planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:27 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm
Posts: 427
Location: USA
You anti Ferrari people don't understand 1 thing. Its not just Ferrari its MB and McLaren and Williams. I would bet my last dollar that if Ferrari threatened to leave and actually did they would take at the MINIMUM McLaren and Williams with them period. There is no question that Williams and McLaren would go with Ferrari and why? Because who gives 2 craps about racing a Torro Rosso or Force India? they came into the sport on the backs of these 3 teams and for that they get bonus money. Why does Ronaldo get more than most players? Messi? its because they have something others don't pure and simple. F1 is not like other sports and can not run like other sports...Manchester United only investment is in players and staff...a F1 team needs to build the pitch every year..then pay staff and players (drivers) its not even close to any other sport including NASCAR which is the same car with different stickers. if you want that Ferrari and the others will leave. Would Ronaldo quit playing if he was forced to get the same salary as a C player? of course he would or he would go to a league that has no restrictions on salary...he has options to play in different leagues, he's still playing football its still being broadcasted all over the world he can play in Italian League, UK league, other leagues...why Can't Ferrari and Williams? the answer is of course they can and they should...unless they are paid what they think they are worth and what someone is willing to pay. Why is it that liberty needs to keep 40percent of the revenue? who made that rule? Liberty will protect the investment by trying to pit one team against the other in order to drive costs equally except of course protecting their own revenue...makes sense to them...ahh but Ferrari and others have power, and they will use it to extract what they believe they are worth.
Why is it up to Ferrari to have equal pay? Why is it up to Williams? to be forced to take less so others can thrive? Thats bull...it makes no economic sense...these teams will stay in the F1 family as long as it makes commercial sense to themselves...when that is gone they take their ball and go home and start a new Formula which is their right. Period.

_________________
One.
The best song ever written....thanks Bono
I am the Number 1Tifosi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 13402
Williams and McLaren aren't going to compete in a championship where Ferrari makes the rules.

Do you know that under the current structure it's impossible for Williams to earn more money from FOM than Ferrari?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 2328
Location: England
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
You anti Ferrari people don't understand 1 thing. Its not just Ferrari its MB and McLaren and Williams. I would bet my last dollar that if Ferrari threatened to leave and actually did they would take at the MINIMUM McLaren and Williams with them period. There is no question that Williams and McLaren would go with Ferrari and why? Because who gives 2 craps about racing a Torro Rosso or Force India? they came into the sport on the backs of these 3 teams and for that they get bonus money. Why does Ronaldo get more than most players? Messi? its because they have something others don't pure and simple. F1 is not like other sports and can not run like other sports...Manchester United only investment is in players and staff...a F1 team needs to build the pitch every year..then pay staff and players (drivers) its not even close to any other sport including NASCAR which is the same car with different stickers. if you want that Ferrari and the others will leave. Would Ronaldo quit playing if he was forced to get the same salary as a C player? of course he would or he would go to a league that has no restrictions on salary...he has options to play in different leagues, he's still playing football its still being broadcasted all over the world he can play in Italian League, UK league, other leagues...why Can't Ferrari and Williams? the answer is of course they can and they should...unless they are paid what they think they are worth and what someone is willing to pay. Why is it that liberty needs to keep 40percent of the revenue? who made that rule? Liberty will protect the investment by trying to pit one team against the other in order to drive costs equally except of course protecting their own revenue...makes sense to them...ahh but Ferrari and others have power, and they will use it to extract what they believe they are worth.
Why is it up to Ferrari to have equal pay? Why is it up to Williams? to be forced to take less so others can thrive? Thats bull...it makes no economic sense...these teams will stay in the F1 family as long as it makes commercial sense to themselves...when that is gone they take their ball and go home and start a new Formula which is their right. Period.


Ronaldo and Messi get paid more than most players because they are the best players, not because they've been playing football longer than anybody else. I'd be quite happy to pay Ferrari more than any other team if they, y'know, won the WDC the year before or something to that effect, but I disagree with the fact that Ferrari get paid more money just for turning up than half the grid would for winning the championship. Equal prize money, and then let the teams sort their own merchandise deals out... if Ferrari have the pulling power and the fanatical fanbase that they are purported to have, then they will make the extra money over the other teams that way. Same goes for the other teams with these 'historical payments'.

As for the notion that Ferrari jumping ship would also mean McLaren and Williams following suit.... not a chance in hell. Williams have shareholders to answer to (much in the same way Ferrari does, which is why they wont be going anywhere anyway) and they wont be voting to leave F1 any time soon because it would mean flushing their investment down the toilet. Pretty sure both teams would be happy to step into any power void left behind by Ferrari leaving too.

All moot though, Ferrari are going nowhere. Sergio might be a corporate bigshot with some big brass danglies, but I doubt he will want to be remembered as the CEO that took Ferrari out of F1.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2018: {Rookie Year}
Current positon: 5th | 2 Podiums | 0 Wins


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 199
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
You anti Ferrari people don't understand 1 thing. Its not just Ferrari its MB and McLaren and Williams. I would bet my last dollar that if Ferrari threatened to leave and actually did they would take at the MINIMUM McLaren and Williams with them period. There is no question that Williams and McLaren would go with Ferrari and why? Because who gives 2 craps about racing a Torro Rosso or Force India?


And given the last few years of performance history, who would give two craps about racing a McLaren or Williams? Nope, Ferrari stands alone, still. And given that last year's cars are last year's news, all the reputation and fan base in the world does not transfer going forward.

Like it or not, Formula One is STUCK with Ferrari. How's that for a different view?

_________________
Short-time member, Life-Long Fan from 1965 -- More than 550 Grand Prix recorded since 1982 (all but 3), and counting...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 6145
Location: Nebraska, USA
MB-BOB wrote:
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
You anti Ferrari people don't understand 1 thing. Its not just Ferrari its MB and McLaren and Williams. I would bet my last dollar that if Ferrari threatened to leave and actually did they would take at the MINIMUM McLaren and Williams with them period. There is no question that Williams and McLaren would go with Ferrari and why? Because who gives 2 craps about racing a Torro Rosso or Force India?


And given the last few years of performance history, who would give two craps about racing a McLaren or Williams? Nope, Ferrari stands alone, still. And given that last year's cars are last year's news, all the reputation and fan base in the world does not transfer going forward.

Like it or not, Formula One is STUCK with Ferrari. How's that for a different view?


Not unexpected... and as usual, uninformed.

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 199
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Blake wrote:
MB-BOB wrote:
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
You anti Ferrari people don't understand 1 thing. Its not just Ferrari its MB and McLaren and Williams. I would bet my last dollar that if Ferrari threatened to leave and actually did they would take at the MINIMUM McLaren and Williams with them period. There is no question that Williams and McLaren would go with Ferrari and why? Because who gives 2 craps about racing a Torro Rosso or Force India?


And given the last few years of performance history, who would give two craps about racing a McLaren or Williams? Nope, Ferrari stands alone, still. And given that last year's cars are last year's news, all the reputation and fan base in the world does not transfer going forward.

Like it or not, Formula One is STUCK with Ferrari. How's that for a different view?


Not unexpected... and as usual, uninformed.

Very constructive and objective comment :lol: Take off your red hat and rose-colored glasses and read the tea leaves...

Among the 170+ Teams that have competed in F1 since 1950, there have been some luminaries (that I have personally watched come and go), like…

BRM, Brabham, Lotus, Arrows, Bugatti, Aston Martin, Cooper, DeTomaso, Dallara, Ensign, Honda (works team), Jaguar, Jordan, Lancia, Ligier, Lola, March, Maserati (works team), Matra, Porsche, Shadow, BMW, Surtees, Talbot-Lago, Toyota, Tyrell, Toleman, Wolf, Eagle and Zakspeed.

And a good number of teams famous for being forgotten…

https://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-teams/

Among the memorable teams -– some of them build current road cars of impeccable brand repute and "fan" loyalty -- they were all disregarded within a handful of years of exiting the sport, as no longer relevant to that sport.

I'm not suggesting that Ferrari's absence would not be missed. It will, at least initially...

But as stated before, in a cutting edge sport like F1, you are only as good as your current performance… F1's status as the pinnacle of motor racing is greater than the sum of any of its parts. Leave F1, and your status within the sport is not a question of IF, but how soon, you are forgotten as irrelevant.

_________________
Short-time member, Life-Long Fan from 1965 -- More than 550 Grand Prix recorded since 1982 (all but 3), and counting...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 6145
Location: Nebraska, USA
Baloney!

Don't give me crap about "rose colored glasses" when you repeatedly show no respect for the history of this sport. I seriously doubt your signature as it conflicts greatly with your posts.

About those "disguarded brands"... What the hell are you saying? If they left the sport, they are some kind of failures? That they are no longer relevant to what? I would suggest that Mercedes left the sport, and I would hardly call them irrelevant today. Last I knew, Alfa, Maserati, Jaguar, Lotus, Honda, Toyota, and BMW all left the sport, yet they are still building some very relevant cars and the brand survives even if in some cases under different ownership. So just what is your point? That if Ferrari leaves F1 that they will become irrelevant? total bullroar!

You repeatedly show that you have no idea of market value or brand identity. Lotus left the sport a long time ago, yet they are still revered in F1 circles. Mercedes left the sport in the mid 50s, yet here they are 60+ years later and still well respected, as they were in their "off" years. If you really think that names like Ferrari, McLaren and Williams will become meaningless in F1 circles upon leaving the sport, you really need to take some time out to really think things through.... or perhaps go spend some time watching those 550 recorded Grand Prix races.

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:13 pm
Posts: 245
Think we will leave it at that then chaps, perhaps we should all be looking forward to the new season instead of looking backwards to have an argument?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beleriand_K, Bing [Bot], Black_Flag_11, JN23, lucifers, Zoue and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group