planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:12 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1819
Location: Canada
Almost forgot Rubens Barrichello!
Image
source: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gall ... 51/872451/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1319
Location: Kansas
8 Days till the Australian GP.
Mika Hakkinen in the McLaren Mercedes
Image
Source: http://img05.deviantart.net/a928/i/2015 ... 9loafj.jpg

Johnny Herbert in the 2000 Jaguar
Image
Source: https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2934/3212 ... e843_b.jpg

John Surtees 1968 Honda 3.0 V12
Image
Source: https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... 41x529.jpg

Gary Bettenhausen
Image
Source: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/39/c1/61/39c1 ... hoenix.jpg

Gene Church on the Harley they call Lucifer's Hammer.
Image
Source: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KkDIU6wbA_A/ ... hammer.JPG

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 8075
Location: Mumbai, India
Image
Source - www.imgur.com

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1319
Location: Kansas
BMW Picchio DP2: Darren Law, Shawn Bayliff
Image
Source: https://cdn-9.motorsport.com/static/img ... ayliff.jpg

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 756
Mort Canard wrote:
John Surtees 1968 Honda 3.0 V12
Image
Source: https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... 41x529.jpg


Am I contagious ?

_________________
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 4796
Image
Niki Lauda, McLaren MP4/2, Long Beach, GP USA West 1982, winning on his comeback from retirement in only third race of the season.

Source, http://www.racefans.net

_________________
The end is near


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1319
Location: Kansas
Harpo wrote:
Mort Canard wrote:
John Surtees 1968 Honda 3.0 V12
Image
Source: https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... 41x529.jpg


Am I contagious ?

Mostly not.
As a motorcycle racing fan I have been a follower of John Surtees for a long time. John won seven championships on two wheels and only one that I know of on four wheels. To me he is as much or more a motorcyclist than a race car driver.

I have also had my choices in place for subjects and images for a number of weeks. I had to do a couple of quick changes when you or jimmyj beat me to posting something I had already chosen.

I do share your enthusiasm for the career of the honorable Mr Surtees. Pay attention. I am not done with John for this countdown.

_________________
Mission WinLater


Last edited by Mort Canard on Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 6753
Location: Nebraska, USA
Fiki wrote:
Harpo wrote:
So it's time to paint a number 8... Ferrari garage - Spa 1961 - Ferrari 156 "Sharknose" - Number 8 is the Belgian Yellow car entered for Gendebien.

Image
From https://i.pinimg.com
That lovely Belgian Yellow Sharknose made me look for footage. I've never seen this before, well worth watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxOwxsob67Q


LOVED the video, thanks, Fiki!

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1819
Location: Canada
Blake wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Harpo wrote:
So it's time to paint a number 8... Ferrari garage - Spa 1961 - Ferrari 156 "Sharknose" - Number 8 is the Belgian Yellow car entered for Gendebien.

Image
From https://i.pinimg.com
That lovely Belgian Yellow Sharknose made me look for footage. I've never seen this before, well worth watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxOwxsob67Q


LOVED the video, thanks, Fiki!

Yes, i meant to also say thanks. Really great stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 8075
Location: Mumbai, India
Image
Source - www.imgur.com

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 756
Another Chaparral and Surtees day...

Chaparral 2H... !
Image

With a John Surtees at the wheel...
Image
Both from https://i.pinimg.com

Chaparral 2 F - Le Mans 1967

Image
From https://i.pinimg.com


John Surtees' Cooper, Mexico 1966

Image
From http://f1.imgci.com


John Surtees in the NART Ferrari. He won the 1964 WDC driving it in America (north and south) at the end of the season.

Image
From https://i.dailymail.co.uk


And in the 1967 Honda, already seen, at the Nurburgring.

Image
From http://photos.motorsportmagazine.co.uk

_________________
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 756
Mort Canard wrote:
Harpo wrote:
Mort Canard wrote:
John Surtees 1968 Honda 3.0 V12
Image
Source: https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... 41x529.jpg


Am I contagious ?

Mostly not.
As a motorcycle racing fan I have been a follower of John Surtees for a long time. John won seven championships on two wheels and only one that I know of on four wheels. To me he is as much or more a motorcyclist than a race car driver.

I have also had my choices in place for subjects and images for a number of weeks. I had to do a couple of quick changes when you or jimmyj beat me to posting something I had already chosen.

I do share your enthusiasm for the career of the honorable Mr Surtees. Pay attention. I am not done with John for this countdown.


When I started my addiction to motor racing, John Surtees was driving cars. And this being mainly a 4 wheels forum, I didn't even thought of posting motorcycle photos. Silly me.
By the way, I stopped riding a long time ago.

Next year, I'll concentrate my countdown on French cars and drivers... With may be some bits of John Surtees here and there.

_________________
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1819
Location: Canada
Kimi.
Image
source: https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/moto ... 017-season

And in the new Sauber
Image
source: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14056 ... t-2019-car

Alan Kulwicki
Image
source: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/359725088982978985/

Marcus Ericsson in his new Arrow SPM Car
Image
source: https://in.motorsport.com/indycar/photo ... /42852441/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 7831
Location: Belgium
jimmyj wrote:
Blake wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Harpo wrote:
So it's time to paint a number 8... Ferrari garage - Spa 1961 - Ferrari 156 "Sharknose" - Number 8 is the Belgian Yellow car entered for Gendebien.

Image
From https://i.pinimg.com
That lovely Belgian Yellow Sharknose made me look for footage. I've never seen this before, well worth watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxOwxsob67Q


LOVED the video, thanks, Fiki!

Yes, i meant to also say thanks. Really great stuff.
My pleasure! Although I don't know the precise arrangements the Belgian team had with Ferrari, it does make you think about a modern equivalent for customer cars.

And I have to say Olivier Gendebien was a far better driver than I was aware of. I wish Stoffel could have had a top car these last few years. Ah well...

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1319
Location: Kansas
7 Days till the Australian GP
James Hunt in the 1978 McLaren M26 - Ford
Image
Source: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/cb/6b/4f/cb6b ... -darcy.jpg

Michael Andretti from his short lived F1 career.
Image
Source: http://img00.deviantart.net/746c/i/2013 ... 5xh0qz.jpg

Mikhail Aleshin - Indycar
Image
Source: https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/amp ... -honda.jpg

Barry Sheene
Image
Source: https://mcn-images.bauersecure.com/page ... heene1.jpg

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 756
Fiki wrote:
My pleasure! Although I don't know the precise arrangements the Belgian team had with Ferrari, it does make you think about a modern equivalent for customer cars.

And I have to say Olivier Gendebien was a far better driver than I was aware of. I wish Stoffel could have had a top car these last few years. Ah well...


As long as I know, the entry of a Ferrari for Gendebien at Spa under national Belgian colours, was a reward from Ferrari for his dedication to the Ferrari team. He had a contract to drive sport cars, and as "spare driver" for formula 1. Being one of the best endurance drivers of his time, he entered very few F1 races, but was offered a drive at every Belgian GP at the end of '50s and first years of '60s. These were official Scuderia Ferrari entries, despite the yellow colours of the cars. It's said Enzo Ferrari appreciated the gentlemanliness of Gendebien... Other times, times over...

_________________
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1319
Location: Kansas
Harpo wrote:
Mort Canard wrote:
Harpo wrote:
Mort Canard wrote:
John Surtees 1968 Honda 3.0 V12
Image
Source: https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... 41x529.jpg


Am I contagious ?

Mostly not.
As a motorcycle racing fan I have been a follower of John Surtees for a long time. John won seven championships on two wheels and only one that I know of on four wheels. To me he is as much or more a motorcyclist than a race car driver.

I have also had my choices in place for subjects and images for a number of weeks. I had to do a couple of quick changes when you or jimmyj beat me to posting something I had already chosen.

I do share your enthusiasm for the career of the honorable Mr Surtees. Pay attention. I am not done with John for this countdown.


When I started my addiction to motor racing, John Surtees was driving cars. And this being mainly a 4 wheels forum, I didn't even thought of posting motorcycle photos. Silly me.
By the way, I stopped riding a long time ago.

Next year, I'll concentrate my countdown on French cars and drivers... With may be some bits of John Surtees here and there.


My pics are being shared with both, this forum and with a motorcycle forum that has a Formula 1 annual thread that is pretty heavily followed. My own long history with motorcycles and that forum is the reason I have included at least 1 pic of motorcycle competition every day. I have already started cataloging some pics for the 2020 season and some pics that are worthy of reposting from this year.

Always glad to see your contributions.

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 7831
Location: Belgium
Harpo wrote:
Fiki wrote:
My pleasure! Although I don't know the precise arrangements the Belgian team had with Ferrari, it does make you think about a modern equivalent for customer cars.

And I have to say Olivier Gendebien was a far better driver than I was aware of. I wish Stoffel could have had a top car these last few years. Ah well...


As long as I know, the entry of a Ferrari for Gendebien at Spa under national Belgian colours, was a reward from Ferrari for his dedication to the Ferrari team. He had a contract to drive sport cars, and as "spare driver" for formula 1. Being one of the best endurance drivers of his time, he entered very few F1 races, but was offered a drive at every Belgian GP at the end of '50s and first years of '60s. These were official Scuderia Ferrari entries, despite the yellow colours of the cars. It's said Enzo Ferrari appreciated the gentlemanliness of Gendebien... Other times, times over...
Merci Harpo!

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:46 am
Posts: 608
5 days to go to FP1

Image

source: http://snaplap.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com

_________________
too fast to slow down


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 8075
Location: Mumbai, India
Image
Source - www.imgur.com

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 6753
Location: Nebraska, USA
Fiki wrote:
Harpo wrote:
Fiki wrote:
My pleasure! Although I don't know the precise arrangements the Belgian team had with Ferrari, it does make you think about a modern equivalent for customer cars.

And I have to say Olivier Gendebien was a far better driver than I was aware of. I wish Stoffel could have had a top car these last few years. Ah well...


As long as I know, the entry of a Ferrari for Gendebien at Spa under national Belgian colours, was a reward from Ferrari for his dedication to the Ferrari team. He had a contract to drive sport cars, and as "spare driver" for formula 1. Being one of the best endurance drivers of his time, he entered very few F1 races, but was offered a drive at every Belgian GP at the end of '50s and first years of '60s. These were official Scuderia Ferrari entries, despite the yellow colours of the cars. It's said Enzo Ferrari appreciated the gentlemanliness of Gendebien... Other times, times over...
Merci Harpo!


Gentlemen, I am going to be in Brussels, the first days of May. Are either of you in the area? You can PM me if you prefer.
:)

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 756
Penske Sunoco Ferrari 512 M - 1971 - Mark Donohue

Image
From https://i.pinimg.com


Ferrari 250 GTO - Yes, that's Surtees driving

Image
From http://www.welt.de


And the last drive (and victory) of John Surtees for Ferrari Formula 1 team - Spa 1966

Image
From http://columnm.com

_________________
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 756
Blake wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Harpo wrote:
Fiki wrote:
My pleasure! Although I don't know the precise arrangements the Belgian team had with Ferrari, it does make you think about a modern equivalent for customer cars.

And I have to say Olivier Gendebien was a far better driver than I was aware of. I wish Stoffel could have had a top car these last few years. Ah well...


As long as I know, the entry of a Ferrari for Gendebien at Spa under national Belgian colours, was a reward from Ferrari for his dedication to the Ferrari team. He had a contract to drive sport cars, and as "spare driver" for formula 1. Being one of the best endurance drivers of his time, he entered very few F1 races, but was offered a drive at every Belgian GP at the end of '50s and first years of '60s. These were official Scuderia Ferrari entries, despite the yellow colours of the cars. It's said Enzo Ferrari appreciated the gentlemanliness of Gendebien... Other times, times over...
Merci Harpo!


Gentlemen, I am going to be in Brussels, the first days of May. Are either of you in the area? You can PM me if you prefer.
:)


My next trip away from my base in southwest of France will be Ostend (because of a French song and a Flemish book)... But I won't be in Brussels the 1st of may. Enjoy it, it's one of my favourite towns in Europe ! And Belgium is a friendly place.
Remember my base can be yours when you decide to travel in the southwest of France.

_________________
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 7831
Location: Belgium
Blake wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Harpo wrote:
Fiki wrote:
My pleasure! Although I don't know the precise arrangements the Belgian team had with Ferrari, it does make you think about a modern equivalent for customer cars.

And I have to say Olivier Gendebien was a far better driver than I was aware of. I wish Stoffel could have had a top car these last few years. Ah well...


As long as I know, the entry of a Ferrari for Gendebien at Spa under national Belgian colours, was a reward from Ferrari for his dedication to the Ferrari team. He had a contract to drive sport cars, and as "spare driver" for formula 1. Being one of the best endurance drivers of his time, he entered very few F1 races, but was offered a drive at every Belgian GP at the end of '50s and first years of '60s. These were official Scuderia Ferrari entries, despite the yellow colours of the cars. It's said Enzo Ferrari appreciated the gentlemanliness of Gendebien... Other times, times over...
Merci Harpo!


Gentlemen, I am going to be in Brussels, the first days of May. Are either of you in the area? You can PM me if you prefer.:)
I live just over an hour away, so we definitely should meet if at all possible! Let's PM.

Harpo wrote:
My next trip away from my base in southwest of France will be Ostend (because of a French song and a Flemish book)...
Now you've got me wondering.

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 7831
Location: Belgium
Harpo wrote:


From the days when drivers knew where the limits of the track were. True, they could look out of their cockpits in those days. Which presumably means that increased safety requires far stricter stewarding.

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1819
Location: Canada
Nico when he became champion
Image
source: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/12729 ... nse-finale

Mark Martin, 1997 back when I loved Nascar
Image
source: https://differenthistory.fandom.com/wik ... t_Survives)

Love this picture. Jackie Stewart, Jim Clark and Graham Hill
Image
source: https://primotipo.com/2015/06/05/lotus- ... jim-clark/

One of my favourites, Robert Wickens
Image
source: https://beyondtheflag.com/2019/03/07/in ... reer-race/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 756
Fiki wrote:
From the days when drivers knew where the limits of the track were. True, they could look out of their cockpits in those days. Which presumably means that increased safety requires far stricter stewarding.


They'd better know them... Ignoring them could be fatal.

The song is "Comme à Ostende" written by Léo Ferré and Jean-Roger Caussimon - Originally sung by Léo Ferré (I'm a great lover of his work). And a lot of other singers through the years. You can get an excellent and more recent cover by Arno (who was born in Ostend).
The book is "Flamand des vagues" by Jan van Dorp. Written in French though the author was of Flemish descent (and translated into Flemish). A great novel about 3 generations of Ostend privateers at the end of the 17th century. One of my favourite "sea" books, and simply a great book of great style, whatever the drawer you put it in...

_________________
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1319
Location: Kansas
6 Days till the Australian GP
Keke Rosberg in the Williams
Image
Source: https://im.mtv.fi/image/5347274/landsca ... g-1982.jpg

Ricciardo Patrese in the Brabham
Image
Source: https://img14.deviantart.net/9689/i/201 ... 6d5lfn.jpg

Mark Donohue's Camaro Trans Am
Image
Source: http://www.kernodle.photography/img/s/v ... 8378-4.jpg

Dorsey Schroeder Trans Am Mustang
Image
Source: https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4089/5079 ... 81b1_b.jpg

Brad Lackey Motocross Champ.
Image
Source: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2c/be/07/2cbe ... e367ab8e.j

Matt Miladin
Image
Source: https://i.imgur.com/Pt6zePx.jpg

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 4796
Image

Ricardo Zunino, Brabham BT49D, GP Argentine, being greeted at the end of the race by his fellow countrymen, in what was his best finish ever. He finished 7th.

Source: https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rica ... a_1980.jpg

_________________
The end is near


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 8075
Location: Mumbai, India
Image
Source - www.imgur.com

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 4796
Image

Nigel Mansell, Williams, 1991, British GP winner, with some dude at the back of his car taking a free ride.

Source: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/photos/ra ... /10727602/

_________________
The end is near


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 756
Lotus 79 - Mr Motor-Racing himself, Mario Andretti...

Image
From https://i.pinimg.com


Alpine A 110 - One of the best rallye driver ever, Jean-Luc Thérier - Portugal 1973

Image
From https://i.pinimg.com

_________________
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 756
Mort Canard wrote:

Ricciardo Patrese in the Brabham


These mid '80s Brabham are among the most beautiful F1 cars.

_________________
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1319
Location: Kansas
5 Days till the Australian Gp

Emerson Fittipaldi - McLaren Ford 1974
Image
Source: http://img13.deviantart.net/c55f/i/2013 ... 6h6mhj.jpg

The great Jim Clark in the Lotus Cosworth at Zandvoort in 1967.
Image
Source: https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... 1967_3.jpg

Damon Hill in the Williams
Image
Source: http://orig12.deviantart.net/f0ac/f/201 ... 71vrv3.jpg

Troy Corser vintage racing a 1935 BMW R 57 Kompressor.
Image
Source: http://www.motorcycledaily.com/wp-conte ... 6top-i.jpg

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1819
Location: Canada
Vettel alongside Hammy. Pre halo
Image
source: https://wtf1.com/post/5-reasons-why-the ... is-season/

Amazing how much the cars change
Image
source: https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... els-season

Terry Labonte "Texas Terry"
Image
source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NASCAR/comment ... _all_time/

Toyota, somehow different than the one in my driveway
Image
source: https://autoweek.com/article/24-hours-l ... rs-le-mans

My fav Indy driver, James Hinchcliffe
Image
source: https://autoweek.com/article/indycar/ja ... ch-victory

Nigel Mansell of course
Image
source: https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/race/hist ... g-numbers/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 8075
Location: Mumbai, India
Image
Source - www.imgur.com

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:55 pm
Posts: 54
Location: Montreal
So many fantastic photos! Keep them coming :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 756
It looks like UnlikeUday is impatient... Back to number 4

Tyrrell 6 wheels - Patrick Depailler - Belgium 1976

Image
From https://img00.deviantart.net


Jordan Reynard F3000 - Jean Alesi 1989

Image
From http://media.gettyimages.com

Another Tyrrell - Jean Alesi at the 1990 US GP

Image
From From https://img00.deviantart.net


And John Syrtees again - His last victory driving a F1 car, and one he built, the TS9 - Non championship race, Oulton Park 1971 - Trust me, his car is number 4...

Image
From https://d2d0b2rxqzh1q5.cloudfront.net

_________________
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1319
Location: Kansas
4 Days till the Australian Gp
Steve Soper BTCC BMW.
Image
Source: http://racing-car-photos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/150.jpg

Robert Lappalainen's Ford Mustang
Image
Source: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/12/6e/02/126e ... 5d13eb.jpg

2001 Monaco GP David Coulthard.
Image
Source: https://cdn-9.motorsport.com/static/img ... lthard.jpg

1959 Watson Indy Roadster
Image
Source: https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3023/2887 ... ed54_b.jpg

Hans Stuck in the Audi Quatro AWD
Image
Source: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0e/b6/05 ... 09cf50.jpg

Chris Carr at speed on the Harley.
Image
Source: https://i0.wp.com/goodsparkgarage.com/w ... iscarr.jpg

Andrea Dovizioso the most recent MotoGP winner.
Image
Source: https://www.tpi.it/app/uploads/2019/03/ ... izioso.jpg

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1819
Location: Canada
Max Chilton before he bounced to IndyCar
Image
source: https://autoweek.com/article/indycar/fo ... -standards

Tyrrell 6 wheeler. Look at the size of the rears vs the fronts!
Image
source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... -750k.html

Johnny Laursen Ascari Benetton
Image
source: https://www.motorsport.com/openwheel/ph ... -6/992643/

Image
source: http://openwheel33.com/2017-indycar-4/

Ernie Irvan "swervin' Irvan" inside of my fav Nascar driver Rusty "rubberhead" Wallace
Image
source: https://steel-and-asphalt.tumblr.com/po ... e-of-rusty


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group