planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:27 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:51 pm 

That's exactly how I feel about his style of movies.... he makes bad movies that a very entertaining to watch. He's also one of the main innovators of IMAX cameras as well, so while we can always point out the stupid and ridiculous things we see... they're always in the highest quality that can be done.... and I do like the fact he's got the mentality of 'if it can be done for real, then do it for real'. he uses CGI to compliment his vision (Strange comment to make about a movie containing numerous giant CGI Robots I know), rather than rely on it to make his vision reality

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:29 am 

I watched the King Arthur movie. It was a bit... I can't tell if I liked it or not. Probably not. It was like Lock Stock but in the round table! Very weird indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:00 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
That's exactly how I feel about his style of movies.... he makes bad movies that a very entertaining to watch. He's also one of the main innovators of IMAX cameras as well, so while we can always point out the stupid and ridiculous things we see... they're always in the highest quality that can be done.... and I do like the fact he's got the mentality of 'if it can be done for real, then do it for real'. he uses CGI to compliment his vision (Strange comment to make about a movie containing numerous giant CGI Robots I know), rather than rely on it to make his vision reality

If I didn't know you were talking about Guy Richie (you are, aren't you?), that description sounds a lot like Peter Jackson from 25 years ago ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:46 pm 

I'm talking about Michael Bay...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:13 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
I'm talking about Michael Bay...
8O

:lol: My bad!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:52 am 

SDLRob wrote:
Wonder Woman is arguably the best DC movie so far in the new universe... Gal Gadot is superb as Diana, Pine is great as Steve Trevor and the rest of the cast is just as good.

I watched it last night. I agree about Gadot and Pine, Gadot is such a powerfull actress. However I didn't like the storyline, it felt like any other movie recipe, right down to the twist at the end (surprise the bad guy isn't who you thought it would be).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:58 am 

I knew it wouldn't be who I thought.... but I didn't see who it actually was coming...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:47 pm 

So, I watched Alien:Covenant yesterday. It is truly truly awful. Basically, it's the dodgy Predators film with Adrien Brody but with Aliens instead.
The problem with it, is that it just invents a new bit of Alien mythology. Instead of facehuggers, they use
Spoiler: show
plants that shoot pollen into your nose/ear
. It's genuinely the dumbest thing I've seen in this franchise, and that includes the human/alien hybrid nonsense from Resurrection.
Then, there is a bit in the middle when there is an extended section while
two androids teach each other how to play the flute
and it shows one of them
cutting his long hair. How do robots grow hair??

Also, there is no real terror. At all. It's just so bad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:48 pm 

Watched Blade Runner 2049 last night.

Not bad, however I found it slow at times. Reading reviews, a lot of people thought the same. It could have easily been 40' shorter.

Also:

What did Wallace want Deckard and the child? He mentions that he wants the Replicas to conquer the universe, but he can't produce enough of them. Then when it is known that the Replicas can reproduce, he wants to take advantage of this???

The whole point as shown by the resistance is that if the Replicants reproduce by themselves then they will rise above the humans,
superior in any way. They will not need Wallace to produce them anymore.

If he wants to kill them, then why does he take Deckard as a prisoner? Why not just kill him?

Something doesn't add up. Or more likely there's something I am missing!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:06 pm 

I loved the new Blade Runner and in my opinion before going to see it, it was not a film that needed to be made. The score was just fantastic and the cinematography was beautiful. I need to go and see it for a 2nd time I think but at an imax screen.