Vettel
Mayhem wrote:
Hungary

The Ham
Verstappen
Vettel

And ANOTHER ONE !🍾🍾🍾🍾

You guys really have taken the sand bags off, haven't you? 8O

I'm honestly really surprised we had this many Perfect Podiums. I thought today's result was pretty unlikely, and even in hindsight I don't regret my prediction. Clearly, not everyone saw it that way!

Update coming tomorrow, BTW.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:38 pm 

Own Work

HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX RESULTS

For the fourth race in a row, Formula 1 once again delivered a solidly entertaining and closely fought spectacle. Unlike the last time out in Germany, however, this one was correctly anticipated as being closely fought between Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton, with nearly everyone predicting the two current form drivers to take first and second. Opinion was more divided on who would pick up the remaining third spot, but it was Sebastian Vettel who eventually nicked the place after a late pass on his teammate when his strategy paid off.

No fewer than seven entrants correctly guessed the entire podium this time - after no sightings until the Canadian GP, the Perfect Podiums are now coming hard and fast! Congratulations are in order this time for Espo, Icemanjee1, Remmirath, Mod Onyx, Mod Titanium, Mayhem and robins13!

Two teams completed a double Perfect Podium: Sand Bag'n and Drive Sauber.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Place - 14 points
Espo, Icemanjee1, Remmirath, Mod Onyx, Mod Titanium, Mayhem, robins13

Second Place - 8 points
CarlPotter, coulthards chin, Herb, Exediron, mcdo

Third Place - 5 points
Mod Blue, Charles LeBrad, P-F1 Mod, Lotus49

The Rest
cm97, JN23, Bentrovato - 1 point
Jenson's Understeer, Jezza13, RustyRockets44 - 0 points

Did Not Start
N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Individual Standings - Round Twelve

The leader's seven point gap has been cut back to a single point, with all seven of this round's winners occupying the seven positions directly behind him. While nothing has changed at the top just yet, it's clear that with the order perhaps becoming a little bit clearer, large point swings may be just ahead...

Only the top six are within a single perfect result of taking the lead.

Team Standings - Round Twelve

While Exediron held onto the lead in the individual standings, it was not to be in the teams championship. Sand Bag'n -- having well and truly cast the sand bags off lately -- soars forward into first place on the strength of their double Perfect Podium, establishing an eight point lead.

Behind them is a somewhat bizarre four-way tie for second place on 101 points, but tiebreakers exist for a reason, and it's Drive Sauber who occupy second place by dint of having the most wins and Perfect Podiums in the field. Mission Copy James is second, with the defending champions bumped all the way down to fourth position. Management in Crisis is the final team in the tie for second.

The upper midfield is also tight, with only ten points separating sixth from ninth. The Also Rans and We The North both continue to struggle, and have lost touch with the midfield.

(BTW, I know JN23's cell is the wrong color. I had an error with my spreadsheet and had to manually correct a lot of stuff, and got that one wrong)

NEXT RACE

It's the summer break! We'll be back in a month for Spa.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:20 am 

Definitely could use the summer break! We got our car all wrong in a very competitive year. Hopefully we can string together a few solid performances at Spa and Monza otherwise we'll be forced to shift our focus to the 2020 car :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:57 am 

Bentrovato wrote:
Definitely could use the summer break! We got our car all wrong in a very competitive year. Hopefully we can string together a few solid performances at Spa and Monza otherwise we'll be forced to shift our focus to the 2020 car :lol:

Hi Mr Binotto, is that you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:08 pm 

JN23 wrote:
Bentrovato wrote:

He's mentoring me on how to respond to the media :nod:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:39 am 

Bentrovato wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Bentrovato wrote:

He's mentoring me on how to respond to the media :nod:

That would explain some of your strategy calls this season. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:07 pm 

Exediron wrote:
That would explain some of your strategy calls this season. :twisted:

Ziiiiing! Unfortunately it's true. Terrible calls all year except for Canada.. we won in Canada and so we're going to take that momentum into the second half :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:07 pm 

Well on the plus side I'm now so far behind I can run strategies B thru Z for the rest of the races.

And it could've been so much different if Mercedes/Vettel hadn't rolled the dice a little!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:20 pm 

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
Well on the plus side I'm now so far behind I can run strategies B thru Z for the rest of the races.

And it could've been so much different if Mercedes/Vettel hadn't rolled the dice a little!

Yeah, that's the painful thing sometimes about this competition - it really is a hero/zero sort of situation with the top two places on the podium. A single moment can easily send you from 14 points to 1.

I spent most of the race thinking I'd completely thrown away my championship lead by chickening out on Max to win, so I got the opposite end of that stick.