planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:09 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 6573

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxInLBtzjJ8


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnxrFrBRlDU

New game releases on 28-June! Formula 2 included, livery editor, driver customization and more. Very exciting news and apparently they have been working on the game for 2 years! Increased partnership with Liberty Media is paying off.


Last edited by Mod Titanium on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Added YouTube thumb nails


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 am
Posts: 1862
Have to say I'm looking forward to this.

Still a shame they don't include previous seasons (I'd forgo the classic cars for this) where you can really see your career progression alongside the real teams and drivers, like EA's game from the early 00s. Codies have been doing the game since '09 now so there's nothing stopping them doing this.

Hoping for a more detailed helmet editor and sponsor logos add-on, the spec designs in previous games are pretty dire.

Plus a June release - earliest yet!

_________________
#KeepFightingMichael


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7562
Location: Mumbai, India
TBH, I didn't enjoy the career mode of F1 2018 as much as I did with F1 2017 game. But am sure F1 2019 game's career mode is will be splendid because now we can also start our career in F2 (if You don't want to start with F1 instead). We can also choose if we want to be a part of any specific driver academy which would later aide our move into F1. Am just too excited as being a part of the F2 world will be very enthralling.

More info here:
https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2019/05/new-details-on-career-mode-fia-formula-2-and-multiplayer-for-f1-2019-game-revealed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheCheckeredFlag+%28The+Checkered+Flag%29

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 am
Posts: 1862
I wish Codies would overhaul the entire career mode. I don't see the point in 'acclimatisation' laps every single weekend determining your XP score, especially if you're in your fourth or fifth season. Just create your own driver, stick him in a team and see how he does against his team mate and others around him. No race objectives or development points, just on-track results determining your reputation. I suppose you have to cater for the casual race gamers, though.

F2 on-boards look sleek already (except the driver's hands!).

_________________
#KeepFightingMichael


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7562
Location: Mumbai, India
MistaVega23 wrote:
I wish Codies would overhaul the entire career mode. I don't see the point in 'acclimatisation' laps every single weekend determining your XP score, especially if you're in your fourth or fifth season. Just create your own driver, stick him in a team and see how he does against his team mate and others around him. No race objectives or development points, just on-track results determining your reputation. I suppose you have to cater for the casual race gamers, though.

F2 on-boards look sleek already (except the driver's hands!).


Agree with the acclimatization thing. It should either be in the 1st season only or when joining a new team. I also have never passed a tyre wear program.

BTW, check this. Lighting has improved dramatically in F1 2019 game!
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2019-lighting-improvement-preview-images.169333/?fbclid=IwAR3uHeMHJLyXgHgiiZIRzv7BEktUYeJNHr6VagvLAUw8tp3J5Ao0DmDphKM

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 923
Location: Stratford
UnlikeUday wrote:
MistaVega23 wrote:
I wish Codies would overhaul the entire career mode. I don't see the point in 'acclimatisation' laps every single weekend determining your XP score, especially if you're in your fourth or fifth season. Just create your own driver, stick him in a team and see how he does against his team mate and others around him. No race objectives or development points, just on-track results determining your reputation. I suppose you have to cater for the casual race gamers, though.

F2 on-boards look sleek already (except the driver's hands!).


Agree with the acclimatization thing. It should either be in the 1st season only or when joining a new team. I also have never passed a tyre wear program.

BTW, check this. Lighting has improved dramatically in F1 2019 game!
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2019-lighting-improvement-preview-images.169333/?fbclid=IwAR3uHeMHJLyXgHgiiZIRzv7BEktUYeJNHr6VagvLAUw8tp3J5Ao0DmDphKM


Generally found the tyre wear programmes to be ok with the odd exception but really struggle with the fuel ones!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7839
JN23 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
MistaVega23 wrote:
I wish Codies would overhaul the entire career mode. I don't see the point in 'acclimatisation' laps every single weekend determining your XP score, especially if you're in your fourth or fifth season. Just create your own driver, stick him in a team and see how he does against his team mate and others around him. No race objectives or development points, just on-track results determining your reputation. I suppose you have to cater for the casual race gamers, though.

F2 on-boards look sleek already (except the driver's hands!).


Agree with the acclimatization thing. It should either be in the 1st season only or when joining a new team. I also have never passed a tyre wear program.

BTW, check this. Lighting has improved dramatically in F1 2019 game!
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2019-lighting-improvement-preview-images.169333/?fbclid=IwAR3uHeMHJLyXgHgiiZIRzv7BEktUYeJNHr6VagvLAUw8tp3J5Ao0DmDphKM


Generally found the tyre wear programmes to be ok with the odd exception but really struggle with the fuel ones!

I used to struggle with them but now I find them pretty easy. For fuel programmes just short shift constantly, dont lift and coast into braking zones as you lose too much time I find.

If you just drive a lap as you normally would in terms of braking point etc but just aim to be 1-2 gears higher than you would be normally at all times (you'll want to down shift to the correct gear at the turn in point so that the car doesn't understeer and then shift back up before putting the power down) you should get it. They normally give you quite a slow time to aim for so if you do the above and find yourself in green just lift and coast over the line to push it into purple.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7839
Looking forward to this one but a little disappointed we aren't getting a full F2 season in career mode, it's a start though I guess. I like the idea of having a couple of fictional characters follow you up from F2 to F1 as your rivals too.

I'm not too bothered about getting the Senna/Prost cars with the special edition but I do want the 2010 Ferrari and McLaren, I cant seem to find details online very easily about which 'edition' I would need to buy to get these, and how long I'll be able to get it for, since theres normally a window after which the game doesn't include any extra classic cars. Anyone have any idea how that all works?

I'm a little sceptical of the early release date after the last one we got (2015) was an absolute shambles on release. Hopefully this one is nice and smooth, but I doubt I'll be buying day 1 for that reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7839
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Looking forward to this one but a little disappointed we aren't getting a full F2 season in career mode, it's a start though I guess. I like the idea of having a couple of fictional characters follow you up from F2 to F1 as your rivals too.

I'm not too bothered about getting the Senna/Prost cars with the special edition but I do want the 2010 Ferrari and McLaren, I cant seem to find details online very easily about which 'edition' I would need to buy to get these, and how long I'll be able to get it for, since theres normally a window after which the game doesn't include any extra classic cars. Anyone have any idea how that all works?

I'm a little sceptical of the early release date after the last one we got (2015) was an absolute shambles on release. Hopefully this one is nice and smooth, but I doubt I'll be buying day 1 for that reason.

There was a video released today showing off some of the new features:


https://youtu.be/Zjk_lgKsBW8

Thought I'd add it here since it does address my concern about the earlier release. It is said in that livestream that this game had had the longest development cycle of any so far and has been in development for around 2 years. Gives me much more confidence for the general performance of the game at launch!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 923
Location: Stratford
Anyone got the same and want to share their opinion so far?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7839
JN23 wrote:
Anyone got the same and want to share their opinion so far?

Not got it yet but I'll likely pick it up next week sometime. Big news that I never mentioned in here is that driver transfers are now a thing. That's huge for the franchise as a whole, really glad they've been able to do it.

Watched a video from a YouTuber who skipped through and it got pretty crazy, Hamilton to Red Bull, Kimi dominating season 2 as the alfa became the best car. Seems like career could really be worth a multi season investment now. From what I saw it seemed that driver transfers were mainly triggered by you changing teams.

I just hope there is some algorithm for 'realism' built in as ideally I would like to avoid a situation where e.g. Leclerc is leading the WDC in a Ferrari and suddenly goes to Toro Rosso midseason.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am
Posts: 923
Location: Stratford
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
JN23 wrote:
Anyone got the same and want to share their opinion so far?

Not got it yet but I'll likely pick it up next week sometime. Big news that I never mentioned in here is that driver transfers are now a thing. That's huge for the franchise as a whole, really glad they've been able to do it.

Watched a video from a YouTuber who skipped through and it got pretty crazy, Hamilton to Red Bull, Kimi dominating season 2 as the alfa became the best car. Seems like career could really be worth a multi season investment now. From what I saw it seemed that driver transfers were mainly triggered by you changing teams.

I just hope there is some algorithm for 'realism' built in as ideally I would like to avoid a situation where e.g. Leclerc is leading the WDC in a Ferrari and suddenly goes to Toro Rosso midseason.


I'll probably also pick it up some time soon. Was easier to give it more time to the games in previous years with a less busy job :D

BIB: the driver transfers is a nice addition, but I've read a story on the codemasters forum that it might not be the most realistic thing in the world. Hamilton was leading the WDC mid season and left for a slower Red Bull. I get it isn't going to be 100% realistic but that sort of thing might make it a bit too gimmicky.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 am
Posts: 1862
The driver transfers thing is really putting me off at the moment.

What CM needs to do is release DLC packs for previous seasons and start your career that way. I enjoy the F1 games because they're true to life, not fantasy F1.

I'd happily pay something like £6.99 per season and then download further season packs as my career progresses. And it won't require much work on CM's part due to them having the licence since 2009 and probably most of the previous circuit data (Valencia, Korea, etc.).

_________________
#KeepFightingMichael


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group