planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:58 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules






Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 760
Location: In the misty morning, on the edge of time.
RichflysVs82 wrote:
Folk metal is great. Someone at a gig on Saturday was wearing a folk metal shirt that said "Go Folk Yourself" on the back. I need to get that shirt.

Yes! To each their own indeed. So what's your favourite Megadeth album of all time? :)


:lol: That shirt sounds awesome.

Mt fav Megadeth album is Rust In Peace. I know that Peace Sells... is the generally accepted highlight but Rust was more aggresive for me, Mustaine was at his snidy best on this album.

Im currently listening to some bad tv staring at my music collection trying to decide what to listen to.... hm...

_________________
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time…so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:01 pm
Posts: 132
Really? Peace Sells is considered the highlight? I would say Rust or Countdown. Marty Friedman is a legend! Holy Wars... Hanger 18, High Speed Dirt, Skin o' my teeth, Symphony, Tornado of Souls... no contest really.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 760
Location: In the misty morning, on the edge of time.
RichflysVs82 wrote:
Really? Peace Sells is considered the highlight? I would say Rust or Countdown. Marty Friedman is a legend! Holy Wars... Hanger 18, High Speed Dirt, Skin o' my teeth, Symphony, Tornado of Souls... no contest really.


I concur with this, but for some reason Peace Sells always seems to appear on these "best metal albums EVER!" lists but not Rust. :? And then there was the big noise about peace being "25 years old!" t hmmm... whatever :lol:

Currently listening to Moonspell Alpha Noir/Omega White. An example that double albums can be good.

_________________
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time…so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 4206
I've been listening to my rock playlist. It's about 350 songs in it and everyone is, in my mind, a classic. It's about 25 hours all in and apart from the urge to air guitar or sing along, great playlist.

Was Aerosmith - Crazy when I started this post, now KIX - Don't Close Your Eyes.

I switched from a 30Gig iPod to an 8 Gig iPhone as my main audio device (I don't use the iPhone as a phone, just as an music player). I have like 45 Gig of music so I've had to rely on playlists more than expecting it to always have what I want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:01 pm
Posts: 132
R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvuO2EvCTAE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 760
Location: In the misty morning, on the edge of time.
RichflysVs82 wrote:


Amen. What an awesome guitar player. The metal world has lost an Icon :-((

Was blasting Reign in Blood and South of Heaven, now blasting Seasons in the Abyss.

_________________
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time…so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 792
Location: Tampere, F1nland
"Get Lucky" Michael Jackson edit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkCn-iWLiSE

Better sounding vocals than in the original version.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 760
Location: In the misty morning, on the edge of time.
Kvelertak - Kverlertak. I must get the new album sometime soon, this album is great!

_________________
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time…so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:06 pm
Posts: 332
RIVAL SONS. I've been getting very depressed at the lack of decent rock n roll bands around at the moment, until I heard these guys.

All is not lost! Check them out - awesome stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwW43MaPNDM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 760
Location: In the misty morning, on the edge of time.
The new Airbourne Album "Black Dog Barking" on stream via Metal Hammers website.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Not the most intellecual music but this will be one serious party album! :D

_________________
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time…so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8057
I'm that far out that when I hear criss Cross had died I thought of Ultravox, Small Faces, Desmond Dekker, and Arthur Brown. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:06 pm
Posts: 332
Saz wrote:
The new Airbourne Album "Black Dog Barking" on stream via Metal Hammers website.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Not the most intellecual music but this will be one serious party album! :D


I've heard them a few times now on Planet Rock, and have to say I like what I've heard!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:40 pm
Posts: 1638
Location: Planet Earth
This http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV9tI by Jessie J makes me smile :)

_________________
"Too often we take for granted what our collective dream tells us is possible or impossible, acceptable or unacceptable."
The Four Insights by Alberto Villoldo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 760
Location: In the misty morning, on the edge of time.
Benici wrote:
Saz wrote:
The new Airbourne Album "Black Dog Barking" on stream via Metal Hammers website.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Not the most intellecual music but this will be one serious party album! :D


I've heard them a few times now on Planet Rock, and have to say I like what I've heard!!


It's shameless AC/DC worship, but hey when your that good at it... why not? It's the best album AC/DC haven't made in 10 years :D

Got off my butt and ordered the latest Kamelot album "Silverthorn" their first with new vocalist Tommy Karevik. (I got the special edition with cool story book, bonus disk and poster but anyway!). It turned up today, so just had it on...

It's really good! I was a bit disappointed with the "Poetry for the Poisoned", but this is right back to Kamelot at their best! Very orchestral and lots of guest vocalists but the musicianship is awesome! Tommy's vocals are not a million miles from Roy Khans, so you see how he could pull of the back catalogue. The story (it's a concept album, Kamelot's third) is well thought through and sits along with the music really well! It's a great symphonic-power-metal album! Will give it another spin shortly I think...

_________________
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time…so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 4206
Airbourne are freakin' amazing live. I've seen them at a Festival and at their own gig in Glasgow. Their frontman was climbing the rigging at the Festival and came through the crowd and did some solo's on the bars in Glasgow. It's just good ol' fashioned rock! Oddly enough, I don't like AC/DC much at all, and I am aware they sound very alike.


Anyway, I've been listening to Everyday is Exactly the Same by Nine Inch Nails on a loop. I haven't slept since Thursday morning, and am fuelled up to paranoia on red bull right now. Feel sick. Need to hang about for another 3 hours until my experiment finishes then I might duck out early and have a nap before I go out tonight / probably don't go out and play Skyrim / just sleeeeeeep.


On another note, I've been building my Silverstone Road Trip playlist. It's all "rock" or close to it. Got some absolute tunes in there. Hopefully my dad and brother like it. Meat Loaf (I saw him a few weeks ago and he was astounding again. Played For Crying Out Loud and it was intense). Cheap Trick. Twisted Sister. The Chain by Fleetwood Mac and some others. Metallica. Megadeth. Kiss. Airbourne. Kix. Def Leppard. Motley Crue. Foreigner. Heart. Rainbow. Sabbath. Bad Company/Free/Paul Rodgers. Bowie. Creed. Audioslave. Muse. Cinderella. Poison. Springsteen. Alice Cooper. Bon Jovi. Blur. Oasis. Pulp. Billy Idol. Autograph. The Beatles. The Kinks. Anthrax. Aerosmith. Slipknot. The Who. The Stones. Whitesnake. ZZ Top. Thin Lizzy. Sonata Arctica. Shinedown. Saxon. Thunder. Queen. Rage against the Machine. The Quireboys. Pearl Jam. Nazareth. Mr Big. Lynyrd Skynyrd. L.A Guns, Guns n Roses. Plus a few other songs from "The Greatest XXXXXX Album in the World" type albums. It should be satisfactory.

It also has Country Grammar by Nelly. This was the unofficial anthem of me and my mates trip to Silverstone in 2011. Not sure why it became the song of the trip but it was. Maybe cause we were in my mates Range Rover (rich friends are handy! Some of the stuff he brought was insane. Plus, he bought the Range Rover for the trip. Not rented it. Bought it.)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 760
Location: In the misty morning, on the edge of time.
Listening to Ensiferium: Iron. The more "metal" end of folk metal.

_________________
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time…so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 pm
Posts: 3796
Iron Maiden covering Led Zeppelin. It's not fantastic, but the fact it exists makes me happy.
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/home

_________________
IV
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 1014
Currently:
Coldplay - Violet hill
Leftfield - Melt
This will destroy you -Quiet
Beatles - In my life
Coldplay - Yellow
Prince - Purple rain
Tom Petty - I won't back down


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 1623
Location: Secret Volcano Lair
Rust in Peace Megadeth

_________________
[b LOADING KILL LIST.......[/b]
--------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 760
Location: In the misty morning, on the edge of time.
Race2win wrote:
Rust in Peace Megadeth


This one one of Megadeths best albums. Songs are brilliant, Riffs are brilliant, Lyrics are brilliant. One of the best thrash albums ever.

... which supercollider is not. :thumbdown: I got about 3 songs in and had to turn it off it grated me that bad. Then I listened to Rust in Peace, before trying supercollider again. Confirm the whole album was crap. So then listened to Peace Sells and got really upset by how bad the new album was and threw it (supercollider) at the wall... :evil: total waste of £10

Now listening to the new Children of Bodom album. Not their best by a long shot (nothing tops hatebreeder!) but its considerably better than Blooddrunk and Reckless, Relentless forever. And I promised myself to get the new Sabbath album sometime this week.

_________________
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time…so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:01 pm
Posts: 132
Saz wrote:
Race2win wrote:
Rust in Peace Megadeth


This one one of Megadeths best albums. Songs are brilliant, Riffs are brilliant, Lyrics are brilliant. One of the best thrash albums ever.

... which supercollider is not. :thumbdown: I got about 3 songs in and had to turn it off it grated me that bad. Then I listened to Rust in Peace, before trying supercollider again. Confirm the whole album was crap. So then listened to Peace Sells and got really upset by how bad the new album was and threw it (supercollider) at the wall... :evil: total waste of £10

Now listening to the new Children of Bodom album. Not their best by a long shot (nothing tops hatebreeder!) but its considerably better than Blooddrunk and Reckless, Relentless forever. And I promised myself to get the new Sabbath album sometime this week.


I always thought Follow the Reaper was their best? I have not heard hatebreeder so I will give it a butchers. :)

I'm listening to Scar Symmetry's Holographic Universe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:02 pm
Posts: 336
I'm currently repeating OneRepublic's Native album.
Great songs in there especially "If I Lose Myself" :)

_________________
VettelRaikkonenNasr


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 1623
Location: Secret Volcano Lair
RichflysVs82 wrote:
Saz wrote:
Race2win wrote:
Rust in Peace Megadeth


This one one of Megadeths best albums. Songs are brilliant, Riffs are brilliant, Lyrics are brilliant. One of the best thrash albums ever.

... which supercollider is not. :thumbdown: I got about 3 songs in and had to turn it off it grated me that bad. Then I listened to Rust in Peace, before trying supercollider again. Confirm the whole album was crap. So then listened to Peace Sells and got really upset by how bad the new album was and threw it (supercollider) at the wall... :evil: total waste of £10

Now listening to the new Children of Bodom album. Not their best by a long shot (nothing tops hatebreeder!) but its considerably better than Blooddrunk and Reckless, Relentless forever. And I promised myself to get the new Sabbath album sometime this week.


I always thought Follow the Reaper was their best? I have not heard hatebreeder so I will give it a butchers. :)

I'm listening to Scar Symmetry's Holographic Universe.

You have company. Follow the Reaper for me too any day. Hatebreeder comes next

_________________
[b LOADING KILL LIST.......[/b]
--------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 pm
Posts: 3796
I've been messing around with my guitars and amps and found a killer thrash tone, so it's been Metallica, Anthrax and Exodus day today :)

Sorry guys, but I'm not a Megadeth fan. Great musicianship, but Mustaine's voice drives me up the wall. i can sometimes get past it, but he sounds like he has a peg on his nose and a duck up his pickle.

_________________
IV
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:01 pm
Posts: 132
AngusWolfe wrote:
I've been messing around with my guitars and amps and found a killer thrash tone, so it's been Metallica, Anthrax and Exodus day today :)

Sorry guys, but I'm not a Megadeth fan. Great musicianship, but Mustaine's voice drives me up the wall. i can sometimes get past it, but he sounds like he has a peg on his nose and a duck up his pickle.



:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 760
Location: In the misty morning, on the edge of time.
AngusWolfe wrote:
I Mustaine's voice drives me up the wall. i can sometimes get past it, but he sounds like he has a peg on his nose and a duck up his pickle.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup: That is one of the best descriptions of Mustaine I have ever seen! Brilliant!

RichflysVs82 wrote:
I always thought Follow the Reaper was their best? I have not heard hatebreeder so I will give it a butchers.


Hatebreeder was my first Bodom album, so its got a special place in my heart. But Follow the Reaper is very close second.

Currenly listening to Ki by Devin Townsend. I love Devin Townsend but I often over look Ki, don't put it on much. But it is a brilliant album.

_________________
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time…so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:32 am
Posts: 101
MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 760
Location: In the misty morning, on the edge of time.
Breed 77 Un Enuentro. Spanish guitar tinged metal. And this album is sung in Spanish. Which is pretty cool as its a "Greatest Hits" essentially. A nice touch on the much maligned (with good reason) "greatest hits" albums that are usually cop-outs contractually.

_________________
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time…so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:01 pm
Posts: 132
Saz wrote:
Breed 77 Un Enuentro. Spanish guitar tinged metal. And this album is sung in Spanish. Which is pretty cool as its a "Greatest Hits" essentially. A nice touch on the much maligned (with good reason) "greatest hits" albums that are usually cop-outs contractually.


Breed 77! Blast from the past. Cultura is awesome! I'm listening to Katatonia: The Great Cold Distance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 760
Location: In the misty morning, on the edge of time.
RichflysVs82 wrote:
Saz wrote:
Breed 77 Un Enuentro. Spanish guitar tinged metal. And this album is sung in Spanish. Which is pretty cool as its a "Greatest Hits" essentially. A nice touch on the much maligned (with good reason) "greatest hits" albums that are usually cop-outs contractually.


Breed 77! Blast from the past. Cultura is awesome! I'm listening to Katatonia: The Great Cold Distance.


I have never met another Breed 77 fan on a forum. Ever. Day made :D And yes Cultura was an amazing album. I was listening to Katatonia earlier on, top band :thumbup:

_________________
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time…so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7444
Right now? nothing, about to go for a drive though.... so "And Justice For All" will be playing :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 pm
Posts: 3796
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Right now? nothing, about to go for a drive though.... so "And Justice For All" will be playing :D

That album would be so much better with bass... even with my stereos bass levels at there highest, it just lacks something.

_________________
IV
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7444
AngusWolfe wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Right now? nothing, about to go for a drive though.... so "And Justice For All" will be playing :D

That album would be so much better with bass... even with my stereos bass levels at there highest, it just lacks something.

:thumbup: Agreed, there are remastered tracks you can find under the title "And Justice For Jason" (which I still think is hilarious). But they should release an official remastered version including the bass before they call it a day. If for no other reason think of the money it would make from die hard fans.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 pm
Posts: 3796
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Right now? nothing, about to go for a drive though.... so "And Justice For All" will be playing :D

That album would be so much better with bass... even with my stereos bass levels at there highest, it just lacks something.

:thumbup: Agreed, there are remastered tracks you can find under the title "And Justice For Jason" (which I still think is hilarious). But they should release an official remastered version including the bass before they call it a day. If for no other reason think of the money it would make from die hard fans.

I do find myself listening to the edits on youtube more than the actual album, because of this. Otherwise, excellent set of songs :thumbup:

_________________
IV
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:01 pm
Posts: 132
AngusWolfe wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Right now? nothing, about to go for a drive though.... so "And Justice For All" will be playing :D

That album would be so much better with bass... even with my stereos bass levels at there highest, it just lacks something.

:thumbup: Agreed, there are remastered tracks you can find under the title "And Justice For Jason" (which I still think is hilarious). But they should release an official remastered version including the bass before they call it a day. If for no other reason think of the money it would make from die hard fans.

I do find myself listening to the edits on youtube more than the actual album, because of this. Otherwise, excellent set of songs :thumbup:


Ok... What's everyone's favorite Metallica album? I'm going Master of Puppets. Predictable? You betcha.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 pm
Posts: 3796
RichflysVs82 wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Right now? nothing, about to go for a drive though.... so "And Justice For All" will be playing :D

That album would be so much better with bass... even with my stereos bass levels at there highest, it just lacks something.

:thumbup: Agreed, there are remastered tracks you can find under the title "And Justice For Jason" (which I still think is hilarious). But they should release an official remastered version including the bass before they call it a day. If for no other reason think of the money it would make from die hard fans.

I do find myself listening to the edits on youtube more than the actual album, because of this. Otherwise, excellent set of songs :thumbup:


Ok... What's everyone's favorite Metallica album? I'm going Master of Puppets. Predictable? You betcha.


Ride the Lightning or Black Album. A lot of people hate on the Black Album for not being "Heavy" enough. Which is a lie, IMO. It's not as fast perhaps, but I think it's just as heavy, especially James's Rhythm guitar. It's the best produced Metallica album, and I think is best listened to as a whole album, not as a collection of songs, but Through the Never and God That Failed are highlights. I look at it like i do Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, Led Zeppelin IV and Thin Lizzy's Black Rose. They are albums, not collections of songs.

Ride just has the greatest collection of my favourite Metallica songs. Ride the Lightning, Fade to Black, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Creeping Death, Call, all some of the first tracks I play if I'm in a Metallica mood.

_________________
IV
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 4206
I'm not a particularly big Metallica fan but For Whom the Bell Tolls is one of the finest rock songs ever written I think. It normally makes its ways onto my playlists.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 760
Location: In the misty morning, on the edge of time.
RichflysVs82 wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Right now? nothing, about to go for a drive though.... so "And Justice For All" will be playing :D

That album would be so much better with bass... even with my stereos bass levels at there highest, it just lacks something.

:thumbup: Agreed, there are remastered tracks you can find under the title "And Justice For Jason" (which I still think is hilarious). But they should release an official remastered version including the bass before they call it a day. If for no other reason think of the money it would make from die hard fans.

I do find myself listening to the edits on youtube more than the actual album, because of this. Otherwise, excellent set of songs :thumbup:


Ok... What's everyone's favorite Metallica album? I'm going Master of Puppets. Predictable? You betcha.


Ride the Lightening. Master of Puppets very close second, but to me, Ride the Lightening has the most awesome Metallica songs per album on it. Title track, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Creeping Death... So many great Metallica songs on that album.

Someone put Death Magnetic on at work. I own it, but I've listened to it maybe 3 times. I just think that the bands quality control has gone out the window. Most of those songs could have been cut in half and greatly improved. A lot of really needless pedestrian riffs on that album... and that god awful instrumental (that I can't remember the name of)... who decided that was a good idea?

But now were all talking about Metallica, just got out Ride the Lightening to blast and will probably play Kill 'Em All after that.

_________________
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time…so remember: great achievements take time, there is no overnight success.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7444
ooooh, id go.
1. Ride The Lightning
2. Master Of Puppets
3. Kill 'Em All
4. And Justice For All

I wont bother with the others because the first 4 are where the Metallica magic was. Black Album was decent but I would rank it up with these 4.

Newer albums are still up there when I look at my music as a whole, but when you set the bar as high as Metallica did.... everything but the best will seem rubbish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:01 pm
Posts: 132
Ride the Lightning? Ok yes there are some legendary tracks on there. Orion sold it for me though. Burton's writing of 3 guitar harmonies in the quiet bit is just beautiful. The riffs in Leper Messiah is awesome too. To each their own!

P.S. Black album is amazing. Not a fan of Death Mehgnetic.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group