planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:11 pm 

Tufty wrote:
How many of those are relevant to the thread title?

number 2) affects aero rules too.
number 1) needs to be included also as a consequence of 2) for safety.
number 3) affects the way cars need to be designed including aero.
number 2) affects the way races are held and car performance differences between teams. Something needs to be done to produce better racing. Hence numbers 4) and 5).
number 6) comes from number 2).
Tufty wrote:
And why have you not given in on your reverse-WDC grids when you were almost universally shouted down at least 4 years ago, last time I saw you here?

Because it is the only way I can see a solution to ALL F1 problems that us the fans complain over and over again but the solutins that are given by BE and company keep on generating more and more problems.

I do no harm in doing so, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:09 pm 

Yet again he comes back with reverse grids and totally ignores two things.

1, The vast majority of people on this forum in the last God knows how many years don't want them.

2. There are lots of other racing series that provide excellent racing with lots of passing including on circuits used by F1 without the need for reverse grids. Even the Hungaroring is a fantastic circuit to watch some cars race.....

Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:00 am 

POBRatings wrote:
I would like to remove all wings.
Partly to prevent those dodgem-car, front-wing blades-cum-nerf-bars from ruining so many races.
To make following/overtaking easier
And cars better-looking

I realise this is dreamland though.

This, make all cars look like this & rely on the tyres & mechanical grip to get them round the twisty bits. Let them use whatever engine the want a 5000cc V16 with 2000 BHP & let the driver get on with controlling it.

http://wolfsgamingblog.files.wordpress. ... jpg?w=1000

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:01 am 

readonly wrote:
Because it is the only way I can see a solution to ALL F1 problems that us the fans complain over and over again but the solutins that are given by BE and company keep on generating more and more problems.

Allow me to point one monumental flaw out in your plan here. 3 words.

Scuderia. Toro. Rosso.

If they are in front of the title challengers, McLaren and Ferrari will be held up infinitely while the Red Bulls will be given free reign to overtake. The same stands for Sauber and Ferrari, and Force India/McLaren. It's just not viable.

Again, the crux of your post is not in keeping with the thread title. Feel free to continue this debate via PM, however.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:08 pm 

Asphalt_World wrote:

1, The vast majority of people on this forum in the last God knows how many years don't want them.

2. There are lots of other racing series that provide excellent racing with lots of passing including on circuits used by F1 without the need for reverse grids. Even the Hungaroring is a fantastic circuit to watch some cars race.....

1) I thought this forum was for discussion.
2) I thought this forum was for discussion of F1 racing.

Greetings Asphalt.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:27 pm 

Tufty wrote:
readonly wrote:

Allow me to point one monumental flaw out in your plan here. 3 words.

Scuderia. Toro. Rosso.

If they are in front of the title challengers, McLaren and Ferrari will be held up infinitely while the Red Bulls will be given free reign to overtake. The same stands for Sauber and Ferrari, and Force India/McLaren. It's just not viable.

Right, they can try that. But you might have thought already that...
a) This battle would be very interesting to watch.
b) Blocking the Mclarens and Ferrari would not benefit the RedBulls. Perhaps once but the next time it would block them all, for obvious reasons.
c) Two Ferraris and two Mclarens behind two Toro Rossos being able to hold them behind is too embarassing for the big names. They would surely do something to stop it and be able to pass them.
d) the current "solution" to overtaking (DRS) makes it possible to pass them easily.
Tufty wrote:
Again, the crux of your post is not in keeping with the thread title. Feel free to continue this debate via PM, however.

Wouldn't you prefer a separate thread?

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:01 pm 

This thread is about aero regulations. Grid layouts have nothing to do with this. The moderators may have changed since your last crusade on this idea, readonly, but the rules of In-Depth are much the same as ever.

Threads here are moderated as official threads, meaning hijacks are even less acceptable than elsewhere. Might I advise we cease this hijack before we have to get properly involved?

I do regret needing to post here, we've avoided intervention since setting this section up in July last year. What's even more of a shame is that the culprit was rather too predictable.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 pm 

readonly wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

1) I thought this forum was for discussion.
2) I thought this forum was for discussion of F1 racing.

Greetings Asphalt.

Of course but reverse grids have been done to death numerous times and not just with you making the case for them. I just pointed out in simple terms why it's not needed and in fact is not wanted by the majority of F1 fans.

Last edited by Asphalt_World on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:45 am 

did you not see what the Mod has written or are you just trolling?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:36 am 

M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
did you not see what the Mod has written or are you just trolling?

Yeah I'm a big troll. Alternatively I was just replying to someone.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:58 am 

i know, that's what i was saying. it's so stupid. but i like the idea of Drivers getting only a few uses of the DRS per-race.[/quote]

Ferrari has been experimenting with this concept using Alonso's car
(DRS that can only be reset utilizing a pit stop )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:20 am 

Flat floor , no diffuser of any kind, tiny wings, much higher minimum ground clearance [ like 6 inches]