It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

Post subject: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:10 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxInLBtzjJ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnxrFrBRlDU

New game releases on 28-June! Formula 2 included, livery editor, driver customization and more. Very exciting news and apparently they have been working on the game for 2 years! Increased partnership with Liberty Media is paying off.

Last edited by Mod Titanium on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Added YouTube thumb nails

Post subject: Re: F1 2019 Game
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:55 pm 

Have to say I'm looking forward to this.

Still a shame they don't include previous seasons (I'd forgo the classic cars for this) where you can really see your career progression alongside the real teams and drivers, like EA's game from the early 00s. Codies have been doing the game since '09 now so there's nothing stopping them doing this.

Hoping for a more detailed helmet editor and sponsor logos add-on, the spec designs in previous games are pretty dire.

Plus a June release - earliest yet!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:33 am 

TBH, I didn't enjoy the career mode of F1 2018 as much as I did with F1 2017 game. But am sure F1 2019 game's career mode is will be splendid because now we can also start our career in F2 (if You don't want to start with F1 instead). We can also choose if we want to be a part of any specific driver academy which would later aide our move into F1. Am just too excited as being a part of the F2 world will be very enthralling.

More info here:
https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2019/05/new-details-on-career-mode-fia-formula-2-and-multiplayer-for-f1-2019-game-revealed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheCheckeredFlag+%28The+Checkered+Flag%29

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:41 am 

I wish Codies would overhaul the entire career mode. I don't see the point in 'acclimatisation' laps every single weekend determining your XP score, especially if you're in your fourth or fifth season. Just create your own driver, stick him in a team and see how he does against his team mate and others around him. No race objectives or development points, just on-track results determining your reputation. I suppose you have to cater for the casual race gamers, though.

F2 on-boards look sleek already (except the driver's hands!).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:17 pm 

MistaVega23 wrote:
I wish Codies would overhaul the entire career mode. I don't see the point in 'acclimatisation' laps every single weekend determining your XP score, especially if you're in your fourth or fifth season. Just create your own driver, stick him in a team and see how he does against his team mate and others around him. No race objectives or development points, just on-track results determining your reputation. I suppose you have to cater for the casual race gamers, though.

Agree with the acclimatization thing. It should either be in the 1st season only or when joining a new team. I also have never passed a tyre wear program.

BTW, check this. Lighting has improved dramatically in F1 2019 game!
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2019-lighting-improvement-preview-images.169333/?fbclid=IwAR3uHeMHJLyXgHgiiZIRzv7BEktUYeJNHr6VagvLAUw8tp3J5Ao0DmDphKM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:50 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
MistaVega23 wrote:

Agree with the acclimatization thing. It should either be in the 1st season only or when joining a new team. I also have never passed a tyre wear program.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2019-lighting-improvement-preview-images.169333/?fbclid=IwAR3uHeMHJLyXgHgiiZIRzv7BEktUYeJNHr6VagvLAUw8tp3J5Ao0DmDphKM

Generally found the tyre wear programmes to be ok with the odd exception but really struggle with the fuel ones!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:39 pm 

JN23 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
MistaVega23 wrote:

Generally found the tyre wear programmes to be ok with the odd exception but really struggle with the fuel ones!

I used to struggle with them but now I find them pretty easy. For fuel programmes just short shift constantly, dont lift and coast into braking zones as you lose too much time I find.

If you just drive a lap as you normally would in terms of braking point etc but just aim to be 1-2 gears higher than you would be normally at all times (you'll want to down shift to the correct gear at the turn in point so that the car doesn't understeer and then shift back up before putting the power down) you should get it. They normally give you quite a slow time to aim for so if you do the above and find yourself in green just lift and coast over the line to push it into purple.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:00 am 

Looking forward to this one but a little disappointed we aren't getting a full F2 season in career mode, it's a start though I guess. I like the idea of having a couple of fictional characters follow you up from F2 to F1 as your rivals too.

I'm not too bothered about getting the Senna/Prost cars with the special edition but I do want the 2010 Ferrari and McLaren, I cant seem to find details online very easily about which 'edition' I would need to buy to get these, and how long I'll be able to get it for, since theres normally a window after which the game doesn't include any extra classic cars. Anyone have any idea how that all works?

I'm a little sceptical of the early release date after the last one we got (2015) was an absolute shambles on release. Hopefully this one is nice and smooth, but I doubt I'll be buying day 1 for that reason.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:54 pm 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Looking forward to this one but a little disappointed we aren't getting a full F2 season in career mode, it's a start though I guess. I like the idea of having a couple of fictional characters follow you up from F2 to F1 as your rivals too.

I'm not too bothered about getting the Senna/Prost cars with the special edition but I do want the 2010 Ferrari and McLaren, I cant seem to find details online very easily about which 'edition' I would need to buy to get these, and how long I'll be able to get it for, since theres normally a window after which the game doesn't include any extra classic cars. Anyone have any idea how that all works?

I'm a little sceptical of the early release date after the last one we got (2015) was an absolute shambles on release. Hopefully this one is nice and smooth, but I doubt I'll be buying day 1 for that reason.

There was a video released today showing off some of the new features:

https://youtu.be/Zjk_lgKsBW8

Thought I'd add it here since it does address my concern about the earlier release. It is said in that livestream that this game had had the longest development cycle of any so far and has been in development for around 2 years. Gives me much more confidence for the general performance of the game at launch!