planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:07 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:49 am 

I know it's ridiculously early to start thinking about 2019 but since many major seats are up for grabs (apart from Ricciardo to Mercedes rumour), a new sensational rumour has emerged from well known Italian journalist and Scuderia insider Teo Lurrini stating that there will be a Hamilton-Vettel swap in 2019!

The delay with Hamilton's contract is supposed due to his talks with Ferrari, which recently were agreed upon. It's also stated that both of their (new)contracts are worth $100 million each. There's also a clause in Vettel's contract that he can leave Ferrari if Hamilton were o join Ferrari.

Don't know what to make of it but it's sure a good starting point to begin the 2019 silly season!

http://en.f1i.com/news/299049-hamilton-vettel-set-stunning-mercedes-ferrari-swap.html

Last edited by UnlikeUday on Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Silly Season 2019
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:53 am 

I think Ricciardo is the key to the driver market. If he goes to Merc or Ferrari there will be lots of moves. If not everyone will stay in their current holding pattern.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:39 am 

Shall I be a spoilsport? ;)

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (6)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:58 am 

This just might be the silliest of silly season rumors I've ever read. Floated on April Fool's Day, too... :lol:

Last edited by MB-BOB on Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:19 pm 

pokerman wrote:

No need, Lewis has already done that

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhBivS5FUu4 ... ishamilton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:26 pm 

shoot999 wrote:
pokerman wrote:

No need, Lewis has already done that

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhBivS5FUu4 ... ishamilton

The filter changing all of the drivers names should be a clue as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:32 am 

mikeyg123 wrote:
I think Ricciardo is the key to the driver market. If he goes to Merc or Ferrari there will be lots of moves. If not everyone will stay in their current holding pattern.

Planet F1 is saying Alonso is the key, with his wages being too high for McLaren. PF1 are speculating;

Bottas > McLaren
Riccardo > Mercedes
Sainz > Red Bull
Alonso > Renault

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:53 am 

bradtheboywonder wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

Planet F1 is saying Alonso is the key, with his wages being too high for McLaren. PF1 are speculating;

Bottas > McLaren
Riccardo > Mercedes
Sainz > Red Bull
Alonso > Renault

That makes a lot of sense but it's also pre-empting Bottas having a poor season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:06 pm 

bradtheboywonder wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

Bottas > McLaren
Riccardo > Mercedes
Sainz > Red Bull
Alonso > Renault

I don't see that claim corroborated anywhere so I'm sceptical, to say the least. I'd also be highly doubtful of Bottas moving to McLaren. He hasn't exactly set the world on fire at Mercedes and were McLaren to release Alonso and sign him then it would be a declaration of intent to remain in the midfield and give up on chasing the front runners, which I don't really see at this stage.

I can see Ricciardo moving to Mercedes and Sainz to Red Bull. Seems logical to me and I think Ricciardo would only leave Red Bull for Mercedes or Ferrari (while Sainz moving to the main Red Bull team after this season's loan to Renault is a no-brainer). Unless Alonso really does leave McLaren and Ricciardo fancies the idea of being part of McLaren's rebuild back to the top. Other than that, he'll stay where he is.

I do see Alonso potentially moving to Renault, but that depends a lot on where they are relative to McLaren by mid-season. If McLaren look to be comfortably ahead, I think Alonso will be very wary of joining another rebuild project. It's not as though he has that many race years in him. If, however, Renault looks like getting the upper hand, he may decide that the manufacturer has more growth potential and he has nothing to lose by leaving McLaren for them. And I don't see any other team being a likely Alonso destination, since Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari all look like having the door firmly closed to Alonso and no other team would be a step up. So Renault or bust and the next few races will likely give some indication as to which is more probable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:53 pm 

In my opinion the key here is BOT and Mercedes, they can set things off, not RIC. I dont think Ferrari will change much and I doubt that option will be open to RIC, Ferrari might hold station for another season and see how Leclerc develops, plus I dont know if RIC will want to enter a team that has a clear one/two phisophy currently around Vettel. RBR (with an equal engine as Renault) can more than match any improvement Renault makes, so going to Renault will be more of a sideways move rather than an improvement. He should concentrate on a Merc deal, and if BOT makes more mistakes it will open the door wide open, regardless, I do think this is BOT last year at Merc.

Sainz will move back to RBR, opening the door for Alonso at Renault, that will be a perfect situation for Renault as a Hulk/Nando lineup is a very strong one. Salary might be an issue, and this could turn out to be Alonso last year in F1 with a move to WEC. This if MCL cant keep Alonso or decide to drop him (which I dont think will happen) if it does, I would like to see what Ocon can do on a faster team, be it MCL or Renault.

Other scenario will be BOT back to Williams but someone will have to make room.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:04 pm 

PRFAN wrote:
In my opinion the key here is BOT and Mercedes, they can set things off, not RIC. I dont think Ferrari will change much and I doubt that option will be open to RIC, Ferrari might hold station for another season and see how Leclerc develops, plus I dont know if RIC will want to enter a team that has a clear one/two phisophy currently around Vettel. RBR (with an equal engine as Renault) can more than match any improvement Renault makes, so going to Renault will be more of a sideways move rather than an improvement. He should concentrate on a Merc deal, and if BOT makes more mistakes it will open the door wide open, regardless, I do think this is BOT last year at Merc.

Sainz will move back to RBR, opening the door for Alonso at Renault, that will be a perfect situation for Renault as a Hulk/Nando lineup is a very strong one. Salary might be an issue, and this could turn out to be Alonso last year in F1 with a move to WEC. This if MCL cant keep Alonso or decide to drop him (which I dont think will happen) if it does, I would like to see what Ocon can do on a faster team, be it MCL or Renault.

Other scenario will be BOT back to Williams but someone will have to make room.

Agree completely that the key to this whole thing is Bottas. If Mercedes are satisfied with Bottas then essentially no one is going anywhere. The only possibility then would be Ricciardo to Ferrari but Ferrari have been very quiet about that; expressing no interest in Ricciardo publicly. I think Vettel would have to have a poor season for the door to open for Dan. If Vettel doesn't have a good season and Ferrari don't win the championship, I think Dan will be in with a shot; however there are rumors of Hamilton going to Ferrari now too so we really can't be sure what's going on behind the scenes. I find it hard to imagine that Hamilton would leave Mercedes right now.

But yeah, it all depends on whether or not Mercedes want to stick with Bottas.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:58 pm 

2019 as a season can get very interesting if the changes assumed do happen. If the F1 rules can't give such excitement then I hope some big changes in driver line up takes place.

Ricciardo seems hell bent to change teams. Mercedes seems more probable than Ferrari. Question is both these 2 teams have star drivers & their willingness to get another strong driver as a team-mate could also play a role. Really miss those days where 2 strong drivers would be in the same team, no doubt the team as a whole would be getting the jitters.

This could be the last year of Alonso at McLaren (if it doesn't get strong enough to fight for podiums). Renault seems the most logical direction.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:44 pm 

pokerman wrote:
bradtheboywonder wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

Bottas > McLaren
Riccardo > Mercedes
Sainz > Red Bull
Alonso > Renault

That makes a lot of sense but it's also pre-empting Bottas having a poor season.

It makes no sense. For a start he's not on 40m, he took a boat load of prime kimoa sponsorship instead of keeping the same salary (rear wing,overalls,helmets etc). As I understand it he's on about half that as Honda paid half before and now the Kimoa branding makes up that half Honda don't pay.

Second, why on earth would McLaren want Bottas? They've got Vandoorne and Norris. Third, Why would McLaren feel indebted to Alonso to that extent?

4th, Bottas isn't tied to Mercedes past this year so they don't need to have somewhere to offload him to if they want Dan that badly, they can just boot him out and bring Dan in. What's Alonso got to do with that transaction?

Mercedes and Ferrari hold the key, not Alonso or McLaren or any other driver really. When Merc/Fer want to shake up the clear No.1 thing is what triggers everything else. Who moves for Dan, if anyone, is the first domino to fall driver wise after that. If both Merc and Ferrari are happy to stay as is then it will be Dan staying at RB too unless he fancies a similar clear No.1 set up at Renault.

McLaren wise will be if Alonso thinks he'll be better of at Renault (if available) or McLaren and/or who wins F2 and how Stoff does against Alonso that decide it.

Terrible clickbait article from that Spanish site. Kimoa branding wasn't a signing on gift and they've lost Honda backing. No chance in hell Alonso kept the same base salary as before, it's the same cost as a full chassis dyno and a fifth of their entire budget. That's the equivalent of Lewis or Seb getting nearly 100m a year from Mercedes/Ferrari and the cars,helmets and overalls being plastered with whatever company they like being thrown in on top too.

Does that really make any sense?

EDIT: Maths fail on the budget,sorry.

Last edited by Lotus49 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:14 pm 

Lotus49 wrote:
Second, why on earth would McLaren want Bottas? They've got Vandoorne and Norris.

Very good question. They wouldn't.

Lotus49 wrote:
Terrible clickbait article from that Spanish site. Kimoa branding wasn't a signing on gift and they've lost Honda backing. No chance in hell Alonso kept the same base salary as before, it's the same cost as a full chassis dyno and a quarter of their entire budget. That's the equivalent of Lewis or Seb getting over 100m a year from Mercedes/Ferrari and the cars,helmets and overalls being plastered with whatever company they like being thrown in on top too.

Agree to a point, but I don't think McLaren's budget is only 160m. We also don't know how much of the Honda shortfall they've made up with new sponsors and bigger checks from the Bahrainis.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:23 pm 

So where do you guys actually think Dan will end up next year? Do you see that big headline move to Mercedes or Ferrari? Do you think it will all be much ado about nothing and he'll end up sticking with RBR?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:25 pm 

Exediron wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
Second, why on earth would McLaren want Bottas? They've got Vandoorne and Norris.

Lotus49 wrote:
Terrible clickbait article from that Spanish site. Kimoa branding wasn't a signing on gift and they've lost Honda backing. No chance in hell Alonso kept the same base salary as before, it's the same cost as a full chassis dyno and a quarter of their entire budget. That's the equivalent of Lewis or Seb getting over 100m a year from Mercedes/Ferrari and the cars,helmets and overalls being plastered with whatever company they like being thrown in on top too.

Agree to a point, but I don't think McLaren's budget is only 160m. We also don't know how much of the Honda shortfall they've made up with new sponsors and bigger checks from the Bahrainis.

Sorry maths fail, was guesstimating a budget of at least 200m (Around Baku last year there was a report of a budget of 225m) so a fifth rather than a quarter.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:34 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:
So where do you guys actually think Dan will end up next year? Do you see that big headline move to Mercedes or Ferrari? Do you think it will all be much ado about nothing and he'll end up sticking with RBR?

I think it's still up in the air just now. I can see the sense for both parties in all 4 potential teams (RB,Merc,Ferrari and Renault) but I think it depends on how Bottas,Kimi,Ocon and Leclerc do and how much fuss Seb and Lewis make, if any, about rocking the boat by bringing in a Top 5 driver,keeping the same or bringing in a talented rookie.

I'd love to see him in a Merc or Ferrari personally but both have a good thing going on so can understand if they don't move for him.

Gut instinct is Mercedes if Ocon doesn't batter Perez. He's the easiest going top driver to put next to Lewis, he's done it twice before without any fuss (Seb and Max) and if Leclerc is as good as they say then they could end up with the worst line up of the top 3 which isn't good for the WCC or perception in the paddock.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:54 pm 

bradtheboywonder wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

Bottas > McLaren
Riccardo > Mercedes
Sainz > Red Bull
Alonso > Renault

I could get behind those seat swaps. Would really like Verstappen-Sainz at RBR, Hamilton-Ricciardo at Merc.

Vandoorne-Bottas at McL and Alonso-Hulkenberg would also be worth watching. I don't see Fernando advancing his cause by jumping from McLaren to Renault though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:00 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:

I think its either Mercedes, Renault or Red Bull for me.

Maybe McLaren as a super dark horse. Nothing to back that up with. Just a gut feeling that if they keep improving, he could replace Nando and be the clear #1 driver

I know it’s 3 years away, but whoever winds up with the works Porsche deal could be a factor as well. As a Williams fan, I hope it’s them

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:24 pm 

If Dan resigns for Red Bull then almost everyone stays where they are. If he moves then everyone moves around. We are due a big shuffle. We've been in a holding pattern since 2015 really.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:36 pm 

Lotus49 wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:

I think it's still up in the air just now. I can see the sense for both parties in all 4 potential teams (RB,Merc,Ferrari and Renault) but I think it depends on how Bottas,Kimi,Ocon and Leclerc do and how much fuss Seb and Lewis make, if any, about rocking the boat by bringing in a Top 5 driver,keeping the same or bringing in a talented rookie.

I'd love to see him in a Merc or Ferrari personally but both have a good thing going on so can understand if they don't move for him.

Gut instinct is Mercedes if Ocon doesn't batter Perez. He's the easiest going top driver to put next to Lewis, he's done it twice before without any fuss (Seb and Max) and if Leclerc is as good as they say then they could end up with the worst line up of the top 3 which isn't good for the WCC or perception in the paddock.

I agree with most of that. I would personally like to see him at Mercedes as well but I somehow doubt it will happen. Bottas would have to be a major disappointment for that to happen.

I have heard, however, that Hamilton is in talks with Ferrari behind the scenes; hoping to move there for 2020. Mercedes are aware of that and they may be keen to secure the services of another top-shelf driver. My gut tells me that that is his chance with them. I struggle to imagine that Bottas will be bad enough for them to ditch him. Especially if they win both titles again.

Ferrari seems like a non-starter for some reason, although arguably they have the strongest logical case of the teams in-play to sign him. I can't see Daniel taking a flyer on Renault or McLaren. He will want to ensure that he can win right away and if Mercedes or Ferrari are closed, I see him sticking with Red Bull.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:55 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:

I think he'll stay at RBR. If there's one thing you can count on, it's the Silly Season gas-lighting us and then everything staying the same.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:07 pm 

Lotus49 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
bradtheboywonder wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

Bottas > McLaren
Riccardo > Mercedes
Sainz > Red Bull
Alonso > Renault

It makes no sense. For a start he's not on 40m, he took a boat load of prime kimoa sponsorship instead of keeping the same salary (rear wing,overalls,helmets etc). As I understand it he's on about half that as Honda paid half before and now the Kimoa branding makes up that half Honda don't pay.

Second, why on earth would McLaren want Bottas? They've got Vandoorne and Norris. Third, Why would McLaren feel indebted to Alonso to that extent?

4th, Bottas isn't tied to Mercedes past this year so they don't need to have somewhere to offload him to if they want Dan that badly, they can just boot him out and bring Dan in. What's Alonso got to do with that transaction?

Mercedes and Ferrari hold the key, not Alonso or McLaren or any other driver really. When Merc/Fer want to shake up the clear No.1 thing is what triggers everything else. Who moves for Dan, if anyone, is the first domino to fall driver wise after that. If both Merc and Ferrari are happy to stay as is then it will be Dan staying at RB too unless he fancies a similar clear No.1 set up at Renault.

McLaren wise will be if Alonso thinks he'll be better of at Renault (if available) or McLaren and/or who wins F2 and how Stoff does against Alonso that decide it.

Terrible clickbait article from that Spanish site. Kimoa branding wasn't a signing on gift and they've lost Honda backing. No chance in hell Alonso kept the same base salary as before, it's the same cost as a full chassis dyno and a fifth of their entire budget. That's the equivalent of Lewis or Seb getting nearly 100m a year from Mercedes/Ferrari and the cars,helmets and overalls being plastered with whatever company they like being thrown in on top too.

After such a long post I feel a bit guilty for my short reply, when I said that makes a lot of sense I meant what would follow if Alonso left McLaren, I was not the one bringing forward the fact that McLaren considered Alonso to be too expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:11 pm 

Exediron wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:

Lotus49 wrote:

Bottas was solid enough at Williams, how much confidence would they have in Vandoorne leading the team?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:14 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:

I think it's far too early in the season for even Ricciardo to know, at this point he doesn't even know what openings my be available.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:18 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
If Dan resigns for Red Bull then almost everyone stays where they are. If he moves then everyone moves around. We are due a big shuffle. We've been in a holding pattern since 2015 really.

You seem confident that Ricciardo will have the choice of all the top teams?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:55 pm 

Is it still April Fool's Day? :o

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:00 am 

pokerman wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
bradtheboywonder wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

Bottas > McLaren
Riccardo > Mercedes
Sainz > Red Bull
Alonso > Renault

After such a long post I feel a bit guilty for my short reply, when I said that makes a lot of sense I meant what would follow if Alonso left McLaren, I was not the one bringing forward the fact that McLaren considered Alonso to be too expensive.

No worries,poker. It still doesn't make sense to me why McLaren would want Bottas or why Mercedes can't just sign Dan regardless of where Bottas or Alonso go. It doesn't need an open McLaren seat to start things moving.

Also just to be clear, it's not a fact that McLaren consider Alonso to be too expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:08 am 

I don't know why, but I still think Ricciardo will join Macca. I have no evidence or anything, pure speculation.

Sainz > RB

Alonso > Renault

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:10 am 

pokerman wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

I think he probably will. It's irrelevant who's choice it is though really. If Ricciardo leaves Red Bull then that will cause a large chain reaction. If not then I see very little movement in the market.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:58 pm 

Ricciardo is only going to have the option of Mercedes if Bottas has a poor season and Ocon does not develop the way Mercedes want, if not he will have a choice of staying where he is, potentially Renault and maybe McLaren if Alonso decides to go somewhere else.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:19 pm 

Lotus49 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
bradtheboywonder wrote:

Bottas > McLaren
Riccardo > Mercedes
Sainz > Red Bull
Alonso > Renault

No worries,poker. It still doesn't make sense to me why McLaren would want Bottas or why Mercedes can't just sign Dan regardless of where Bottas or Alonso go. It doesn't need an open McLaren seat to start things moving.

Also just to be clear, it's not a fact that McLaren consider Alonso to be too expensive.

Well my thinking regarding Bottas was that if money is a problem for McLaren then Bottas is a cheap experienced alternative, Grand Prix winner, many podiums etc.

With Mercedes what if Bottas has a very good season and Ricciardo gets slam dunked by Verstappen, it's far to early in the season to know how the landscape is going to fall.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:21 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

I think he probably will. It's irrelevant who's choice it is though really. If Ricciardo leaves Red Bull then that will cause a large chain reaction. If not then I see very little movement in the market.

Well for me personally I have to ask the question have either Mercedes or Ferrari made any offers, I'm guessing at this time the answer is no.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:29 pm 

Grizzly B wrote:
Ricciardo is only going to have the option of Mercedes if Bottas has a poor season and Ocon does not develop the way Mercedes want, if not he will have a choice of staying where he is, potentially Renault and maybe McLaren if Alonso decides to go somewhere else.

It seems Ricciardo is fed up of Red Bull. No doubt as well that the team would want to cling more to Verstappen than Ricciardo. I'm sure Mercedes & Ferrari would be interested in him & we'll have to see how things develop.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:33 pm 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-auto ... es-Ferrari
Quote:
“Toto tried to get Vettel and Max, but both declined him,” Marko told German sports magazine Sport Bild.

“Of course, Lewis heard about this so he put up his price.”

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:38 pm 

There is always a chance Ricciardo has just 'had enough' at RBR for what ever reason and desperately wants to move even if it is sideways.
As everyone says, his best option is without doubt Merc. I don't think anyone disagrees here, but what if that option is not open to him?

Then it depends if Botas stays or someone else moves to Merc. If Botas stays, there will be very little movement of seats, if he leaves there will be a goldrush and Merc could probably chose just about anyone available.

If Alonso goes to Merc, which I can not see them wanting, the Mclaren seat could be open, or it could be filled by one of their very highly considered young drivers. Depending on who you listen to, Mclaren could be short of cash, in which case using a junior is a top option for them, therefore removing another seat to add to Botas being available.

The second seat at Ferrari is attractive, except that is looks very much as if it is a supporting role, but if Dan wants out that badly it gives him a job for 1 or 2 years.

Renault look a settled setup at the moment and I doubt they would even stir the pot for Alonso, but they are a political team so....

Well, thats it for the prime drives, whats left?

Williams? I can not see it happing form either side.
FI? No, they are also settled.
Don't know the contract situation at Haas, but again I can not see Dan going there.

Any point mentioning the rest?

So it looks like 1- stay. 2 - take Alonso's seat if he moves. 3 - get lucky and go to Merc. 4- take a temporary drive which will leave him in the same situation 1 or 2 years down the line when his stock has dropped.

As I see it, unless he is very, very unhappy at RBR, its his best option unless Merc come knocking.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:01 pm 

moby wrote:
The second seat at Ferrari is attractive, except that is looks very much as if it is a supporting role, but if Dan wants out that badly it gives him a job for 1 or 2 years.

The second seat at Ferrari is a supporting role because Raikkonen can't match Vettel. If Ricciardo took that seat it would certainly be with the intention of becoming the #1 driver himself; I don't imagine (right or wrong) he'd be worried about going up against Vettel a second time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:55 am 

There are fresh rumours in the paddock stating Ricciardo will replace Raikkonen at Ferrari in 2019:
https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/237530/ricciardo-will-replace-raikkonen-at-ferrari-in-2019

Ricciardo alongside Vettel! That's yummy.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:24 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
There are fresh rumours in the paddock stating Ricciardo will replace Raikkonen at Ferrari in 2019:
https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/237530/ricciardo-will-replace-raikkonen-at-ferrari-in-2019

That's an exciting rumor. A rematch of a very intriguing teammate battle and a move by Ferrari that shows that they are serious about winning titles. It's also a move that will put some pressure on Mercedes. If Ferrari line up with Vettel and Ricciardo next year, can Mercedes afford to stand pat with Bottas as the second driver? Would they have the impetus to try for an upgrade? Perhaps Ocon if he is able to distance himself from Perez. Perhaps this might even create an opportunity for Alonso (wishful thinking I know). Imagine Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel and Ricciardo battling for the title all in top cars!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:28 pm 

sandman1347 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

That's an exciting rumor. A rematch of a very intriguing teammate battle and a move by Ferrari that shows that they are serious about winning titles. It's also a move that will put some pressure on Mercedes. If Ferrari line up with Vettel and Ricciardo next year, can Mercedes afford to stand pat with Bottas as the second driver? Would they have the impetus to try for an upgrade? Perhaps Ocon if he is able to distance himself from Perez. Perhaps this might even create an opportunity for Alonso (wishful thinking I know). Imagine Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel and Ricciardo battling for the title all in top cars!

Alonso will be in a top McLaren ;)

I'd look forward to Vettel/Ricciardo again. Would be an interesting match for sure! And as sad as I'd be to see Kimi hang up his helmet, I think it's well overdue now. He's just not getting the best out of that car