planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Project C.A.R.S.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:45 pm 

I haven't used either game with a controller I've been using a Thrustmaster TX wheel. I've turned down the force feedback a lot as it's brutal on Project Cars and on Forza 6, is much improved over 5. This is purely to increase the life expectancy of the wheel!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:07 pm 

The one thing that I feel is missing from this game is modifications. And yes I know, it's a simulator, and it's great at that, definitely the best racing game on console by a country mile... But I do miss being able to drop an AWD drivetrain and a dirty big supercharger into a porsche 917 as well as weight reductions and all the crazy little upgrades in forza. I guess my time playing RPG games gives me more feeling of reward upgrading a car to have more performance than simply using a higher preforming car.

PF1 Autosport GP Predictor 2014: Second 2015: Second

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:38 pm 

scouseknight wrote:
I haven't used either game with a controller I've been using a Thrustmaster TX wheel. I've turned down the force feedback a lot as it's brutal on Project Cars and on Forza 6, is much improved over 5. This is purely to increase the life expectancy of the wheel!

I still can't justify the expense of buying another decent wheel for the one after using the wheel I got for the 360 so little. I just don't have the space to keep it set up and it's a pain in the pickle moving all the tables etc around to use it for an hour or two every few days.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:50 pm 

minchy wrote:
scouseknight wrote:

I still can't justify the expense of buying another decent wheel for the one after using the wheel I got for the 360 so little. I just don't have the space to keep it set up and it's a pain in the pickle moving all the tables etc around to use it for an hour or two every few days.

I hear you even a basic setup with a decent wheel is still mega expensive - I was lucky I had a Wheelstand Pro already which is a great help means I can keep the wheel mounted and ready and just slide it away somewhere when I am not using it - still not ideal though as my chair is an office chair on wheels - sometimes the chair wheels back when I am braking!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:38 pm 

In less depressing news I tried out Calif. highway in an RB11 and did well. Qualified 4th and finished 6th.

1 Podium
The sun was glaring; I could not see the flag.
#ForzaJules
#KeepFightingMichael

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:05 pm 

Schumaker, Seven wrote:
In less depressing news I tried out Calif. highway in an RB11 and did well. Qualified 4th and finished 6th.

Guess the hurricane hadn't hit California yet ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:01 pm 

Turn 1 in the RB11 at Laguna Seca-" I've got lockup!"
Turn 2-"I've got lockup!"
Turn 3-"I've got lockup!"
Corkscrew-"I've got lock-"
"You're in the barriers..."

1 Podium
The sun was glaring; I could not see the flag.
#ForzaJules
#KeepFightingMichael

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:45 pm 

scouseknight wrote:
minchy wrote:
scouseknight wrote:

I hear you even a basic setup with a decent wheel is still mega expensive - I was lucky I had a Wheelstand Pro already which is a great help means I can keep the wheel mounted and ready and just slide it away somewhere when I am not using it - still not ideal though as my chair is an office chair on wheels - sometimes the chair wheels back when I am braking!

For the playstation, I got a super bargain, driving Force GT which is a decent wheel, for 80€, and it will end up being compatible with Ps4 aswell for sure!
Wheelstand? Just do your own, homemade... no need for an expensive one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:32 am 

Schumaker, Seven wrote:

Me: missing my braking point and rear ending the guy in front so he goes into the gravel yet I survive to take his place.
Pit engineer: Sweet move!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:10 pm 

Shia Luck wrote:
Schumaker, Seven wrote:

Me: missing my braking point and rear ending the guy in front so he goes into the gravel yet I survive to take his place.
Pit engineer: Sweet move!

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:15 pm 

I'm just about done with single player on this game, I really want to enjoy it, the career progression is something I really like and the cars (only properly driven the various single seaters) feel really good to drive.

The AI are just horrendous though. So, so aggressive. I have to treat them like an online lobby of random people, like they are all going to dive bomb me or just drive me off the circuit at any given moment.

To be fair it wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the way the game handles collisions and contact, even the smallest of touches to a car alongside can throw you up in the air or spin you or send you flying off the circuit. I get that it's more realistic than being able to bump into cars without any consequence but when you combine it with the mental AI it just means it's near impossible to finish a race unless you start from pole and drive off into the distance.

Apparently project cars 2 is in the works, hopefully they won't make the AI complete nutters for the next one. I keep coming back to it and trying again but it's just unplayable for me x(