planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:03 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 936
The New F1 2018 game is scheduled for release on 8/24

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HSslMLs3_zg

All Classic cars will be returning this year along with 6 new* cars joining the fleet

1972 Lotus 72D *
1976 Ferrari 312 T2 *
1976 McLaren M23D *
1978 Lotus 79 *
1979 Ferrari 312 T4 *
1982 McLaren MP4/1B *
1988 McLaren MP4/4
1991 McLaren MP4/6
1992 Williams FW14
1995 Ferrari 412T2
1996 Williams FW18
1998 McLaren MP4-13
2002 Ferrari F2002
2003 Williams FW25
2004 Ferrari F2004
2006 Renault R26
2007 Ferrari F 2007
2008 McLaren MP4-23
2009 Brawn BGP-001
2010 Red Bull RB6



Source https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fBx4rMeoN3Q

A more in-depth career mode will be available where your character will be interviewed and your responses matter for your progression in your team. If you make a negative remark in reference to your car it will effect team moral and how the paddock perceives you as a driver. Also you can now have your agent attempt to get you a contract with a team of your choosing and negotiations will come into play based on the choices you have made and of course your performance on track.


Source https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHIo_GqZQPk


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_t6yZK_ED8s

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Last edited by Mayhem on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 936
Looking forward to driving the Nikki Lauda Ferrari and the Mclaren James hunt drove during their rivalry. Interested to see which one suits my in game driving style.

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Posts: 5546
Location: Michigan, USA
I'm still hoping that some day they'll put in a real classic from the 1950s, and also a pack of tracks from that era of Grand Prix racing, with straw bales for track limits and houses right by the roads. Now that would be more different! :D

_________________
PF1 PICK 10 COMPETITION (3 wins, 12 podiums): 2017: 19th| 2016: 3rd| 2015: 4th
PF1 TOP THREE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): 2017: 2nd| 2015: 1st
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 United States Champion! (world #2)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 936
Exediron wrote:
I'm still hoping that some day they'll put in a real classic from the 1950s, and also a pack of tracks from that era of Grand Prix racing, with straw bales for track limits and houses right by the roads. Now that would be more different! :D



Would definately be different, not sure it that’s in the code master budget :lol:, but I would love to see 50’s cars and original track layouts with the Bumps in the road.

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7216
Most looking forward to the changes they've made to the suspension model, should apparently give a much better feeling over kerbs and bumps.

Trying to get my 2017 career mode 'done', winning the title with Renault, before it comes out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 2428
Location: England
Might actually give this one a bash.... though I always get the fear that i'll end up wanting to splash out on a full wheel setup that I just cant justify :( Think the last one I bought was 2014? It was the one where the AI was stupidly good at Barcelona in Qualy.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2018: {Rookie Year}
Current positon: 1st | 2 Podiums | 1 Win


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 936
@ blackflag11- new changes do look promising.

@ flash2k11 - also insane AI ability in the rain iirc

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7216
This seems pretty cool, theres the possibility of a rule change at the end of a season which could shake up the team orders.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13751 ... -shake-ups

Quote:
"Now there is the possibility of a rule change at the end of the season, and if the player chooses to protect some of their R&D [points] then they can start the next season with a strong car," he added.

"The AI can do the same - and if they don't protect the right upgrades, they might start the season with a poor car the next year.

"Each season the actual grid order can be vastly different, and I think that's a really exciting thing we've done this year."


Sounds like it wont impact on the visuals of the cars but pretty cool all the same. I'd like to see visual changes to the cars with certain upgrades personally, little winglets etc. would add a nice touch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 936
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
This seems pretty cool, theres the possibility of a rule change at the end of a season which could shake up the team orders.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13751 ... -shake-ups

Quote:
"Now there is the possibility of a rule change at the end of the season, and if the player chooses to protect some of their R&D [points] then they can start the next season with a strong car," he added.

"The AI can do the same - and if they don't protect the right upgrades, they might start the season with a poor car the next year.

"Each season the actual grid order can be vastly different, and I think that's a really exciting thing we've done this year."


Sounds like it wont impact on the visuals of the cars but pretty cool all the same. I'd like to see visual changes to the cars with certain upgrades personally, little winglets etc. would add a nice touch.


Nice, I wonder how severe of a rule change. Maybe the simplified front wing or even individual engine components. I like that it will introduce something to shake up the pecking order. Makes it more interesting now when you start from a lower team as you fight hard to bring it up too speed but a rule change can put you right back down the order.,.

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 936
What team do you guys see yourself starting your career with on this one???
- I’m thinking about starting my career with Sauber

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm
Posts: 7216
Mayhem wrote:
What team do you guys see yourself starting your career with on this one???
- I’m thinking about starting my career with Sauber

On 2017 my plan was to go Sauber-Renault-Ferrari but I didn't put the time in and mainly played non career mode stuff so I've decided to just try and win the title with Renault and call it quits there (unless for whatever reason I decide to come back to it one day).

So for this one I'm thinking McLaren for a few seasons, bring them back to the front in that beautiful papaya orange and then move to Ferrari. I've never driven for Ferrari in an F1 game career mode that's my plan for this one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 936
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Mayhem wrote:
What team do you guys see yourself starting your career with on this one???
- I’m thinking about starting my career with Sauber

On 2017 my plan was to go Sauber-Renault-Ferrari but I didn't put the time in and mainly played non career mode stuff so I've decided to just try and win the title with Renault and call it quits there (unless for whatever reason I decide to come back to it one day).



So for this one I'm thinking McLaren for a few seasons, bring them back to the front in that beautiful papaya orange and then move to Ferrari. I've never driven for Ferrari in an F1 game career mode that's my plan for this one.


(added rule change video at the top)

I did a Mclaren career in F1 2016 and brought them to the front. Was a lot of fun, many great battles at the front. 2017 I didn’t dedicate that much time into a career. Just raced with the big 3 mostly and the classic cars..

last time I worked my way up to Ferrari was way back in F1 2011 when I started with virgin racing and moved to Ferrari. That car was a beast

_________________
PF1 pick 10 2016: 7th (1 win, 4 podiums), 2017: 17th (3 podiums)
Awards: Sergio perez trophy & Podium specialist
PF1 pick 3 2015: constructors 2nd, singles 5th
Autosport Gp 2016/17 - 5th
F1 Oracle 2017: 2nd (6 wins), 2016:5th (2wins)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: F1 - 2018 game
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:09 am
Posts: 2739
Location: Perth, Australia
Hopefully they do something about the physics in this game. I loaded up the 2017 game again last night thinking I'd give it another go and I was again disappointed. I've always played more simulation games in the past (GT, rFactor, Assetto Corsa etc), and I just find the Codemasters handling to be far too close to an arcade game. Maybe it's because I'm using a PS4 controller (Though I don't struggle nearly as much on GT Sport), but I just can't bring myself to enjoy the handling of the Codemasters F1 games.

I wish they'd put less emphasis on the narrative behind the game and more on the quality of the driving. I guess that's not what the majority of paying players are indicating they want, though.

Given that F1 drivers have said that the games are nothing like real life, I don't understand why there's an eSports series based on them. At least something resembling reality might be entertaining and remotely indicative of real life.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group