planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:16 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules





Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:09 am
Posts: 2701
Location: Perth, Australia
Bought myself an Autosport online subscription to celebrate the start of the season and try to get up-to-date with the goings on that I probably missed the last 12 months. I had one a couple of years back and thought it was a reasonable price to pay to support a struggling industry.

One grievance I have with the publication is their features are consistently way too long. Maybe I have a short attention span, but they so often lure me in with interesting titles only to be followed by 2500-word stories virtually every time. I usually lose interest after four or five paragraphs. They have a serious issue with getting to the point.

Sorry, this is just a rant but I'll segue it into a constructive question:

What's the best website for motorsport news and features?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 6121
Toby. wrote:
Bought myself an Autosport online subscription to celebrate the start of the season and try to get up-to-date with the goings on that I probably missed the last 12 months. I had one a couple of years back and thought it was a reasonable price to pay to support a struggling industry.

One grievance I have with the publication is their features are consistently way too long. Maybe I have a short attention span, but they so often lure me in with interesting titles only to be followed by 2500-word stories virtually every time. I usually lose interest after four or five paragraphs. They have a serious issue with getting to the point.

Sorry, this is just a rant but I'll segue it into a constructive question:

What's the best website for motorsport news and features?


Well, I thought it was Autosport until I read this post!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:09 am
Posts: 2701
Location: Perth, Australia
Siao7 wrote:
Toby. wrote:
Bought myself an Autosport online subscription to celebrate the start of the season and try to get up-to-date with the goings on that I probably missed the last 12 months. I had one a couple of years back and thought it was a reasonable price to pay to support a struggling industry.

One grievance I have with the publication is their features are consistently way too long. Maybe I have a short attention span, but they so often lure me in with interesting titles only to be followed by 2500-word stories virtually every time. I usually lose interest after four or five paragraphs. They have a serious issue with getting to the point.

Sorry, this is just a rant but I'll segue it into a constructive question:

What's the best website for motorsport news and features?


Well, I thought it was Autosport until I read this post!


He-he, my bad. That's my belief as well, I was just putting out the feelers for any genuine contenders.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 6121
I don't really read anything else, I can definitely say though that the PF1 website is NOT one to follow!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 pm
Posts: 1962
I tend to use Motorsport.com as my first port of call.

But, they own Autosport now, so I'm not sure!

_________________
Top Three Team Champions 2017 (With Jezza13)
Group Pick 'Em 2016 Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7112
Herb wrote:
I tend to use Motorsport.com as my first port of call.

But, they own Autosport now, so I'm not sure!

Motorsport and Autosport are exactly the same, go on both of the websites now it's literally just a copy paste of the same articles, sometimes with a slightly different headline but not always. It's pointless them both existing now IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 pm
Posts: 1962
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Herb wrote:
I tend to use Motorsport.com as my first port of call.

But, they own Autosport now, so I'm not sure!

Motorsport and Autosport are exactly the same, go on both of the websites now it's literally just a copy paste of the same articles, sometimes with a slightly different headline but not always. It's pointless them both existing now IMO.


I think Autosport only exists still because it used to be the 'go to' place. It'll be merged into motorsport.com soon enough I reckon.

_________________
Top Three Team Champions 2017 (With Jezza13)
Group Pick 'Em 2016 Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:36 pm
Posts: 2314
Hilarious, Autosport is too in depth? Well, gee, look no further than Planet F1 for three line non stories!

_________________
Shoot999: "And anyone who puts a Y on the end of his name as a nickname should be punched in the face repeatedly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 2393
Location: England
Racer.com have a few decent stories occasionally but it's much more heavily geared towards American Motorsport. Miller's Mailbag is great reading every Wednesday to get a bit of an Indycar education, its probably the main reason I go there.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2018: {Rookie Year}
Current positon: 1st | 2 Podiums | 1 Win


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group