planetf1.com
http://forum.planet-f1.com/

What you listening too?
http://forum.planet-f1.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2799
Page 12 of 14

Author:  beyamei [ Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

vikz22 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjmK2E_WJbw

I think i'm in love :proud:

Ave Maria - Ms. Helene Fischer


Oh...my god. That woman is absolutely beautiful. And that voice.. 8O
I can't believe I've never heard of her before. Thank you so much for sharing!

Author:  RichflysVs82 [ Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Listening to some death metal. Spawn of Possession's Incurso album :nod:

Author:  Argentum [ Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Tool, Johnny Cash, Nine Inch Nails, Dixie Chicks, Yazoo.

It's been a varied night

Author:  Covalent [ Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

RichflysVs82 wrote:
Just saw Daniel Ricciardo's favourite song is End Of Heartache by Killswitch Engage. http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2013/8/14872.html
Awesome! :thumbup:

I then busted out my favourite Killswitch album: As Daylight Dies.

I love that album :thumbup:

Author:  Denorth [ Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

hooked on Slostice upcoming EP with Terrorozer (a magazine) streaming it
http://www.terrorizer.com/news/streams/ ... streaming/

Author:  mcdo [ Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Argentum wrote:
Tool, Johnny Cash, Nine Inch Nails, Dixie Chicks, Yazoo.

It's been a varied night

:thumbup:

Love it!

Varying what I listened to opened me up to so much more.
I'm going to 6 very different concerts in the next month and I can't wait for every single one of them:
Primal Scream
Chic
Depeche Mode
The Pharcyde
Queens of the Stone Age
Pixies

Author:  Saz [ Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Been discovering and rediscovering bands this week. Have listened so far today to -

Death Angel - The Dream Calls for Blood. This may be the trash release of the year. It's not game changing in anyway but its the best trash album I have heard in a long long time. Catchy choruses, gang vocals, pummeling riffs it's all here. Special Edition comes with a good cover of Heaven & Hell by Black Sabbath too

Carcass - Surgical Steel. Comeback album of the year? Quite possibly. Swansong was not the way the Carcass legacy should have ended, it was a woeful album. Drum-sound on this one is a bit clicky (I hope Andy Sneep gets hit by a number 10 bus soon! Seriously, he seems to be producing every metal album ever!) but they sound reinvigorated. Sonically is pretty faithful to the Heartwork era, but with even more groove.

Impaled Nazerene - Suomi Finland Perkele & Pro Patria Finlandia. Finnish Black Metal / Grind / Punk Fusion. If you have never listened to black metal before, Impaled Nazarene is probably not the best place to start. These guys have also been banned in many countries, and just listen to one of their CD's and you will understand why (ridiculously blasphemic lyrics). So if you are pretty sensitive to that kinda thing I would also avoid! But despite the aural abuse and general abrasiveness of their music, I actually find them really catchy. And I am also a sucker for the more controversial side of music.

Manowar - Hail to England. Yes its cheesy. Yes its ridiculous. Yes lots of songs about how awesome they/heavy metal are/is. But I don't care. Manowar are ridiculous and awesome. I could listen to Blood of my Enemies all day long.

Hatebreed - The Divinity of Purpose. I love Hatebreed. Jamey Jasta is one of the best frontmen I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. This is a really good album, among their best. Every song is a shout along anthem. Music to really get the bloody pumping.

And finally Frost* - Milliontown. Now defunct British prog rock band. 6 songs at over an hour. Really clever music, although the songs are long they never drag, lots of clever tempo changes but it never gets lost in a meandering mess. If you like prog rock, or are a fan of more melodic music, I recommend them.

Author:  RichflysVs82 [ Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Saz wrote:
Been discovering and rediscovering bands this week. Have listened so far today to -

Death Angel - The Dream Calls for Blood. This may be the trash release of the year. It's not game changing in anyway but its the best trash album I have heard in a long long time. Catchy choruses, gang vocals, pummeling riffs it's all here. Special Edition comes with a good cover of Heaven & Hell by Black Sabbath too

Carcass - Surgical Steel. Comeback album of the year? Quite possibly. Swansong was not the way the Carcass legacy should have ended, it was a woeful album. Drum-sound on this one is a bit clicky (I hope Andy Sneep gets hit by a number 10 bus soon! Seriously, he seems to be producing every metal album ever!) but they sound reinvigorated. Sonically is pretty faithful to the Heartwork era, but with even more groove.

Impaled Nazerene - Suomi Finland Perkele & Pro Patria Finlandia. Finnish Black Metal / Grind / Punk Fusion. If you have never listened to black metal before, Impaled Nazarene is probably not the best place to start. These guys have also been banned in many countries, and just listen to one of their CD's and you will understand why (ridiculously blasphemic lyrics). So if you are pretty sensitive to that kinda thing I would also avoid! But despite the aural abuse and general abrasiveness of their music, I actually find them really catchy. And I am also a sucker for the more controversial side of music.

Manowar - Hail to England. Yes its cheesy. Yes its ridiculous. Yes lots of songs about how awesome they/heavy metal are/is. But I don't care. Manowar are ridiculous and awesome. I could listen to Blood of my Enemies all day long.

Hatebreed - The Divinity of Purpose. I love Hatebreed. Jamey Jasta is one of the best frontmen I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. This is a really good album, among their best. Every song is a shout along anthem. Music to really get the bloody pumping.

And finally Frost* - Milliontown. Now defunct British prog rock band. 6 songs at over an hour. Really clever music, although the songs are long they never drag, lots of clever tempo changes but it never gets lost in a meandering mess. If you like prog rock, or are a fan of more melodic music, I recommend them.


Just listened to Carcass. I liked it! That album reminded me of Neuraxis - The Thin Line Between.

How have I not heard Frost* before? It's amazing! It's like Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Pain of Salvation and many more. I'll be buying this album for sure. It looks like they're back together too!

Author:  Saz [ Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

RichflysVs82 wrote:
How have I not heard Frost* before? It's amazing! It's like Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Pain of Salvation and many more. I'll be buying this album for sure. It looks like they're back together too!


I know I'm quite new to them myself. Someone at work mentioned them in passing when we were chatting about music, so made a note of the name and used the almighty power of youtube. Just wow. That album is amazing! Good recommendation that one!

And yay if they are back together! Would love to hear more stuff from them

Author:  Argentum [ Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Rory Gallagher

Author:  Denorth [ Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

http://www.muzu.tv/satyricon/phoenix-mu ... o/2102179/

this

Author:  AngusWolfe [ Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Richard Cheese. He's covered songs like Down With The Sickness by Disturbed, People = Sh*t by Slipknot and Smack My Bitch Up by The Prodigy. Well worth a listen.

Author:  Argentum [ Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Dick Cheese??? Got to be a nom de plume (phono?)

Had to have a listen. If nothing else, his covers make you smile. Favourite was Personal Jesus.

Author:  mac_d [ Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

I have an odd habit that when I stay up all night and go to work the next day exhausted, I like to listen to Nine Inch Nails - "Every Day is Exactly the Same" on a loop. I haven't slept in about 29 hours. I'm pumped full of caffeine to the point where I am edgy as all chocolate fudge cake and really damned paranoid. I quite like the feeling to be honest. Feel totally detached.


I'm hoping NIN are, among others, announced for Download 2014. I want to see Aerosmith. I haven't seen them before. I want to see Linkin Park again. But only 2 of the 6 currently announced bands tickle my fancy. I really enjoyed the Saturday night in 2011 where it was Mr Big (okay), Cheap Trick (amazing), Twisted Sister (fantastic) then Alice Cooper forming a kind of classic stage for the evening.

Author:  AngusWolfe [ Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, and didn't know where else to put it, so my question for all of you is

Rumours or Tusk?

Author:  Denorth [ Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

lately I am hooked on Terroriser magazine and their regular streaming of latest metal fairy cakes. Timie to time I found awesome things there.

from those that I liked:

Soltice - Death's crown is victory (old British band returning to music)

and

Kuolemanlaakso - Tulijoutsen (Finnish doom group and their second album)

Author:  mcdo [ Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

AngusWolfe wrote:
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, and didn't know where else to put it, so my question for all of you is

Rumours or Tusk?

Them's fightin' words!

Author:  AngusWolfe [ Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

mcdo wrote:
AngusWolfe wrote:
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, and didn't know where else to put it, so my question for all of you is

Rumours or Tusk?

Them's fightin' words!

I know! I've been *ahem* discussing it with a friend for several days with no sign of a winner, so I thought I'd ask.

Author:  OutKast [ Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

I listen to a lot of electronic based music.

I'm big on guys like:
Flying Lotus
Machinedrum
Hudson Mohawke
Samiyam
Lone
Ras G

I still love listening to:
Marshall Jefferson
Yellow Music Orchesta
Kraftwerk
808 State - Pacific State is probably be one of the greatest electronic tracks made. I had it on vinyl
Prodigy
FatBoy Slim

I love music in general, but just something about electronic/instrumentals that are so enticing to me.

I'm listening to Machinedrum right now, I need to listen to Beck's new album...

Author:  Sarhan [ Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

ATM this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvKUttYs5ow

Insane!

Author:  ApatheticRiku [ Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Lately, anything Soft Rock has been floating my boat pretty well. Savage Garden, Jason Mraz, and the like.

Author:  DaveStebbins [ Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

AngusWolfe wrote:
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, and didn't know where else to put it, so my question for all of you is

Rumours or Tusk?

Rumours. Nothing but win on that LP and without it, I don't know if Tusk would have happened.

Author:  Black_Flag_11 [ Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Pink Floyd - Comfortably numb

The Rolling Stones - Symapthy for the Devil

Beastie boys - Sabotage

On loop

Author:  AngusWolfe [ Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Soundgarden and Rage Against The Machine. It's a shame Audioslave were as unimpressive as they were.

Author:  Argentum [ Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Welcome to Jamrock - Damian Marley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GZlJGERbvE

Heard it in the pub last night, not heard it for ages

Author:  Covalent [ Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

AngusWolfe wrote:
Soundgarden and Rage Against The Machine. It's a shame Audioslave were as unimpressive as they were.

Yeah I feel the same way, apart from a couple of good songs the amount of wasted potential is a shame.

Author:  Black_Flag_11 [ Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Anyone tuning in to Metallica tonight? Think BBC2 are showing it.

Author:  AngusWolfe [ Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Anyone tuning in to Metallica tonight? Think BBC2 are showing it.

I'll be out, but it's recording on TiVo. It'll go down one of two ways.
1. They think "okay, It's a pop festival, let's not do anything too mental." And play mostly Black Album/Load era stuff, maybe Whiskey in the Jar (I like that stuff, nothing wrong with it, imo)
Or,
2. "Let's blow their f*cking minds" and play mostly Ride/Master/Justice stuff, with Lords of Summer and maybe something else new.

Which all depends on who wins the argument, James or Lars.

Author:  Black_Flag_11 [ Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Yeah think Lars said the set list would be decided just before they go out like they used to. So I guess it depends how they are feeling before the show. (Hoping for more "blow their minds" though :twisted: )

Author:  AngusWolfe [ Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Just watched it, it's a shame they went for option 1, but they at least threw Creeping Death and Master of Puppets in there. I wasn't expecting Cyanide, but it was welcome for once.

Author:  Black_Flag_11 [ Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Agreed, would have been nice to hear some more Justice & Kill em All, that said I enjoyed it on a whole & The memory remains was a surprising highlight.

Author:  James14 [ Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Argentum wrote:
Rory Gallagher


:thumbup: :)

Author:  DOLOMITE [ Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Some nice head-nodding prog riffery from Jupiter Lion

Author:  Pedrosa_4_Ever [ Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

I went to 2000Trees festival this weekend and really enjoyed the following:

The Computers (my new favourite, like Elvis on steroids!)
Public Service Broadcasting
Nordic Giants

Author:  Rachie_D [ Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:
I went to 2000Trees festival this weekend and really enjoyed the following:

The Computers (my new favourite, like Elvis on steroids!)
Public Service Broadcasting
Nordic Giants


My favourite festival I have ever been to! Absolutely lovely little site. Did you have fun? The weather was awesome this weekend too.

I'm currently catching up on what I missed at T in the Park so the family are going to have to get used to watching Biffy Clyro over and over.

Author:  Pedrosa_4_Ever [ Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Rachie_D wrote:
Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:
I went to 2000Trees festival this weekend and really enjoyed the following:

The Computers (my new favourite, like Elvis on steroids!)
Public Service Broadcasting
Nordic Giants


My favourite festival I have ever been to! Absolutely lovely little site. Did you have fun? The weather was awesome this weekend too.

I'm currently catching up on what I missed at T in the Park so the family are going to have to get used to watching Biffy Clyro over and over.

It was awesome! It was my first ever festival and I absolutely loved it. Didn't actually know too many of the bands because I mainly went along as my friend was originally going on his own but it was such a great atmosphere to soak up and I discovered some stuff that I really liked. Definitely going back next year!

Author:  Covalent [ Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

The title of this thread has bugged me for 12 pages now, but seeing as the OP hasn't posted in the forum since last year I don't think it'll be fixed anytime soon...

Author:  AngusWolfe [ Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Anyone heard the new Slash single? As a huge Alter Bridge fan, I wasn't that impressed with the first album they did as a group (Apocalyptic Love). This single, however, has me stoked for the new album. Both are called World on Fire, for those wondering.

The thread title bothers me too, but I'd forgotten about it tbh.

Author:  DOLOMITE [ Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:33 pm ]
Post subject:  What are you listening to?

Covalent wrote:
The title of this thread has bugged me for 12 pages now, but seeing as the OP hasn't posted in the forum since last year I don't think it'll be fixed anytime soon...

what if you change it in the reply?...

Author:  DOLOMITE [ Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What you listening too?

Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:
I went to 2000Trees festival this weekend and really enjoyed the following:

The Computers (my new favourite, like Elvis on steroids!)



Bit shouty and that riffing is more Status Quo than Scotty Moore, but any band that records a song called "Clap Your Hands, Say F**king Yeah!" is alright with me

Page 12 of 14 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/