well.... and then there is the depression as I daily realize that this egotistical, immature, buffoon is the president of this country...and that most of his supporters would vote for him again...

Too depressing to think about.

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:40 pm
Posts: 6380
Blake wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
George W. never made a speech with multiple "Only I can [fix said problem]" he just made all of the same type of campaign promises that offer vague allusions to how they're going to change things that politicians do.

Trump didn't have any position papers on his campaign website. Only his promises from speeches and talking points in written form. Anybody who was expecting actual policy to come from a Trump White House was fooling themselves. Consider the fact that his answer to a question about his intelligence was "I have a good brain." That's not paraphrasing, that is the actual quote. When combined with "I know a lot of words. I have the best words." Well all I can do right now is shake my head and yell at the TV.


I know that yelling reaction all too well.... and then there is the depression as I daily realize that this egotistical, immature, buffoon is the president of this country...and that most of his supporters would vote for him again...

Too depressing to think about.

It starts looking like a (destructive?) cult or something.
“President Trump is the greatest thing that’s happened to this country, I consider it a Biblical miracle that he’s there.”
And that's not just some hillbilly from Alabama woods, but the senator (guess, from those same woods anyway).
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressiv ... l-miracle/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4383
Prema wrote:
Blake wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
George W. never made a speech with multiple "Only I can [fix said problem]" he just made all of the same type of campaign promises that offer vague allusions to how they're going to change things that politicians do.

Trump didn't have any position papers on his campaign website. Only his promises from speeches and talking points in written form. Anybody who was expecting actual policy to come from a Trump White House was fooling themselves. Consider the fact that his answer to a question about his intelligence was "I have a good brain." That's not paraphrasing, that is the actual quote. When combined with "I know a lot of words. I have the best words." Well all I can do right now is shake my head and yell at the TV.


I know that yelling reaction all too well.... and then there is the depression as I daily realize that this egotistical, immature, buffoon is the president of this country...and that most of his supporters would vote for him again...

Too depressing to think about.

It starts looking like a (destructive?) cult or something.
“President Trump is the greatest thing that’s happened to this country, I consider it a Biblical miracle that he’s there.”
And that's not just some hillbilly from Alabama woods, but the senator (guess, from those same woods anyway).
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressiv ... l-miracle/

Don't get me started on evangelical Christian politicians. Biggest bunch of hypocrites ever.

I was packed off to Sunday school at an evangelical church every week until I was 9-10 and saw first hand how those who were holiest during services were the ones most apt to be up to no good during the rest of the week.

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:33 am
Posts: 136
Location: Adelaide, Australia
It's hard to say....

To be honest I'd hate to be an American and have to vote in that election!
It's like South Park, A choice between a Douche and a Turd Sandwich.

I think of Trump as an oaf but I like how blunt he is, even if I don't agree with what he is saying.
He never has got into the political correctness BS that everyone does these days.
There's quite literally nothing I liked about Clinton nor did I trust her at all.
She seemed to me like she was hiding an agenda and none of her answers in the debates were real answers.

I'd have voted for Trump, for better or worse.

_________________
Any and all opinions are my own, they do not reflect the opinions of the FIA, FOM, Teams, Drivers, PlanetF1, Phase of the Moon, Rotation of the Earth or Aliens.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 4983
RaggedMan wrote:
Prema wrote:
Blake wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
George W. never made a speech with multiple "Only I can [fix said problem]" he just made all of the same type of campaign promises that offer vague allusions to how they're going to change things that politicians do.

Trump didn't have any position papers on his campaign website. Only his promises from speeches and talking points in written form. Anybody who was expecting actual policy to come from a Trump White House was fooling themselves. Consider the fact that his answer to a question about his intelligence was "I have a good brain." That's not paraphrasing, that is the actual quote. When combined with "I know a lot of words. I have the best words." Well all I can do right now is shake my head and yell at the TV.


I know that yelling reaction all too well.... and then there is the depression as I daily realize that this egotistical, immature, buffoon is the president of this country...and that most of his supporters would vote for him again...

Too depressing to think about.

It starts looking like a (destructive?) cult or something.
“President Trump is the greatest thing that’s happened to this country, I consider it a Biblical miracle that he’s there.”
And that's not just some hillbilly from Alabama woods, but the senator (guess, from those same woods anyway).
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressiv ... l-miracle/

Don't get me started on evangelical Christian politicians. Biggest bunch of hypocrites ever.

I was packed off to Sunday school at an evangelical church every week until I was 9-10 and saw first hand how those who were holiest during services were the ones most apt to be up to no good during the rest of the week.

I remember the Mitt Romney (I think) campaign video from the previous elections. Something along the lines of 'As a white christian American, I want to do what's best for people, but if anyone comes near my family I'll blow their heads off'. Hmmm, yes, very christian!!!

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:50 am
Posts: 505
Location: UK
jasonthebadger wrote:
It's hard to say....

To be honest I'd hate to be an American and have to vote in that election!
It's like South Park, A choice between a Douche and a Turd Sandwich.

I think of Trump as an oaf but I like how blunt he is, even if I don't agree with what he is saying.
He never has got into the political correctness BS that everyone does these days.
There's quite literally nothing I liked about Clinton nor did I trust her at all.
She seemed to me like she was hiding an agenda and none of her answers in the debates were real answers.

I'd have voted for Trump, for better or worse.


I understand your dilemma, but the man is just dangerous!!

What amazes me is that with Trump demonstrating he simply can't get things done even with a majority that the Democrats have not found an challenger to oppose him. I would never vote for someone who denies things like climate change exist and then tries to dismantle every one else's efforts.

This latest Obamacare stance where he is prepared to watch things collapse around him to prove a point is just reckless.

It would not surprise me in the slightest to see an independent candidate in the mix is 18 months time as people realise he is just unable to do anything. I'm looking forward to seeing a solar Mexican wall too!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:40 pm
Posts: 6380
jasonthebadger wrote:
It's hard to say....

To be honest I'd hate to be an American and have to vote in that election!
It's like South Park, A choice between a Douche and a Turd Sandwich.

I think of Trump as an oaf but I like how blunt he is, even if I don't agree with what he is saying.
He never has got into the political correctness BS that everyone does these days.
There's quite literally nothing I liked about Clinton nor did I trust her at all.
She seemed to me like she was hiding an agenda and none of her answers in the debates were real answers.

I'd have voted for Trump, for better or worse.


This thing with Trump and non political correctness, it is but the part of pro-Trump propaganda, a myth of him being "straight shooter" and not politically correct talker like those usual politicians. No, the truth is that he did not raise above that level exactly. He simply does not qualify to it. Being abusive, vindictive, rude, calling people names, insulting, gross, lying, manipulative, petulant...

And it is a lie in itself too. Trump is a conman, an opportunist. So if he estimates that not being "politically correct" in some situations would direct the water to his water mill, he will go for. And vice versa. Who does remember his fiery non politically correct speeches from the primaries when he was promising to expose the criminal Republican Bush-Cheney administration for the 9/11 and was blasting Saudi Arabia as the country sponsoring and spreading the radical Islam around the world and had their fingers involved in the 9/11? Sure. That was what his base wanted to hear then, and it worked for him well. But the very moment he clinched the RNC nomination, he said no word about it again. He zipped his hole. And where does he go to his first international trip as POTUS? Ah, to that very Saudi Arabia, there to kiss the donkey of that tribal Muslim king... perfectly politically correct. Power and money. That is all his political correctness that he knows about.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:40 pm
Posts: 6380
Option or Prime wrote:
jasonthebadger wrote:
It's hard to say....

To be honest I'd hate to be an American and have to vote in that election!
It's like South Park, A choice between a Douche and a Turd Sandwich.

I think of Trump as an oaf but I like how blunt he is, even if I don't agree with what he is saying.
He never has got into the political correctness BS that everyone does these days.
There's quite literally nothing I liked about Clinton nor did I trust her at all.
She seemed to me like she was hiding an agenda and none of her answers in the debates were real answers.

I'd have voted for Trump, for better or worse.


I understand your dilemma, but the man is just dangerous!!

What amazes me is that with Trump demonstrating he simply can't get things done even with a majority that the Democrats have not found an challenger to oppose him. I would never vote for someone who denies things like climate change exist and then tries to dismantle every one else's efforts.

This latest Obamacare stance where he is prepared to watch things collapse around him to prove a point is just reckless.

It would not surprise me in the slightest to see an independent candidate in the mix is 18 months time as people realise he is just unable to do anything. I'm looking forward to seeing a solar Mexican wall too!


It is both reckless and utterly cynical. What's worse, many people in America will believe him on that one.
It is like the owner of the bus telling to the passengers that the bus they are riding on is going to eventually and so soon ditch and many will get injured and maybe die. See, the tires are in a terrible condition, but those are the tyres that came along with the bus when he took over the business back then, so it is not he who owns the responsibility, and they should go sue the previous owner.

The day or two after the elections, Ryan declared that they, Republicans, had the one-in-life opportunity to do and fix all: they gained the control over the WH, the House and the Senate! And they failed. Miserably. Ah, blame Obama.

It is a catch 22 for Reps. They can't simply repeal, it would be a political suicide (wonder why not if ACA is a death spiral anyway?). But they do not have the will to replace it with something better., not to fix it either. Only towards the worse. They are stuck. The blessing turning into a curse.
The only way would be to go towards the universal national health service, as the rest of the civilized world have had it in place for long now (both socialistic and capitalistic social systems). But someone got to make big bucks on selling the health insurances, no?

"Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, Humana and UnitedHealth Group — the big five for-profit insurers — cumulatively collected $4.5 billion in net earnings in the first three months of 2017"

That is why any programs type ACA is going to fail by default. And that is why the replacement for "better" is not possible. You can't have it both ways, folks to have good and affordable health insurance at law cost, and make those rich folks shareholders of those companies be richer. Take a pick.
So Obama's sin is not ACA in itself, but that there is no easy way out of it anymore. Folks got a taste for a NHS - can't take that away now. That's why the new failed proposal had under 20% of approval.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4383
Prema wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
jasonthebadger wrote:
It's hard to say....

To be honest I'd hate to be an American and have to vote in that election!
It's like South Park, A choice between a Douche and a Turd Sandwich.

I think of Trump as an oaf but I like how blunt he is, even if I don't agree with what he is saying.
He never has got into the political correctness BS that everyone does these days.
There's quite literally nothing I liked about Clinton nor did I trust her at all.
She seemed to me like she was hiding an agenda and none of her answers in the debates were real answers.

I'd have voted for Trump, for better or worse.


I understand your dilemma, but the man is just dangerous!!

What amazes me is that with Trump demonstrating he simply can't get things done even with a majority that the Democrats have not found an challenger to oppose him. I would never vote for someone who denies things like climate change exist and then tries to dismantle every one else's efforts.

This latest Obamacare stance where he is prepared to watch things collapse around him to prove a point is just reckless.

It would not surprise me in the slightest to see an independent candidate in the mix is 18 months time as people realise he is just unable to do anything. I'm looking forward to seeing a solar Mexican wall too!


It is both reckless and utterly cynical. What's worse, many people in America will believe him on that one.
It is like the owner of the bus telling to the passengers that the bus they are riding on is going to eventually and so soon ditch and many will get injured and maybe die. See, the tires are in a terrible condition, but those are the tyres that came along with the bus when he took over the business back then, so it is not he who owns the responsibility, and they should go sue the previous owner.

The day or two after the elections, Ryan declared that they, Republicans, had the one-in-life opportunity to do and fix all: they gained the control over the WH, the House and the Senate! And they failed. Miserably. Ah, blame Obama.

It is a catch 22 for Reps. They can't simply repeal, it would be a political suicide (wonder why not if ACA is a death spiral anyway?). But they do not have the will to replace it with something better., not to fix it either. Only towards the worse. They are stuck. The blessing turning into a curse.
The only way would be to go towards the universal national health service, as the rest of the civilized world have had it in place for long now (both socialistic and capitalistic social systems). But someone got to make big bucks on selling the health insurances, no?

"Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, Humana and UnitedHealth Group — the big five for-profit insurers — cumulatively collected $4.5 billion in net earnings in the first three months of 2017"

That is why any programs type ACA is going to fail by default. And that is why the replacement for "better" is not possible. You can't have it both ways, folks to have good and affordable health insurance at law cost, and make those rich folks shareholders of those companies be richer. Take a pick.
So Obama's sin is not ACA in itself, but that there is no easy way out of it anymore. Folks got a taste for a NHS - can't take that away now. That's why the new failed proposal had under 20% of approval.

The biggest joke in all of this is that they had 7 years in which they held majorities in both houses and instead of spending that time coming up with something that at least they could agree amongst their own party was better they simply kept coming up, and passing, repeal bills that they knew would be safely vetoed.

Now they find themselves with the power in both the legislative and executive branches and unable to come up with a plan that can pass a simple majority because they squandered all of that time simply bitching about something instead of making a real effort to do something.

Don't get me wrong. I am glad that they failed, and most likely will continue to do so. But I just find it mind boggling that supposedly intelligent people can't see that at some point you either need to do something meaning full or shut up about it.

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm
Posts: 2599
Don't know if any of you guys listen to Howard Stern; radio talk show host, but he actually says he knows Trump pretty well, and that in his opinion, Trump never wanted to be president. He ran for the presidency just so he can get more publicity for his brand, his name. He was sure he would lose to Hillary Clinton but of course it didn't pan out that way.
That would explain his behavior. Because nearly everything he has done since he's been in office resemble the actions of someone who wants no part of the job. He probably can't wait to get out of there. His 2020 campaign should be interesting to say the least.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:50 am
Posts: 505
Location: UK
If that is true then America should be worried, a lot can go wrong in 4 years, probably not economically but for someone who was looking to be USA centric he seems to be quite involved in world politics. More concerning is if Trump isn't keen on the job, who is? HK has masses of baggage and is hardly an alternative so who is?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4383
kleefton wrote:
Don't know if any of you guys listen to Howard Stern; radio talk show host, but he actually says he knows Trump pretty well, and that in his opinion, Trump never wanted to be president. He ran for the presidency just so he can get more publicity for his brand, his name. He was sure he would lose to Hillary Clinton but of course it didn't pan out that way.
That would explain his behavior. Because nearly everything he has done since he's been in office resemble the actions of someone who wants no part of the job. He probably can't wait to get out of there. His 2020 campaign should be interesting to say the least.

I can see that and have heard it from other sources. However if that truly is the case then by being completely incompetent he's doing more damage to his brand that anything else ever could've.

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 6592
Location: Belgium
I don't know whether the man is deranged, so I feel I can't vote for that last category. But as the leader of one of the most important countries in the free world, he is doing a terrible job. In fact, I'm not sure he is doing a job at all.
As someone who isn't really following politics in the USA, I get the distinct impression I might be doing a better job than he is.

I can see the attraction of bringing in somebody who isn't a politician, but is an expert in one of the important fields within politics. But I'm starting to wonder what field he might be an expert in. Surely bringing your country into disrepute isn't the kind of expertise the voters were looking for?

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:50 am
Posts: 505
Location: UK
Interesting comment I heard recently was that in keeping with other countries, UK and France for example the USA voted for a change, hence Trump's election, however, as a result of the ineffective way he is carrying out his election pledges, his chaotic Whitehouse employment policy and his get me out of here attitude, (17 days holiday?) he is doing considerable damage to American politics. Who do the voters turn to if their change candidate fails?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1898
Location: Colwyn Bay, North Wales
Option or Prime wrote:
Interesting comment I heard recently was that in keeping with other countries, UK and France for example the USA voted for a change, hence Trump's election, however, as a result of the ineffective way he is carrying out his election pledges, his chaotic Whitehouse employment policy and his get me out of here attitude, (17 days holiday?) he is doing considerable damage to American politics. Who do the voters turn to if their change candidate fails?

The Democrats' change candidate? Bernie Sanders' voters reportedly flocked to Trump when Hillary beat him to the nomination, because he was running on a platform of overhauling the system as well. I don't know in practice how good he would have been, but I dare say he would have been more predictable and probably less harmful than Trump.

_________________
Organiser of the single most low-tech Robot Wars tournament in history, PM for details!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:40 pm
Posts: 6380
Tufty wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
Interesting comment I heard recently was that in keeping with other countries, UK and France for example the USA voted for a change, hence Trump's election, however, as a result of the ineffective way he is carrying out his election pledges, his chaotic Whitehouse employment policy and his get me out of here attitude, (17 days holiday?) he is doing considerable damage to American politics. Who do the voters turn to if their change candidate fails?

The Democrats' change candidate? Bernie Sanders' voters reportedly flocked to Trump when Hillary beat him to the nomination, because he was running on a platform of overhauling the system as well. I don't know in practice how good he would have been, but I dare say he would have been more predictable and probably less harmful than Trump.


Bernie is to Trump what a day is to a night.
But he was never to be the DNC presidential nominee. He never was a Democrat, but Independent, entire his career before and he is that now. He made it that far by using Democratic party as the "horse" to run, and then being financed by small donations by people, he had no access to DNC money making machine. And also that the time for a "change" arrived.

Of course DNC was to be biased against him in favor to their actual Democratic candidate Hillary. He knew well that such was to be, it was a part of the game where he achieved more than otherwise. Hence he never made a fuss about it. But many followers of his didn't get it, they saw it as a "betrayal" by the side of DNC and Hillary and so they went out to vote for Trump in the protest, out of anger.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm
Posts: 3512
Who the hell voted 'great' or 'good'.

Seriously, this must be a joke. The odd mistake I can understand, but every day he talks utter cr@p. He's the biggest embarrassment to the US that I can remember.

_________________
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. [Lord Acton]
My own Google Earth Motor Sport file. http://www.mediafire.com/?jzm1ieatytv
Follow me @asphalt_world


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 5632
Location: Nebraska, USA
Asphalt_World wrote:
Who the hell voted 'great' or 'good'.

Seriously, this must be a joke. The odd mistake I can understand, but every day he talks utter cr@p. He's the biggest embarrassment to the US that I can remember.


Hopefully it was indeed a joke, lest we actually have a blind trumpie in our midst.

I am a hell of a lot older than you, AW, and I cannot remember a bigger embarrassment either... nor a more dangerous one.
:frown:

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 6352
So for me the funniest thing to surface on Trump recently is the transcript with Mexico's president where he claimed he won New Hampshire because it was a "Drug-infested den". The funny bit isn't that he's offended the people of NH but that he didn't win it, Clinton did. :lol:

I've said it before but I don't know whether he actually knows he is lying when he says these things or if he is so deluded he automatically believes anything that comes out of his own mouth. It's incredible to watch.

What's less funny is the stuff like his 'news' videos on Facebook. Basically looks like he watched North Korean state propaganda one day and decided it would be a great idea. Try to stomach all one and a half minutes of this if you can and then if you really fancy losing some more faith in humanity, read the comments.

https://youtu.be/XcEaB4Py_sA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4383
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
So for me the funniest thing to surface on Trump recently is the transcript with Mexico's president where he claimed he won New Hampshire because it was a "Drug-infested den". The funny bit isn't that he's offended the people of NH but that he didn't win it, Clinton did. :lol:

I've said it before but I don't know whether he actually knows he is lying when he says these things or if he is so deluded he automatically believes anything that comes out of his own mouth. It's incredible to watch.

What's less funny is the stuff like his 'news' videos on Facebook. Basically looks like he watched North Korean state propaganda one day and decided it would be a great idea. Try to stomach all one and a half minutes of this if you can and then if you really fancy losing some more faith in humanity, read the comments.

https://youtu.be/XcEaB4Py_sA

Gah! I hate that brain dead mouthpiece with the power of a thousand suns.

Trump was able to control his image in the media to a great extent when he was just a real estate mogul and TV personality. The tabloids were more than happy to print whatever he told them about himself and that worked fine for that audience and the rest of us were free to ignore him. What he's finding out now is that it doesn't work that way when you're openly exposed to the entire population and people who disagree with you can take you down more than a peg or two. That's why after only 200 days in office he has to keep having these stupid campaign rallies to support his wounded ego and assure him that he is still loved.

The bigger problem is that Trump has such a short attention span that he can't take in an entire concept so he picks whatever part of a conversation that sticks in his mind and that the becomes the truth and the totality of it. So he wins NH in the primary, and since "winning" is always at the forefront of his mind, he "won" NH. End of.

The other thing about that comment is that I don't think I'd be bragging about being the one who won in "a drug infested den." Doesn't really say much that is good about you when you put it that way.

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 4383
Option or Prime wrote:
Interesting comment I heard recently was that in keeping with other countries, UK and France for example the USA voted for a change, hence Trump's election, however, as a result of the ineffective way he is carrying out his election pledges, his chaotic Whitehouse employment policy and his get me out of here attitude, (17 days holiday?) he is doing considerable damage to American politics. Who do the voters turn to if their change candidate fails?

The thing here is that most people who run for office have an idea beyond a simple statement of what the things they're campaigning on will be even if they're not career politicians. Ross Perot was a single issue candidate running on the idea of bringing a business man's perspective to national spending. Although the two things are completely different and really can't work that way he had detailed plans that were published explaining his plan.

Trump however only had catch phrases backed up only with how big/beautiful/great it was going to be. He talked about the great plan he had to end ISIS in 30 days... There was no plan and everything that's going on in that regard is much of the same with less micromanagement coming from the White House. Health care reform? He said that he had a big, beautiful plan that would cover everybody and be cheaper yet never had a position paper on his website or released to the press. Once in office he sat there waiting for the republicans in congress to pass something to sign. He didn't care what it was, as long as there was something for him to sign into law he was going to be happy with it.

The only good thing is that the Mueller investigation will probably take long enough to keep Trumps incompetent donkey in office long enough to get a big enough turn over in congress that should Pence step into the role they can keep his theocratic tendencies in check.

_________________
{Insert clever sig line here}


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group