planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Who plays Forza?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:53 am 

Any of you people play Forza Motorsport 4?

Martin Brundle: "Alonso's like a magician. He keeps pulling something out of the hat, when there isn't anything in the hat."

Post subject: Re: Who plays Forza?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:38 am 

I do not. I play the real driving simulator.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:38 pm 

I do

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:49 pm 

ScuderiaFerrari wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:19 pm 

I do at times. But I would love if I could use my G27 wheel. :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:45 pm 

I used to with Forza 2, but since then I've not really got into the online part of the game. I've not really played 4 fro about a year now (it got a little tiring working towards the bucket list) and still haven't even played Horizon yet.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:15 pm 

Benjamin3 wrote:
ScuderiaFerrari wrote:

:lol:

Well said :D but yes I occasionally play forza 4 & horizon.

Lewis Hamilton :D
--------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:49 am 

I dont know what it is, but find it very hard not to post the reply-

Was it John Travolta?

:D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:12 am 

I'm a Forza veteran and wait impatiently for FM5. My GT is:

SillySinStorm

See you at the track.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:17 am 

I do. Bought an Xbox 360 that came with FM3 (actually bought it because of Forza), enjoyed it very much, then I got Forza Horizon just about the day it came out, had loads of fun, recently bought FM4.

Proud member of the "It's Toro Rosso, not Torro Rosso" action committee.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:57 pm 

Bonus

Martin Brundle: "Alonso's like a magician. He keeps pulling something out of the hat, when there isn't anything in the hat."

Last edited by Solari12 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:35 pm 

Solari12 wrote:
So Fm5 will feature both Niki Lauda and James Hunt's 1976 F1 cars.

sinstorm wrote:
I'm a Forza veteran and wait impatiently for FM5. My GT is:

SillySinStorm

See you at the track.....

Same here. See you there mate :thumbup:

I look forward to it....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:51 pm 

I bought Forza 4 but never really got into it. I find it to be a whole load of stuff all thrown into one game and kind of awkward, which is weird because I like variety.

A lot can be said for a simple F1 game with a set season and drivers that you race throughout.

FA#14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:36 pm 

The Lotus looks stunning in Forza - it's a big picture so won't embed:

http://news.xbox.com/~/media/Images/Media%20Assets/Games/Xbox%20One/Forza%20Motorsport%205/Screenshots/Forza%20Motorsport%205%20Car%20Reveals%20-%20Week%207/Forza5_CarReveal_Lotus_E21_WM.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:08 pm 

scouseknight wrote:

That pic alone (after making my desktop background) has me now reconsidering buying the xbox one!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:17 am 

The game looks fabulous and the inclusion of the Lotus is just icing on the cake - always liked Forza so the next gen choice was a no brainer after seeing the gameplay videos and trailers. I'll probably end up owning both but Forza 5 and Ryse look great.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:12 pm 

Nice, I always liked the way Forza handles with a wheel so am looking forward to getting my hands on this

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:02 pm 

Just a reminder for when the XB1 releases (don't FR me now as my list is full). My GT is:

SillySinStorm

See you on track (or beating my rivals times)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:48 am 

So Forza 5 is here. My wheel isn't here though so playing with controller at the moment. I've never played a Forza game with a controller until now so I am a complete mess!

The AI is comprised of other player's "Drivatars" which is an excellent feature - Drivatars were introduced with the original Forza Motorsport game on the first Xbox and their skills are based on how well you take corners, overtake, brake etc. I've been going through the career mode and I've raced several players I know - no more Esposito, Evans or Rossi - now all the AI drivers show the gamertag of their owner. Loads of mistakes and aggressive driving at the moment until we all get better at the game. How cool is that!

Having some banter with some of my friends as their drivatars drive like last years version of Grosjean!

My gamertag is scouseknight so look out for my wrecking ball drivatar!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:08 pm 

Ok so I'm not a heavy gamer but I've been playing Forza 4 on the Xbox 360 since January and to be honest I've got bored of it.

There's not much wrong with the gameplay, I find the faster cars suitably challenging to drive (even more so than F1 cars on F1 2012) and the depth of the game is incredible even if I find a lot of the tracks a little dull. The problem is that I mostly play on my own so the bulk of time has been spent on the world tour mode, which I find repetitive. Hopping between different series and not entering any sort of championship bugs me a bit as well - I guess that bit is down to personal preference.

Back in the day I used to play the TOCA Race Driver Series. I think the format those games followed was spot on.

2015 - 6th

Pick 10 Podiums:
1st Place: USA 2012, Japan 2013, USA 2015
2nd Place: Bahrain 2015, Barcelona 2015
3rd Place: China 2014

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:29 pm 

Just a bump for Forza 6 - and Sinstorm, please stop beating my Spa time in the Lotus!!! ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:16 pm 

Forza 6 marks my step up to the new gen consoles. As I got the Xbox one bundle, I've also bought a thrustmaster TX wheel so it's my first time using a wheel.

I'm loving the gameplay, it's my first time using a sim-style game and a force feedback wheel (or wheel of any kind, for that matter) so I have no idea how it compares to other similar games. I will be getting Project Cars eventually so I will be able to get a better idea for it then.

One thing that has really bugged me though is the career mode. It has a really basic flaw IMO in the way it works. For those that don't know reading this you unlock a series of multiple races, your objective in each race of the series is to finish in the top three in order to unlock the next race. Then once you finish in the top three of every race in a series it gets a tick next to it and you unlock the next. There isn't even a bronze/silver/gold system. In other words there is simply no incentive to ever finish any higher than 3rd.

Surely a points based system would be far better than this? There is so much more to Motorsport than finishing in the top three.

The game is brilliant as a whole, it feels amazing to play, but with one minor tweak to the career mode it could be so much better IMO.

On a different note... What are everyone's times on the Lotus f1 Spa challenge?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:46 pm 

I always find the races are too short in addition to the top 3 issue - have to be mega aggressive on the first lap which I don't like I try to be the gentleman racer!

My Spa time is a bit naff at the moment I am struggling with the pick-up in first and second gear (I am also using the Thrustmaster TX wheel) so the bus stop chicane is losing me a few seconds. I think the best I've managed is around 1:57.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:54 am 

Bought an Xbox One in December, and I'm fully occupied with Forza Horizon 2 at the moment. After that I will tacke Forza 6.

FH2 is obviously less hardcore, as was the original Forza Horizon, but boy am I having loads of fun again with it. Great sound track, variety, visuals, the racing is great and the overall atmosphere is fantastic. Love it.

The only negative are the cross country races - it just doesn't feel right to do that in a Lotus Esprit (to name one). Also with my preferred point of view (front bumper cam - I would like the cockpit cam but the view is too obstructed) half of the time you have NO idea what is happening because you are just seeing bushes, gras, ... on the entire screen and going by the map you have to guess which direction you have to take. I guess players that are used to the "behind and above car"-cam do not have this problem, but I can't drive with that cam. It goes against my instinct and I can't take a single corner correct like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:09 pm 

mds wrote:
Also with my preferred point of view (front bumper cam - I would like the cockpit cam but the view is too obstructed) half of the time you have NO idea what is happening because you are just seeing bushes, gras, ... on the entire screen and going by the map you have to guess which direction you have to take. I guess players that are used to the "behind and above car"-cam do not have this problem, but I can't drive with that cam. It goes against my instinct and I can't take a single corner correct like that.

It's funny how people are different. I have never ever enjoyed cockpit or front bumper cams, always and ever been above and behind

FA#14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:02 am 

mcdo wrote:
mds wrote:
Also with my preferred point of view (front bumper cam - I would like the cockpit cam but the view is too obstructed) half of the time you have NO idea what is happening because you are just seeing bushes, gras, ... on the entire screen and going by the map you have to guess which direction you have to take. I guess players that are used to the "behind and above car"-cam do not have this problem, but I can't drive with that cam. It goes against my instinct and I can't take a single corner correct like that.

It's funny how people are different. I have never ever enjoyed cockpit or front bumper cams, always and ever been above and behind

There's a few main reasons why I'm driving like that.
Firstly, I feel more like the driver instead of someone looking at a car racing :)
Secondly, I have an unobstructed view (front bumper cam) - the relevant info is full screen instead of losing quite a bit to the car and what's next and behind it.
And maybe most importantly, I can "feel" understeer and oversteer from the moment they occur, and can correct it instantly. Whenever I try racing with above and behind cam (I sometimes make a quick switch when racing through fields), I'm waiting for the car to show me it's understeering or oversteering and by that time it's way too late to properly correct it. I'm also more accurate at turn-in and at maintining proper racing lines.

I appreciate it's very personal. To each his own. But yeah, for the cross-country racing in FH2 it definitely impacts me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:57 am 

Finished FH2 a few weeks ago. Well, 'finished' - I won the series finale race. Very satisfying game, if not for the cross-country racing which I still don't like except when doing it in, say, a Bowler or something like it :)

Looking forward to FH3!

Doing Tomb Raider as an intermezzo now but after that (within 2 weeks or something) I'll fire up Forza 6 for the next half year or so. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:05 am 

Have been playing Forza 6 for a while now. Gorgeous and fantastic game. Went around Spa-Francorchamps yesterday with a Ferrari F40, and did the Nurburgring in the rain. Feels very satisfying to race as cleanly as possible, nailing apexes and scoring perfect corners.

Although... this game has left me wanting for a steering wheel and pedals. Controller operation is surprisingly good, but you can just feel that you're not getting everything out of it that you could with a decent wheel. Operating a thumbstick just doesn't cut it at this level. I feel like I could handle expert level and TCS/STM switched off with a wheel, but with the controller I'm kind of hovering in between highly skilled and expert level with TCS/STM on. I need finer/more intuitive throttle and steering dosage.
Rewinds off of course - forces me to keep it very clean!

Still, fantastic game.