planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:01 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

should alonso leave ferrari for rbr seat in 2014?
yes 18%  18%  [ 21 ]
no 82%  82%  [ 95 ]
Total votes : 116
 Post subject: fernando leave ferrari
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:19 pm 

simple really fernando has to leave ferrari to win his 3rd wdc, that seat of webber's might be free in 2014! i know rbr go for toro roso drivers but maybe he can tell red bull he can bring 6 tenths? :) the only other team would be mclaren but he burnt bridges there.

Last edited by diablof1 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:21 pm 

Vettel is not leaving RedBull until RedBull drops out or newey leaves, so Alonso is not joining them.

Da Costa or one of the current TR pair will join up with Vettel.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:22 pm 

why is Alonso the only one who deserves another title? It took Schumi 5 seasons to win at Ferrari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 pm 

No.

Ciao Jules

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:23 pm 

Nah.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:24 pm 

Jomox wrote:
Vettel is not leaving RedBull until RedBull drops out or newey leaves, so Alonso is not joining them.

This. I would say Kimi is a possibility for the seat as well though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:27 pm 

Jomox wrote:

I wonder if we will see an intensive campaign from 'some drivers' suggesting that it is all the car and Seb would not be able to do it otherwise. Sort of pressure him into moving just to 'prove them wrong'?

There have been several quips along those lines this year.

If it does happen watch the drivers who are most vocal about it be at the front of the line to replace him

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:44 pm 

No way in hell... Alonso and Ferrari are like made for each other. They fit so well together, why would he leave..

They will get their championships together. It's just a matter of time

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:57 pm 

moby wrote:
Jomox wrote:

I wonder if we will see an intensive campaign from 'some drivers' suggesting that it is all the car and Seb would not be able to do it otherwise. Sort of pressure him into moving just to 'prove them wrong'?

If it does happen watch the drivers who are most vocal about it be at the front of the line to replace him

He's way too smart to care about that nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:59 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
moby wrote:
Jomox wrote:

He's way too smart to care about that nonsense.

At the moment, but wait for the drip feed to work

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:01 pm 

No.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:14 am 

While Fernando is undoubtedly an amazing driver, I do not believe RBR would want him. Fernando demands that a team be 100% focused on him and him alone. I do not believe that RBR would want to do that. McLaren tried to make it work with Alonso, but it was a disaster. For this reason, I am sure he will finish his career at Ferrari.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:18 am 

"Fernando demands that a team be 100% focused on him and him alone"

baloney.... this stuff just keeps popping up around here. over and over again...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:21 am 

F1nsider wrote:
No way in hell... Alonso and Ferrari are like made for each other. They fit so well together, why would he leave..

:thumbup: This

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:24 am 

Blake wrote:

baloney.... this stuff just keeps popping up around here. over and over again...

It is hardly controversial. The one team that wouldn't do things his way was McLaren and we all know how that ended. Ferrari and Fernando are a perfect match, they share the same philosophy so I think he'll stay unless there is some huge drama between them that ruins the relationship (not unimaginable).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:41 am 

The OP is presuming that Red Bull will still be the team to go despite the rule changes in 2014 and on top of that presuming that Vettel will leave them. That's too much to presume IMO. Sure, Alonso can replace Webber and partner Vettel but then a better question would be why would Red Bull want to pair Vettel with Alonso. Vettel has shown in 3 years out of 4 that he's good enough for them to win the WDC and Webber has shown that a decent driver is good enough for them to win the WCC. Alonso is too expensive and brings a lot of baggage for a replacement for Webber.

The ironic thing would be if Vettel and Alonso swap seats and Ferrari gets it right while Red Bull doesn't and Vettel ends up with another title at Alonso's expense. It's too much to even imagine that kind of scenario.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:41 am 

Alonso narrowly missed out on winning the WDC by four points or less twice since 2010. Given this track record, he'd have a better shot winning WDC #3 with Ferrari.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:20 am 

Alonso going to RBR will make another mclaren 2007 scene!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:55 am 

I think if Vettel goes to Ferrari Alonso will go to Red Bull he's making the same type of comment Lewis was last season in terms of frustration at not being able to compete with Newey's design, read this interesting comment earlier.
http://www.f1reader.com/news/alonso-or- ... ttel-63558

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 am 

Imagine Alonso at RedBull with Newey and Vettel wins the WDC with Ferrari.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:26 pm 

El_Chuzalongo wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:38 pm 

diablof1 wrote:
simple really fernando has to leave ferrari to win his 3rd wdc, that seat of webber's might be free in 2014! i know rbr go for toro roso drivers but maybe he can tell red bull he can bring 6 tenths? :) the only other team would be mclaren but he burnt bridges there.

This forum cracks me up. You start a poll, then offer a completely misguided and biassed opinion as fact just slipped in there.
There is nothing saying that Alonso can't win the 2013 championship in a Ferrari. Yes, RB do look like the stronger team, but Alonso was SO VERY CLOSE to winning it this year.

Please stop stating your opinions as fact your biased arrogant fool.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:09 pm 

Blake wrote:

Have you got any evidence that suggests otherwise?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:15 pm 

Gaz wrote:
Blake wrote:

Have you got any evidence that suggests otherwise?

Have you got any evidence to support the original statement? The burden of proof should be on the the first person who asserts he demands the focus, not on anyone else to prove he didn't say it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:20 pm 

There's no way he'll leave Ferrari, for a start there's no where to go and secondly he's very nearly won the title twice there in the last three seasons which is closer than any one else has got to Vettel so Red Bull is the only truely better option for him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:27 pm 

He won't leave a team that will give him #1, he's at the best possible place atm. It's not like the cars he gets are dogs either.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:38 pm 

Neither Alonso nor Raikkonen will go to Red Bull.

They'll replace Webber with a youngster just like they replaced DC with Vettel.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:55 pm 

He has been unlucky but in three years with Ferrari, he's been in contention till the last race in two of those years.

It's not like he's been languishing in the midfield.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:00 pm 

No. Unless his bank runs dry.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:16 pm 

az1 wrote:
While Fernando is undoubtedly an amazing driver, I do not believe RBR would want him. Fernando demands that a team be 100% focused on him and him alone. I do not believe that RBR would want to do that. McLaren tried to make it work with Alonso, but it was a disaster. For this reason, I am sure he will finish his career at Ferrari.

You are wrong, the RB boss, already said that if Vettel leaves, there is nothing that stops HAM or ALO to go to RB.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:24 pm 

deleted... never mind, it is not worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:25 pm 

Yeah he'll leave.

Into retirement.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:31 pm 

Robot wrote:
az1 wrote:

You are wrong, the RB boss, already said that if Vettel leaves, there is nothing that stops HAM or ALO to go to RB.

He actually said it just days ago. But he'll only do it if/when Vettel leaves.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:35 pm 

I don't think Fernando will settle until he wins title number 3- at Ferrari. He's jumped ship a couple of times before but i don't see him doing it again. If Ferrari can get their sh*t together, he can bring it home next season

Also, with all the reg changes in 2014, how competitive will Red Bull be? I wouldn't bet against them but it's no guarntee they will be in a better position than Ferrari

Keep Fighting Michael

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:33 pm 

AngreetRoll wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

This forum cracks me up. You start a poll, then offer a completely misguided and biassed opinion as fact just slipped in there.
There is nothing saying that Alonso can't win the 2013 championship in a Ferrari. Yes, RB do look like the stronger team, but Alonso was SO VERY CLOSE to winning it this year.

Please stop stating your opinions as fact your biased arrogant fool.

when i said "simple really fernando has to leave ferrari to win his 3rd wdc" that was my opinion not a fact. i made this poll to see what other members answer would be to my question. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:36 pm 

F1nsider wrote:

lets watch this space ... me thinks theres enough bad karma there ..... its never going to happen

once you go in 15 points ahead of vettel and still dont win.... and the next time vettel gets slammed in the first lap , is dead last and still no go.

theres a message there ....

he took the message quick enough at mclaren ... maybe he does need to go to redbull.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:38 pm 

Lt. Drebin wrote:
El_Chuzalongo wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
its happened to him before ...he chose to go to mclaren signing for mclaren in 2005 paving the way for kimi's WDC at ferrari and then left mclaren clearing the way for hammi 2008... that would be icing on the cake... vettel winning at ferrari.

Last edited by carlysronnin on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:40 pm 

carlysronnin wrote:
Lt. Drebin wrote:
El_Chuzalongo wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I had to clean my screen after that! :lol:

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:59 pm 

I think if Fernando can't win another championship with Ferrari he will retire. Based solely on his statements and demeanor, I think Fernando sees the only remaining challenge for him as winning WITH Ferrari. He wants to get the job done. Sometimes I wonder if he even enjoys racing anymore, or just enjoys the fight.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:09 am 

ashley313 wrote:
I think if Fernando can't win another championship with Ferrari he will retire. Based solely on his statements and demeanor, I think Fernando sees the only remaining challenge for him as winning WITH Ferrari. He wants to get the job done. Sometimes I wonder if he even enjoys racing anymore, or just enjoys the fight.

Just like any other driver he just wants to win no matter with whom

He said McLaren was his dream team, and spoke fairy cakes of Ferrari in his Renault days, then he said it is his dream team after he was shown the door with McLaren..

Drivers want to win, and especially drivers like Fernando have shown that they will do anything to win