planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:04 pm 

I've still not stopped playing Minecraft since last Autumn! As myself and my gaming friends are xbox players, we put our Christmas bonus into a shared xbox hosting a Minecraft world so we can all play together in a shared world.

This is also an open invite to anyone who plays or wants to play Minecraft on Xbone and wants to jon in, it's hosted by CruelVikings so send a friend request and come join in if you want to.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:09 am 

I've never tried Minecraft. I know it's crazy popular but I've never seen the appeal.

Well, I got an urge to play Mass Effect 3 but my 360 is broken. So I opened that bad boy and took it apart to see if I could do anything to help it. I opened the optical drive, checked everything was mounted properly and moving correctly, then gently cleaned the lens etc. Tested it (very gingerly - live electronics scare me when they are all exposed) and it read ME3 disk 1. So I turn it off, put it all back together, turn it on again... "Unrecognised Disk". Best I've been able to get is that the 360 recognises that ME3 is in, but gives an error when trying to install or play the game.

I might try installing on my friends 360 onto a USB stick. If my 360 can recognise the disk, that might work. I can't recall if the disk actually spins proper when installed like that. Or, I could probably just borrow his 360. I knew buying an Xbone rather than a replacement 360 last summer was a bad idea.

Also I assumed getting into a console would only be slightly more hassle than a PC. Definitely incorrect with the 360. I think about 90 mins to open it up - though this was due to trying to work out how to open it and find all the clipping points etc. Doing it back together took less than 5 mins. Was kinda fun though.

Edit:
My replacement Xbone came today. Thankfully, I actually do backup most of my games and downloads so wasn't too painful. I think I lost about 10-15 hours of Fallout 4 mucking about, but I have many more hours saved so that's something.

I played, this afternoon, Beyond Eyes. I have a fondness for videogames that I feel are pretty unique. This is a very nice concept. You play as a young blind girl, and you can only experience the world around you when you are very close to it. Walls appear when you touch them, smells can guide you to object, noises are important too obviously. The game is basically a huge white canvas and you fill it in slowly by walking around. You have no health or the like, you just walk about looking for your cat. It's definitely an interesting game. I doubt I'd ever replay it, but this is the kind of game that is also art in my book. It's a really interesting concept being blind and having to experience the world in such a way. I'm fairly sure I either got it free with Games with Gold or got it dirt cheap in a sale. Worth the experience.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:50 pm 

I've made a pretty nice compilation of Ferrari F1 cars (21 from 1950 to 2015), you can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD_eJkHrGrI

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:03 am 

So I went and bought the Division.

It's fun enough, but I'm not sure why it's any kind of a big deal really. It's okay, but not great. The plot is not even close to intriguing or enthralling. I've had more issues in the last 3 days getting kicked from the game than any game I can recall. That includes a Gamecube game I played about 10 years ago using homebrewed software that proxied the internet connection through my laptop and redirected it to an alternative server.

It's freeroam, and the PvE bit seems rather sparse. Okay, I've done a fair few missions but none new have popped up. The cover based system is either trying to be realistic or doesn't work properly - I get hit all the time from angles that I don't think would work in any other cover shooter I've played. Combat is a little lacking on the whole. The perks are pretty unimaginative.

Also, I'd have to complain about the mechanic where enemies can generally kill you quickly if you aren't in correct cover spawning enemies directly behind you. I've had this a few times and it's annoying. It's like fake-difficulty.

It's not that I'm not enjoying it. I just, again, expected a bit more. I'll be honest, if not for the £47.99 I paid for the download... I'm not sure I'd keep playing it. Maybe I should start going in for Betas... That said, I will keep playing it so long as my buddy remains into it. He's been looking for a new online game to play with me since I got off the Destiny train 18 months ago.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:21 am 

I've seen some gameplay of the Division and I wasn't really that impressed with it, it came across as being another generic shooter that didn't offer anything new to the table.

As for me I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, pretty much if you liked the 2013 release you will like this one as they took everything from that and made it better for this one. The story is also very good, predictable at times but at the same time there were parts that I didn't expect so it evens out. The environment is a lot more open world than the last game, the enemies are more diverse and tougher (depending on difficulty), and there is more to do outside of the main story. So if you are after a good action movie like game that won't consume your entire existence to finish and enjoy then I would definitely recommend getting this.

I have now moved on to playing Lucius, best way to sum it up is that you are the spawn of Satan and you need to devise ways of killing people to make it seem like an accident so you don't get caught or suspected. It's not a horror game though it might come across like it as you are harvesting peoples souls for the devil after all, but it's more like a puzzle/problem solving game. It's been fun so far, it's not something that I would normally play so it's refreshing but it can be annoying at times as when you fail you have to start the whole chapter over again which wouldn't be so bad except for some npc's seem to struggle with opening doors. So there you are walking around in the middle of the night with a nail gun in your hands, open up a door and there are 3 npc's with flashlights that were stuck directly behind it "You Have Been Spotted!!! - Game Over"...... omg its so annoying.

Podiums: 11
2017 Championship Standing: Don't look, it's hideous!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:55 am 

The Division.

It may be a function of my level or equipment, but I find most enemies either die super-quick or they are mega-sponges to my bullets. That's not so bad, except I feel like one of two hits reduces my guy to under 1/3 health. This is just kind annoying. The numerical advantage enemies have means they tend to just bum rush me and kill me.

But most of all, as I work my way through the content... there isn't that much of it it seems. Okay, I admit I haven't finished it and so there could be a whole lot still to go. But I don't think there is. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do at high levels? Just repeat the same small number of missions for new stuff? Just run about the DZ killing bots until I get a better drop?

I don't know what I expected. I like to feel like I'm progressing in a game from a clear point A to point B. Games where the whole thing is just to get more stats generally don't appeal to me (though PSO on Gamecube is like that and will almost certainly remain the game I've played most in my entire life... and by a margin). I liked the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, but I had a nice team on that and it was also really good fun and had much more variety combat. (This applies to PvE rather than PvP - I see the allure in Call of Duty or whatever).

My opinion isn't set yet, but I have the feeling that I've spent a lot of money on a game that doesn't actually meet that value for me. I suppose if I play it 24 hours, that's £2/hour of entertainment which isn't a bad rate of return given £10 to go see a 2 hour movie as a comparison.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:18 am 

Big fan of Minecraft, I play far too much of that game. It's strange how relaxing it can be.

BIG Forza 6 fan here, play that almost daily nowadays & I've been contributing to the twice-weekly Twitch streams Turn 10 do. The idiot crushers are still annoying as heck, but I find the Leagues can be (mostly) safe & a lot of fun.

The Division... I like it. Interesting set up & a good game to disappear into... But it's not a solo game in any sense of the word & it's not always easy to get my team together.

Rocket League.... Utter insane madness & I love it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:14 pm 

Quick question you SDLRob if you play Minecraft a fair bit - do you know what's the biggest cause of game lag between chests, hoppers and Redstone? I went a bit crazy on my game and made a sorting system for every item in the game and it's slowed down so much since finishing it and I can't find a definitive answer in forums.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:18 am 

I play the XB1 version, not experienced any lag between the items you mentioned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:50 am 

SDLRob wrote:
I play the XB1 version, not experienced any lag between the items you mentioned

The game that's getting the lag I've got is xbone too. There are 740 chests and 1980 hoppers! Doesn't hurt to ask though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:46 pm 

minchy wrote:
I've still not stopped playing Minecraft since last Autumn! As myself and my gaming friends are xbox players, we put our Christmas bonus into a shared xbox hosting a Minecraft world so we can all play together in a shared world.

This is also an open invite to anyone who plays or wants to play Minecraft on Xbone and wants to jon in, it's hosted by CruelVikings so send a friend request and come join in if you want to.

lol so you've got the minecraft bug, was big into it during 2014... they've added so many things on the ps3 version since but I haven't bothered with it anymore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:26 am 

f1madman wrote:
minchy wrote:

lol so you've got the minecraft bug, was big into it during 2014... they've added so many things on the ps3 version since but I haven't bothered with it anymore

It's more than a bug mate, it's a fecking addiction! I'm gonna need therapy to get off this game! 2014 must've been a fair few updates ago.

Anyway, most of my problem solved, I was getting a load of game lag from the gold farm on the server. Fitted the portals with an on/off circuit and it's almost running smoothly again :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:11 am 

How big is the world you're in? Could it be you've reached the limit of what it can handle?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:44 pm 

SDLRob wrote:
How big is the world you're in? Could it be you've reached the limit of what it can handle?

It is the largest size you can get (25 map squares) and we've built on 11 of them, it all ran fine apart for my main base area.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:04 pm 

So happy with this news......
https://mobile.twitter.com/NightDiveStu ... wsrc%5Etfw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:29 am 

I'd never played any of the Uncharted series before. Decided Uncharted 1-3 Remastered for £27 was decent value and took the plunge.

Close to the end of the first game, really enjoying it and it stands well for a game which is almost a decade old. Will continue to work through them over the next 2 months. Will probably invest in #4 when its released.

We need more big games which involve a story and a route. I know everyone loves open world and multiplayer, but I hate multiplayer and open world has limited value and usually results in you doing the Activision thing of collecting a bunch of fairy cakes with no real purpose and climbing towers to activate portions of a map. I hate Activision.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:07 pm 

Well, the Division continues to be an absolute clusterf*ck.

Between the game being glitchy in general, every new update removing a number of issues while adding some new issues and the horrific lack of content at end game, I'm just about done with this.

The game shipped with basically no plot to drive along a pretty boring set of story missions. You hit maximum level and your options are as follows:
Dark Zone (PvPvE zone)
Daily Missions - replay the same missions you did already. The challenging missions are limited to 4 of those missions too, further killing the variabilty.
Incursion - Waves of enemies where if you cock-up after an hour, you redo the whole thing. So boring and with such fake difficulty that it seems like most of the playerbase has resorted to glitching it to get the rewards in a no risk way.
A gorgeous overworld of New York where basically nothing of interest happens anymore, even moreso when they changed the crafting so that collecting resources is much less useful.

Crappy maingame and crappy endgame.

The game also was nice enough to lock a number of players out. Ubisoft and Massive were kind enough to not bother to warn anyone of this glitch even after thousands of reports and them unearthing the cause. Then they updated and deleted players characters (not permanently, though took them a couple days to tell folks that). They released a patch then had to release a hotfix later because they cocked up the first patch. The whole thing has basically been badly run.

I would have thought they would have looked at Destiny and the criticism of that game and learned from it. I know they are not identical but they are similar. Learn from others mistakes if nothing else. I gave up Destiny because of the problems I had with it. This game is less fun with less interesting things to do. I'm still playing it a little as my best mate wants to play it still and he got the game because I thought it looked cool. But I won't be sticking with it much longer unless it shapes up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:55 am 

Still playing a game I don't even like! The Division. I convinced my buddy to buy it and he's still into it so I play it with him out of guilt. I'll add it to the list of psychological defects that I'll need to sort at a later date.

Also been replaying Final Fantasy 10. Not quite the game I remember it being. It's been good, and I do like the story. The voice acting just seems really weak now. The story somewhat drags. The early game combat is somewhat annoying due to the need to often switch characters. Basically pads the game out. Can't easily skip out on it too as you sometimes lose party members or have fights that need done with one character.

The game is also really short. I'm 33 hours in and almost finished the main story. And I play it on emulator at 2.5x speed, so I have a fair chunk of dead time added into that. It's neither here nor there really, I just remember it being longer. I really liked the optional post-story stuff though. Looking forward to that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:24 am 

Been watching more and more Overwatch footage the last couple of weeks, looks like it's going to be a good one. Doesn't fully release until next month but I will probably end up getting it at some stage.

Also Rocket League. Get it.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:18 am 

I pre-ordered Overwatch... dammit I'm weak...

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:48 pm 

specdecible wrote:

I also did it...

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:58 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
specdecible wrote:

I also did it...

Standard or Origins Edition? The only reason I pre ordered was because I got the Origins Edition for the same price as the standard version. Too good a deal to pass up, saved around $28.00

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:06 pm 

specdecible wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
specdecible wrote:

I also did it...

Standard or Origins Edition? The only reason I pre ordered was because I got the Origins Edition for the same price as the standard version. Too good a deal to pass up, saved around $28.00

Standard. My first Blizzard game. I really enjoyed beta, so I bought it, but now I'm not sure I will invest much time into it. I mostly played as a Mei during beta. Her long range weapon is very powerful if you can aim for headshots.

Beside that it's first game I bought this year, really. :o

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:54 am 

dizlexik wrote:
specdecible wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
specdecible wrote:

I also did it...

Standard. My first Blizzard game. I really enjoyed beta, so I bought it, but now I'm not sure I will invest much time into it. I mostly played as a Mei during beta. Her long range weapon is very powerful if you can aim for headshots.

I never got to play the beta, my internet has been running slower than dial up lately so I wouldn't have been able to play it properly. I have however been watching a lot of it on youtube and from what I've seen I get the impression that I will enjoy it. Did you get it for PC or console?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:14 am 

specdecible wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
specdecible wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
specdecible wrote:

I also did it...

I never got to play the beta, my internet has been running slower than dial up lately so I wouldn't have been able to play it properly. I have however been watching a lot of it on youtube and from what I've seen I get the impression that I will enjoy it. Did you get it for PC or console?

PC. For me I had to play it, to actually convince myself to buy it. When I played it, I actually started to understand what is going on. Each hero have 3 abilities. 2 of them charge couple of seconds and one the most powerful that take while to charge. Beside that most of heros have just one weapon with 2 attack modes. Ammo is unlimited and there are just health packs. I don't remember any multiplayer shoter like that. Not sure I will like when on higher level it will be something more than just happy spam. Beside that the matchmaking works well, matches don't last more than 10 minutes.

edit: fixed some sentences and typos

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:32 pm 

And here is new GT game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... rt-preview

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:16 pm 

Supposedly there is funding in place for a Tetris movie? Please tell me I misread that. Oh I did... it's a trilogy of movies?!?! WHAT? A F*CKING TETRIS MOVIE? Of all the videogames with stories that could be made into movies, this is close to bottom of the list. Pong is probably better to make a film from than Tetris. Pac-man at least has a hero to follow built in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... -a-trilogy

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:39 pm 

Picked up Doom today. Wasn't sure about it as most of the pre release hype I saw was for multiplayer which I have no interest in playing. But after watching a few lets play youtube vids, it looked fun and as it's developed by Bethesda who have made some of the most enjoyable single player FPS games ever, I thought I'd give it a go. And after only playing the first level so, I think it was a good choice! It's so much fun. There's no other way to describe it really, there's next to no attempted realism to it and seems to be a homage to it's predecessor's with the sole purpose of the game being simply to kill stuff! Can't wait to play more.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:00 am 

dizlexik wrote:
specdecible wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
specdecible wrote:

PC. For me I had to play it, to actually convince myself to buy it. When I played it, I actually started to understand what is going on. Each hero have 3 abilities. 2 of them charge couple of seconds and one the most powerful that take while to charge. Beside that most of heros have just one weapon with 2 attack modes. Ammo is unlimited and there are just health packs. I don't remember any multiplayer shoter like that. Not sure I will like when on higher level it will be something more than just happy spam. Beside that the matchmaking works well, matches don't last more than 10 minutes.

edit: fixed some sentences and typos

Yeah, it's my first Blizzard game as well. If you want you can add me on Battle.net: specdecible#1318

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:50 pm 

New patch for the Division today. It's very much in the last chance saloon for me. Hopefully some of these bits and bobs added make the game worth playing.

Got Project Cars for Xbone recently. Don't really care for the road cars at all, but I've really really enjoyed the karts and looking forward to the single seaters. The selection of views is limited I thought, though I do really approve of the customisable HUD feature. Annoyingly, this makes me want to buy a wheel and pedals. Why couldn't MS not be dicks and let my force feedback wheel from my 360 work on the Xbone too? I'd buy a new set but the price is off-putting and I live in a tiny wee flat. I guess I could store them under my bed but that's a bit of a pain.

Oh and if any of you guys have Project Cars, does it always take a hideously long time to save? After each round of a championship I get the menu telling me I got mail or whatever. Half the time it takes probably 30-40 seconds for the save icon to *inaudible* off. It's not the end of the world, but it is rather irritating. I'd turn off autosaves except I've gotten so used to them outside RTS games that I fear I'd play 4 hours then forget to save.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:04 pm 

Takes only a second or two for me but i have the pc version.

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:52 pm 

I have the Xbox One version and it takes forever for me too. When I try and skip through a load of road car events it will randomly take about a minute to load at some point, then it will be fine again for a few skips.

Also whenever I try to change settings it takes ages to load when I exit the settings screen. Which was especially annoying as I was trying to turn the rear view mirror at the top of the screen on. Then every time I went into a race it wasn't there and when I went back into settings it had changed itself to "mirror off" again.

If Covalent hasn't experienced similar issues I'd say it's a console/Xbone thing.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:32 am 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
I have the Xbox One version and it takes forever for me too. When I try and skip through a load of road car events it will randomly take about a minute to load at some point, then it will be fine again for a few skips.

Also whenever I try to change settings it takes ages to load when I exit the settings screen. Which was especially annoying as I was trying to turn the rear view mirror at the top of the screen on. Then every time I went into a race it wasn't there and when I went back into settings it had changed itself to "mirror off" again.

If Covalent hasn't experienced similar issues I'd say it's a console/Xbone thing.

I have experienced issues with changed settings being reverted, but like I mentioned no issues with long saving times.

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:49 pm 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:

I guess it is an Xbone or console thing then. Good to know. Annoying, but it's the way it's meant to be rather than just my game or console being screwed.

Anyway, consoles are basically dead now. Microsoft and Sony are both planning on releasing an iterative console. I don't mean a slim style or slight alteration to the internal gubbins but the same console deal. These are slightly more powerful consoles that will give better performance. It sounds like the plans are currently to just have a prettier game on the new consoles, but let's be honest... The next Halo game or Gran Tourismo or whatever is going to end up being conveniently just too much for the original consoles so we'll have to spend another £300 on a toy. This really seems like the death of console gaming could start here. It might not happen on the next iteration but at some point they'll use this to screw us. PS4.5 has PS4 mode and Neo mode. I'd be some big killer game at some point is going to only run in Neo mode. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but I just don't trust them.

I like consoles because they are one configuration. Everyone is the same, you don't need to screw around with option and hopefully, the £300 toy lasts 5-10 years so you at least get a high value out of it. I really do not trust MS and Sony not to just screw gamers over with this whole thing.

If, to play the latest games, I need to be upgrading a console regularly then I might as well play PC and get all the advantages that brings. I actually don't know why I haven't done so.

Related news articles:
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news ... eport.html

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/ne ... eport.html

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/ne ... eport.html

http://kotaku.com/sources-smaller-xbox- ... 1778634446

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:59 pm 

I believe the new consoles are just anomaly, because they are incapable of running VR content. Still 4 years life cycle or so isn't unprecedented. In a long run the consoles are destined to die anyway. There is some nice research about low latency cloud gaming: http://research.microsoft.com/apps/pubs/?id=226843

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:52 pm 

minchy wrote:
Picked up Doom today. Wasn't sure about it as most of the pre release hype I saw was for multiplayer which I have no interest in playing. But after watching a few lets play youtube vids, it looked fun and as it's developed by Bethesda who have made some of the most enjoyable single player FPS games ever, I thought I'd give it a go. And after only playing the first level so, I think it was a good choice! It's so much fun. There's no other way to describe it really, there's next to no attempted realism to it and seems to be a homage to it's predecessor's with the sole purpose of the game being simply to kill stuff! Can't wait to play more.

New Doom is amazing, just ridiculous over the top ultra-violence. The multiplayer did get slated originally, mostly by the usual COD/Battlefield players - can understand as it has more in common with Unreal and Quake 3 than those titles. The single player shines though. Best game I've played in a while

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:03 pm 

There's been a few new SNES games available on the DS for download so I thought I'd download a few of them. Then it said that they were only available for a new 3DS, so me being a dumb and unaware getting-on-for-middle-aged-man thought well I may as well upgrade from my 2DS and buy a 3DS, fully unaware that a 'new 3DS' is actually the name of Nintendo's new model of 3DS which has a better processor than the last one.

Don't know if I am really just a thick person for not knowing that or if Nintendo should have possibly thought about their marketing and branding a little better, but either way, that was a shopping trip wasted! At least I can get a full refund for the pointless 3DS I bought though when I get chance to go back to the shop next.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:03 pm 

Been replaying Fallout 4 on Survival difficulty.

As with many of my critcism of the game at release, Obsidian kinda did it better in New Vegas. I like the general health things. I despise the idea of only being able to save when sleeping. I get that otherwise I'd just save every 2 minutes and it'd remove a lot of the challenge, but I find it more on an inconvenience to my life than an in-game challenge. And Bethesda make great games but they glitch out a lot. Saving helps mitigate the effect of these glitches. New Vegas had the survival aspects basically be independent of combat. So you could have Easy enemies but still have to worry about keeping fed and watered. F4 makes you run about on the hardest difficulty. And once you leave the mode, you can't go back into it. I hope there is a technical reason why it needs to be so. If it's just to stop people turning the game difficulty down briefly that's a stupid reason. It's my game, it's single player and there isn't an achievement/trophy or anything comparitive to other folks on the line. So why not let me play however I want.

Removal of the ability to fast travel makes sense in context, but it also makes the game rather boring. I'm about 20 hours into this run and I really do think that at least 5 of them have been running between Diamond City and Sancutary/Abernathy farm. It makes sense in game, but it detracts from the game.

Pretty much gotten over the hump now. The first few hours with low stats, crappy guns and minimal armour were tough. Now I have my .50 caliber sniper rifle and a few bits of armour and just sneak about head-shotting fools.

Also been loving Project Cars. Except I can't control any of the roadcars. I'm doing career mode and I aim to go F1 route. Karts were fine (125cc were boring, 250cc were fantastic). Formula Rookie was an absolute blast. Formula C was good fun. In Formula B I have a hard time getting power down out of any slow corner. I mucked about with Formula A and I could only get the car going off the line if I had a teeny amount of throttle until I was medium revs in 2nd gear. For the road cars I lose the rear end comically often. Perhaps I just suck at the game entirely, but I'm not sure. Not being able to put any power down and not being able to even start a race properly feel like they'll really kill my career before it really gets going.

And Skyrim is getting a re-master. Maybe it was started well before the backwards compatibility of the Xbone was announced but it feels like a bit of a money grab to me. But more than that, gaming has gotten a bit weird. It seems really odd to me that remasters of PS3/360 generation games are such a big deal. These games are 10 years or so old at most, and the performance differences graphically are pretty small. For most of these though they only bother with the graphics and don't bother with any gameplay things that probably should have been fixed. It really bothered me in Halo: CE Anniversary that they did the graphics up but left the gameplay identical. A number of new features were added in the later games that had no logical reason not to be in the first one other than they hadn't thought of them yet. Movies seem to get rebooted after a short time these days, remastering for games. And yes, I'm aware that I'm not exactly discouraging the practice given I'll be buying the Skyrim re-release when it drops.

And I'd go nuts if they remastered the Mass Effect trilogy. I'd pre-order that despite my aversion to that practice and buy the season pass before any DLC has even been announced.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:14 pm 

Saw one of my best mates tonight. Bought me Just Cause 3 and Tomb Raider 2 as it was my birthday last week. A little much (neither of these games is all that cheap - and he's just bought a house and is getting married etc), but definitely appreciated. Just Cause 3 is a riot, as I'd expect. They've made it easier. Highlight of our night was tethering two helicopters together, jumping off and then making them collide. Love it.

Really looking forward to hitting up RotTR. I liked the old series, and also loved the reboot series. My gaming for the next wee while is sorted. I thought the first game was good enough I bought it on 360 then bought it again on Xbone.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:23 pm 

I'm nor officially sick of pvp mmo games!

Unless you can play with even 1 other person (like me caise none of my friends want to play the same games), they're completely pointless. You're unable to join a clan cause you've only just started and 'no noobs', bit you can't level up cause all the clans pick on the new players cause they're easy targets. In every game I've tried, I'm always stuck in an endless cycle of not being able to get anywhere.

I've found in playing pve that it's easier to find random people or clans to play with, but gets boring much faster. What looks like good servers are always private and usually played on by youtube it twitch players and they don't want anyone else to join and if you start you're own without any friends to start with you, you're server will basically not be played on by others.

Why is the gaming world so unfriendly towards their own people?