planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:00 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 5173
chican wrote:
Kolby wrote:
minchy wrote:
Kolby wrote:
Guys can you tell me if the throttles and the braking works the same way as it did in F1 2012? Thanks :)

Yes, the throttle makes the cars go faster and the brakes slow them down!

You need to be a little more specific with the question :D

lol haha. I mean the way it accelerates and brakes without traction control and all the other aids off. Like does it become harder to control than F1 2012 or they're just about the same?
I think they worked a bit to improve the feeling of momentum of the car, when you accelerate while coming out of a turn you can notice the centripetal force.

I agree with that. I didn't play 2012 so cant compare it to that, but it is vastly improved since 2011.

When exiting a corner, you need gentle application on the throttle and steering in unison to get the best exit and you can really feel the wheelspin and oversteer if you are too aggressive with it and the noise of the revs has also improved to give you a better sense of wheelspin as well. This also works well when the tyres lose grip and you need to be gentle on the throttle again or short shift for more torque (if that is the correct description) to reduce the wheel spin or you'll just end up snaking all the way down to the next corner.

There's not much feel on the brakes other than you don't slow down much if you apply too much pressure on them. I haven't noticed much in the way of lock ups other than continuing in a straight line at speed with non-responsive steering (i.e. No smoking tyres, vibrations in steering afterwards or visible flat spots).

Hope that helps Kolby.

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Qart-Hadast
Tyre degradation is the great change for F1 2013, it gets frustrating sometimes. Now there's a big difference between each stage of life of the tyres. Depending on every circuit you'll probably have one very good lap with the options, 4 normal laps and then they'll start to fade for 2-3 laps, you'll notice your braking distance increases a bit and that you've lost traction. After that comes wheelspin, and after one or two laps of wheelsping... the death, it's not a cliff, it's THE DEATH OF THE TYRES (in capital letters). Yet they don't delaminate.

I just can't make sense of the IA, they are too fast, then too slow, then they brake too early then they don't seem to have tyre degradation... It's just silly. I miss Geoff Crammond's saga.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Qart-Hadast
chican wrote:
Tyre degradation is the great change for F1 2013, it gets frustrating sometimes. Now there's a big difference between each stage of life of the tyres. Depending on every circuit you'll probably have one very good lap with the options, 4 normal laps and then they'll start to fade for 2-3 laps, you'll notice your braking distance increases a bit and that you've lost traction. After that comes wheelspin, and after one or two laps of wheelsping... the death, it's not a cliff, it's THE DEATH OF THE TYRES (in capital letters). Yet they don't delaminate.

I just can't make sense of the IA, they are too fast, then too slow, then they brake too early then they don't seem to have tyre degradation... It's just silly. I miss Geoff Crammond's saga.

In addition to that now the cars oversteer a lot when braking. It's difficult making the most of it in slow corners.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:27 am
Posts: 670
Hey guys I'm planning on going on for 14 laps at Sepang in F1 2013 without stopping, would that be possible or would the pit-crew start asking me to get into the pits to change tires like they do in F1 2012? If I don't would my tires explode or something?

_________________
Even the best of drivers crash, stay safe and be responsible!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Qart-Hadast
Kolby wrote:
Hey guys I'm planning on going on for 14 laps at Sepang in F1 2013 without stopping, would that be possible or would the pit-crew start asking me to get into the pits to change tires like they do in F1 2012? If I don't would my tires explode or something?

just try and tell us =D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:27 am
Posts: 670
I could not because I do not have the game :(

_________________
Even the best of drivers crash, stay safe and be responsible!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 am
Posts: 1775
Kolby wrote:
I could not because I do not have the game :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
#KeepFightingMichael


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Qart-Hadast
Another patch has been released...it seems as if they'd opened the bug box =D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:29 pm
Posts: 2436
Is anyone finding steering hard on ps3 or xbox controller? Always found it annoying to apply a bit of steering without turning it way too hard on 2012. Don't have 2013, Yet. 'waiting to complete gta :)

_________________
"Always believe you will become the best, but never believe you have done so"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:29 pm
Posts: 2436
chican wrote:
MistaVega23 wrote:
PS3 users: Anyone play using the controller and X/Square to accelarate/brake? How bad is the traction out of slow corners?! My tyres are ruined by lap 3. Is there any way I can lessen the wheelspin?

I might have to learn to use L2/R2 or my career with Sauber will be ruined.

You can always have a wheel, some of them are much cheaper than the game.


Do you have that wheel on a desk or something? I got a wheel only to have nowhere to put it and if it's on my lap the whole thing turns instead. Any ideas to solve this?

_________________
"Always believe you will become the best, but never believe you have done so"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Qart-Hadast
Schumacher forever#1 wrote:
chican wrote:
MistaVega23 wrote:
PS3 users: Anyone play using the controller and X/Square to accelarate/brake? How bad is the traction out of slow corners?! My tyres are ruined by lap 3. Is there any way I can lessen the wheelspin?

I might have to learn to use L2/R2 or my career with Sauber will be ruined.

You can always have a wheel, some of them are much cheaper than the game.


Do you have that wheel on a desk or something? I got a wheel only to have nowhere to put it and if it's on my lap the whole thing turns instead. Any ideas to solve this?

Is this a joke?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Qart-Hadast
BTW I finally managed to understand how tyre wear works, I had suspects that, apart than driving smoothly, fuel conspumtion could somehow ease the tyre problem, and it actually does, but you've got to be constantly swapping between the lean and rich fuel mixes. You may want to use the rich mix in the straights and the leaner one in the slow areas of the circuit, specially those containing several consecutive turns that may difficult overtaking. The only problem is that you'll have to find a compromise between sacrificing tyre life for the extra weight of fuel that you won't be able to burn as you normally would. Choosing an aggressive fuel strategy helps in that regard.

I tried it in my last race and I managed to make my tyres last a lot, probably 11 laps is not a realistic number, but in longer stints in certain circuits it may happen.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 am
Posts: 1775
I haven't tried this yet but am curious to see if it works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrweVdyUdAg

_________________
#KeepFightingMichael


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Posts: 2033
Location: South Yorkshire
So I haven't posted here for a while, I still play F1 2013 regularly and find it the best F1 game from Codemasters so far but I find myself playing the GP mode much more now than career all because of tyre wear, it's still awful but what I find even worse is that in career practice I can easily fuel the car up for 30 laps and do a 20 lap stint easily on the prime tyre but once I get to the race I struggle to complete anywhere near 20 laps on the same tyre (brand new as well). Also on the topic of tyre wear I have given up doing races in wet weather, not because I can't drive in the wet because I do rather well in the wet conditions before tyre wear is put into the equation as however I drive whether I am super careful on the throttle (only getting 100% throttle in 4/5th and up) or flooring the throttle as soon as I'm straight I struggle with tyre wear and have to put after 6 laps and the car is then sliding all over the place when I pit.

I'm sure they have the scaling messed up that the tyres are set to 100% race distance during practice sessions so it gives you the impression you have a set up that's easy on the tyres then when you get to the race tyres revert to the actual scaling so the setup that gave you X laps in practice actually only gives you Y laps in the race. This is an irritating problem in my opinion that I am finding detracts from the career mode as it just seems false, can anyone else confirm this is the case in the career mode from practice to the race.

_________________
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Qart-Hadast
Robbo-92 wrote:
I'm sure they have the scaling messed up that the tyres are set to 100% race distance during practice sessions so it gives you the impression you have a set up that's easy on the tyres then when you get to the race tyres revert to the actual scaling so the setup that gave you X laps in practice actually only gives you Y laps in the race. This is an irritating problem in my opinion that I am finding detracts from the career mode as it just seems false, can anyone else confirm this is the case in the career mode from practice to the race.

I simply fail to understand what goes on in career mode. I've played it in expert and still in my stats it says that my favourite IA level is legend (¿?). I can easily claim the fastest laps in free practices, Q1 and Q2, but when it comes to Q3 then magically the IA goes much faster and I can't match it, I just can't go much quicker even thouh I run that session with less fuel and higher consumption. It seems that everything is scripted in this game, from tyre wear to adversaries' ability, maybe they could tell us what were they thinking when making the game... but no, we have to find out by ourselves.


I remember the day when games came with actual manuals, a proper guide to learn how to play. Now you must guess or search in the web to find out. That sucks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 am
Posts: 1775
chican wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
I'm sure they have the scaling messed up that the tyres are set to 100% race distance during practice sessions so it gives you the impression you have a set up that's easy on the tyres then when you get to the race tyres revert to the actual scaling so the setup that gave you X laps in practice actually only gives you Y laps in the race. This is an irritating problem in my opinion that I am finding detracts from the career mode as it just seems false, can anyone else confirm this is the case in the career mode from practice to the race.

I simply fail to understand what goes on in career mode. I've played it in expert and still in my stats it says that my favourite IA level is legend (¿?). I can easily claim the fastest laps in free practices, Q1 and Q2, but when it comes to Q3 then magically the IA goes much faster and I can't match it, I just can't go much quicker even thouh I run that session with less fuel and higher consumption. It seems that everything is scripted in this game, from tyre wear to adversaries' ability, maybe they could tell us what were they thinking when making the game... but no, we have to find out by ourselves.


I remember the day when games came with actual manuals, a proper guide to learn how to play. Now you must guess or search in the web to find out. That sucks.

Oh the days of Geoff Crammond! I miss those :(

Seriously though, although I enjoy playing the game massively (maybe because it's the 2013 season and some things have been tweaked), when I realise that this is CM's FOURTH F1 game, I feel like shoving my head through a wall.

WHY no podium ceremony?
WHY no LG timing? (Like the TV feed)
WHY is the YDT still in?
WHY no formation lap?
WHY can't you create your driver?
WHY can't you approach teams yourself?
WHY are there no sponsors on the career helmets?
WHY is the engineer still babbling bullshit?

If F1CE released a 2013 version, I'd choose that every time. CM have delivered and disappointed at the same time. And it takes a massive effort to do that.

_________________
#KeepFightingMichael


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Qart-Hadast
MistaVega23 wrote:
Oh the days of Geoff Crammond! I miss those :(

Seriously though, although I enjoy playing the game massively (maybe because it's the 2013 season and some things have been tweaked), when I realise that this is CM's FOURTH F1 game, I feel like shoving my head through a wall.

WHY no podium ceremony?
WHY no LG timing? (Like the TV feed)
WHY is the YDT still in?
WHY no formation lap?
WHY can't you create your driver?
WHY can't you approach teams yourself?
WHY are there no sponsors on the career helmets?
WHY is the engineer still babbling bullshit?

If F1CE released a 2013 version, I'd choose that every time. CM have delivered and disappointed at the same time. And it takes a massive effort to do that.

I have one theory about this. I think Codemasters games are developed by a bunch of monkeys attached to typing machines. Really... they charge a surreal price for what they bring anew to each version, other than cars liveries and physics, it feels like playing the same game year after year...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:41 am
Posts: 720
Location: Toronto, Canada
Was playing scenario mode and got some big air in the Williams flying over the kerb. Pretty fun!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Qart-Hadast
I managed to finish my first season, not bad and willing to race again in early circuits like Monaco! I had a pretty constant pace at Interlagos, here's an excerpt of my laptimes (full race distance, hard tyre compound).

(Notice that it started to rain in the very last laps)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Posts: 2033
Location: South Yorkshire
@chican, who did you start your career with? Did you move mid season and who have you got a drive with for your 2nd season?

_________________
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Qart-Hadast
Robbo-92 wrote:
@chican, who did you start your career with? Did you move mid season and who have you got a drive with for your 2nd season?
Started with Lotus then by the 10th race I was offered a seat at Ferrari, I suppose that because I completed the YDT with the Maranello squad and I was ahead of Alonso and Massa in the standings in mid-season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Posts: 2033
Location: South Yorkshire
chican wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
@chican, who did you start your career with? Did you move mid season and who have you got a drive with for your 2nd season?
Started with Lotus then by the 10th race I was offered a seat at Ferrari, I suppose that because I completed the YDT with the Maranello squad and I was ahead of Alonso and Massa in the standings in mid-season.


Not bad for a rookie driver ;) where did you finish in the championship?

I presume you have stuck with the prancing horse for your second season then?

_________________
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Qart-Hadast
Robbo-92 wrote:
chican wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
@chican, who did you start your career with? Did you move mid season and who have you got a drive with for your 2nd season?
Started with Lotus then by the 10th race I was offered a seat at Ferrari, I suppose that because I completed the YDT with the Maranello squad and I was ahead of Alonso and Massa in the standings in mid-season.


Not bad for a rookie driver ;) where did you finish in the championship?

I presume you have stuck with the prancing horse for your second season then?

I won the championship, and the WCC as well, yeah, not bad for a rookie that has been playing F1 games since the 80s =D

I did not receive an offer from Merc or RBR, so I stuck with Ferrari. As for the IA level, I'm quite confused, it seems that in career mode it's scripted and if you change it from a race to another it tweaks itself so that it always poses a challenge.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Posts: 2033
Location: South Yorkshire
chican wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
chican wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
@chican, who did you start your career with? Did you move mid season and who have you got a drive with for your 2nd season?
Started with Lotus then by the 10th race I was offered a seat at Ferrari, I suppose that because I completed the YDT with the Maranello squad and I was ahead of Alonso and Massa in the standings in mid-season.


Not bad for a rookie driver ;) where did you finish in the championship?

I presume you have stuck with the prancing horse for your second season then?

I won the championship, and the WCC as well, yeah, not bad for a rookie that has been playing F1 games since the 80s =D

I did not receive an offer from Merc or RBR, so I stuck with Ferrari. As for the IA level, I'm quite confused, it seems that in career mode it's scripted and if you change it from a race to another it tweaks itself so that it always poses a challenge.


Well knowing Codemasters track record the AI seems to be better at some tracks than at others.

_________________
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:44 pm
Posts: 434
The game is still really bad with a wheel. Terrible feedback from it. And how the chocolate fudge cake do you start with no assists. Incredible wheelspin no matter what. Also the tire wear seems a tad too realistic compared to how arcade-like the driving is.
I dont get the AI either. Wet track in malaysia and i gain 2.5 sec on entry to first corner every lap and run on par with AI for the rest. Same with some other corners on different tracks where you're miles better than AI.

Great fun still. Hotlapping Brands Hatch in the 92 williams is really really fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Posts: 2033
Location: South Yorkshire
So I started my career again with Force India. Don't know why just got fed up with the sauber and I have to say I much prefer the Force India, had similar results (except the freak podium I got in Malaysia during heavy rain and due to a bug with the mid race save where the AI all pit once the race is resumed). I'm currently 10th with 11 points whereas Di Resta only has 2 points.
Still problems with the tyre wear, at china where tyre wear is really bad I managed 13 laps in practice but in the race i could only get 8 laps.
Also the AI, they are much better and much more aggressive, just in the wrong corners. Eg, at the hairpin at china after the ai had Drs i didn't even have to defend my position, into T1 i was hit twice by the ai when i was holding my line (hugging the curb), this resulted in both ai drivers losing their front wing and retiring from the race, Perez who was one of them must have hit me 3 times suffering damage each time.

_________________
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:27 pm
Posts: 123
MistaVega23 wrote:
PS3 users: Anyone play using the controller and X/Square to accelarate/brake? How bad is the traction out of slow corners?! My tyres are ruined by lap 3. Is there any way I can lessen the wheelspin?

I might have to learn to use L2/R2 or my career with Sauber will be ruined.


Would suggest using the right analogue stick with up as accelerate and Down as brake, much easier to control input of throttle and brake!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Posts: 2033
Location: South Yorkshire
The more I play this the more the game laughs in my face.

I don't care what other people say on other forums, the AI are simply not affected to the same degree the player is. In the race at Spain that I completed this morning, I had to make two pit stops compared to the AI's one. Hamilton who won the race was always lapping in the 1:24's except for his pit in and out lap, whereas I was lapping 1:25's to 1:29's on my first option stint on the medium tyre which lasted 5 laps. On the prime tyre (hard compound) I could only manage 7 laps. I then pitted for options again for the last 4 laps but once again my tyres were shot.

I'm dreading races like Monaco and Singapore where tyre wear was terrible on F1 2012, I can only imagine how bad it will be on F1 2013.

_________________
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:57 am
Posts: 229
So I just bought this game today... after a long while and GTA keeping me busy I was actually after the classic version and found it was sold out everywhere!!! I decided to go got the standard version and know that I can always download the classic content.

I have been playing 2012 too to get my fix :twisted:

Is there any tips or anything you guys would recommend before I start my championship on the weekend.

I reckon we should get a weekly race going and do time trials on various tracks!

_________________
Scuderia Ferrari


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Posts: 2033
Location: South Yorkshire
ScuderiaFerrari wrote:
So I just bought this game today... after a long while and GTA keeping me busy I was actually after the classic version and found it was sold out everywhere!!! I decided to go got the standard version and know that I can always download the classic content.

I have been playing 2012 too to get my fix :twisted:

Is there any tips or anything you guys would recommend before I start my championship on the weekend.

I reckon we should get a weekly race going and do time trials on various tracks!


What system do you play on?

_________________
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:57 am
Posts: 229
Robbo-92 wrote:
ScuderiaFerrari wrote:
So I just bought this game today... after a long while and GTA keeping me busy I was actually after the classic version and found it was sold out everywhere!!! I decided to go got the standard version and know that I can always download the classic content.

I have been playing 2012 too to get my fix :twisted:

Is there any tips or anything you guys would recommend before I start my championship on the weekend.

I reckon we should get a weekly race going and do time trials on various tracks!


What system do you play on?



Station of Play, version 3

_________________
Scuderia Ferrari


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Posts: 2033
Location: South Yorkshire
ScuderiaFerrari wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
ScuderiaFerrari wrote:
So I just bought this game today... after a long while and GTA keeping me busy I was actually after the classic version and found it was sold out everywhere!!! I decided to go got the standard version and know that I can always download the classic content.

I have been playing 2012 too to get my fix :twisted:

Is there any tips or anything you guys would recommend before I start my championship on the weekend.

I reckon we should get a weekly race going and do time trials on various tracks!


What system do you play on?


Station of Play, version 3


Me too, ever get chance to race online?

_________________
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 am
Posts: 1775
Well I'm 14 races through my first season on career (on legend) with 3 podiums and a race victory driving for Sauber. Now you'd think I'd have Red Bull and Mercedes banging on my door but guess what? I get contract offers from Caterham AND Marussia!

This has always been my annoyance with CM's series since F1 2010. Get rid of the freakin' qualifying/race objectives and replace them with a simple team mate challenge and an end of season target! Is it THAT difficult?!?!

_________________
#KeepFightingMichael


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Qart-Hadast
MistaVega23 wrote:
Well I'm 14 races through my first season on career (on legend) with 3 podiums and a race victory driving for Sauber. Now you'd think I'd have Red Bull and Mercedes banging on my door but guess what? I get contract offers from Caterham AND Marussia!

This has always been my annoyance with CM's series since F1 2010. Get rid of the freakin' qualifying/race objectives and replace them with a simple team mate challenge and an end of season target! Is it THAT difficult?!?!
But then we will be missing those wonderful cinematics of you and you engineering discussing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Posts: 2033
Location: South Yorkshire
MistaVega23 wrote:
Well I'm 14 races through my first season on career (on legend) with 3 podiums and a race victory driving for Sauber. Now you'd think I'd have Red Bull and Mercedes banging on my door but guess what? I get contract offers from Caterham AND Marussia!

This has always been my annoyance with CM's series since F1 2010. Get rid of the freakin' qualifying/race objectives and replace them with a simple team mate challenge and an end of season target! Is it THAT difficult?!?!


Yeah the objectives make you realise it's just a game, they remove any immersion, I have a good example.

In Spain, driving for Force India I knew I had a good car over one lap, but as every other race has shown the excessive tyre wear meant I was destined to do one more stop than the AI.
So my qualifying objective was 12, I put it in 6th for race day, now rather than have a sensible objective of 'score points' they instead gave me the objective of 'finish 4th' as that is the automatic objective of finish two places higher than you qualify.

As you said, they should have a team mate battle and a season objective such as finish 10th etc.
I sometimes wonder if Codemasters listen to their fans or not.

_________________
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 6244
Location: Mumbai, India
After reading the many mixed reviews / opinions of people here, am glad didn't buy the game yet. Too many glitches or irregularities.

It's the first time since 2010 that haven't bought a F1 game immediately after the release. F1 2012 is still there for my PS3 & was satisfied with the game.

Am pinning my hopes for the release of GT6. That series never dissapoints.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 am
Posts: 1775
UnlikeUday wrote:
After reading the many mixed reviews / opinions of people here, am glad didn't buy the game yet. Too many glitches or irregularities.

It's the first time since 2010 that haven't bought a F1 game immediately after the release. F1 2012 is still there for my PS3 & was satisfied with the game.

Am pinning my hopes for the release of GT6. That series never dissapoints.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but the irregularities have been there since F1 2010.

If they want to convey the 'be the driver, live the life' tag they sell the franchise on, then they seriously must get back to the drawing board for F1 2014. I was literally lying in bed last night (sad I know) thinking what I would want from an F1 game and it basically breaks down like this:

- After the intro (for some reason I imagined it being like a flashback of seasons past up to the present day - like an evolution of F1 cars and tracks with Chase & Status' 'Alive' as the music) you're presented with a menu. Nothing fancy just faded in/faded out shots of different circuits (kinda like GT5 with the cars) with options for Quick Race, Championship, Classics, Career, Time Trial and Online. The current menu in F1 2013 is the fairy cakes yet.
- I've gotten rid of Season Challenge and the YDT as they bring nothing to the series. Keep it simple, CM!
- Once you click on Career you're taken to a brand new menu where you can create your driver, with every apsect customisable, such as height, weight, facial features, hairstyle, sunglasses, type of cap and even a victory salute (finger optional) and a podium celebration (the Schumi leap!).
- We then move onto helmet designer. You have the option of either choosing from 10 default helmets, or you create your own (I know what I would choose). You can even choose your manufacturer (Bell, Schuberth, Arai, etc.)
- As soon as you're done creating your driver, you then have 6 teams to choose from: Caterham, Marussia, Toro Rosso, Force India, Williams or Sauber. Once you have chosen your team you can then freely place your team's sponsors onto your helmet. Sponsors at last! Job done!
- Now this is where CM should go with the series. Once you set up camp in your chosen team's motorhome, you're given your challenge for the season: beat your team mate and see if you can finish in front of the teams ahead of you. None of this qualify x and finish x crap. If you're trouncing your team mate by mid-season, whether you're in a Caterham or a Sauber, you WILL get offers from the big boys. Guaranteed.
- Media interviews should make a comeback, but with more questions and different outcomes pending on what kind of answers you give e.g. being controversial with your comments will not endear you to the teams, but if you perform on track then the fans will love you (like Kimi!). Be too nice and the teams will love you, but fail to perform on track and you'll find yourself looking for employment further down the grid.
- Once we're at Melbourne, you arrive to more media questions and then it's time for Friday Practice (the THREE sessions I might add!) and instead of sitting in the car like a toffee apple with your hands glued to the steering wheel, you're actually out of the car and able to navigate the same menus just standing next to your engineer (I'd have a different engineer for each of the teams).
- Once you're ready to go, the HUD would be a carbon copy of the LG timing used for the live TV feeds, even the position list on the top left.
- If you qualify in the top three you then get whisked off to the press conference (like in F1 2010) for some more questions.
- Once you're done with practice and qualifying, you then come to race day. Race day is be completely different to the rest of the real F1 weekend, and the game should reflect this. You start in the garage and have the option of driving to the grid, or you can skip this and go straight there. Once you're sat in the car in your grid slot (staring at the grid girl's donkey) you again have the same options to change your strategy, review the grid, weather information and team mate's performance.
- You again have the option of doing the formation lap or skipping straight to the race start. Either way, YOU HAVE THE OPTION.
- Once the lights go out, you race your nut off, but be sure to look after those tyres!
- Your engineer is far more detailed and doesn't talk bullshit. I actually imagined it being like the radio broadcasts in real F1.
- Depending on where you finish, you then drive the slow-down lap, waving to the crowd if need be, into parc fermé and straight into the media interviews or, if you managed a podium, straight upstairs to don your Pirelli cap!
- After the podium ceremony (complete with anthem) you're then whisked off to do the press conference. Then it's back to the motorhome and all the season info you need, complete with a shelf for your trophies!
- Then we fly off to the next race, rinse and repeat.
- If you manage to secure a drive with a higher team (or any team for that matter), there's the press conference where you're unveiled and the contract signed - and the new motorhome awaits!
- Also, the difference from starting with a back-of-the-grid team to ending up at Ferrari is noticable, such as the media interest (going from 4 or 5 journalists to a 20-strong media scrum), the number of flags with your name in the crowd and the amount of people around your car on the grid. Everything develops.


Now, I admit the above may be a tad far-fetched but, if you really think about it, how hard can that be to put that into a game? At least my idea actually makes you feel like an F1 driver, and not just a non-existing part of what should be an immersive and engaging game. An experience.

At least you won't get bored with doing more than one season and look forward to doing the next one - and as many as you like! (Not just five seasons)

If I think of anything else in bed tonight I'll update my post accordingly :)

_________________
#KeepFightingMichael


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Posts: 2033
Location: South Yorkshire
@MistaVega23, great suggestions for the game, those ideas are what the fans of the game have been wanting in the game since 2011 but Codemasters don't take any notice of what the fans of the game actually want, just what they want, it's sad that they produce the game for their own staff rather than the thousands of people who will actually purchase the game.

Worst thing is I don't imagine they will include any of this on the next generation of consoles either :(

_________________
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Qart-Hadast
@MistaVega23, I'm sorry but I wouldn't have much faith in codies, they've proven how lazy they can get when it comes to recycle cutscenes, facial textures and voice acting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 2013
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:57 am
Posts: 229
After a fortnight of playing I can say it has been a bit of a dissapointment. the graphics decreases on classic mode. Can not do a full race season on multi player. However they have made the car physics much better. the downforce on corners reflecting speed is amazing.

_________________
Scuderia Ferrari


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group