planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:26 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic

Driver(s) of the day was / were:-
1. Lewis Hamilton 13%  13%  [ 23 ]
2. Valtteri Bottas 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
3. Sebastian Vettel 19%  19%  [ 34 ]
4. Kimi Raikkonen 22%  22%  [ 41 ]
5. Daniel Ricciardo 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
6. Max Verstappen 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
7. Sergio Perez 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
8. Esteban Ocon 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
9. Felipe Massa 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
10. Lance Stroll 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
11. Fernando Alonso 33%  33%  [ 60 ]
12. Stoffel Vandoorne 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
13. Carlos Sainz 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
14. Daniil Kvyat 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
15. Romain Grosjean 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
16. Kevin Magnussen 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
17. Nico Hulkenberg 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
18. Jolyon Palmer 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
19. Marcus Ericsson 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
20. Pascal Wehrein 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 183
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 5183
Location: Mumbai, India
For me,

Vettel, Alonso.

Special mention to Hulk & Di Resta.

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 10734
Vettel, Raikkonen, Hamilton.

_________________
Go Vandoorne - Verstappen - Vettel!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:49 am
Posts: 811
Vettel was 'allowed' to keep his spot - and if Hamilton had managed to get Kimi - he'd have won I suspect - so brinksmanship from Ferrari - but if it had been Kimi ahead, the team would have told him to give way.

Alonso clearly the best drive of the day given the car he had - and Di Resta - an honourable mention as a good job with no car running till qualifying


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:04 am
Posts: 1247
Alonso and Kimi.

Hard to pick a 3rd person - Lewis had a good race, as did the Force India guys - Verstappen was super quick but Lap 1 was dumb and cost him the win


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:27 am
Posts: 434
I choose Hamilton this time for being the real gentleman. He really didn't need to give his podium back to Bottas as he's the team's lead driver. But he did. He's also very quick, I don't know who's faster between him and Raikkonen at the second stint when Vettel got the steering problem, but surely he and Raikkonen are the two fastest.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:05 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 12299
Clearly Alonso


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 28
Alonso and Hamilton.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 2:04 pm
Posts: 1602
Alonso - great result, the only real on-track overtaking of the whole race (at least from what TV broadcast showed), fastest lap

Sainz looked mightily better than his teammate as well.

Ferrari dominant - Vettel's technical problems making it close and TO / supersubmissive Räikkönen plus track charcteristics saved his victory

Disappointing:
Verstappen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 5183
Location: Mumbai, India
ferdinand wrote:
I choose Hamilton this time for being the real gentleman. He really didn't need to give his podium back to Bottas as he's the team's lead driver. But he did. He's also very quick, I don't know who's faster between him and Raikkonen at the second stint when Vettel got the steering problem, but surely he and Raikkonen are the two fastest.


As in being no. 1 driver in the team or being the top Mercedes driver in the points table?

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:27 am
Posts: 434
UnlikeUday wrote:
ferdinand wrote:
I choose Hamilton this time for being the real gentleman. He really didn't need to give his podium back to Bottas as he's the team's lead driver. But he did. He's also very quick, I don't know who's faster between him and Raikkonen at the second stint when Vettel got the steering problem, but surely he and Raikkonen are the two fastest.


As in being no. 1 driver in the team or being the top Mercedes driver in the points table?

As the one who has more points in the standings of course, their point difference is almost one win vs one DNF actually. Besides, Hamilton is quicker today.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:12 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 6720
Alonso, Sainz for brilliant drives and also Hamilton for a solid drive and great sportsmanship at the end there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:03 pm
Posts: 1232
Vettel - Hanging on for such a long time with technical issues.
Kimi - Probably the fastest all race. I think would have won at a track where it is even marginally more possible to overtake or with more potential for aggression.
Alonso - Alonso.

_________________
===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶===


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 12:49 pm
Posts: 685
It would have been Alonso had Vettel not had car issues, and as it stand I`d go for...

Vettel - under constant pressure due to the screwed up steering wheel which affected his pace, he still never set a foot wrong and conducted a flawless race.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:04 am
Posts: 1774
Vettel for keeping calm and manage the issue without putting foot wrong.

Bottas for letting Hamilton past. A seasoned driver wouldnt have done that when he was in championship.

Hamilton for playing fair and give back the place. He couldnt really make any impression on Ferraris in the end, but fair play to him.

Alonso...........Because that epic :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:04 pm
Posts: 683
2017 F1 driver standings

Carlos Sainz 35 pts
Daniil Kvyat 4 pts

But of course nobody cares about the spanish guy.. Let's vote for the usual suspects.
So Sainz for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:31 am
Posts: 1615
Vettel for nursing that car. Easily driver of the day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 5838
Location: Nebraska, USA
I think you could nominate several drivers for the Driver of the Day.... Alonso for his finish (the Fastest lap doesn't have much meaning to me), Lewis for doing what was right in addition to driving well, Kimi for a fine drive and doing his job, and Vettel for winning despite his mechanical troubles and somehow not destroying his tires given the steering issue.

I can't argue with someone choosing any of the above. Personally, I went with Vettel.... and two others.
;)

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:59 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 12299
Pullrod wrote:
2017 F1 driver standings

Carlos Sainz 35 pts
Daniil Kvyat 4 pts

But of course nobody cares about the spanish guy.. Let's vote for the usual suspects.
So Sainz for me.


Sainz delibrately drove the other Spanish guy off the track in the early stages off the race. In my view that poor would driving disqualifies him from any discussion about DOTD.

This driving off the track is becoming ridiculous. Bottas did it to Verstappen, Sainz did it to Alonso and Magnussen did it to Hulkenberg.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 20912
Pullrod wrote:
2017 F1 driver standings

Carlos Sainz 35 pts
Daniil Kvyat 4 pts

But of course nobody cares about the spanish guy.. Let's vote for the usual suspects.
So Sainz for me.

What does his nationality have to do with anything? Come to think of it, what do the WDC standings have to do with Driver of the Day?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:56 pm
Posts: 858
mikeyg123 wrote:
This driving off the track is becoming ridiculous. Bottas did it to Verstappen, Sainz did it to Alonso and Magnussen did it to Hulkenberg.


It is becoming a pattern that running somebody off the track is entirely permissible while making mistakes is a lottery in terms of penalties.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:04 pm
Posts: 683
mikeyg123 wrote:
Pullrod wrote:
2017 F1 driver standings

Carlos Sainz 35 pts
Daniil Kvyat 4 pts

But of course nobody cares about the spanish guy.. Let's vote for the usual suspects.
So Sainz for me.


Sainz delibrately drove the other Spanish guy off the track in the early stages off the race. In my view that poor would driving disqualifies him from any discussion about DOTD.

This driving off the track is becoming ridiculous. Bottas did it to Verstappen, Sainz did it to Alonso and Magnussen did it to Hulkenberg.


This same guy who was playing bumper cars in Austin last year but was highly rated after the race?
All I see are double standards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:27 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 12299
Pullrod wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Pullrod wrote:
2017 F1 driver standings

Carlos Sainz 35 pts
Daniil Kvyat 4 pts

But of course nobody cares about the spanish guy.. Let's vote for the usual suspects.
So Sainz for me.


Sainz delibrately drove the other Spanish guy off the track in the early stages off the race. In my view that poor would driving disqualifies him from any discussion about DOTD.

This driving off the track is becoming ridiculous. Bottas did it to Verstappen, Sainz did it to Alonso and Magnussen did it to Hulkenberg.


This same guy who was playing bumper cars in Austin last year but was highly rated after the race?
All I see are double standards.


I don't recall Alonso driving anyone off the track in Austin last year? If it happened then it shouldn't have done. Sainz isn't the only driver to ever do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 2512
Vettel and Alonso.
Idiot driver of the day: Max

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 7:11 pm
Posts: 494
Alonso, Kimi and Vettel. Alonso was the benchmark today. Kimi would have won if it was anyone other than Vettel struggling at the front. Vettel for driving well under pressure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 7:11 pm
Posts: 494
Mr-E wrote:
Vettel and Alonso.
Idiot driver of the day: Max


That's unfair. Max was racing hard and certainly didn't do much wrong. Racing incident for me. Not a lot different to Bottas in Baku.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 2512
Laz_T800 wrote:
Mr-E wrote:
Vettel and Alonso.
Idiot driver of the day: Max


That's unfair. Max was racing hard and certainly didn't do much wrong. Racing incident for me. Not a lot different to Bottas in Baku.


Didn't do much wrong? He made a mistake that cost his team mate the race, him a podium and his team good points. At the very first lap. After just in a meeting with the team having agreed that the golden nr 1 rule is not making contact with your team mate in corner 1 and 2.
I understand he is a racer and a fantastic talent, but he needs to think one step further in some cases. I respect him for owning up to it though and apologizing.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 pm
Posts: 1110
I saw three drivers who did not put a foot wrong, and thus drivers like Bottas and Hamilton did not qualify for driver of the day. Hamilton got out-raced by Ricciardo and Verstappen at the start, he stumbled out of the blocks. And when Bottas gave up position to Hamilton, for the next few laps he completely lost the plot, and time.

So that leaves Vettel and Raikkonen, they were stellar today.

But Alonso was definitely driver of the day, fighting hard and once again proving he belongs on the list of "best driver".

Gauged as a driver Hamilton could have had a better race. But unquestionably, he rightly earned the "Gentleman of the Day" with great honor, dignity, and a standing applause.

Driver of the day, Alonso.

Man of the day, Hamilton.


And sitting in the shame corner, facing the wall with his dunce cap and holding the "Dumbass" trophy was the Blunderkid Verstappen.

_________________
Only dogs, mothers, and quality undergarments give unconditional support.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:02 pm
Posts: 138
ReservoirDog wrote:
Vettel for nursing that car. Easily driver of the day.



I'm stunned at how little credit Vettel seems to be getting for dominating the weekend while also very visibly nursing a serious car issue for most of the race.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 4415
Location: Michigan, USA
Sevenfest wrote:
Alonso and Kimi.

Hard to pick a 3rd person - Lewis had a good race, as did the Force India guys - Verstappen was super quick but Lap 1 was dumb and cost him the win

This pretty much sums it up for me, as well. I picked Lewis for #3 - his pace in the middle was mighty.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2017: Don't Ask| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
Wins: 3 | Podiums: 11

PF1 Top Three Constructor's Championship
2015 (No Limit Excedrin Racing): CHAMPIONS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 pm
Posts: 1110
Exediron wrote:
Sevenfest wrote:
Alonso and Kimi.

Hard to pick a 3rd person - Lewis had a good race, as did the Force India guys - Verstappen was super quick but Lap 1 was dumb and cost him the win

This pretty much sums it up for me, as well. I picked Lewis for #3 - his pace in the middle was mighty.


If your selection was based in who had the strongest pace in the middle of the race, then Verstappen must be considered.

_________________
Only dogs, mothers, and quality undergarments give unconditional support.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:45 am
Posts: 508
Location: Michigan, USA
Kimi and Alonso stood out the most to me, so I chose not to vote for a third this time.

_________________
Top Three: 5 wins, 17 podiums | 2016: 9th [6th] | 2017: 16th [6th]
Pick 10: 1 win, 4 podiums | 2016: 22nd | 2017: 23rd
F1 Oracle: 5 wins | 2016: 6th | 2017: 6th
Group Pick'em: 2 wins, 5 podiums | 2016: 14th | 2017: 12th


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 4415
Location: Michigan, USA
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Exediron wrote:
Sevenfest wrote:
Alonso and Kimi.

Hard to pick a 3rd person - Lewis had a good race, as did the Force India guys - Verstappen was super quick but Lap 1 was dumb and cost him the win

This pretty much sums it up for me, as well. I picked Lewis for #3 - his pace in the middle was mighty.

If your selection was based in who had the strongest pace in the middle of the race, then Verstappen must be considered.

He was indeed considered, as in the post I quoted. I discounted him for the same reason.

Sevenfest wrote:
Verstappen was super quick but Lap 1 was dumb and cost him the win

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2017: Don't Ask| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
Wins: 3 | Podiums: 11

PF1 Top Three Constructor's Championship
2015 (No Limit Excedrin Racing): CHAMPIONS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 9685
Location: Ireland
I'm split between Vettel and Alonso

Vettel had his mechanical issue and managed the pace effectively throughout, making his win that much more impressive. But he also had his teammate as a buffer from any challenges coming from behind, Kimi was never going to stick one down the inside

Alonso was at his very best again today - best possible result, that overtake on Sainz and a fastest lap for fun. I think the Sainz overtake seals the vote for me

Honourable mention to Kimi for fulfilling the ideal buffer role and to Perez for turning his weekend around

_________________
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost



FA#14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:01 pm
Posts: 10
Hamilton.

A slightly odd choice in so much as his race itself was nothing spectacular with him being unable, perhaps understandably given the nature of the circuit and latest generation of cars, to make any impact ahead of him. However, his honourable intentions as regards to maintaining track position for the benefit of the team, whilst at his own personal expense, was a very rare sight indeed and one that should be commended.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:19 am
Posts: 713
Michael Brierley wrote:
Hamilton.

A slightly odd choice in so much as his race itself was nothing spectacular with him being unable, perhaps understandably given the nature of the circuit and latest generation of cars, to make any impact ahead of him. However, his honourable intentions as regards to maintaining track position for the benefit of the team, whilst at his own personal expense, was a very rare sight indeed and one that should be commended.


You must be kidding right? As soon the radio got back he asked to be let through, team told him to give the place back, not " his honourable intentions " : )


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:01 pm
Posts: 10
The team did indeed give Hamilton a number of laps to make the pass, prior to them being switched again.

It is also true that Hamilton made little impact on Raikkonen ahead but the amount of pace he appeared to show, in comparison with Bottas, did briefly put Ferrari under threat. The impending arrival of Verstappen didn’t exactly help matters either and had the potential to expose him to even more trouble from behind.

It is of course entirely right that Hamilton should follow team orders and give the place back but for a title contender, given the above, to do so and not make a big fuss about it says a great deal.

If this situation, in a similar scenario, has ever occurred in the past then it must be a rare event and even rarer for one to comply. It is only the issue of whether or not Bottas is also a true title contender, something that isn’t clear cut, which has made it into a intriguing little sideline.

This is what was honourable about the matter.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Black_Flag_11, mikeyg123, owenmahamilton and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group