planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:02 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules





Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:22 am
Posts: 3859
I'm far from a Chris Evans fan as I didn't like his TV and radio shows - I didn't find him funny, just annoying.

But the success of TG boiled down (IMO) to the chemistry between the 3 presenters - separately they were annoying, but together they 'worked'.

Even so, much as I liked TG it was becoming far too scripted and formulaic - so it will be interesting to see whether the new presenters are able to form the same chemistry and refresh the show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 3384
stratos wrote:
Evans said on the One Show he would be holding pretty much open auditions for co-presenters.

I might apply to be the Stig - see if I can retain anonymity better on TV than on a forum :lol:

_________________
AlienTurnedHuman wrote:
Eurytus probably thought he was God. At least until he was banned. Which means if he was God, it makes me very scared of PF1-Mod.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:39 pm
Posts: 3104
mikeyg123 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
I didn't really want the new hosts to be celebrities TBH.

Clarksson, May and Hammond were all motoring journalists and not famous before joining Top Gear. I would much rather they had gone down that route again. Any famous choice for host will already have baggage and may be cautious, not wanting to be controversial and spoil their reputation.

Clarkson was a celebrity when modern Top Gear began. He'd done a talk show and had numerous DVDs, the stunts of which were all repeated on modern Top Gear. Modern Top Gear was basically his talk show and his DVDs combined into an hour long TV show.

Hammond and May were not complete nobodies when they started either. In fact, James May was touted to replace Clarkson when he left original TOp Gear. I suspect that anyone else brought into the show will be a much smaller fish than Evans, although probably not a complete nobody because the show is so much bigger than it was in 2003.


But Clarkson was unknown when he first joined Top Gear.

May and Hammond had both done very little TV work before Top Gear. May was a well renowned motoring journalist and Hammond was plugging away doing little bits on Man and Motors.

I believe both had applied for the Top Gear job previously in the late 90s.

Old Top Gear is not new Top Gear. Other than the name and the fact they are about cars the two shows share nothing, and we would not be getting the reaction if PunchGate had happened on old Top Gear. Saying that Clarkson was unknown when he started doing Top Gear back in the 1980s is just being pedantic and not a like for like comparision.

The formula for the reboot Top Gear started as things were in 2002. And Clarkson was a well known celebrity back then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 13580
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
I didn't really want the new hosts to be celebrities TBH.

Clarksson, May and Hammond were all motoring journalists and not famous before joining Top Gear. I would much rather they had gone down that route again. Any famous choice for host will already have baggage and may be cautious, not wanting to be controversial and spoil their reputation.

Clarkson was a celebrity when modern Top Gear began. He'd done a talk show and had numerous DVDs, the stunts of which were all repeated on modern Top Gear. Modern Top Gear was basically his talk show and his DVDs combined into an hour long TV show.

Hammond and May were not complete nobodies when they started either. In fact, James May was touted to replace Clarkson when he left original TOp Gear. I suspect that anyone else brought into the show will be a much smaller fish than Evans, although probably not a complete nobody because the show is so much bigger than it was in 2003.


But Clarkson was unknown when he first joined Top Gear.

May and Hammond had both done very little TV work before Top Gear. May was a well renowned motoring journalist and Hammond was plugging away doing little bits on Man and Motors.

I believe both had applied for the Top Gear job previously in the late 90s.

Old Top Gear is not new Top Gear. Other than the name and the fact they are about cars the two shows share nothing, and we would not be getting the reaction if PunchGate had happened on old Top Gear. Saying that Clarkson was unknown when he started doing Top Gear back in the 1980s is just being pedantic and not a like for like comparision.

The formula for the reboot Top Gear started as things were in 2002. And Clarkson was a well known celebrity back then.


Fair enough, I don't actually dislike Chris Evans.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:38 am
Posts: 191
mikeyg123 wrote:
I didn't really want the new hosts to be celebrities TBH.

Clarksson, May and Hammond were all motoring journalists and not famous before joining Top Gear. I would much rather they had gone down that route again. Any famous choice for host will already have baggage and may be cautious, not wanting to be controversial and spoil their reputation.


I agree. Whilst I haven't got anything against Chris Evans, all of his shows seem to follow a similar formula and so it's not difficult to imagine what his version of Top Gear will be like. Although he will probably generate good ideas and is clearly determined to make a good show, I feel like it was just the safest option as he seems to be the BBCs blue-eyed boy at the moment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:23 pm
Posts: 319
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Old Top Gear is not new Top Gear. Other than the name and the fact they are about cars the two shows share nothing, and we would not be getting the reaction if PunchGate had happened on old Top Gear. Saying that Clarkson was unknown when he started doing Top Gear back in the 1980s is just being pedantic and not a like for like comparision.

The formula for the reboot Top Gear started as things were in 2002. And Clarkson was a well known celebrity back then.

I wouldn't say nothing Clarkson, May, Wilman, a theme tune to name just some of the things they share.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:08 pm
Posts: 1212
Anyone else think the last episode was a bit strange and awkward?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5172
Biffa wrote:
Anyone else think the last episode was a bit strange and awkward?

It was, wasn't it? A bit sad at the end when without Jeremy they were basically saying thank you for watching for the past 10+ years and then having no outro music during the credits.

I did enjoy the second segment though, classic Top Gear.

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:39 pm
Posts: 3104
There are rumours that Jenson Button is going to be a host with an announcement expected 'soon':
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... icn=puff-7


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5172
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
There are rumours that Jenson Button is going to be a host with an announcement expected 'soon':
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... icn=puff-7

The thing that really struck me from that article is please not Dermot O'Leary or David Beckham!

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:40 pm
Posts: 6611
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have been signed up by Amazon for a new motoring show to rival the BBC’s Top Gear.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/j ... are_btn_tw


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
Too bad, I was hoping for Netflix. I already have a Netflix account and I'm definitely not about to sign up to two or more streaming services. It's not that I can't afford it but I'm not signing up for one show only - where does it end then?

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:48 pm
Posts: 1321
mds wrote:
Too bad, I was hoping for Netflix. I already have a Netflix account and I'm definitely not about to sign up to two or more streaming services. It's not that I can't afford it but I'm not signing up for one show only - where does it end then?

Maybe they will sell it on to other broadcasters. I'm not familiar with Amazon's business model for this area, but it was reputedly the BBC's most sold production, perhaps it will be sold to terrestrial networks after a few months.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 pm
Posts: 3796
It may bring people to Amazon Prime though. I imagine they outbid Netflix because they don't need the show, while Amazon does.

_________________
IV
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 7753
Good to hear that Calrkson, May and Hammond will film their new show.

About the BBC show, I hope they will alter the formula of Top Gear, otherwise the original Top Gear will become another Top Gear clone and nobody will watch it.

_________________
eeee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:39 pm
Posts: 3104
The new Amazon series has a budget of £160 million for 36 episodes, £4.5 million per episode.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 44856.html

So, this week's cheap car challenge, we are tasked into turning three Bugatti Veyrons into flying hot air balloon campervans.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5172
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
The new Amazon series has a budget of £160 million for 36 episodes, £4.5 million per episode.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 44856.html

So, this week's cheap car challenge, we are tasked into turning three Bugatti Veyrons into flying hot air balloon campervans.

I wonder how much the BBC put into each episode? Guess it depends mainly on wages, insurance and travel. But that's a lot of money for a 60min episode.

Makes you wonder as well how much they get for selling their new show to tv around the world and if the BBC were getting enough for what they were charging?

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:48 pm
Posts: 1321
I did a quick search earlier, around£500k was the only number that I found. I need some context to know if that is a lot of money or not. Does the Amazon number include the presenters and producers wages and startup costs for example.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 7753
minchy wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
The new Amazon series has a budget of £160 million for 36 episodes, £4.5 million per episode.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 44856.html

So, this week's cheap car challenge, we are tasked into turning three Bugatti Veyrons into flying hot air balloon campervans.

I wonder how much the BBC put into each episode? Guess it depends mainly on wages, insurance and travel. But that's a lot of money for a 60min episode.

Makes you wonder as well how much they get for selling their new show to tv around the world and if the BBC were getting enough for what they were charging?

It's Amazon, so they probably won't make any profit.

_________________
eeee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
mds wrote:
I would give it a chance.
Replace him with whoever is deemed to be the best man for the job. I chose a famous motoring journalist, but it might as well be a celebrity or any other petrolhead.

For example, I could see someone like Chris Harris doing this.


Called it!

British media are reporting Schmitz and Harris as co-presenters.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 7753
mds wrote:
mds wrote:
I would give it a chance.
Replace him with whoever is deemed to be the best man for the job. I chose a famous motoring journalist, but it might as well be a celebrity or any other petrolhead.

For example, I could see someone like Chris Harris doing this.


Called it!

British media are reporting Schmitz and Harris as co-presenters.

Congratulations. :)

Can I ask more questions about the future?

_________________
eeee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:08 pm
Posts: 1212
Matt Leblanc? Co-presenter

Never saw that coming


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm
Posts: 3610
I am very happy. This could be a masterful idea. I've seen him interviewed a few times recently and he's got a fun personality.

There is no point trying to hire people that are carbon copies of the previous three presenters. It is sounding fresh and interesting.

Of course there will be people moaning before it has actually been given a chance, but I'm hopeful.

_________________
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. [Lord Acton]
My own Google Earth Motor Sport file. http://www.mediafire.com/?jzm1ieatytv
Follow me @asphalt_world


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 4189
Wow, the BBC coverage page for this seems to make out like people hate the idea? Or at least that it is on the whole unpopular?

I'm not particularly in favour of keeping TG, but the two guys announced so far seem pretty good. Le Blanc knows his cars as far as I know, he's a reasonably charming guy and given this is a show the BBC sells, he is a reasonably big name - even if it has been over a decade since Friends. As ever, I'll wait and see but I'm thinking this seems at least on the positive side of things.

I assume there will be a 3rd host announced at some time. Maybe they'll try to distance themselves from the popular TG recent format and not go with 3.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:08 pm
Posts: 1212
mac_d wrote:
Wow, the BBC coverage page for this seems to make out like people hate the idea? Or at least that it is on the whole unpopular?

I'm not particularly in favour of keeping TG, but the two guys announced so far seem pretty good. Le Blanc knows his cars as far as I know, he's a reasonably charming guy and given this is a show the BBC sells, he is a reasonably big name - even if it has been over a decade since Friends. As ever, I'll wait and see but I'm thinking this seems at least on the positive side of things.

I assume there will be a 3rd host announced at some time. Maybe they'll try to distance themselves from the popular TG recent format and not go with 3.


Yes it's surprising there is still so much strong feeling about this.

I guess for a lot of folk absolutely no presenter would measure up by virtue of the fact it’s not Clarkson. They are obviously still thinking in terms of the new team being a replacement for the beloved three amigos rather than being something completely new and different.

As a Clarkson/TG fan who finds Evans mildly irritating I do actually think Matt Leblanc is an excellent choice, he has good petrolhead credentials, I think his slightly childish and un-PC sense of humour will play well to Clarkson fans, plus he’s one of these guys that’s difficult not to like.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
dizlexik wrote:
mds wrote:
mds wrote:
I would give it a chance.
Replace him with whoever is deemed to be the best man for the job. I chose a famous motoring journalist, but it might as well be a celebrity or any other petrolhead.

For example, I could see someone like Chris Harris doing this.


Called it!

British media are reporting Schmitz and Harris as co-presenters.

Congratulations. :)

Can I ask more questions about the future?


Never mind, seems like I wasn't so clairvoyant :)

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:36 pm
Posts: 2314
I am actually quite interested to see the new LeBlanc / Evans Top Gear. I stopped watching TG a few years back as the whole thing got very contrived and despite attempts to appear otherwise VERY 'scripted'.

_________________
Shoot999: "And anyone who puts a Y on the end of his name as a nickname should be punched in the face repeatedly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:08 pm
Posts: 1212
I'm hearing on the news EJ as third presenter 8O


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm
Posts: 3610
I'd pick Helen Skelton. Real adventure girl and seems to have a fun personality.

_________________
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. [Lord Acton]
My own Google Earth Motor Sport file. http://www.mediafire.com/?jzm1ieatytv
Follow me @asphalt_world


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7117
http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gea ... presenters

Full lineup:
- Chris Evans
- Matt LeBlanc
- Eddie Jordan
- Sabine Schmitz
- Chris Harris
- Rory Reid


Very interesting having so many people involved, I wonder if there will still be 3 "core" presenters: Evans, LeBlanc and (?)?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:46 pm
Posts: 840
Confirmed that Eddie Jordan is in the new team for Top Gear. http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-full- ... led-2016-2

That's put the tin hat on it for me, I'm sorry but I can't watch Evans and EJ together on the screen and certainly not talking about cars. A pity, some of the other players in the line up look okay. Sabine Schmidt is undoubtedly the best option to fill the obligatory, politically correct female slot, she can actually drive a car without squealing like she's seen a mouse.


.

_________________
Me Like - Button, Hamilton, Webber, Rosberg
Over rated, over paid - Räikkönen, Alonso, Vettel. Schumacher
Disappointing - Massa, Kobayashi
I may be wrong about - Alonso


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
Well, neither Hammond, May or Clarkson are particularly fantastic drivers with racing backgrounds, so I'm not sure that's a valid argument.
People are jumping the gun about the new TG. Just wait it out and see what happens.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 7753
mds wrote:
Well, neither Hammond, May or Clarkson are particularly fantastic drivers with racing backgrounds, so I'm not sure that's a valid argument.
People are jumping the gun about the new TG. Just wait it out and see what happens.

I think BBC is trying to make it different than it was during Clarkson era, so it's difficult to say whether someone with serious racing skills is good fit or not. I hope both Amazon and BBC shows are good.

_________________
eeee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 9822
Location: Travelling around the world
I got so bored with Top Gear

"This week we drove our caravans up a volcano in Indonesia and May, the plonker, reversed his into the crater!"

I'm looking forward to the shake-up to be honest

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost



FA#14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
dizlexik wrote:
mds wrote:
Well, neither Hammond, May or Clarkson are particularly fantastic drivers with racing backgrounds, so I'm not sure that's a valid argument.
People are jumping the gun about the new TG. Just wait it out and see what happens.

I think BBC is trying to make it different than it was during Clarkson era, so it's difficult to say whether someone with serious racing skills is good fit or not. I hope both Amazon and BBC shows are good.


Same here. The more quality shows, the better.

With the full cast now announced, Harris and Schmitz are in as well. That's a good variety of people, most of which I actually like. So why not give it a chance then.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:22 am
Posts: 1845
Location: Brisbane, Australia
From an international point of view I think this new top gear is doomed to fail, and mostly because of their new team. Which is bad news for the BBC as it was the most watched show in the world and their major cash cow.

I would describe the team as lacklustre at best. Apparently there are 7 now? The fact that Joey is the major draw card now says it all really, I mean I loved friends!... But I'm not going to tune in every week and watch him talk about cars. I obviously know who Sabine Schmitz, but that's about it. Same goes for Eddie Jordan, clearly know him, but still couldn't care less.

As for the rest I have never heard of Chris Evans before (I actually had to look up "new top gear" just to remember his name) and the first article I find is criticising the BBC for choosing someone who is a complete unknown outside the UK. That's an understatement. Then there is some YouTube guy and a tech gadget journalists? No idea what their names are.

Nah, I think I'll just follow the trio to their new home.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Podiums: 1st Spa '16, 1st Bahrain '15, 1st China '14, 1st Malaysia '14
Championship position 2014: 13th | | 2015: 10th (heading the right way)
PF1 Autosport GP Predictor 2014: Second 2015: Second


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
Blackhander wrote:
From an international point of view I think this new top gear is doomed to fail, and mostly because of their new team. Which is bad news for the BBC as it was the most watched show in the world and their major cash cow.

I would describe the team as lacklustre at best. Apparently there are 7 now? The fact that Joey is the major draw card now says it all really, I mean I loved friends!... But I'm not going to tune in every week and watch him talk about cars. I obviously know who Sabine Schmitz, but that's about it. Same goes for Eddie Jordan, clearly know him, but still couldn't care less.

As for the rest I have never heard of Chris Evans before (I actually had to look up "new top gear" just to remember his name) and the first article I find is criticising the BBC for choosing someone who is a complete unknown outside the UK. That's an understatement. Then there is some YouTube guy and a tech gadget journalists? No idea what their names are.


I'd say they are, internationally and among car-enthusiasts, better known than Clarkson, May and Hammond were when Top Gear started. That didn't stop the show from becoming huge.
Chris Harris is not "some YouTube" guy, he is well-known in car enthusiast circles and not just in the UK. Same for Schmitz. Leblanc is an out-and-out car enthousiast, why would he be worse than the trio?

The more I think of it, the more I believe this is a great cast. Of course a lot depends on how they are casted - for that we will have to wait.

Quote:
Nah, I think I'll just follow the trio to their new home.


Why wouldn't you just give it a chance? I don't get this thinking.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 7753
mds wrote:
Quote:
Nah, I think I'll just follow the trio to their new home.


Why wouldn't you just give it a chance? I don't get this thinking.

I also don't get it. Personally I don't have high hopes, but I will certainly give the new BBC show a chance.

_________________
eeee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:22 am
Posts: 1845
Location: Brisbane, Australia
I will probably still watch it whenever I get the chance, I've just got no real excitement to do so. Always looked forward to top gear this time of year too (sure less the last couple of years when it was becoming more and more scripted and skit like, but still looked forward to it as a bit of fun). Just looked them up (the ones I don't know) and yeah Chris Harris seems a good fit and well embedded in the industry (still have no idea who he is though)

Rory someone and a DJ... Yeah, Nah I tried but I just can't get excited about it. I'll give it a go, but it's not selling itself to me. Now "old top gear" with the might of Amazon behind it! Say no more! I'm in! Don't care how silly it is, I'm looking forward to wasting a couple of hours on a Monday night chuckling away at childish shenanigans.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Podiums: 1st Spa '16, 1st Bahrain '15, 1st China '14, 1st Malaysia '14
Championship position 2014: 13th | | 2015: 10th (heading the right way)
PF1 Autosport GP Predictor 2014: Second 2015: Second


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 11411
Blackhander wrote:
Now "old top gear" with the might of Amazon behind it! Say no more! I'm in!


I would be if I knew how to watch it, what with Amazon Prime and all. And you're talking about the other show threatening to become an international failure? ;)

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group