planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Post subject: Re: The TV Thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:33 pm 

minchy wrote:
I've heard a few people saying that the world they created in altered carbon was good, but that's where the positives stopped! A couple of people I know who've seen it said that the script writing and acting were awful. But I usually have similar taste in TV to mac_d, so I'll give it go based to the 2 recommendations above and see how it goes.

It may seem slow after the first few episodes, but stick with it and in the end it kind of ties everything together.

Bit of eye-candy as well!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:54 pm 

Siao7 wrote:
minchy wrote:
I've heard a few people saying that the world they created in altered carbon was good, but that's where the positives stopped! A couple of people I know who've seen it said that the script writing and acting were awful. But I usually have similar taste in TV to mac_d, so I'll give it go based to the 2 recommendations above and see how it goes.

It may seem slow after the first few episodes, but stick with it and in the end it kind of ties everything together.

That description kind of sounds like how I felt with the first season of Dirk Gently. Took me until ep 7 to actually get what the show is about! Having said that, I highly recommend Dirk Gently, really enjoyed it after I finally understood it and season 2 was really enjoyable for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:34 pm 

minchy wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
minchy wrote:

That description kind of sounds like how I felt with the first season of Dirk Gently. Took me until ep 7 to actually get what the show is about! Having said that, I highly recommend Dirk Gently, really enjoyed it after I finally understood it and season 2 was really enjoyable for me.

Ok, thank you, I'll give it a go. Currently all the series I follow seem to have stopped for some reason!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:26 am 

Siao7 wrote:
minchy wrote:

Yes, Siao7 is spot on here, at least for how I felt starting out. I think I watched Ep 1,2 and maybe 3 over about 5-6 sessions but thereafter it was "can't wait for the next one" mode.

I liked the acting for the most part. I enjoyed the writing too generally. I thought most of the characters we were supposed to like were rather likeable, those we were supposed to dislike were dislikable. The plot was fairly good. The concept, I think, is really cool (Dollhouse is/was a favourite of mine and it had some similarities). A couple of the light bits of philosophy raised some interesting questions.