planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:45 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:22 pm
Posts: 1702
Herb wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Exediron wrote:

Yes, Hispanics are considered to be white in that data set, I believe. They certainly are under the census data.


Impossible. How could the government have any idea about Hispanic demographics if they were lumped into the white population? I have never, EVER seen any racial survey that did not have a specific entry for Hispanics.


Don't say impossible when you have zero idea on the subject. I've worked in these kind of stats for years. It depends on the level they are reporting it.

At a high level, there is not always (or even usually) an Hispanic ethnicity. They will be included in the other categories.

On a more detailed level, then they may be included as Hispanic White, Hispanic Black etc.


Exactly. It's very easy to have 101 categories, but then report on 1, 2 or 3 buckets depending on which level of detail they want to show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:04 pm
Posts: 1618
Herb wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Exediron wrote:

Yes, Hispanics are considered to be white in that data set, I believe. They certainly are under the census data.


Impossible. How could the government have any idea about Hispanic demographics if they were lumped into the white population? I have never, EVER seen any racial survey that did not have a specific entry for Hispanics.


Don't say impossible when you have zero idea on the subject. I've worked in these kind of stats for years. It depends on the level they are reporting it.

At a high level, there is not always (or even usually) an Hispanic ethnicity. They will be included in the other categories.

On a more detailed level, then they may be included as Hispanic White, Hispanic Black etc.


So you are saying they do collect the information but dont report it. Wonderful.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:22 pm
Posts: 1702
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Herb wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Exediron wrote:

Yes, Hispanics are considered to be white in that data set, I believe. They certainly are under the census data.


Impossible. How could the government have any idea about Hispanic demographics if they were lumped into the white population? I have never, EVER seen any racial survey that did not have a specific entry for Hispanics.


Don't say impossible when you have zero idea on the subject. I've worked in these kind of stats for years. It depends on the level they are reporting it.

At a high level, there is not always (or even usually) an Hispanic ethnicity. They will be included in the other categories.

On a more detailed level, then they may be included as Hispanic White, Hispanic Black etc.


So you are saying they do collect the information but dont report it. Wonderful.


What is so odd with this?

There are various collection methods, from various people, with various outputs. They all provide the same conclusions.

Some will collect different details. Some will collect really complex details but show summarized views. Some will provide multiple different reports/views, based on whoever/wherever they want to show it. There is nothing strange about any of this.

You seem to be making out that Hispanics are bundled in with Whites in every report, everywhere. It takes around 10 seconds to find very similar numbers to what was published, but split by White & Hispanic. Even the same bodies are showing results from the same data but in different ways.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 pm
Posts: 1829
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Herb wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Exediron wrote:

Yes, Hispanics are considered to be white in that data set, I believe. They certainly are under the census data.


Impossible. How could the government have any idea about Hispanic demographics if they were lumped into the white population? I have never, EVER seen any racial survey that did not have a specific entry for Hispanics.


Don't say impossible when you have zero idea on the subject. I've worked in these kind of stats for years. It depends on the level they are reporting it.

At a high level, there is not always (or even usually) an Hispanic ethnicity. They will be included in the other categories.

On a more detailed level, then they may be included as Hispanic White, Hispanic Black etc.


So you are saying they do collect the information but dont report it. Wonderful.


Data is collected and aggregated for reports all the time. Standard practice.

_________________
Group Pick 'Em 2016 Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 pm
Posts: 1135
The position "My nation is so freaking good" is a fallacy, as stated, each nation has dirty laundry.

But who gets to decided who's in the wrong, and who gets to decide that any nation's people should not benefit from international outreach programs? No one bats an eye when the Red Cross go in, but for the FIA to support local level events?

Be it the Red Cross, FIA, or FIFA, when any international outreach program is designed to ease the burden of the ordinary citizen in a time of distress, that is a good thing. So it's OK to just crap on any Syrians just because of who they are?

_________________
Only dogs, mothers, and quality undergarments give unconditional support.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 12374
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Exediron wrote:

Yes, Hispanics are considered to be white in that data set, I believe. They certainly are under the census data.


Impossible. How could the government have any idea about Hispanic demographics if they were lumped into the white population? I have never, EVER seen any racial survey that did not have a specific entry for Hispanics.


Ridiculous.

Seeing as hispanic is not a race it would be absurd to separate them from the other white people in America originating from Europe on the grounds of race.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:38 pm
Posts: 1583
Location: Miami, Florida
Exediron wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how quickly people run to google stuff just to make themselves look superiorly informed via posting whatever the first thing they find in their search results. Did you even think to question your findings thoroughly before running to post that??!??

Simple math would tell you that info is more than questionable.

So looking at data from two USA federal government sources is 'running to Google' now? Did you even bother to look at my sources before crying 'Google!"?

I certainly did look at the findings before posting them, and they broadly fit with what I believe and have read from numerous sources. What's the supposedly simple math that would debunk the published reports of the actual government?

What never ceases to amaze me is how certain people willfully ignore any facts that don't fit with their opinion.

mikeyg123 wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
These numbers cannot be right. Where are the Hispanics? The above percentages add up to 97.2% and the Hispanic population exceeds the black.

Wouldn't the hispanic's be in accounted for in the "white" stats?

Yes, Hispanics are considered to be white in that data set, I believe. They certainly are under the census data.


Unless you have the complete census compendiums, you found those sources via Google, regardless of what site you arrived at to obtain said "information".
If you'd think to question your findings before championing them, you'd realize the math doesn't ADD up. THIS is what's wrong with society these days and Eminem summed this "movement" up best…

"I sit in front of my computer all day and comment on everything, I'm an expert on everything".

I see things written and the first thing I think about is, does this make sense? and then set out to check these so called facts and statistical "findings" and more often than not, enough of the "facts" substantiating said findings are inaccurate. What's more alarming is that although someone points out flaws in said "findings" others set out to seek answers and upon finding the exact same information, back that person/information up, themselves never stopping to question the validity/accuracy of the information obtained.


Getting back to the Blacks being incarcerated for petty crimes… We just endured Hurricane Irma this past weekend and the news was airing footage of looting and wouldn't you know, of the hundreds of people breaking into and stealing merchandise from stores, only ONE was not black. I'm sure there were other non-black people partaking in the action, but they were ludicrously in the minority. People broke into Walmarts to steal CHEAP TV's and into footlockers to steal sneakers. Just deplorable and despicable behavior in a time where EVERYONE suffered the wrath of the storm. If you ask me, every one of those degenerates deserves to be locked up in cages because if you want to act like a wild animal, you should be treated like one.

Even sadder, a local independent paper published an article justifying and excusing the looting for the dumbest of reasons, whilst stating stores have insurance to cover the damages so get over it! 8O
THIS is what this world has come to and it's sad, so, so very sad.

_________________
HAMILTON :: VETTEL :: ROSBERG :: RAIKKONEN :: VERSTAPPEN :: SAINZ :: MASSA :: BOTTAS :: NASR
ALONSO :: BUTTON :: PEREZ :: RICCIARDO :: GROSJEAN :: KVYAT :: HULKENBERG :: MALDONADO
THE REST… THERE ARE FAR BETTER DRIVERS THAT SHOULD BE IN FORMULA 1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:04 pm
Posts: 1618
Herb wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Herb wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Exediron wrote:

Yes, Hispanics are considered to be white in that data set, I believe. They certainly are under the census data.


Impossible. How could the government have any idea about Hispanic demographics if they were lumped into the white population? I have never, EVER seen any racial survey that did not have a specific entry for Hispanics.


Don't say impossible when you have zero idea on the subject. I've worked in these kind of stats for years. It depends on the level they are reporting it.

At a high level, there is not always (or even usually) an Hispanic ethnicity. They will be included in the other categories.

On a more detailed level, then they may be included as Hispanic White, Hispanic Black etc.


So you are saying they do collect the information but dont report it. Wonderful.


Data is collected and aggregated for reports all the time. Standard practice.


What is the hispanic population in the US prison system?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:04 pm
Posts: 1618
mikeyg123 wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Exediron wrote:

Yes, Hispanics are considered to be white in that data set, I believe. They certainly are under the census data.


Impossible. How could the government have any idea about Hispanic demographics if they were lumped into the white population? I have never, EVER seen any racial survey that did not have a specific entry for Hispanics.


Ridiculous.

Seeing as hispanic is not a race it would be absurd to separate them from the other white people in America originating from Europe on the grounds of race.


It's done all the time on racial surveys across the USA. My university application, my mortgage application, my job application all had the category "Hispanic" as a box that could be checked.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:04 pm
Posts: 1618
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
The position "My nation is so freaking good" is a fallacy, as stated, each nation has dirty laundry.

But who gets to decided who's in the wrong, and who gets to decide that any nation's people should not benefit from international outreach programs? No one bats an eye when the Red Cross go in, but for the FIA to support local level events?

Be it the Red Cross, FIA, or FIFA, when any international outreach program is designed to ease the burden of the ordinary citizen in a time of distress, that is a good thing. So it's OK to just crap on any Syrians just because of who they are?


The FIA funneled money into the Syrian government. Apparently you are OK with that. I'm sure none of that money was used for nefarious reasons.

Got it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:38 pm
Posts: 1583
Location: Miami, Florida
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Herb wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Exediron wrote:

Yes, Hispanics are considered to be white in that data set, I believe. They certainly are under the census data.


Impossible. How could the government have any idea about Hispanic demographics if they were lumped into the white population? I have never, EVER seen any racial survey that did not have a specific entry for Hispanics.


Don't say impossible when you have zero idea on the subject. I've worked in these kind of stats for years. It depends on the level they are reporting it.

At a high level, there is not always (or even usually) an Hispanic ethnicity. They will be included in the other categories.

On a more detailed level, then they may be included as Hispanic White, Hispanic Black etc.


So you are saying they do collect the information but dont report it. Wonderful.

BINGO! ;)

This is precisely WHY the "stats" don't add up.

_________________
HAMILTON :: VETTEL :: ROSBERG :: RAIKKONEN :: VERSTAPPEN :: SAINZ :: MASSA :: BOTTAS :: NASR
ALONSO :: BUTTON :: PEREZ :: RICCIARDO :: GROSJEAN :: KVYAT :: HULKENBERG :: MALDONADO
THE REST… THERE ARE FAR BETTER DRIVERS THAT SHOULD BE IN FORMULA 1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 pm
Posts: 1135
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
The position "My nation is so freaking good" is a fallacy, as stated, each nation has dirty laundry.

But who gets to decided who's in the wrong, and who gets to decide that any nation's people should not benefit from international outreach programs? No one bats an eye when the Red Cross go in, but for the FIA to support local level events?

Be it the Red Cross, FIA, or FIFA, when any international outreach program is designed to ease the burden of the ordinary citizen in a time of distress, that is a good thing. So it's OK to just crap on any Syrians just because of who they are?


The FIA funneled money into the Syrian government. Apparently you are OK with that. I'm sure none of that money was used for nefarious reasons.

Got it.


No, I am not OK with FIA funds finding their way into the pockets of Syrian government officials. I never stated or supported that, please do not misrepresent me.

_________________
Only dogs, mothers, and quality undergarments give unconditional support.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:04 pm
Posts: 1618
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
The position "My nation is so freaking good" is a fallacy, as stated, each nation has dirty laundry.

But who gets to decided who's in the wrong, and who gets to decide that any nation's people should not benefit from international outreach programs? No one bats an eye when the Red Cross go in, but for the FIA to support local level events?

Be it the Red Cross, FIA, or FIFA, when any international outreach program is designed to ease the burden of the ordinary citizen in a time of distress, that is a good thing. So it's OK to just crap on any Syrians just because of who they are?


The FIA funneled money into the Syrian government. Apparently you are OK with that. I'm sure none of that money was used for nefarious reasons.

Got it.


No, I am not OK with FIA funds finding their way into the pockets of Syrian government officials. I never stated or supported that, please do not misrepresent me.


You do realize that it is impossible for the FIA to operate in any capacity in Syria without going through the Assad government, right?

Knowing this, you cannot in anyway support the FIA in Syria.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 4549
Location: Michigan, USA
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
Unless you have the complete census compendiums, you found those sources via Google, regardless of what site you arrived at to obtain said "information".
If you'd think to question your findings before championing them, you'd realize the math doesn't ADD up. THIS is what's wrong with society these days and Eminem summed this "movement" up best…

"I sit in front of my computer all day and comment on everything, I'm an expert on everything".

I see things written and the first thing I think about is, does this make sense? and then set out to check these so called facts and statistical "findings" and more often than not, enough of the "facts" substantiating said findings are inaccurate. What's more alarming is that although someone points out flaws in said "findings" others set out to seek answers and upon finding the exact same information, back that person/information up, themselves never stopping to question the validity/accuracy of the information obtained.

I've looked at census data before, and I don't need Google to type census.gov in my browser. For the bureau of prisons, I admit I did type 'federal bureau of prisons' into a search, because I'd never been to the site before. But looking at two sources of data that should be above claims of bogus data is not the same thing as giving a wild Google search and pulling the first result that fits my narrative. If the prison data had somehow not confirmed what I thought, I would have made a post admitting that you have a point instead. It did, however, much to my lack of surprise.

You keep saying the numbers don't add up, but without any explanation of what you mean by that it's just so much noise. The numbers do add up; the data from the BoP adds up to 100.1% (which is due to rounding) and the number on the census add up to 97.2% (the other 2.8% being mixed race and pacific islanders). The 'white' number has been explained to encompass Hispanics already, so where do you see the hole in the statistics?

Either way, your original assertion was that the 'vast majority' of inmates in US prisons are white. The US government says you're wrong. What do you have, aside from your own opinion - and I'm pretty sure you're in advertising, not the prison industry, so that doesn't make you any more an expert than me - to make that claim? If you just spit out dubious claims with full confidence and attack anyone who brings data to their argument, you're no better than Trump.

F1 MERCENARY wrote:
Getting back to the Blacks being incarcerated for petty crimes… We just endured Hurricane Irma this past weekend and the news was airing footage of looting and wouldn't you know, of the hundreds of people breaking into and stealing merchandise from stores, only ONE was not black. I'm sure there were other non-black people partaking in the action, but they were ludicrously in the minority. People broke into Walmarts to steal CHEAP TV's and into footlockers to steal sneakers. Just deplorable and despicable behavior in a time where EVERYONE suffered the wrath of the storm. If you ask me, every one of those degenerates deserves to be locked up in cages because if you want to act like a wild animal, you should be treated like one.

Even sadder, a local independent paper published an article justifying and excusing the looting for the dumbest of reasons, whilst stating stores have insurance to cover the damages so get over it! 8O
THIS is what this world has come to and it's sad, so, so very sad.

Yes, and those blacks may have deserved to go to prison for it. But even so, there's ample reason to assume they would get a harsher sentence for the exact same action as a white looter.

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #3)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:38 pm
Posts: 1583
Location: Miami, Florida
Exediron wrote:
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
Unless you have the complete census compendiums, you found those sources via Google, regardless of what site you arrived at to obtain said "information".
If you'd think to question your findings before championing them, you'd realize the math doesn't ADD up. THIS is what's wrong with society these days and Eminem summed this "movement" up best…

"I sit in front of my computer all day and comment on everything, I'm an expert on everything".

I see things written and the first thing I think about is, does this make sense? and then set out to check these so called facts and statistical "findings" and more often than not, enough of the "facts" substantiating said findings are inaccurate. What's more alarming is that although someone points out flaws in said "findings" others set out to seek answers and upon finding the exact same information, back that person/information up, themselves never stopping to question the validity/accuracy of the information obtained.

I've looked at census data before, and I don't need Google to type census.gov in my browser. For the bureau of prisons, I admit I did type 'federal bureau of prisons' into a search, because I'd never been to the site before. But looking at two sources of data that should be above claims of bogus data is not the same thing as giving a wild Google search and pulling the first result that fits my narrative. If the prison data had somehow not confirmed what I thought, I would have made a post admitting that you have a point instead. It did, however, much to my lack of surprise.

You keep saying the numbers don't add up, but without any explanation of what you mean by that it's just so much noise. The numbers do add up; the data from the BoP adds up to 100.1% (which is due to rounding) and the number on the census add up to 97.2% (the other 2.8% being mixed race and pacific islanders). The 'white' number has been explained to encompass Hispanics already, so where do you see the hole in the statistics?

Either way, your original assertion was that the 'vast majority' of inmates in US prisons are white. The US government says you're wrong. What do you have, aside from your own opinion - and I'm pretty sure you're in advertising, not the prison industry, so that doesn't make you any more an expert than me - to make that claim? If you just spit out dubious claims with full confidence and attack anyone who brings data to their argument, you're no better than Trump.

F1 MERCENARY wrote:
Getting back to the Blacks being incarcerated for petty crimes… We just endured Hurricane Irma this past weekend and the news was airing footage of looting and wouldn't you know, of the hundreds of people breaking into and stealing merchandise from stores, only ONE was not black. I'm sure there were other non-black people partaking in the action, but they were ludicrously in the minority. People broke into Walmarts to steal CHEAP TV's and into footlockers to steal sneakers. Just deplorable and despicable behavior in a time where EVERYONE suffered the wrath of the storm. If you ask me, every one of those degenerates deserves to be locked up in cages because if you want to act like a wild animal, you should be treated like one.

Even sadder, a local independent paper published an article justifying and excusing the looting for the dumbest of reasons, whilst stating stores have insurance to cover the damages so get over it! 8O
THIS is what this world has come to and it's sad, so, so very sad.

Yes, and those blacks may have deserved to go to prison for it. But even so, there's ample reason to assume they would get a harsher sentence for the exact same action as a white looter.

Since you INSIST on wanting to be correct because the information you found on a couple of "Government" websites that back one anothers' claims up and cannot see the flaw in the equation, I'll do a brief breakdown for you…

Using your factual findings, if there are roughly 2.2 Million people in jail in the U.S. [according to government figures]…

How in the [EXPLETIVE] can said information even be considered as to being even in the vicinity of correct???!?!?!?

White - 109,502
Black - 70,584
Native American - 4,057
Asian - 2,766
Hispanic – 62,254
Non-Hispanic – 124,655

THAT GRAND TOTAL Comes to… [drum roll]

373,818

As I stated earlier SIMPLE Math. If people would do as I suggested and just question things the world would be a much better place.
In this day and age everyone should know that governments are all corrupt to varying degrees and is expressly why I get upset when people ignorantly talk [EXPLETIVE] about things they have absolutely zero knowledge about, in particular taking jabs at the U.S.

And what adds to this widespread ignorance are ignoramuses who are in the public eye and say the most absurdly ludicrous things, and the masses buy into it no matter how unfounded the info is.

For example, if you ask Sean Penn about Fidel Castro and Cuba, he'd swear the man is a brilliantly wonderful human being who did such an amazing job during his dictatorship that Cuba has remained a gem of a country, when the reality is that he was a visceral animal who slaughtered hundreds of thousands, if not millions of his own people, and drove a country that was the creme brulee of the Caribbean into literal ruins. Ironically, the images of the country after Hurricane Irma would lead the average person to believe the storm caused the country to look like a post was zone, when in fact, the storm barely changed anything at all. That's the way Cuba has looked for over a half century and if you saw images of Lewis Hamilton in Cuba a few weeks ago doing work for Unicef, you'd notice the entire place is impoverish.

Image
http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/blog ... ity-havana

Image
http://translatingcuba.com/requiem-for- ... ana-vieja/

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-shanty ... 08779.html



The Cuban government brags and boasts about how prosperous and wonderful the place is, but the pictures tell a far different story, and I've been there to visit my wife's family twice and can tell you the images of filthy destroyed ruins are in fact how the entire country is outside the tourist areas. This is what tourists are treated to when vacationing in Cuba but it is completely different to the rest of the country.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/HotelsList-C ... 41306.html

However, most people are led to believe that areas in ruins are the exception, when in fact that is the state of the entire country. But were you to go off of what their government publishes, you'd be led to think the country is indeed fantastic. All anyone needs to know how awful a place Cuba is, is how many of their athletes defect to the U.S. the first chance they get, not to mention how many tens of thousands risk life and limb swimming or tubing those 90 miles to the U.S..

Anyhow, I think my point is made here.

_________________
HAMILTON :: VETTEL :: ROSBERG :: RAIKKONEN :: VERSTAPPEN :: SAINZ :: MASSA :: BOTTAS :: NASR
ALONSO :: BUTTON :: PEREZ :: RICCIARDO :: GROSJEAN :: KVYAT :: HULKENBERG :: MALDONADO
THE REST… THERE ARE FAR BETTER DRIVERS THAT SHOULD BE IN FORMULA 1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:03 pm
Posts: 1242
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
...

Using your factual findings, if there are roughly 2.2 Million people in jail in the U.S. [according to government figures]…

How in the [EXPLETIVE] can said information even be considered as to being even in the vicinity of correct???!?!?!?

White - 109,502
Black - 70,584
Native American - 4,057
Asian - 2,766
Hispanic – 62,254
Non-Hispanic – 124,655

THAT GRAND TOTAL Comes to… [drum roll]

373,818

As I stated earlier SIMPLE Math. If people would do as I suggested and just question things the world would be a much better place.
In this day and age everyone should know that governments are all corrupt to varying degrees and is expressly why I get upset when people ignorantly talk [EXPLETIVE] about things they have absolutely zero knowledge about, in particular taking jabs at the U.S.

And what adds to this widespread ignorance are ignoramuses who are in the public eye and say the most absurdly ludicrous things, and the masses buy into it no matter how unfounded the info is.
...

Figures were just for federal prisons as made clear from the linked data. I'm not sure anyone claimed any different.
Original post:
Exediron wrote:
...
This is not true according to our own data, published by the government - the Bureau of Prisons lists the following (for federal prisons, obviously):
...

Hispanic/Non-Hispanic statistics are breakdown of the total federal inmate population (186,909), distinct from the original data which did not reference Hispanic population.

That's why.

_________________
===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶===


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 4549
Location: Michigan, USA
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
Since you INSIST on wanting to be correct because the information you found on a couple of "Government" websites that back one anothers' claims up and cannot see the flaw in the equation, I'll do a brief breakdown for you…

Using your factual findings, if there are roughly 2.2 Million people in jail in the U.S. [according to government figures]…

How in the [EXPLETIVE] can said information even be considered as to being even in the vicinity of correct???!?!?!?

White - 109,502
Black - 70,584
Native American - 4,057
Asian - 2,766
Hispanic – 62,254
Non-Hispanic – 124,655

THAT GRAND TOTAL Comes to… [drum roll]

373,818

As I stated earlier SIMPLE Math. If people would do as I suggested and just question things the world would be a much better place.

This would be the part where you fail simple reading comprehension. If you look more closely at my original post, you'll find this gem...

Quote:
This is not true according to our own data, published by the government - the Bureau of Prisons lists the following (for federal prisons, obviously):
Quote:
(for federal prisons, obviously)

The 2.2m you quote (which I suspect you googled, incidentally) is for all prisons in the USA, state and federal. It has no bearing on whether or not numbers for federal prisons only add up.

F1 MERCENARY wrote:
In this day and age everyone should know that governments are all corrupt to varying degrees and is expressly why I get upset when people ignorantly talk [EXPLETIVE] about things they have absolutely zero knowledge about, in particular taking jabs at the U.S.

And what adds to this widespread ignorance are ignoramuses who are in the public eye and say the most absurdly ludicrous things, and the masses buy into it no matter how unfounded the info is.

Well, we'd agree on that. The only problem is that we both seem to think the other is doing it...

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #3)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:38 pm
Posts: 1583
Location: Miami, Florida
The issue lies in the supposed facts. Federal state prisons in Florida alone house many more than the estimated 100K prisoners reported and Florida has the 3rd greatest prison populations in the nation, and the very same applies to Texas and California which have the 1st and 2nd greatest number of prisoners in federal facilities respectively. That being the case the numbers still don't add up and never will. Sadly, politics have great influence on precisely what information is published so we will never get actual figures on things that reflect less than positive. All of the top 3 states in this unfortunate genre are huge tourist destinations and as such, accurate numbers for things like this are mysteriously difficult to come by. For example, where I live is an upper middle class neighborhood and crime is relatively low, but just a couple of miles away is one of the richest neighborhoods in all of Florida, and every home is at least a $1.5 Million + home all the way to multi-million dollar estates and they have one of the highest crime rates in the state but if you researched the neighborhood/zip code that information would not show up. The reason is they don't want to hinder the sales of homes and growth for that community.

The University of Miami is the #1 school in the state yet the crime rate in the neighborhood is through the roof. The parking lots surrounding the university features the absolute highest theft rate in the entire state. I only know this because my car was stolen from there and a co-worker at the time was walking to his car with his wife and they were robbed at gunpoint and had their car stolen. This of course being in one of the most storied and prestigious cities in the entire state, right in front of one of the top sports medicine facilities on the entire planet and with constant on-duty security!

But again, good luck finding that info. What you will find is that Tallahassee (the state capital) has the highest theft rate which is inaccurate info.
I know this because my cousin is a police officer in the state and has been on the force for 19 years. The amount of things "lost" in the system would surprise you. Even I had a bad experience with an abusive officer and when I tried to report him to internal affairs it was impossible without an attorney.

The point is that systems in most, if not all countries are broken and so long as agendas and pockets needing to be lined exist, it's likely going to remain that way forever, but we need to be mindful that the info provided by those very people are more often than not, highly inaccurate.

_________________
HAMILTON :: VETTEL :: ROSBERG :: RAIKKONEN :: VERSTAPPEN :: SAINZ :: MASSA :: BOTTAS :: NASR
ALONSO :: BUTTON :: PEREZ :: RICCIARDO :: GROSJEAN :: KVYAT :: HULKENBERG :: MALDONADO
THE REST… THERE ARE FAR BETTER DRIVERS THAT SHOULD BE IN FORMULA 1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:22 pm
Posts: 1702
F1 MERCENARY wrote:
The issue lies in the supposed facts. Federal state prisons in Florida alone house many more than the estimated 100K prisoners reported and Florida has the 3rd greatest prison populations in the nation, and the very same applies to Texas and California which have the 1st and 2nd greatest number of prisoners in federal facilities respectively. That being the case the numbers still don't add up and never will. Sadly, politics have great influence on precisely what information is published so we will never get actual figures on things that reflect less than positive. All of the top 3 states in this unfortunate genre are huge tourist destinations and as such, accurate numbers for things like this are mysteriously difficult to come by. For example, where I live is an upper middle class neighborhood and crime is relatively low, but just a couple of miles away is one of the richest neighborhoods in all of Florida, and every home is at least a $1.5 Million + home all the way to multi-million dollar estates and they have one of the highest crime rates in the state but if you researched the neighborhood/zip code that information would not show up. The reason is they don't want to hinder the sales of homes and growth for that community.

The University of Miami is the #1 school in the state yet the crime rate in the neighborhood is through the roof. The parking lots surrounding the university features the absolute highest theft rate in the entire state. I only know this because my car was stolen from there and a co-worker at the time was walking to his car with his wife and they were robbed at gunpoint and had their car stolen. This of course being in one of the most storied and prestigious cities in the entire state, right in front of one of the top sports medicine facilities on the entire planet and with constant on-duty security!

But again, good luck finding that info. What you will find is that Tallahassee (the state capital) has the highest theft rate which is inaccurate info.
I know this because my cousin is a police officer in the state and has been on the force for 19 years. The amount of things "lost" in the system would surprise you. Even I had a bad experience with an abusive officer and when I tried to report him to internal affairs it was impossible without an attorney.

The point is that systems in most, if not all countries are broken and so long as agendas and pockets needing to be lined exist, it's likely going to remain that way forever, but we need to be mindful that the info provided by those very people are more often than not, highly inaccurate.


Ok. So every stat from every source which exists, both government and not, as well as general eye witness through walking through prisons or jails would indicate a much higher proportion of black men in jail than there is in the general population.

But this is all wrong. Because.. well, just because. One cop said things aren't perfect, which of course means rather than accept some minor degree of variation we should throw the baby out with the bathwater.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JamWalsh and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group