planetf1.com

It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 4:55 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
FP3 Started

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 5796
Location: Mumbai, India
UnlikeUday wrote:
My Mexican Grand Prix prediction:

1. Nico Rosberg
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Max Verstappen
4. Daniel Ricciardo
5. Kimi Raikkonen
6. Sergio Perez
7. Nico Hulkenberg
8. Sebastian Vettel
9. Carlos Sainz
10. Fernando Alonso


18+18+15+25+18+10+25+8+0+0= 137

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
177 I'm guessing a high scoring round.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9103
Covalent wrote:
Travelling to the UK this week so best put in a banker...

Mexico:

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Vettel
4. Ricciardo
5. Verstappen
6. Räikkönen
7. Bottas
8. Perez
9. Hulkenberg
10. Massa

25+25+25+25+25+25+18+15+15+18=216, PLEASE NO VETTEL PENALTY!

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5114
Location: Michigan, USA
That's the end of the championship, then. With the finishing order on track it would be 206 for me and 192 for Covalent; that penalty has taken me from a 14 point gain to a 30 point loss.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9103
Exediron wrote:
That's the end of the championship, then. With the finishing order on track it would be 206 for me and 192 for Covalent; that penalty has taken me from a 14 point gain to a 30 point loss.

I'd give it a 50% chance of a penalty which would probably give you lead, and even if isn't, a 30p deficit is not game over.

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
Covalent wrote:
Exediron wrote:
That's the end of the championship, then. With the finishing order on track it would be 206 for me and 192 for Covalent; that penalty has taken me from a 14 point gain to a 30 point loss.

I'd give it a 50% chance of a penalty which would probably give you lead, and even if isn't, a 30p deficit is not game over.

I can't see how they can give Vettel a penalty after they have already altered the podium, that would make them seem somewhat foolish.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5114
Location: Michigan, USA
Covalent wrote:
Exediron wrote:
That's the end of the championship, then. With the finishing order on track it would be 206 for me and 192 for Covalent; that penalty has taken me from a 14 point gain to a 30 point loss.

I'd give it a 50% chance of a penalty which would probably give you lead, and even if isn't, a 30p deficit is not game over.

It's 30 on top of the 19 I've already got, so 49 with two races to go. I really don't see that as surmountable, honestly. I'll still try, but realistically I would need a colossal amount of luck to go my way.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9103
Exediron wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Exediron wrote:
That's the end of the championship, then. With the finishing order on track it would be 206 for me and 192 for Covalent; that penalty has taken me from a 14 point gain to a 30 point loss.

I'd give it a 50% chance of a penalty which would probably give you lead, and even if isn't, a 30p deficit is not game over.

It's 30 on top of the 19 I've already got, so 49 with two races to go. I really don't see that as surmountable, honestly. I'll still try, but realistically I would need a colossal amount of luck to go my way.

Ah true, read your post too hastily. I've had a couple terrible rounds so don't give up ;)

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:33 am
Posts: 2853
192 for me I think.

A Vettel 5-second penalty would give me 219!!

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition:
- 3 victories (USA '17, USA '16, Mexico '16),
- 6 podiums
- 2013 Rookie of the Year
- 2014 Championship 6th position
- 2016 Championship 9th position


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
Round 19: Mexico City, Mexico

The Mexican Grand Prix was probably the most boring race of the season. With barely any overtaking happening at the front, the main topic of the race will be the penalty that Verstappen received at the end of the race and costed him the podium and promoted Vettel to 3rd, and then Vettel himself received a penalty and Ricciardo ended up third. In the end, Hamilton won the race unchallenged from Rosberg and brought the gap down to 19 points.

Here are the results of Top 10 Competition:

In third place, with a score of 202, receiving the "Fighting Ricciardo Trophy"
Image
TheDamus, Hamilton_Jar, Peter2673 & theferret



In second place, with a score of 211, receiving the "Calculating Rosberg Trophy"
Image
Lax_T800



Winner of the Mexican Grand Prix, with a score of 216 points, receiving the "Dominant Hamilton trophy"
Image
purchville




PF1 PICK 10 CHAMPIONSHIP 2016 - ROUND 19 - MEXICO

1. purchville 216 :thumbup:
2. Lax_T800 211
3. TheDamus 202
3. Hamilton_Jar 202
3. Peter2673 202
3. theferret 202

7. pokerman 198
7. Blackhander 198
9. Covalent 192
9. TypingChicane 192
9. Colesy917 192
9. Gothnak 192
13. Jenson's Understeer 188
13. Sevenfest 188
15. Exediron 186
16. Mayhem 185
17. deSiRiuS 184
17. mcdo 184
19. Lotus49 182
20. coulthards chin 181
20. MistaVega23 181
22. Schumacher forever#1 180
23. Remmirath 178
23. robgowen90 178
23. Fountoukos13 178
26. P-F1 Mod 177
27. DaveStebbins 174
27. specdecible 174
27. Mod_Turquoise 174
30. robins13 172
31. Tufty 168
32. Black_Flag_11 167
33. Michael_f1 166
33. jzusy 166
35. Icemanjee1 164
36. cm97 162
37. McPrancingBull 160
38. Herb 158
39. Bentrovato 172 (FP1 Penalty -15) 157
40. Pisco Sour 150
41. UnlikeUday 137

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Last edited by pokerman on Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
I've gone ahead and posted during hearing that Vettel has gone to see the stewards, so will hang fire on the leader board for the time being.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5114
Location: Michigan, USA
pokerman wrote:
I've gone ahead and posted during hearing that Vettel has gone to see the stewards, so will hang fire on the leader board for the time being.

I've seen that too, and while I'm absolutely hoping for a result-altering penalty I just don't see it happening. I don't think it would make enough difference for me even if he gets one, though.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:33 am
Posts: 2853
http://www.espn.com.au/f1/story/_/id/17930627/sebastian-vettel-stripped-podium-moving-braking-ricciardo-defence

Surely I make up a place or two now? Could it be 2 wins on the trot? 8O

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition:
- 3 victories (USA '17, USA '16, Mexico '16),
- 6 podiums
- 2013 Rookie of the Year
- 2014 Championship 6th position
- 2016 Championship 9th position


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
purchville wrote:

Cheers I have a feeling it might benefit me as well. :)

Ok I will fire up the printer again.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:04 am
Posts: 1252
Sevenfest wrote:
Mexicoooooo

1. Hamilton - 25
2. Rosberg - 25
3. Ricciardo - 25
4. Vettel - 18
5. Verstappen - 18
6. Raikkonen - 25
7. Perez - 12
8. Bottas - 25
9. Hulkenberg - 15
10. Alonso - 0


New score after the Vettel penalty = 188.. which is exactly what I previously had. Oh well!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:33 am
Posts: 2853
purchville wrote:
Mexico

1. Hamilton 25
2. Rosberg 25
3. Ricciardo 25
4. Verstappen 25
5. Vettel 25
6. Raikkonen 25
7. Bottas 18
8. Perez 15
9. Hulkenberg 15
10. Massa 18

TOTAL 216

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition:
- 3 victories (USA '17, USA '16, Mexico '16),
- 6 podiums
- 2013 Rookie of the Year
- 2014 Championship 6th position
- 2016 Championship 9th position


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
Sevenfest wrote:
Sevenfest wrote:
Mexicoooooo

1. Hamilton - 25
2. Rosberg - 25
3. Ricciardo - 25
4. Vettel - 18
5. Verstappen - 18
6. Raikkonen - 25
7. Perez - 12
8. Bottas - 25
9. Hulkenberg - 15
10. Alonso - 0


New score after the Vettel penalty = 188.. which is exactly what I previously had. Oh well!

Rather surprisingly 11 people scored exactly the same. 8O

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5114
Location: Michigan, USA
I feel very lucky right now, which is a 180-degree switch-around from how I felt right after the race! I know it must be disappointing for anyone who lost points as a result of this penalty, but for those of us who lost out massively due to the first penalty it feels like some balance is restored. Hopefully I can use this second lease on the title and do something with it over the remaining two rounds.

#Blessed ;)

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION 2016 - LEADERBOARD GOING INTO BRAZIL

1. Covalent 2731 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
2. Exediron 2706 :thumbup: :thumbup:
3. TypingChicane 2679 :thumbup:
4. Lax_T800 2655
5. pokerman 2647
6. purchville 2640
7. Mayhem 2634
8. Lotus49 2617
9. Jenson's Understeer 2601
10. Blackhander 2582

11. cm97 2572
12. Schumacher forever#1 2554
13. coulthards chin 2542
14. TheDamus 2537
15. robins13 2535
16. Michael_f1 2528
17. McPrancingBull 2520
18. Icemanjee1 2515
19. Remmirath 2514
20. robgowen90 2511
21. DaveStebbins 2509
22. deSiRiuS 2503
23. specdecible 2500
24. MistaVega23 2496

25. Hamilton_Jar 2488
26. mcdo 2487
27. jzusy 2473
28. Gothnak 2468
29. Colesy917 2464
29. Tufty 2464
31. Herb 2461
32. UnlikeUday 2458
33. Peter2673 2440
34. theferret 2397
35. Black_Flag_11 2380
36. Sevenfest 2378
37. Bentrovato 2339
38. Pisco Sour 2335
39. Mod_Turquoise 2334
40. Fountoukos13 2301
41. P-F1 Mod 2276
41. GPG 1969
43. Spamjet 1890
44. Kendall 1699
45. HulkStrong 1465
46. Bapdub 1413
47. Schumaker, Seven 1106
48. musti 878
49. DirtyMike 875
50. Nil85 829
51. Chuck~Norris 806
52. vikke 150
53. Fanj 128
54. Marck 118
55. bourbon19 91
56. Llotyhy 76

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5114
Location: Michigan, USA
Well, that's definitely going to be the only time I celebrate a ruling that loses me 7 positions on the race! :lol: :-P

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 5796
Location: Mumbai, India
@ Poker, have You recalculated the scores based on Vettel's penalty?

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5114
Location: Michigan, USA
UnlikeUday wrote:
@ Poker, have You recalculated the scores based on Vettel's penalty?

Yeah, he edited the original post.

... you might not want to look, however! 8O

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9103
Ah crap, woke up to the news of the penalty but results-wise it wasn't such a disaster that I thought. Pokerman, just out of interest would I have won without it?

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
Exediron wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
@ Poker, have You recalculated the scores based on Vettel's penalty?

Yeah, he edited the original post.

... you might not want to look, however! 8O

Well he actually scored the same as did 11 others.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 4268
Well that sucked :lol:

Just a 17 place drop and a point swing that's taken me out of contention for a shot at 3rd spot. :x

I dunno who I'm more mad at either, Max or Seb, so my ire will have to be aimed elsewhere.

#@!$ you Mr Trump, !@#$ you.

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
Covalent wrote:
Ah crap, woke up to the news of the penalty but results-wise it wasn't such a disaster that I thought. Pokerman, just out of interest would I have won without it?

Yes the original result was actually posted and was up for a fair few hours, you would have won with 216 points, the highest score of the season instead that exact same score went to purchville.

I was about to write an eulogy of how it was the performance of a Champion, you was very unlucky.

There was more people benefiting than losing out with a maximum of 24 points gained or 24 points lost, I was one of the lucky 24 point gainers you was one of the few 24 point losers, even the 11 people who kept the same score still lost out as Exediron found out as he dropped 7 places on the round.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Last edited by pokerman on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
Lotus49 wrote:
Well that sucked :lol:

Just a 17 place drop and a point swing that's taken me out of contention for a shot at 3rd spot. :x

I dunno who I'm more mad at either, Max or Seb, so my ire will have to be aimed elsewhere.

#@!$ you Mr Trump, !@#$ you.

Yes you was one of the biggest losers with 20 points lost, a similar thing happened to me last season in the third to last race, I was about to go into a clear second place with an outside chance of catching the leader but an after race penalty to Alonso I believe dropped me to 5th in the standings, luckily I did fight back to 3rd place at seasons end.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9103
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Ah crap, woke up to the news of the penalty but results-wise it wasn't such a disaster that I thought. Pokerman, just out of interest would I have won without it?

Yes the ordinal result was actually posted and was up for a fair few hours, you would have won with 216 points, the highest score of the season instead that exact same score went to purchville.

I was about to write an eulogy how it was the performance of a Champion, you was very unlucky.

There was more people benefiting than losing out with a maximum of 24 points gained or 24 points lost, I was one of the lucky 24 point gainers you was one of the few 24 point losers, even the 11 people who kept the same score still lost out as Exediron found out as he dropped 7 places on the round.

:(
It was one of the most intense ends to a GP I've witnessed as it was about to come together for me after what I thought would be a terrible round for me after quali.

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 4268
pokerman wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
Well that sucked :lol:

Just a 17 place drop and a point swing that's taken me out of contention for a shot at 3rd spot. :x

I dunno who I'm more mad at either, Max or Seb, so my ire will have to be aimed elsewhere.

#@!$ you Mr Trump, !@#$ you.

Yes you was one of the biggest losers with 20 points lost, a similar thing happened to me last season in the third to last race, I was about to go into a clear second place with an outside chance of catching the leader but an after race penalty to Alonso I believe dropped me to 5th in the standings, luckily I did fight back to 3rd place at seasons end.


Ah you've got to take the rough with the smooth I guess, I'm pretty sure I've picked up a lucky podium in this before so I'll just have to swallow it.

Nice job running this comp btw in case I forget to say it at seasons end. :thumbup:

_________________
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Ah crap, woke up to the news of the penalty but results-wise it wasn't such a disaster that I thought. Pokerman, just out of interest would I have won without it?

Yes the ordinal result was actually posted and was up for a fair few hours, you would have won with 216 points, the highest score of the season instead that exact same score went to purchville.

I was about to write an eulogy how it was the performance of a Champion, you was very unlucky.

There was more people benefiting than losing out with a maximum of 24 points gained or 24 points lost, I was one of the lucky 24 point gainers you was one of the few 24 point losers, even the 11 people who kept the same score still lost out as Exediron found out as he dropped 7 places on the round.

:(
It was one of the most intense ends to a GP I've witnessed as it was about to come together for me after what I thought would be a terrible round for me after quali.

It's surprising how much the competition intensifies the race itself because you are rooting for drivers up and down the grid, especially towards the end when cars are battling for position in the points.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9103
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Ah crap, woke up to the news of the penalty but results-wise it wasn't such a disaster that I thought. Pokerman, just out of interest would I have won without it?

Yes the ordinal result was actually posted and was up for a fair few hours, you would have won with 216 points, the highest score of the season instead that exact same score went to purchville.

I was about to write an eulogy how it was the performance of a Champion, you was very unlucky.

There was more people benefiting than losing out with a maximum of 24 points gained or 24 points lost, I was one of the lucky 24 point gainers you was one of the few 24 point losers, even the 11 people who kept the same score still lost out as Exediron found out as he dropped 7 places on the round.

:(
It was one of the most intense ends to a GP I've witnessed as it was about to come together for me after what I thought would be a terrible round for me after quali.

It's surprising how much the competition intensifies the race itself because you are rooting for drivers up and down the grid, especially towards the end when cars are battling for position in the points.

Yes indeed although sometimes there are mixed feelings if a driver you like doing well goes against your prediction :lol:

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Ah crap, woke up to the news of the penalty but results-wise it wasn't such a disaster that I thought. Pokerman, just out of interest would I have won without it?

Yes the ordinal result was actually posted and was up for a fair few hours, you would have won with 216 points, the highest score of the season instead that exact same score went to purchville.

I was about to write an eulogy how it was the performance of a Champion, you was very unlucky.

There was more people benefiting than losing out with a maximum of 24 points gained or 24 points lost, I was one of the lucky 24 point gainers you was one of the few 24 point losers, even the 11 people who kept the same score still lost out as Exediron found out as he dropped 7 places on the round.

:(
It was one of the most intense ends to a GP I've witnessed as it was about to come together for me after what I thought would be a terrible round for me after quali.

It's surprising how much the competition intensifies the race itself because you are rooting for drivers up and down the grid, especially towards the end when cars are battling for position in the points.

Yes indeed although sometimes there are mixed feelings if a driver you like doing well goes against your prediction :lol:

Well I always pick Hamilton to win so I don't have that problem. :lol:

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9103
Yes you have it easy :D

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
Lotus49 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
Well that sucked :lol:

Just a 17 place drop and a point swing that's taken me out of contention for a shot at 3rd spot. :x

I dunno who I'm more mad at either, Max or Seb, so my ire will have to be aimed elsewhere.

#@!$ you Mr Trump, !@#$ you.

Yes you was one of the biggest losers with 20 points lost, a similar thing happened to me last season in the third to last race, I was about to go into a clear second place with an outside chance of catching the leader but an after race penalty to Alonso I believe dropped me to 5th in the standings, luckily I did fight back to 3rd place at seasons end.


Ah you've got to take the rough with the smooth I guess, I'm pretty sure I've picked up a lucky podium in this before so I'll just have to swallow it.

Nice job running this comp btw in case I forget to say it at seasons end. :thumbup:

Thank you :)

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:09 pm
Posts: 680
Yes, it is obvious each race how much time you (and anyone who helps out) must put into this friendly competition. I will never stop saying how much I enjoy it and how much I appreciate your time, pokerman. Thank you.

I am on vacation/holiday for 9 of the next 10 days, so I had better make my picks early for Brazil. I will be driving home when the flag falls. So, in a desperate attempt to stay ahead of specdecible and Gothnak, I present the first picks for Brazil.

Brazil 2016

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Ricciardo
4. Verstappen
5. Vettel
6. Raikkonen
7. Hulkenberg
8. Bottas
9. Perez
10. Alonso

I would also like to put Sainz and Massa in 10th place, but I don't suppose it's allowed to have all three there. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 25384
DaveStebbins wrote:
Yes, it is obvious each race how much time you (and anyone who helps out) must put into this friendly competition. I will never stop saying how much I enjoy it and how much I appreciate your time, pokerman. Thank you.

I am on vacation/holiday for 9 of the next 10 days, so I had better make my picks early for Brazil. I will be driving home when the flag falls. So, in a desperate attempt to stay ahead of specdecible and Gothnak, I present the first picks for Brazil.

Brazil 2016

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Ricciardo
4. Verstappen
5. Vettel
6. Raikkonen
7. Hulkenberg
8. Bottas
9. Perez
10. Alonso

I would also like to put Sainz and Massa in 10th place, but I don't suppose it's allowed to have all three there. :D

Now let's have a look at the rules, nope. :lol:

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: Currently 9th

Win: Abu Dhabi 2017
Podium: 2nd Barcelona 2018 and Canada 2015, 3rd Monza 2016, Hungary 2016 and Barcelona 2015


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 am
Posts: 1764
Braaaaaaaaaaazeeeeeeeeeel 2016:

1. HAM
2. ROS
3. RIC
4. VES
5. VET
6. RAI
7. HUL
8. MAS
9. PER
10. SAI

_________________
#KeepFightingMichael


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 3300
Still plodding along in last of the regular entrants I see. Fountoukos, I'm coming for you... Maybe...

Brazil:

1 - HAM
2 - ROS
3 - RIC
4 - VES
5 - VET
6 - HUL
7 - PER
8 - ALO
9 - BOT
10 - BUT

Banking on a Kimi engine failure, but at this point I'd be as well to choose 10 drivers at random and pray!

_________________
AlienTurnedHuman wrote:
Eurytus probably thought he was God. At least until he was banned. Which means if he was God, it makes me very scared of PF1-Mod.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 8:58 am
Posts: 394
Location: Australia
Brazil 2016:

1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Ricciardo
4. Raikkonen
5. Vettel
6. Hulkenberg
7. Vertsappen
8. Bottas
9. Alonso
10. Massa

_________________
Raikkonen Bottas Ricciardo

Thanks for the memories Nico


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group