planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:58 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

Post subject: BBCF1 greatest drivers
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:02 pm 

Does anyone know when this is being aired on TV?

many thanks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:27 pm 

Hi vikram,

I think "BBCF1 greatest drivers" is gonna be broadcast on Sky TV soon.

many your welcomes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:33 pm 

SebastianBieber wrote:
Hi vikram,

many your welcomes

And the Top of the list will probably be Ayrton Senna although it should be Michael Schumacher.
Even Murray Walker, a man who's probably seen more drivers than any of us can ever remember feels Michael is simply the best there ever was.
Hard to argue with that.

I guess this is another one for me to download. Think I might start a new thread for everyone to post F1 programs so everyone everywhere can get as much as they would like.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:37 pm 

SebastianBieber wrote:
Hi vikram,

many your welcomes

Erm? Is there nothing extra we get of BBC anymore?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:44 pm 

bit more googling has revealed that they will reveal top 20 drivers one by one on tuesday before each gp this year.

Sounds a bit boring tbh, i cant spend that much time of my life on a countdown. Wish it was condensed into one single show of maybe 90 mins or so.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:46 pm 

There is life beyond Sky, believe it or not. I seem to be in the minority in thinking that the majority of Sky's output will be a load of old tosh that us proper fans already knew. The phrase "giving F1 the Sky Sports treatment" really makes me roll my eyes...is their football coverage really any better than what the BBC or ITV manage? Sure, the programmes are longer, and there's hours of detailed analysis...but it's easy to confuse quantity with quality.

To answer the OP's post...this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17299158 takes you to the page that describes the programme. It sounds like it's online-only (although may be on the red button I guess) in the run-up to the GP. I expect it's a replacement for the "Classic GP" series that was really past its best by the end of last season.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:07 am 

Paul_C wrote:
There is life beyond Sky, believe it or not. I seem to be in the minority in thinking that the majority of Sky's output will be a load of old tosh that us proper fans already knew. The phrase "giving F1 the Sky Sports treatment" really makes me roll my eyes...is their football coverage really any better than what the BBC or ITV manage? Sure, the programmes are longer, and there's hours of detailed analysis...but it's easy to confuse quantity with quality.

To answer the OP's post...this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17299158 takes you to the page that describes the programme. It sounds like it's online-only (although may be on the red button I guess) in the run-up to the GP. I expect it's a replacement for the "Classic GP" series that was really past its best by the end of last season.

Before tonight, i'd have agreed with you. Tonight's Sky launch was brilliant. As good as the BBC, and it's going to be more often. So quality and quantity in spades. Admittedly a few things will be repeated and hardcore fans won't likely get much new information, but the quality was good tonight and i'm sure they'll be looking to improve.

McLaren
Hamilton - Victory is good for the soul.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:29 am 

the incubus wrote:
SebastianBieber wrote:
Hi vikram,

many your welcomes

And the Top of the list will probably be Ayrton Senna although it should be Michael Schumacher.
Even Murray Walker, a man who's probably seen more drivers than any of us can ever remember feels Michael is simply the best there ever was.
Hard to argue with that.

I guess this is another one for me to download. Think I might start a new thread for everyone to post F1 programs so everyone everywhere can get as much as they would like.

Murray thinks Jackie Stewart is the greatest ever. He said it in his f1 racing column about 12 months ago.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:59 am 

Paul_C wrote:

This :thumbup:

If you want in-depth info on any sport, you'll find a lot more online and through the press.
The BBC coverage was great last year but I don't remember ever learning much from their features and a lot of the time I wasn't engaged by it - just impatient for the start of the race/qualy.
TV coverage is nearly always dumbed down to appeal to as many people as possible, but it's not all TV's fault - The teams and drivers are so heavily trained by their PR departments that there's rarely anything interesting said live to the cameras anyway.