planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:49 am 

Bought myself an Autosport online subscription to celebrate the start of the season and try to get up-to-date with the goings on that I probably missed the last 12 months. I had one a couple of years back and thought it was a reasonable price to pay to support a struggling industry.

One grievance I have with the publication is their features are consistently way too long. Maybe I have a short attention span, but they so often lure me in with interesting titles only to be followed by 2500-word stories virtually every time. I usually lose interest after four or five paragraphs. They have a serious issue with getting to the point.

Sorry, this is just a rant but I'll segue it into a constructive question:

What's the best website for motorsport news and features?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:05 am 

Toby. wrote:
Bought myself an Autosport online subscription to celebrate the start of the season and try to get up-to-date with the goings on that I probably missed the last 12 months. I had one a couple of years back and thought it was a reasonable price to pay to support a struggling industry.

One grievance I have with the publication is their features are consistently way too long. Maybe I have a short attention span, but they so often lure me in with interesting titles only to be followed by 2500-word stories virtually every time. I usually lose interest after four or five paragraphs. They have a serious issue with getting to the point.

Well, I thought it was Autosport until I read this post!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:25 am 

Siao7 wrote:
Toby. wrote:

Well, I thought it was Autosport until I read this post!

He-he, my bad. That's my belief as well, I was just putting out the feelers for any genuine contenders.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:01 pm 

I don't really read anything else, I can definitely say though that the PF1 website is NOT one to follow!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:12 pm 

I tend to use Motorsport.com as my first port of call.

But, they own Autosport now, so I'm not sure!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:22 pm 

Herb wrote:

Motorsport and Autosport are exactly the same, go on both of the websites now it's literally just a copy paste of the same articles, sometimes with a slightly different headline but not always. It's pointless them both existing now IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:00 pm 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Herb wrote:

Motorsport and Autosport are exactly the same, go on both of the websites now it's literally just a copy paste of the same articles, sometimes with a slightly different headline but not always. It's pointless them both existing now IMO.

I think Autosport only exists still because it used to be the 'go to' place. It'll be merged into motorsport.com soon enough I reckon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:59 pm 

Hilarious, Autosport is too in depth? Well, gee, look no further than Planet F1 for three line non stories!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:20 pm 

Racer.com have a few decent stories occasionally but it's much more heavily geared towards American Motorsport. Miller's Mailbag is great reading every Wednesday to get a bit of an Indycar education, its probably the main reason I go there.