planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: The TV Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:44 pm 

Jezick wrote:
Well done to Laura23 on the TV show 'The Fanatics' last night. Absolutely smashed it. Replica Schumi helmet and trip to Italian GP won. Felt sorry for those other so called 'fanatics'. Well worth a watch to see a true true knowledgeable fan strut their stuff.

Is there any way to watch this online?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:28 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
Jezick wrote:
Well done to Laura23 on the TV show 'The Fanatics' last night. Absolutely smashed it. Replica Schumi helmet and trip to Italian GP won. Felt sorry for those other so called 'fanatics'. Well worth a watch to see a true true knowledgeable fan strut their stuff.

Only if you have Sky. It's one of their's.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:33 pm 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
medgar wrote:
Wow, nice work! Shall keep an eye out for a re-run.

Sky1 - Saturday 6pm

Had no idea, Ive set that rerun to record though, should be cool!

LOL, Not my usual viewing, but saw it being advertised with an F1 fan so had to watch.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:26 am 

Hi guys, thanks for the positive messages. Helmet arrived today and I'm over the moon about it! Can't wait for the Grand Prix in Italy, my first one!

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:40 am 

Laura23 wrote:
Hi guys, thanks for the positive messages. Helmet arrived today and I'm over the moon about it! Can't wait for the Grand Prix in Italy, my first one!

Haven't been able to watch it as I'm not a sky customer, but congrats on the win. Out of interest, who were the fanatics you were up against? I saw the preview for 1 show which was a right odd mix of different interests.

And is that why we haven't seen you around here for a while - too busy swatting up and too much temptation to tell everyone about it before it aired!?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:01 am 

Jezick wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Jezick wrote:

Only if you have Sky. It's one of their's.

Ok, thanks mate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:02 am 

Laura23 wrote:

Well done Laura!

Pic of the helmet?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:41 pm 

Jezick wrote:

Is anybody surprised about that? I'm not. :D Well done Laura! :thumbup:

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:53 am 

Congrats Laura! Hopefully it will turn up on youtube eventually so that those of us without Sky can see your triumph :) .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:36 pm 

I've finally found a copy of the second season of The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I'd say it's narratively the strongest offering in the entire Terminator franchise. As awesome as the first two films are, they are full of paradoxes that the show tries to correct (mostly by ignoring the first film and staying canon(ish) with Judgement Day).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:11 pm 

Series two of Broadchurch was a bit naff.

Looking at rewatching Torchwood: Children of Earth or restarting Misfits, any opinions?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:43 am 

AngusWolfe wrote:
Series two of Broadchurch was a bit naff.

Looking at rewatching Torchwood: Children of Earth or restarting Misfits, any opinions?

I never watched Misfits. Probably would be up my street actually. I find I do like a lot of e4 stuff that's homegrown rather than american tv shows they bought in. I might add it to my Netflix watch list. I mean, I'll still never watch it but I'll be happier knowing it's on a list of things I might watch if I could be arsed.

As for Torchwood, you've seen it so your opinion supersedes mine, but I thought that show as a whole was VERY hit and miss. They had some great episodes, but some balls too. I do like the 5/10 part single arcs they did with Children of Earth and Miracle Day but they ****ed up the whole thing when they reduced the whole of Torchwood to 3 people - Jack, Gwen and Ianto. I know this might sound stupid since a 5 member team isn't words apart from the 3 member team, though Ianto was basically the tea-boy. And Gwen also lacks any real special skillset. So basically they were from 3 useful members to 1. That's less a critique of CoE and more just about the choices within the show itself (be they creatively or financially motivated).

I started re-watching the old HBO series Oz. For those who haven't heard of it, it's set in a prison and features a reasonably large cash and has a pretty brutal take (which from what I've seen in documentaries is actually toned down) on reality. It's a pretty good show and I can't recall how much of it I saw at the time.

I also binged on House of Cards S3 this weekend. I kinda need to rewatch the whole thing as I am slightly struggling to remember a lot of the subtleties especially about how minor characters end S2. Was good, but I wasn't as much into it as S1 or S2.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:03 pm 

mac_d wrote:
I also binged on House of Cards S3 this weekend. I kinda need to rewatch the whole thing as I am slightly struggling to remember a lot of the subtleties especially about how minor characters end S2. Was good, but I wasn't as much into it as S1 or S2.

Season 3 of both House of Cards and The Following have floundered so far for me compared to their predecessors (but I'm only one episode into each). Loved Season 1 of each show though! Kevin Spacey is a terrific actor at just about anything.

Became massively (and I mean massively!) hooked on Breaking Bad two weeks ago when I became sick and couch-ridden. Been through 4.5 of the 5 seasons in those two weeks. LOL Really enjoy how different the major characters are. Each are so finely detailed and developed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:36 am 

Honda Quick wrote:
mac_d wrote:

Season 3 of both House of Cards and The Following have floundered so far for me compared to their predecessors (but I'm only one episode into each). Loved Season 1 of each show though! Kevin Spacey is a terrific actor at just about anything.

Became massively (and I mean massively!) hooked on Breaking Bad two weeks ago when I became sick and couch-ridden. Been through 4.5 of the 5 seasons in those two weeks. LOL Really enjoy how different the major characters are. Each are so finely detailed and developed.

The thing I find odd about Breaking Bad is that I definitely enjoyed it the first time, but I have absolutely no intention of re-watching the show. I rewatch TV shows all the time too.

House of Cards S3 I just felt lacked a little compared to S1 & S2.

Been watching "The League" on Netflix. I've been loving this show. Very, very funny show.

And watching Oz. Brutal, but damn it's an entertaining show. Some of the acting is brilliant also. A few of the people involved went into bigger things. One of the downsides of watching an older show, Edie Falco is in the show but I know The Sopranos started before this show ended so I know she'll be going at some point. I don't know which point this happens but it does mean any time her character has something big on the line, I think it might be it. Like meta-suspense I've build myself.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:36 am 

Just watched the season 2 finale of 'The 100' and quite enjoyed it. Not sure as to how the final season will play out after the build up to it at the end of the episode (a bit Beneath the Planet of the Apes going on there), but the conclusion of the season 2 story was really good - happy and tragic at the same time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:09 am 

Got about half way through the second season of the 100... Didn't hold me as much as the first season did TBH. Any point in trying to catch up?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:02 am 

I don't know other than I enjoyed it!

Don't know how far you got through and don't know if anyone is watching so don't want to give too much away, but there's a fair bit going on on the second half of the season since the winter break. It was faster moving than the first half and if you've got 8 hours to spare I'd say its worth watching.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:44 am 

The League is now one of my favourite TV shows. I finished watching the 6th season on Netflix and put the first season back on (keeping in line with my "watch something I've seen rather than something new" behaviour).

I really think that's a brilliantly written show and I hope it goes on forever. However, it's been confirmed that next season will be the last. Admittedly, I think it hit a sweet spot about S2-4 or 5 that were better than the earlier stuff or the 6th season.

Up to S5 in Oz. Pretty brutal show. I mean, I knew it was brutal but some of it has gotten really full on. Great show, though not one I think I want to re-watch - in the same way I loved Breaking Bad but I have no intention of rewatching that in the near future.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:47 pm 

Netflix finally got the rights back to show Spooks and all 10 seasons at that. I never watched it at the time, but I really think it is a fantastic show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:29 pm 

I only watched bits of Spooks, first couple of seasons were good then I missed a bunch of it and when I re-entered at S7 it'd gone right from relatively believable storylines to
Spoiler: show
defusing nukes in London. Seemed to have gone a bit OTT, wasn't really interested in going back over it at that point.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:12 pm 

medgar wrote:
I only watched bits of Spooks, first couple of seasons were good then I missed a bunch of it and when I re-entered at S7 it'd gone right from relatively believable storylines to
defusing nukes in London. Seemed to have gone a bit OTT, wasn't really interested in going back over it at that point.

I admit, starting with Season 6 the show did seem to go from being a low key spy thriller type to being an action movie spy style. I still enjoyed it when I watched it, we'll see if it holds true a second time (I have only watched the show once).

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:11 am 

I've been paying for NOW TV so I can watch Game of Thrones but to make the most of it I've been watching other stuff.

After a shaky start, I really got into Hannibal - eagerly awaiting the next series which conveniently starts in a few weeks. I found The Enfield Haunting a bit disappointing in the end after a strong first episode and I've just started on Wayward Pines which seems to have potential.

Also I'm interested to know if I'm alone in thinking this season of Game of Thrones hasn't matched the heights of previous seasons? The episodes so far have been good but they feel somewhat like filler tracks on an album - hopefully we're about to see the big single releases in the next 3 eps.

2015 - 6th

Pick 10 Podiums:
1st Place: USA 2012, Japan 2013, USA 2015
2nd Place: Bahrain 2015, Barcelona 2015
3rd Place: China 2014

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:38 am 

I thought Game of Thrones this season was fairly similar to the last one in that it had a good couple of episodes, then a load of pretty dull filler/story based ones and I'm looking forward to the last 3 as they're usually the better episodes of each season.

It's definitely a tv show that's better to watch in box set/binge watching mode.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:08 pm 

coulthards chin wrote:
I've been paying for NOW TV so I can watch Game of Thrones but to make the most of it I've been watching other stuff.

After a shaky start, I really got into Hannibal - eagerly awaiting the next series which conveniently starts in a few weeks. I found The Enfield Haunting a bit disappointing in the end after a strong first episode and I've just started on Wayward Pines which seems to have potential.

Also I'm interested to know if I'm alone in thinking this season of Game of Thrones hasn't matched the heights of previous seasons? The episodes so far have been good but they feel somewhat like filler tracks on an album - hopefully we're about to see the big single releases in the next 3 eps.

Wayward Pines is such a weird show. It started off like a Twin Peaks clone, and has evolved something else by the end of the third episode. I don't really know what to think about any of it any more (it's still really good though).
Game of Thrones is showing that the writers were adept at making screenplays out of the already writeen ASOIAF books, but they are less adept at making new storylines, which they are doing with the current series.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:42 am 

huggybear wrote:
Wayward Pines is such a weird show. It started off like a Twin Peaks clone, and has evolved something else by the end of the third episode. I don't really know what to think about any of it any more (it's still really good though).

Just seen episode 3 - as if it wasn't mysterious enough already without that ending!

I like things that mess with my head but I get the feeling it's the sort of show that will polarise opinion.

2015 - 6th

Pick 10 Podiums:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:08 pm 

Well Game of Thrones certainly picked up in the last 3 episodes. Nice to know it's pretty much up to date with the books now and I can read various theories without finding spoilers.

Another way would have been to just read the damn books since I bought them all!

I wonder how much the GoT writers are going to liaise with Martin over his plans for the next books, or if they are just going to go in a completely different direction.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:18 am 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Well Game of Thrones certainly picked up in the last 3 episodes. Nice to know it's pretty much up to date with the books now and I can read various theories without finding spoilers.

Another way would have been to just read the damn books since I bought them all!

I wonder how much the GoT writers are going to liaise with Martin over his plans for the next books, or if they are just going to go in a completely different direction.

I find it difficult to see how they can make Jon's and Cersei's storylines much different as they are pretty much exactly where they are at the end of the 5th book.

Danaerys however, could have some changes as although she ends up in the same place at the end of the book - the events in Meereen are quite different.

Sansa's plot-line is a complete change to the books already.

Whichever comes out first, the next season or the next book - one is going to spoil the other unfortunately. I'm sure there will be changes but I can't see how the central plot-lines will deviate too much. On a personal level I'd prefer the book to come first because I would find it easier to watch a TV show knowing roughly what's going to happen, than invest time in reading a 500 page book already knowing what might happen.

2015 - 6th

Pick 10 Podiums:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:06 am 

coulthards chin wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:

I find it difficult to see how they can make Jon's and Cersei's storylines much different as they are pretty much exactly where they are at the end of the 5th book.

Danaerys however, could have some changes as although she ends up in the same place at the end of the book - the events in Meereen are quite different.

Sansa's plot-line is a complete change to the books already.

Whichever comes out first, the next season or the next book - one is going to spoil the other unfortunately. I'm sure there will be changes but I can't see how the central plot-lines will deviate too much. On a personal level I'd prefer the book to come first because I would find it easier to watch a TV show knowing roughly what's going to happen, than invest time in reading a 500 page book already knowing what might happen.

Yeah I'm going read all the books now, then hopefully Wind of Winter will come out first. I think I heard it will be released before season 6. Or at around about the same time.

I suppose the biggest way they could differentiate is with Jon Snow. The most popular fan theory seems to be that Melisandre will bring him back to life. Though I'd imagine something as pivotal as that would have been discussed between Martin & the shows writers and whatever the outcome it will likely be the same in both.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:45 pm 

Planning on watching a silly amount of Arrow and Flash in the coming weeks. I like to be able to binge my way through a season. S1 and S2 of Arrow both really built up to a huge finale and I hope that continues in S3.

Rewatched most of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Charisma Carpenter as a 16 year old is almost hilarious. She is a beautiful woman, but I don't think 16 year olds look like that. S2 is the best season, which I've thought for years. I also think they should have ended it after S5. And the Angel-Buffy romance gets rather creepy when it's 200+ year old Angel falling in love with the 15 year old Buffy. Great show still.

Finished Orange is the New Black S3. I somewhat dislike prison shows that make out like we should feel sorry for these people being behind bars and I think S3 ended very much on that note. These people are criminals after all. I'm not a guy who thinks that life in prison should be like Oz, but Oitnb makes prison life out to be not that bad really for the most part.

Also, when is Dr Who going to be back on. Feels like it usually finishes about this time of the year, yet we've had none since Christmas. I do find the show pretty hit and miss for me, but I liked Capaldi so far and I do think the Christmas episode 2014 was one of the better Christmas episodes in recent years. They got a bit too Christmassy for a while, rather than being Dr Who with a flavour of Christmas. I also thought Missy was a real breath of fresh air and her portrayal was a bit more evil-evil than Simms crazy-evil which is nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:34 am 

Regarding OitnB, I agree a little bit about making a prison show that doesn't make prison look too bad, but you have to remember that it's a minimum security prison and some of the characters are inside for 6-12 months for something that would have given someone in the UK a slap on the wrist or a bit of community service. So not raging criminals really.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 pm 

minchy wrote:
Regarding OitnB, I agree a little bit about making a prison show that doesn't make prison look too bad, but you have to remember that it's a minimum security prison and some of the characters are inside for 6-12 months for something that would have given someone in the UK a slap on the wrist or a bit of community service. So not raging criminals really.

My issue is that Oitnb seems to think we should feel sorry for all these people though. I feel this recurs constantly (and even extends to some of the staff). I get prison probably isn't nice but these people did commit crimes and the being told to feel sorry for them thing grates me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:35 pm 

mac_d wrote:
minchy wrote:

My issue is that Oitnb seems to think we should feel sorry for all these people though. I feel this recurs constantly (and even extends to some of the staff). I get prison probably isn't nice but these people did commit crimes and the being told to feel sorry for them thing grates me.

I worked as a prison officer for a year before I could no longer bare it. Something said during training that I'll paraphrase was along the lines of "Being sent to prison is the punishment, the stay and duration is the rehabilitation".
That said, I couldn't watch OITNB either, nothing to do with characters, just the fact that I know how wrongly depicted everything is. I imagine many workers feel the same when they see their job on TV.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:02 am 

Arrow Season 3.

Wow. I thought that was potentially the best season yet, though I do think that all 3 seasons have been exceptionally good TV. Downside of watching all of Arrow S3 rather than watching Arrow and Flash in order together - I think I've just had a solid look at where Flash will go in S1. A bit like knowing how some things in Angel played out because I'd seen all of Buffy the Vampire Slayer before watching Angel.

I'll spoiler the rest of my thoughts and these will probably cover S1,2 and 3 of Arrow. I know a few others in the thread watch Arrow and I'm not sure how many people have seen it, and the blu-rays aren't out yet etc.
Pretty damned good stuff. Really built to a head rather quickly. The Hong Kong story wasn't quite as strong as the Island-Fyers or Island-Mirakuru stories though. The appearance of (not)Shado was quite nice too. Was surprised to see Sara die and more surprised by the fact they managed to turn Laurel into Black Canary in a way I actually liked. I had been quite happy to see see wasn't Black Canary (or Canary at least) in S2. Would have liked Roy Harper, especially under the name of Arsenal (I really liked Arsenal in the comics) to have stuck around more. His "death" episode was great as I fell for that hook, line and sinker. Like Thea becoming Speedy/Red Arrow and getting on the team. Palmer is a bit of an interesting one. I'm assuming he isn't getting his own show, but do feel he made a good addition to Arrow. Did really enjoy the thought of Arrow, Diggle, Red Arrow, Black Canary, The Atom, Nyssa and Malcolm all in a team up. That's a pretty bad donkey cast right there. I like the fact they brought in some new faces and made it really feel more like a proper unit.

League handled really well I thought. Still unsure why they switch between Ra's and Raysh so much. I get that Raysh is likely the proper pronounciation and Ra's is probably how an English speaker would read it. I thought at first it might be split by those who were League affiliated and those who weren't but that didn't much seem to happen.

Glad Deadshot got a good end - I wonder if they had to kill him because of a certain movie production we are going to see in a few years. Can't help but think it's a part. But then Flash is going to be on at the same times as the movie Flash will be appearing (assuming the show continues etc) so who knows. The Deadshot and Suicide Squad stuff was done really well I thought, and I'd have liked to have kept it going a bit longer, at least until Diggle's brother's death story line was cleared up.

Flash handled really well. If anything, they were willing to show that Flash has one of the most useful powers but made sure not to let him overshadow the Arrow cast. I like that they did this.

The show ended somewhat as if it was going to end entirely though, or as if Amell won't be back. I really hope this isn't the rest of the cast without Amell and I also hope this isn't heading toward only Amell staying on in a new city. I expect S4 Ep 1 or 2 will close with some sh*t going down and Ollie having to return. But we'll see. I'd be really surprised if they went with the option to really shake up the status quo, though that wouldn't necessarily be awful.

All 3 seasons have done a great job of building to a huge climax over the last few episodes. This was no different. Brilliant stuff, and I now have to wait about another year to see how the next lot turns out.

I'd rate them 3,2,1 in order of how good they were. But the difference isn't so great between them. Hope 4 continues the trend we've seen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:56 am 

mac_d wrote:
Arrow Season 3.

Wow. I thought that was potentially the best season yet, though I do think that all 3 seasons have been exceptionally good TV. Downside of watching all of Arrow S3 rather than watching Arrow and Flash in order together - I think I've just had a solid look at where Flash will go in S1. A bit like knowing how some things in Angel played out because I'd seen all of Buffy the Vampire Slayer before watching Angel.

I'll spoiler the rest of my thoughts and these will probably cover S1,2 and 3 of Arrow. I know a few others in the thread watch Arrow and I'm not sure how many people have seen it, and the blu-rays aren't out yet etc.
Pretty damned good stuff. Really built to a head rather quickly. The Hong Kong story wasn't quite as strong as the Island-Fyers or Island-Mirakuru stories though. The appearance of (not)Shado was quite nice too. Was surprised to see Sara die and more surprised by the fact they managed to turn Laurel into Black Canary in a way I actually liked. I had been quite happy to see see wasn't Black Canary (or Canary at least) in S2. Would have liked Roy Harper, especially under the name of Arsenal (I really liked Arsenal in the comics) to have stuck around more. His "death" episode was great as I fell for that hook, line and sinker. Like Thea becoming Speedy/Red Arrow and getting on the team. Palmer is a bit of an interesting one. I'm assuming he isn't getting his own show, but do feel he made a good addition to Arrow. Did really enjoy the thought of Arrow, Diggle, Red Arrow, Black Canary, The Atom, Nyssa and Malcolm all in a team up. That's a pretty bad donkey cast right there. I like the fact they brought in some new faces and made it really feel more like a proper unit.

League handled really well I thought. Still unsure why they switch between Ra's and Raysh so much. I get that Raysh is likely the proper pronounciation and Ra's is probably how an English speaker would read it. I thought at first it might be split by those who were League affiliated and those who weren't but that didn't much seem to happen.

Glad Deadshot got a good end - I wonder if they had to kill him because of a certain movie production we are going to see in a few years. Can't help but think it's a part. But then Flash is going to be on at the same times as the movie Flash will be appearing (assuming the show continues etc) so who knows. The Deadshot and Suicide Squad stuff was done really well I thought, and I'd have liked to have kept it going a bit longer, at least until Diggle's brother's death story line was cleared up.

Flash handled really well. If anything, they were willing to show that Flash has one of the most useful powers but made sure not to let him overshadow the Arrow cast. I like that they did this.

The show ended somewhat as if it was going to end entirely though, or as if Amell won't be back. I really hope this isn't the rest of the cast without Amell and I also hope this isn't heading toward only Amell staying on in a new city. I expect S4 Ep 1 or 2 will close with some sh*t going down and Ollie having to return. But we'll see. I'd be really surprised if they went with the option to really shake up the status quo, though that wouldn't necessarily be awful.

All 3 seasons have done a great job of building to a huge climax over the last few episodes. This was no different. Brilliant stuff, and I now have to wait about another year to see how the next lot turns out.

I'd rate them 3,2,1 in order of how good they were. But the difference isn't so great between them. Hope 4 continues the trend we've seen.

I really like both of the series. But I kept thinking that a lot of the battles of Arrow could have easily been won if the Flash was there more often. Can't remember now which episode exactly triggered this thought...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:40 pm 

Those who liked Arrow and Flash watch
Marvels Dare Devil I saw it on Netflix it's brilliant .
It's darker and grittier not for the faint hearted.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:36 pm 

Qiwater wrote:

Do you, or anyone else, have an opinion of Gotham? Also, comic book inspired movies and TV are huge at the moment. I'm still expecting the whole bubble to burst at some time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:50 pm 

mac_d wrote:
Qiwater wrote:

Do you, or anyone else, have an opinion of Gotham? Also, comic book inspired movies and TV are huge at the moment. I'm still expecting the whole bubble to burst at some time.

Gotham is a big slice of meh. They tried to make it about Jim Gordon's life as a Gotham PD detective. Which just happens to have teenage versions of all the major Batman characters floating around.
To their credit, the younger actors are absolutely knocking their performances out of the park, but the adults on the show (except Sean Pertwee as Alfred and Donal Logue as Bullock), are absolutely awful, and the majority of the series focuses on their by the numbers crime solving. There are even 2 episodes that focus on Jim's dating predicament of choosing between the beautiful but crazy Leslie Thompkins, and the beautiful but crazy Barbara Kean-Gordon.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:54 pm 

huggybear wrote:
mac_d wrote:
Qiwater wrote:

Gotham is a big slice of meh. They tried to make it about Jim Gordon's life as a Gotham PD detective. Which just happens to have teenage versions of all the major Batman characters floating around.
To their credit, the younger actors are absolutely knocking their performances out of the park, but the adults on the show (except Sean Pertwee as Alfred and Donal Logue as Bullock), are absolutely awful, and the majority of the series focuses on their by the numbers crime solving. There are even 2 episodes that focus on Jim's dating predicament of choosing between the beautiful but crazy Leslie Thompkins, and the beautiful but crazy Barbara Kean-Gordon.

Oh I liked Gotham .. I liked the way it was shot in the style of the DC comics , I liked the characters of
Young Batman Catwoman Riddler and Penguin was brilliant.
It was grown up and got better as it went along .

I enjoyed season one of Marvel Agents of Sheild too .

But if you haven't already, watch DareDevil and tell me what you think I think it's the best of all so far.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:27 pm 

RE: Doctor Who

Back in mid September.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:17 pm 

Qiwater wrote:

But if you haven't already, watch DareDevil and tell me what you think I think it's the best of all so far.

I got about halfway through the season before I gave up. It's good, but it's more like a mini-series than the others, so isn't something you can just watch one episode of because the plot isn't episodic. I'll get around to watching it at some point this summer, but I'm not desperate to get back into it.

Unrelated, but I'm really into Community after Netflix suggested it after watching Kimmy Schmidt. Binge watching it like an addict.